Merlin Motors

Merchants Automotive Group

Gala
6/30/2015

"4/25/15"

I have been looking for quality and affordable vehicle, and finally find it with Natik! I had such great experience and was surprised how Merlin taking care of people. I bought my car and happily driving it around! Affordable, trustworthy, super friendly and very honest people! They service prices are great as well. Very happy! Thank you MERLIN MOTORS!

Golfman01
5/15/2015

"Only used dealership where I've had issues"

These gentlemen are not trust worthy nor honest in any way, shape or form. Do not waste your time or your headaches here. Believe me.

nickyoungallday
4/10/2015

"do not trust merlin motors on forest avenue. AT. ALL"

Long story short, I bought a vehicle from here for quite a bit of money and of course a problem arises about 2 weeks after purchase. 30 day warranty so it should get fixed FOR FREE right? Wrong. They said there was no problem with it and sent me off on my way where I had to pay a technician a large amount of money to diagnose the problem. Take that paper work to merlin and they said OK they'll fix it. Had my car there for numerous hours and they didn't fix a thing and they said they did. Brought it back a week later and the same thing happened. A lot of stress for such a little cheap fix that would have costed them about 40 bucks. Awful experience . will never buy a used car again. Actually considering on going on strike right in front of merlin and warning their customers of their fraud. Livid with these people.

natik

chasinport
11/15/2013

"I waited 8 months after I paid in full for my 2000 Honda..."

I waited 8 months after I paid in full for my 2000 Honda CR-V SE AWD to be sure I felt comfortable giving Merlin Motors my review here. Back in April, I rented a car, and drove through nearly every dealer from Saco to Westbrook; after spending days and a couple hundred dollars in car rental payments, a friend of mine asked if I had visited Merlin Motors on Forest Avenue, right here, in Portland. Well, "no", was my answer. So, right off, he showed me where to find them - actually, I knew where they were - I used to live over in the Woodfords Area, but they just slipped my mind. Saw a few cars, trucks and CR-V's that were in my $4-$6,000 price range, ended up settling on a nice white Honda CR-V, wrote the check, and drove off into the sunset. Marco, I believe, one of the owners, if not THE owner, was the nicest, most upstanding guy. He said, "You have a complete bumper to bumper warranty if anything happens - it's a used 13 year old car, and I don't want you to worry about anything going wrong". My first trip to Vermont, after going through the York Toll Plaza, the Honda started to cough; I freaked out, pulled into a parking lot, and called Marco. I didn't dare to drive it, because the engine light came on. It was Mother's Day weekend; I had to get to Vermont. There were no rentals anywhere, and Triple A would only tow me five miles - Marco immediately sent two employees with a Honda Odyssey for me to use for the weekend. There was nothing wrong with the Honda - they tuned it up just right, so when I got back to Maine, the light was out and it was running just fine. It never even needed a tow - they drove it back to Portland. My Honda just makes me happier every day; it even runs better than I really expected, for a 13 year old vehicle. I really like these guys, and when I checked the Blue Book pricing, they gave me a price I know was below what they could have gotten. They saved my Mother's Day for Mom, they sold me a car with no surprises, and they did everything they said they would. I love these people, I will go back, and I recommend you check them out for a good used car. These people go above and beyond what I could ever expect. Thanks, Marco!

Marco Bard

pmarques73
3/04/2013

"I had my share of run-ins with unsavory service centers..."

I had my share of run-ins with unsavory service centers and mechanics over the years. Worst of all was the feeling of distrust and never knowing if I was being taken for a ride or not...whether that work was REALLY necessary and whether it REALLY took that long to do it. Natik at Merlin Motors definitely changed all of that. I went there by chance about 6 years ago when I was shopping for a new car for my wife. Natik was very honest and direct with me, presenting me with realistic expectations and not just giving me lip service. We would up not buying a car at that time, however I have been going to Merlin Motors since that day. Natik has serviced 3 of my cars since then and each time I am treated fairly and given a great price. I have recommended family and friends over the years, and they are all repeat customers. I would gladly recommend Merlin Motors to anyone. Thank you so much Natik.

j.hur
8/30/2012

"I can not say enough good things about Merlin Motors and..."

I can not say enough good things about Merlin Motors and Natik specifically. My timing belt broke on my 2004 Jetta with about 80K miles on it. Morong Falmouth (thieves) wanted to charge $1000 for the timing belt service, then another 4 hours of labor to determine the damage that was caused as a result, THEN likely sell me a new engine head (~$3800)! Total bill would have come close to the value of the car. I called Natik and he gave me a maximum cost of 1600 over the phone. Obviously I brought it to him. He did the work - at a cost of $1229. Merlin motors has my business from now on! Thank you very much Natik!

dbaunach
4/12/2012

"Natik and his associates at Merlin Motors were very..."

Natik and his associates at Merlin Motors were very honest and helpful during and after my purchase of a Mercedes E320. I purchased this car sight un-seen (We live in Spokane Washington) and needed to absolutely trust them. My wife flew into the charming city of Portland to pick up the car for the long drive back. She was greeted by Natik at the airport and was overwhelmed by the extent to which Natik went way over and above what you would expect from a car dealer in making this a very special birthday presentation. Thank you Natik and all who made this possible. Dennis