Morris Nissan

1714 Savannah Highway,
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Morris Nissan Info
About Morris Nissan

Welcome to MorrisNissan.com We are proud to be your locally owned, family run, Charleston area dealership for Nissan sales, service, parts, and collision. The family tradition began after Capt. D.P. "Buck" Morris returned home from Pearl Harbor and began selling used cars with his father-in-law in Charleston. By 1965, Buck acquired the first Datsun franchise in South Carolina, which was re-branded as Nissan in the mid 80's. His wife, Princess, was involved in the business as well as his two sons, Wesley "Bucky" Morris and David Morris III. His daughter Pam later joined the company. Today, Buck is retired; but stops in to check in on the boys, Bucky and David, who run the dealership today. Bucky's two sons, Wesley and Marshall, work in the business as well as David's son Gil, and Pam's Daughter Hope. Morris Nissan is a true family business that has been serving the automotive needs of the Lowcountry for over 48 years. Come see us today and see the Morris dfference; How you gonna' beat that!? The Morris family has always been involved in the community, finding ways to give back. You can find Morris Nissan sponsorships through youth sports programs, civic clubs, and various volunteer opportunities that are presented to the company. In 2007, Morris Nissan partnered with Carolina Children's Charity, a local non-profit organization that helps children in the Low Country with birth defects and diseases. The Morris' have donated a portion of each vehicle sales since 2007 to CCC totaling over $400,000 in contributions.

About Morris Nissan

• Life Time Oil Changes- New Nissan
  • Free Lifetime Powertrain Warranty- New Nissan's
wimmer13
3/20/2015

"Love Morris Nissan"

I recently traded in my 2013 Rogue for a 2015 Rogue. First of all, what a fabulous car. Second of all, working with Morris Nissan salesman Chris Compton was a fabulous experience. He was very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, patient and really made sure I got the car and the deal that was best for me. He made is a pleasure... who could ever say that about buying a car??? Can't say enough about Chris and Morris Nissan in general!!

Violet
3/16/2015

"Exceptional-Friendly Service"

David Penagos at Morris Nissan provided exceptional service in purchasing my New 2015 ALTIMA. He was very informative and had superb knowledge of the Car and it's operation. He was very patient and kind from the moment I stepped onto the Car Lot. Things he explained, if I forgot he would smile and show me again. We discussed from Color to operation. Again informative, he made me feel at ease, like family. I must say I am one consumer that usually has buyers remorse, not this time. I LOVE MY ALTIMA. It's roomy and comfortable and all the safety features. JOHN assured me that they would take care of the paperwork, they did. After the purchase Marshall Morris e-mailed me to find out how was my shopping experience. I must say that is a first. It felt good to know that the business cares about your experience after the deal is closed. Marshall your Grandfather kept his Military tradition and that made me a proud and happy Consumer. Thanks and blessing to all. Yes if the question is asked; I would shop at Morris Nissan again. Yah!!!!! to David P.

David Penagos

ckrrt
3/15/2015

"Painless"

This was by far the easiest, most painless car buying experience I've had in the 30 years of buying cars. From the moment I was greeted at the door through the current time, the Morris team is going above and beyond to be sure we're satisfied with our new Rogue.

Kevin Bobo

Michele
3/14/2015

"Disappointed "

Disappointed with my experience. They lost selling a brand new car over a $20.00 difference in a payment. They were not willing to work with me. I was ready to sign the paperwork. I will be going to Hudson Nissan tomorrow to purchase my new Nissan. I will say my salesman was new and friendly. Other than that very diaspointed in the customer service I was provided.

Dewayne

Teresa
2/25/2015

"I Love My New Car!"

Rick Baker assisted me at Morris Nissan, in a very professional manner , was easy to talk too and I enjoyed my experience buying a new car from him. I would definitely recommend Morris Nissan to someone who is looking to buy a new or used car. The overall experience was fantastic compared to some experiences buying a car that I have had in the past. The personal attention you get after buying makes you feel that you are an important customer and they care about your concerns and they truly do want to be the best in the business.

Carroll
2/25/2015

"Exceptional Service"

Morris Nissan is the BEST !! I recently bought a car from Morris Nissan. It was the first dealership experience that I have had in 15+ years and it was such a pleasure. Mr. Rick Baker assisted me and it was a breeze. I found the car that I wanted online and had the best experience during the "buying" portion of my visit. Much easier than I expected and with a very friendly, professional salesman who certainly did not handle in the "rush" sort of way I remember from years ago. Incredible service :)

sjgj
2/21/2015

"I'M A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!!!"

This dealership, by far, is the best one I've ever been to. The workers were truly a breath of fresh air. I've been to two other dealerships the past week. One dealership took up so much of my time and energy...I was upset and angry with the fact that I still had no car after being there FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. The customer service at Morris Nissan, on the other hand, was out of this world. From the time my husband and I entered, until we left we were always given service with a smile. It was a hassle free visit...no pressure. Rick started my husband's application online, and updated us with options. When we came into the dealership, Ben asked us what we wanted...didn't waste our time AT ALL!!! Daniel was also great getting us in a car that were could afford and was happy with. We were signing papers with the finance manager before we knew it. I would recommend Morris Nissan Charleston to anyone!!!! Rick, Ben, and Daniel are awesome!!!!! I am officially a lifetime Morris Nissan customer.

Ben

coco
2/17/2015

"Celebrating 50 years!!"

I would like to thank Morris Nissan for making my car buying experience the best possible. Purchasing a new vehicle is a big decision and everyone wants to get a great vehicle at a fair price. I utilized the Morris Nissan website to research and compare the Nissan products. Once a decision was made, I visited the dealership to view and test drive the 2014 Nissan Maxima. My sales consultant, Greg Gould, was very friendly and knowledgeable as he answered all of my questions. His professionalism and attention to detail was very much appreciated - which is why this was my 5th time purchasing an automobile from him and from South Carolina's Oldest Nissan dealer. I also have to thank Mike Smith for making the finance process quick and painless while providing me with all the vehicles warranty and financing information. Overall, it was a great experience with everyone; Therefore, I would absolutely recommend anyone looking for a car to buy from Morris Nissan, Charleston, SC.

hutch
2/01/2015

"CAR BUYING"

THIS WOULD OF BEEN THE 3RD VEHICLE PURCHASE FROM THIS DEALER IN THE LAST 3 YEARS.. BUT AFTER THE FINANCE/SALES MGR- PHILLIP WILLS TRIED TO RIP US OFF WITH THE FIXED INTEREST RATE DUE TO BEING A VPP CUSTOMER THROUGH NISSAN FAMILY MEMBER. INCENTIVE PROGRAM..WHEN I TOLD HIM HE WAS A CROOK WE WERE TOLD NOT TO COME BACK AND THAT THEY WOULD NOT SELL US A CAR. I TRIED TO SPEAK TO MR. MORRIS HE ACTED LIKE HE WANTED TO HELP BUT KEPT SAYING THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO MAKE MONEY AS WELL. WELL WHEN YOU ARE A PARTICIPATING VPP DEALER YOU DONT MAKE MONEY ON THESE SALES YOU ARE PAID A FLAT FEE. THEY ACTED LIKE THEY DIDNT KNOW THE CURRENT RATES ETC LIKE IT WAS SECRET INFORMATION AND KEPT TRYING TO SCREW WITH US..YOU CAN GOOGLE THE INFO ON INTERNET AND ITS ALL OUT THERE FOR ANYONE TO SEE . HUDSON NISSAN HAS THE INFO POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE AS WELL. I HAVE SINCE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH NISSAN CORP HEADQUARTERS AND THE BBB!!! BUYERS BEWARE OF THEIR TACTICS!! AND YES I WENT CRAZY WITH THEM DUE TO THEM TRYING TO RIP ME OFF!!!! I HAVE NOW PURCHASED MY 2015 ROGUE WITH HUDSON NISSAN WITH NO HASSLES!!! WITH CORRECT RATES ETC!! BUYERS BEWARE MORRIS NISSAN--- THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR NAME....NEITHER DOES THE OWNERS OF MORRIS!!! THEY WILL INFLATE YOUR RATES AND WHATEVER ELSE THEY CAN DO!!

HENRY- SALES REP HAD no problems with this man he is just the middle man...

Morris Nissan responded to this review

February 18, 2015

If reference to the VPP Purchase Program offered by Nissan, “VPP incentives vary by model and actual savings will vary based on model, trim and options selected. Not all Nissan models or trim levels are eligible for VPP. VPP is an optional Dealer participation program. Contact your local dealer to inquire about their program participation.” The above information may be seen by visiting www.insidenissan.com, which is the site that the customer is referencing. This website also states that, “You may also secure financing through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC). Additional incentives may apply when using NMAC as your financing source. See your local Nissan retailer for financing options.” While it is true that employees of Nissan North America, its affiliates, and their families are entitled to discounted rates if the dealer chooses to participate, the actual rate that the customer receives is based on a Tier structure that is determined by the Auto Finance Bureau Score obtained by NMAC. To put it in simpler terms, retail rates are actually based entirely on the customer’s credit information. The Tier that the customer qualified for was determined by NMAC and not the dealer. This was explained to the customer numerous times. A supervisor from NMAC also attempted to assure the customer that the information we had was correct. Unfortunately, the customer only got more defensive towards the NMAC supervisor as well as our employees. It was at this point that the owner of our dealership intervened in an attempt to assist the customer. After being verbally insulted and threatened, our management team determined that it would be in our best interest not to sell this customer a car. I cannot disclose credit information due to privacy laws but the above events are well documented and we have retained copies of all paperwork for our records. I will also be happy to provide copies of all documentation to the customer if she has misplaced any of her paperwork. As for the complaint that the customer registered with “Nissan Corp,” the case was closed on February 3rd, “RCAS-MP closing case no further action needed.” We value our reputation of low pressure selling and excellent service after the sale which is why I find the customers recollection of the events so troubling. Morris Nissan made every attempt to sell this customer a vehicle. The vehicle in question was actually being offered to the customer for two thousand dollars less than the Nissan VPP price. At the dealership, the customer became agitated once she learned that her finance rate would be higher than expected. This finance rate was determined by NMAC and her approval was based on her credit report. Morris Nissan offers “Complimentary Oil Changes” on new Nissan purchases as a way to thank our customers for their continued servicing at Morris Nissan. This is something offered by Morris Nissan without any factory involvement. This customer threatened our employees and now states that she bought a Nissan from a different dealer.

Todd
1/27/2015

"The best out there"

Morris Nissan is among the best in the area from friendly team members to technicians. Buying my Nissan Titan was hassle free and smooth from the beginning. They by far exceeded any experience I've ever encountered with other dealerships. I will always go back for any of my future vehicle purchases. Your family the moment you walk in the door.

Ben Califf