North Shore Honda

611 Glen Cove Rd,
Glen Head, New York 11545
North Shore Honda Info
About North Shore Honda

EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE at NORTH SHORE HONDA. We are family owned and operated for over 30 years and it shows. Our values and way of doing business haven't changed. We are and always have been about giving our customers something that those other big mega dealerships don't, a fair, honest and easy car buying experience. With a sincere and genuine desire to make our customers happy, no matter what it takes, from Sales to Service. Just read the reviews for yourself!

About North Shore Honda

Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Sunday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Sunday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

npg
5/26/2015

"New Car Lease"

My husband & I started looking for a car months back. We made inquiries through North Shore Honda's website & received a call from Jay. He was very patient with us, since we weren't sure when we would be ready to purchase or lease, we hadn't even decided if we wanted to look at new or pre-owned cars. Several calls later, we finally stopped in & Jay was able to give us a great deal on a lease for a new Pilot, We had a car to trade in & the dealership was very flexible with what they could offer us...Everyone we worked with today was friendly, courteous, & best of all we didn't feel any pressure at any time. We are very happy & had a great experience there. Jay was very knowledgeable, offered great advice on leasing, & was up front & professional until the moment we drove off the lot with our new car! My father was a customer of North Shore Honda for at least 25 years, always happy here...we plan on continuing for the next 25. Very satisfied.

kate
5/20/2015

"great sales team, preowned cars that are reliable."

If you are searching for a reliable pre-owned car, this place will be it. They put extra care and money before they put out their cars on market. Sales team are very helpful and kind. Finance, Karl is excellent. Sales team who were Peter, Jad Hawat, and Matt are so sweet and very helpful for me to make a great decision. Don't get confused by cheaper priced cars that you find from internet because you may end up spending more money to fix the problem in a few years. I want to mention special thank you to "Jad Hawat" Such a sweet and kind and professional. He will help from A to Z to make your shopping easy and content.

Jad Hawat

PJK
5/17/2015

"Consistent and Fair"

Our recent purchase of a used Honda Civic was smooth and easy. We have been dealing with North Shore Honda for 5 years and our experience has always been good. Harold sold us our most recent new car (aCRV,)we deal with Henry in Service twice a year, and our most recent experience with Matt Adler and Jad the sales rep was typically solid. I am not a bells and whistles type of car owner- I want a car that will run forever and give me minimal problems. I felt our loyalty to this dealer was acknowledged and rewarded, and the experience was about as headache free as I could have asked for. Karl in finance was helpful too. I would recommend North Shore particularly if you like Honda cars and you don't like wasting time or money.

JM
5/11/2015

"Changed the deal after a deposit was put down in good faith"

The experience I witnessed at North Shore Honda was truly disgraceful if not criminal. Going in we knew that the Internet price for the car was based on taking financing. Since we wanted to pay cash, we had a suspicion it would be more but to our surprise $1200 more than the listed Internet price. With a firm number that we could afford we went back and forth for over 3 hours trying to reach a deal. All they kept saying was "they wanted us to leave with this car"—yeah right. During that process, another car was shown to us. Because it was just arrived we could not test drive it or even get in it and there was a mileage discrepancy of 20k as compared to the carfax. OK maybe an honest mistake. So, we finally reached a deal on the car we came in for and while it took 3 hours, we felt good. A deposit was put down on the car in good faith and they ran a credit check. Well time ran out on us, it was Saturday night @ 6 pm and the dealership was closing. We got credit that was acceptable @ 4.9% and all that had to happen was to provide insurance (which we did) register the car with the DMV and sign the final papers. We were told because of how late it was the dealership was automatically signed out of the DMV so they could not register the car. So on Monday before the contract was signed and executed the agreed upon deal, Karl @ North Shore Honda emailed to inform us—"We got the insurance, but because the approval is "new credit" with low APR my boss will not let the car go out without the warranty. $4000 down 3.99% rate 199/month with 7 year Honda Care. I apologize if this doesn't work for you." A $300 deposit paid for the deal we had on Saturday, which I would think, they would honor! Now what they wanted was an additional $2,200 plus sales tax after the fact...unbelievable. North Shore Honda is forcing us to purchase something not wanted to make this deal happen. Since this was unacceptable, the deal was canceled and the $300 was to be returned. Well, after waiting for some time and no check a stop was put on the deposit @ a cost of $35. Insult to injury. I hope this keeps unsuspecting people from going to Honda North Shore and facing the same despicable practices.

blizzman129
5/02/2015

" Excellent service and knowledge"

Phil Harvey is a great sales manager , he made this purchase so quick and easy .I would highly recommend anyone to him and this dealership.

toms49merc
4/27/2015

"NS WAS THE BEST OF 4 HONDA DEALERS I WENT TO!"

I leased a car from Phil Harvey 3 years ago and I wouldn't go to any other person for my next new car. He is the most informative and trustworthy sales person I have dealt with. He just put me into my second CRV and I couldn't be more pleased. North Shore is a first rate and professional dealership. My new Basque Red CRV was prepped and shined to perfection when I picked it up on Saturday 4/25. Not a single fingerprint or smudge on the entire car, what a pleasure! All the new features were explained to my wife and I, we left feeling very happy about the whole experience. HAROLD WAGNER WAS GREAT TOO!! He couldn't do enough to please us...another trustworthy and nice guy! THANKS NORTH SHORE!!

sm213
4/16/2015

"Satisfied, but finance dept. needs "fine tuning""

We got a nice car at a fair price. Jay and Matt were a pleasure to work with and did what they could to accommodate our needs. We would certainly recommend them! However, we had a few issues with the Finance Dept. There were omissions on the specific details, which should've been clearly reviewed with us. The total cost of the car ended up being $1,700.00 more than what we thought was the "bottom line". The purchasing part of the experience was negative and stressful. Finance should be more upfront with the customers when it comes to additional expenses. I would've rated the dealership higher, but the Finance Dept. really disappointed us.

Richard W.
4/12/2015

"They are dishonest. "

I never right reviews, but I am really quite unhappy. I have leased 2 cars from NS Honda in the last 18 months. Both had "free" 2 year scheduled maintenance. Except when I went for the "free" maintenance I has hit with a bill for $379, they said yes "free 2 year maintenance oil changes". What is that? I never heard of that, straining the meaning of the English language past the point of sleazy used car salesmanship. I do not care about having to pay for things, this is America after all, but I hate being lied to, and this qualifies. WhenI leased from Hillside Honda they told me there were free oil changes, like NS Honda should have done. Please take your business to Manhassett Honda my friends have MUCH better experiences there. Thank you.

Service Dept.

jharslp
4/03/2015

"Best Honda dealer on LI"

This was our second time back at North Shore Honda. We leased a Honda Pilot back in 2009 and decided to buy it at the end of the lease. Now we went back to see what kind of deal we could get. Well our original salesman John Schroeder and Eddie Haas the finance guy were still there and worked out a deal no one could pass. Long story short we turned in our old 2009 pilot and drove away with a new 2015 pilot. No pressure and they were not pushy like most salespeople. I would highly recommend this dealership!

vv
4/01/2015

"the price quoted on Autotrader was extremely misleading"

they quoted the price of $21000 for a vehicle I was interested in. I was willing to drive for 3 hours to get this car. I asked about nearest bank so that I could complete the purchase after the trade-in value was established. Then they tell me that this price will stand only if I finance with them, which I wasn't interested in. It turns out that if one finances with them they get an additional $1200 fee from the bank As I started fuming, they disclosed that there are other charges not listed on Autotrader. There was another $995 charge listed as down payment. So the $21,000 quoted on Autotrader was actually not a price at all, unless they say, you go to there website and read the fine print. The only good thing I can say, is that I didn't have to drive for 3 hours

sales manager