North Bay Imports Inc

Foley Motorsports

Harbro Sales & Service Inc

kennedya1
12/16/2013

"My experience with Dave at North Bay Imports was..."

My experience with Dave at North Bay Imports was professional, easy, and fast. And most importantly, worth the 3 hour drive from Southern Maine! I searched for a Volkswagen Passat in New England and found the perfect car on their lot at an extremely competitive price. Dave provided me with an AutoCheck report and all necessary information to research the vehicle. I quickly determined the car was exactly how it was listed on their website and decided to purchase the vehicle. From there, Dave made the purchase process easy and went above and beyond to ensure all documentation and forms were delivered to my local bank in a timely manor. 2 days later I made the trip down to find everything was ready to go and the car was absolutely perfect. After about 5 minutes of paperwork, I was in my new car on the way back to Maine a very satisfied customer. With the money I saved and hassle free sales process at North Bay Imports, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a Volkswagen, Mercedes or Audi - even if they have to drive from Maine!

David Mason

suvjon123
10/29/2013

"I had very good experience with North Bay Imports. I was..."

I had very good experience with North Bay Imports. I was coming from Manhattan to look at a specific car I wanted to maybe take home with me in one trip, so I asked a lot of questions in advance. It's a long drive. Dave answered them all and was very responive. Then, when I got there, the car and all the things Dave said about it were exactly correct. The amount of money he said I could get for my trade-in was exactly as he said. No surprises, which to me is the most important thing when finding a good car dealer. He prepared the paperwork before I arrived in order to make the transaction go quickly and smoothly. I definitely recommend this place.

David Mason, Jr.

maris277
9/12/2013

"Buying a car here was smooth and painless. The absolute..."

Buying a car here was smooth and painless. The absolute pressure free experience was a relief. Dave was also very prompt with email responses. Also, there were some knicks and a bump on the bumpers but they took care of that and the car was mint went I went to pick it up. I was very happy and would recommend this dealership to anyone!

Dave Mason JR.

dlab2582
8/06/2013

"This was my first experience buying a car from North Bay..."

This was my first experience buying a car from North Bay Imports. I found the staff to be very responsive and thoughtful in their responses. Dave and Mark were very attentive and detail oriented. The day I picked up the vehicle Mark took all the time I needed inside the car and explained all the features of the car. I would do business with them again and would recommend purchasing a car from North Bay.

Dave Mason Jr & Mark Koblanski

pw3484
7/11/2013

"I was looking to purchase a Volkswagen Touareg 2013 Lux..."

I was looking to purchase a Volkswagen Touareg 2013 Lux and North Bay Imports had a decent price listed on cars.com for a used model with only 7k miles. It was only 1.5 hours away from my house as well so that was another benefit. They are a smaller dealership with some nice used luxury vehicles. Let me start with the positives first 1) No haggle price (no negotiation), sales associates are not pushy and they give you time to look at a vehicle 2) Buying process was fairly simple (I was paying cash and did not have to go through financing) 3) Sales associated answered any questions that I had 4) Saw the vehicle on Saturday as was able to pick it up on Monday afternoon 5) Papers & titled were mailed quickly and received them in a week Now on to the issues which made the whole buying experience unsatisfactory… 1) The sales associate Dave Mason Jr. was unavailable when I had scheduled to pick the vehicle up (I don't mind this so much as I understand people have issues that unexpectedly arise). Another sales associate named Mark helped me with the transaction. 2) Before handing the check over, we asked to inspect the vehicle. Now one positive, the exterior of the car was beautifully detailed. However, the interior was not cleaned. The leather seats were not conditioned, rugs/trunk were not vacuumed, and the dashboard was not wiped down. The only thing done to the interior was the rubber floor mats were cleaned. On a $40k cash paid vehicle, in my opinion this is unacceptable. Because the car is fairly new, cleaning the interior of the vehicle would not have been that much work. 3) When inspecting the vehicle, I noticed there was no gas put into the vehicle. I mentioned this to Mark and his exact words to me were "Oh, I'll take care of that for you". So when he went to the gas station to fill the car, I noticed he only put $20 worth of gas inside. Seriously...if that's what he means by taking care of it, I wonder what else was “taken care of”. At this point, I could have denied delivery of the vehicle, demanded the vehicle be cleaned inside and filled with gas. If they needed more time to clean the inside of the vehicle, then they should not have told me it was ready for delivery on Monday. However, I drove 1.5 hours to pick the vehicle up and I was willing to overlook these issues so I could drive the car home and not waste any more time at the dealership. I took delivery of the car and went to the gas station next to the dealership and put another $80 worth of gas into the tank. Here is the biggest issue I have with this dealership… customer care and satisfaction really don’t mean much to them. Instead of taking care of a customer, all they really care about is their bottom dollar. 4) I called and complained to Dave asking him if every $40k vehicle they sell comes with only $20 worth of gas inside. He told me that if he was there when I picked the car up, he would have taken care of it. If he really wanted to take care of it for me, he would have told me to send a copy of the receipt I filled with gas (which I kept), and then he would send me a check to reimburse my cost. Of course, no such offer was made. **5**) I took delivery of the vehicle on Monday. Two days later on Wednesday, I looked through cars.com and found that North Bay Imports had an almost exactly similar vehicle I just purchased with 2,500 miles less than mine for the same price. I thought to myself, not a big deal, I’ll call North Bay Imports and have them trade my vehicle for the same price I purchased it. I could even understand if they wanted to charge me around $500 for the hassle of filing paperwork. It’s not like I had the car for a couple months or weeks. It was only two days. I haven’t even registered it yet. Surely taking care of the customer and making sure they were satisfied meant something to them. Wow was I completely wrong. After calling on Friday (7/5/13) about a possible exchange, I received a call back on Monday (7/8) telling me that in order to exchange the vehicle, it would cost me an extra $2,500!!! Literally a dollar per every mile less on the other vehicle. At this point I didn’t want to deal with this dealership anymore so I just went ahead and registered the vehicle I had already taken delivery of. Because of this experience, I will go out of my way to make sure everyone I know and anyone reading this review spends their hard earned money at a dealership that cares about their customers. Do not be fooled by their slightly cheaper prices. Spend the extra $1-2k and go to a dealership that takes care of their customers. If you still happen to go to this dealership, I would not under any circumstance buy a vehicle that is out of warranty and before buying make sure you negotiate a full tank of gas and have the interior & exterior of the car fully cleaned and detailed (ridiculous that you need to negotiate these details). Hope my experience at this dealership helps someone out there.

Dave Mason / Mark

cvarner1
6/11/2013

"I purchased a used 2010 Audi S6 from North Bay Imports..."

I purchased a used 2010 Audi S6 from North Bay Imports after researching cars for sale online for several weeks. After talking to Dave Mason Jr one the phone, I drove 1.5 hours to the dealership to test drive the car. The car was just as advertised online. As part of the negotiation of the sale, Dave agreed to install new tires ($1300), supply an iPod interface cable, condition the leather interior, and refinish two of the wheels which were peeling from a prior poor refinishing job at no additional cost. Was the process as easy as driving 10 minutes to my local Audi dealer and buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Audi? No, but I saved around $8000 by doing my homework and taking the time to make sure the car was in the condition as advertised online. Dave made the purchase painless, and he was very easy to deal with, both in person and via email and phone. I would definitely buy another car from Dave Mason Jr. at North Bay Imports.

Dave Mason Jr.

connecticut12
11/25/2012

"I am very pleased with my recent purchase of a 2012 VW..."

I am very pleased with my recent purchase of a 2012 VW Routan from David Mason Jr. at North Bay Imports. The complete purchase transaction was done online, by phone, and solely based on trust as I reside out of State. Taking delivery of my vehicle was a real pleasure, everything David offered was met as stated, all the paperwork was ready and in order, and Mark provided excellent service. I highly recommend anyone to do business with David and Mark based on my recent purchase experience.

David Mason Jr. and Mark

BadB8A4
6/15/2012

"Overall bad experience. Car is in bad shape. Service..."

Overall bad experience. Car is in bad shape. Service issues. Mark will tell you anything to get a sale. If they have to fix a car it will be done as cheaply as possible.

Mark

Dan-231
3/22/2012

"I bought my Audi TT from North Bay. Initially everything..."

I bought my Audi TT from North Bay. Initially everything went well....then I started to feel a vibration in the rear of the car. The car had 12,600 miles on it...I only put 4,770 on the car at this point. When I brought it in they said that one of the rear tires had "slipped a belt". The tire was worn on the inside edge almost down to the steel belt. The tires were Pirelli Run-Flats. They said that I must have hit a pot-hole or something...which I had not. Then they said that the tires have no warranty on them....less than 13,000 miles on them. But that they could get me a good deal from Tire Rack.com as they are a Tire Rack reseller. I took the car to a real tire dealer and they laughed at North Bays B.S. excuse. First of all the rear-end was WAY out of line....which obviously wore the tire down...but of course North Bay never checked that...they just blamed me and the tire. Once the "real" tire dealer aligned it...and yes, I bought 4 new tires....but not only was the vibration gone but the car handled like a dream...and the gas milegae went way up. I tried to get a hold of Dave Mason....left him messages and e-mails as I wanted an explaination and as I told him...I'm not happy with the situation at all. He never bothered to respond. They may seem nice at first...but like your average politician...they'll smile and promise to take care of you...until you make the purchase and you need them to back their promises....then they forget all about you.

Dave Mason

North Bay Imports Inc responded to this review

April 02, 2012

If you car was fine for the first 4700 miles, then obviously something happened from the time you picked up the car to the time you started having issues. Anyone in New England knows how bad the roads are and hitting a pothole could throw the back end out of alignment. If the back end was WAY out of alignment before you picked it up, it would not take 4700 miles to wear the inside edge down to the steel belt. It would have happened a lot sooner. And when we sell a car, we go through the entire car piror to delivery and if a tire had been worn down we would have figured out why and replaced it. We do not shortcut anything. I'm not sure how you tried to contact me since this is the first I am hearing of this. But I guess when you sell over 10,000 cars the the past 8 years, someone is bound to be unhappy.

foundryworkers
2/20/2012

"I went in to North Bay after driving an 1.5 hrs and the..."

I went in to North Bay after driving an 1.5 hrs and the guy behind the desk was the rudest salesperson I've ever dealt with. I will never return to this dealer and will never recommend them! In fact the experience was so poor I will go out of my way to spread the message of the poor customer service I experienced! John

?