Mungenast Alton Toyota

Sales Product Specialist

Brian Pruiett, Service Advisor, Mungenast Alton Toyota

Brian Pruiett

March 08, 2017

"Mungenast Stealership SCAM - Unethical Service Department "

- Mungenast Stealership

I took my vehicle in for an important Toyota safety recall for the passenger airbag. the recall notice was sent to my home from corporate Toyota. I scheduled the appointment and took my vehicle last week to Dave Mungenast Stealership in Alton Illinois. . Following the important safety recall repair I received a "complimentary" Toyota mechanical check. The estimated amount of their highly recommended repairs was in excess of $800. Here's what they said was wrong (listed as a number) and here are the facts (listed a "Fact" and followed by an alpha (letter). 1. Mungenast Stealership: Oil is "highly discolored and appeared to not have been changed for 24Kmiles. A. FACT: I changed my oil using Synthetic oil 2 weeks ago and the oil had less than 300 miles use. 2. Mungenast Stealership: Front Brake pads were "dangerously low" and were "2-3 millimeters thick" (.078-.118). B. FACT: Brakes pads were changed by me 2 months ago and just to be sure I checked my brake pads after returning from this stealership and they checked 9mm (.335 of an inch). 3. Mungenast Stealership: Tires have "dangerously low tread and are below the tire wear tread bars (FYI - the tire tread wear are molded into the tire so one can ascertain when the tire tread is at a level indicating a need to replace the tire). C. FACT, the tires have tread remaining in excess of 3/16" or .1875/4.672 MM. The replacement recommendation is 1/16" or 1.5875MM. D. Mungenast Stealership: Front tires are wearing uneven and an alignment is required if new tires are to be installed. Bottom Line, Mungenast Stealership didn't know they were dealing with a retired mechanic with 34 years of experience. I strongly advise against anyone taking their vehicle to Mungenast Stealership unless they have intimate knowledge of their vehicle because these slimeball unethical thieves cannot be trusted. find another Toyota dealership for recall repairs even if you have to drive farther away to avoid being lied to. I might video record and document a vehicle's stats prior to taking it in for a shakedown and submitting my research to the BBB and the local new media. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Anyone rating this stealership as "good" for service is either clueless about mechanical issues, has money to burn, or is an associate of this stealership, or all of the above. I did get a nice free car wash though :)

March 04, 2017

"Waste of time"

- KB26

My husband called this location today and spoke with a salesman named AJ about a particular vehicle we were interested in. We would be driving a pretty good distance and don't have time to waste because we have to make a purchase today. He specifically asked AJ if a certain payment range would be a possibility. He was reluctant to say yes or no, because as we all know it's based on our credit and down payment to a certain extent, however, we knew that the price would have to come down just a bit for us to land in that range. AJ told us to come on in after my husband thoroughly set the expectations and asked if there was wiggle room in the price, in which we were told there was. An hour later we are in the dealership and crunching numbers. We were having a conversation with AJ and I had mentioned that if they come down a bit and we put a little more down, that the payment would work. The sales manager, Oli, interrupterd our conversation (nice guy) and basically told us that there is absolutely no wiggle room and that he will wholesale the vehicle before he drops the price any. Funny thing is, AJ said there is less than $1000 that they could come off just minutes before the sales manager said zero. Which is accurate? This would have been nice to know before we wasted 2 hours seeing a vehicle that didn't make financial sense. AJ could have easily told us this from the get-go, but instead he figured if he could get us in, he could sell a car. Very misleading and a waste of time.

November 11, 2016

"Toyota Rent a Car"

- Jenny H family

Julie runs the rental department at Alton Toyota. She treated me like family. She always takes care of me. My rental car is clean and pulled up for me when I arrive. And she has the best prices around and lots of cars to choose from. I like the fact that the rental department has clean smoke free new cars to rent. She runs her department professional. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

New 2016 Toyota Avalon, $33563