Morris Nissan

1714 Savannah Highway,
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Morris Nissan Info
About Morris Nissan

Welcome to MorrisNissan.com We are proud to be your locally owned, family run, Charleston area dealership for Nissan sales, service, parts, and collision. The family tradition began after Capt. D.P. "Buck" Morris returned home from Pearl Harbor and began selling used cars with his father-in-law in Charleston. By 1965, Buck acquired the first Datsun franchise in South Carolina, which was re-branded as Nissan in the mid 80's. His wife, Princess, was involved in the business as well as his two sons, Wesley "Bucky" Morris and David Morris III. His daughter Pam later joined the company. Today, Buck is retired; but stops in to check in on the boys, Bucky and David, who run the dealership today. Bucky's two sons, Wesley and Marshall, work in the business as well as David's son Gil, and Pam's Daughter Hope. Morris Nissan is a true family business that has been serving the automotive needs of the Lowcountry for over 48 years. Come see us today and see the Morris dfference; How you gonna' beat that!? The Morris family has always been involved in the community, finding ways to give back. You can find Morris Nissan sponsorships through youth sports programs, civic clubs, and various volunteer opportunities that are presented to the company. In 2007, Morris Nissan partnered with Carolina Children's Charity, a local non-profit organization that helps children in the Low Country with birth defects and diseases. The Morris' have donated a portion of each vehicle sales since 2007 to CCC totaling over $400,000 in contributions.

About Morris Nissan

• Life Time Oil Changes- New Nissan
  • Free Lifetime Powertrain Warranty- New Nissan's
Lynn1313
6/08/2015

"Unexpectedly pleasant experience"

I purchased a new Rogue from Morris Nissan last week. My salesman Kevin Bobo, made it a pleasure. I have purchased many cars over my lifetime and I must say this was my most pleasant experience. Kevin made me feel comfortable and assured me that Morris Nissan stands behind there automobile sales. I noticed there pledge of satisfaction etched in a stone while entering the sales room. I don't think I have could have been happier with Morris Nissan.

Kevin Bobo

GoodKarma14
6/01/2015

"2015 Frontier Desert Runner"

Best price, options and customer service. Chris, Lauren and Hope were great to work with. The price included a tow package, bed liner, step rails and Lumar hood protection. How You Gonna Beat That????

Lauren Tinnan

roadrunner51
5/07/2015

"A waste of my time and gas to travel fifty miles for nothing"

I was interested in a 2002 Ford Ranger I had seen on their website, in order to hopefully get a lower truck payment. But after having tried to deal with Morris Nissan once before (to no avail) I did my homework this time! I pulled copies of what my vehicle was worth as rated by Black Book, NADA Book, and the KBB. To get an accurate trade-in appraisal for your area, you must put your zip code in. Morris Nissan salespeople must have been trained to think the average prospective buyer is ignorant or unaware of this fact. I arrived at Morris Nissan dealership to meet with Melanie. She immediately turned me over to another salesman. This must be their unique custom, because the same thing happened the last time I visited here. I think the salesman's name was David (?), he didn't impress me enough to really care. The first thing he wanted to do was appraise my vehicle to see if I qualified for a loan and someone was supposed to bring the Ranger around front. Believe it or not, but I never even saw the vehicle the entire time I was there! But I guess that's a moot point, because after consulting with someone who was probably over used car sales, he returned with some figures. This is very important-I am 63 years old and in a span of 43 years have purchased about 35 different vehicles! Yes, this is a true fact, I have each one of them written down with a few details about it. So it's not like this was my first or second time! lol! Well, getting back to whats-his-name and the trade in figures. They offered me a little more than half what each of the three scores I had were. More smoke and mirrors! So I showed him the Black Book score for THIS area (really surprised him with that one, guess he wasn't expecting that) But he said well that didn't matter, they use a system that shows what identical vehicles like mine were selling for in THIS area. Wasn't that what the Black Book report I had just shown him said? He said it must have been for another truck or something, but he didn't know anything about that. Now I saw what I was dealing with. I told him what I wanted was just what the reports I had stated, and if he couldn't do that, then I wanted my keys. He went back to the Big Kahuna to check. No, sorry that's all we can do! I said, "Well, you can give me my keys, I've wasted enough time here!" What most people don't realize is that most Charleston car dealers shaft you twice. 1. They offer you around half of what the actual trade in value is. 2. They mark the vehicle up usually a couple of thousand dollars more than what it should retail for. Oh, and out of those 35 or so vehicles I have purchased in my life, only one came from Charleston! In 43 years of buying vehicles, I have only found one honest Charleston area car dealership you could bank on, and it's definitely not Morris Nissan! Like Wayne Burdette (an old Chrysler-Dodge dealer) used to say, "Cars are like eggs, they're cheaper in the country!" Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction! lol! If you don't believe it, try it. Cars are usually from a thousand to several thousand cheaper in small towns and in rural areas. Reason-low overhead and these dealers are willing to give more and be more flexible because their survival depends on it. They have to make their customers happy so they'll keep coming back, and pass the word around that "so and so" has a really good dealership that's willing to work with you-the customer.

I don't remember whats-his-name, not impressed.

wimmer13
3/20/2015

"Love Morris Nissan"

I recently traded in my 2013 Rogue for a 2015 Rogue. First of all, what a fabulous car. Second of all, working with Morris Nissan salesman Chris Compton was a fabulous experience. He was very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, patient and really made sure I got the car and the deal that was best for me. He made is a pleasure... who could ever say that about buying a car??? Can't say enough about Chris and Morris Nissan in general!!

Violet
3/16/2015

"Exceptional-Friendly Service"

David Penagos at Morris Nissan provided exceptional service in purchasing my New 2015 ALTIMA. He was very informative and had superb knowledge of the Car and it's operation. He was very patient and kind from the moment I stepped onto the Car Lot. Things he explained, if I forgot he would smile and show me again. We discussed from Color to operation. Again informative, he made me feel at ease, like family. I must say I am one consumer that usually has buyers remorse, not this time. I LOVE MY ALTIMA. It's roomy and comfortable and all the safety features. JOHN assured me that they would take care of the paperwork, they did. After the purchase Marshall Morris e-mailed me to find out how was my shopping experience. I must say that is a first. It felt good to know that the business cares about your experience after the deal is closed. Marshall your Grandfather kept his Military tradition and that made me a proud and happy Consumer. Thanks and blessing to all. Yes if the question is asked; I would shop at Morris Nissan again. Yah!!!!! to David P.

David Penagos

ckrrt
3/15/2015

"Painless"

This was by far the easiest, most painless car buying experience I've had in the 30 years of buying cars. From the moment I was greeted at the door through the current time, the Morris team is going above and beyond to be sure we're satisfied with our new Rogue.

Kevin Bobo

Michele
3/14/2015

"Disappointed "

Disappointed with my experience. They lost selling a brand new car over a $20.00 difference in a payment. They were not willing to work with me. I was ready to sign the paperwork. I will be going to Hudson Nissan tomorrow to purchase my new Nissan. I will say my salesman was new and friendly. Other than that very diaspointed in the customer service I was provided.

Dewayne

Teresa
2/25/2015

"I Love My New Car!"

Rick Baker assisted me at Morris Nissan, in a very professional manner , was easy to talk too and I enjoyed my experience buying a new car from him. I would definitely recommend Morris Nissan to someone who is looking to buy a new or used car. The overall experience was fantastic compared to some experiences buying a car that I have had in the past. The personal attention you get after buying makes you feel that you are an important customer and they care about your concerns and they truly do want to be the best in the business.

Carroll
2/25/2015

"Exceptional Service"

Morris Nissan is the BEST !! I recently bought a car from Morris Nissan. It was the first dealership experience that I have had in 15+ years and it was such a pleasure. Mr. Rick Baker assisted me and it was a breeze. I found the car that I wanted online and had the best experience during the "buying" portion of my visit. Much easier than I expected and with a very friendly, professional salesman who certainly did not handle in the "rush" sort of way I remember from years ago. Incredible service :)

sjgj
2/21/2015

"I'M A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!!!"

This dealership, by far, is the best one I've ever been to. The workers were truly a breath of fresh air. I've been to two other dealerships the past week. One dealership took up so much of my time and energy...I was upset and angry with the fact that I still had no car after being there FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. The customer service at Morris Nissan, on the other hand, was out of this world. From the time my husband and I entered, until we left we were always given service with a smile. It was a hassle free visit...no pressure. Rick started my husband's application online, and updated us with options. When we came into the dealership, Ben asked us what we wanted...didn't waste our time AT ALL!!! Daniel was also great getting us in a car that were could afford and was happy with. We were signing papers with the finance manager before we knew it. I would recommend Morris Nissan Charleston to anyone!!!! Rick, Ben, and Daniel are awesome!!!!! I am officially a lifetime Morris Nissan customer.

Ben