Papa's Dodge Chrysler Jeep

585 E Main Street,
New Britain, Connecticut 06051
Papa's Dodge Chrysler Jeep Info
About Papa's Dodge Chrysler Jeep

Hi and thank you for taking a moment to learn more about us. Papa's is proud of what you will see here. For 68 years it has not been just about selling and servicing vehicles, it has been about being a trusted neighbor. We have sold over 125,000 vehicles in our 68 years. We love to hear good things from our customers. We also love to hear when we do not live up to expectations as it gives us the chance to get even better. As we like to say, we are not perfect, just better than the other guys. There is a reason we have more then 400 positive reviews here on DealerRater and another 500 on other websites. At Papa's, our people make the difference, our prices make the deals.

About Papa's Dodge Chrysler Jeep Learn More

• 30 Minute Oil Changes w/No Appointment
2015 Rubicon
5/21/2015

"A painless experience!"

We walked in on a whim to check out the 2015 Jeep Wranglers and Zaneta greeted us and was really helpful. Once we decided on exactly what we wanted, we ordered a Rubicon with Zaneta. She was able to get us the price we wanted to pay for the vehicle and she was very thorough with the available options, therefore, we didn't feel the need to visit any other dealerships. She kept in contact with me throughout the process, updating me on the status of the vehicle as it was being built. She even called me on her day off to let me know our Jeep arrived at the dealership. Zaneta is very personable and treats you like a friend. She truly loves her customers and it shows!

Happy Wrangler Owner
5/20/2015

"Honest & knowledgeable"

I had never bought a new car before and was actually driving the same car I got in high school 15 years ago!! I was surfing the web one day and happened to hop on Jeep.com out of the blue. I built a new Wrangler Unlimited Willys and the resulting payment made me feel like it was something I should entertain. I knew the price on-line was not necessarily the price I would actually get once I walked in the dealership but I didn't think it would be too different. I walked into another major Jeep dealer in the state that was by my place of employment. I was upfront with what I had seen on-line and what I was interested in doing. Right away it was what else I should be looking at. Once we overcame that and sat down to talk about what I actually wanted I was shocked! The monthly payment was nearly double!! When I explained that I didn't understand how it could be soo off I was given reason after reason as to why it was higher. All of the "reasons" didn't make sense. As the days and communication went on the price came down...and down which obviously doesn't sit well. If you start @ 10 and end up @ 5 then you are obviously not doing right by me to begin with. And I totally understand the need for them to make a buck as well but there is a right way to do business and a wrong way to do business. Eventually I received an e-mail that the sales rep had spoken to the manager and that they could do XYZ. The resulting payment was still way more than I wanted but they had somewhat conditioned me to think that this is just how it is. I went in on a Saturday and was set on doing their deal. I was to talk it over with my wife and return the following Monday with my deposit in order to have the car built. Later that Saturday my wife said that the price worked but lets see what Papa's can do. So we take a ride over to Papa's and ended up working with John Evans. He was like no other car salesman I had ever dealt with. There was no hidden agenda and it was truly like he was just there to get me what I wanted. I laid out exactly the same thing I had at the original dealership. He didn't suggest another car and instead got on their dealer version of Jeep.com and built the car. Not only that but he provided insight as to how this really works. Something as simple as not going with a manual transmission to save money, as I had thought, because at the end of the day the price difference is minimal. And he actually knew why!! It all made sense. He also knew that I was eligible for an incentive that the other rep had no idea about apparently. And he was the one who brought it up as I thought I didn't qualify for any. The cloak of dealership secrecy was NON-EXISTENT!! Go figure. I actually added more options than I had done originally and the price was less than $10.00 more than what was on-line for the same configuration. Which meant their price was actually lower than Jeep.com because the resulting monthly payment was with tax, title and registration. At that point I didn't need to hear anything else and didn't even haggle because I truly felt as though I was getting the best deal possible. Have you ever heard that before about a car-buying experience?? I hadn't...ever. I did the deal and the rest well is in my driveway. And it took 31 days which is what John had though and not the 9-12 weeks that the other rep had quoted me. He had said they have to quote that but that it was probably more like 8 weeks. How a best-case 8 week scenario is 8 times longer than what John had said is beyond me but that just speaks again to where the knowledge-base was at with John and Papa's when compared to another dealership. So how the price can go from double the manufacturer's website to less is certainly a mystery to me but what should no longer be a mystery is where to go for your new or used Jeep. The answer is Papa's. I don't want to forget Ed Koziol either. He handled the signing @ pick-up and it was just an extension of the sales experience. Personal and friendly. We talked family and sports and easily the best Redskins fan I have ever met... Thanks yet again John!!!!! I look forward to driving my second Jeep for another 15 years+ PS He even took the pick up serious with a ridiculously thorough walk through on the car. Start to finish absolutely the best!

2015JeepWranglerSahara
5/20/2015

"Experienced, Honest Sales and Finance Staff"

Evan was our sales person and was always professional and responsive to any inquiries. He is very knowledgeable and honest about discount programs, rebates and incentives as well as vehicle options and features and takes his time explaining everything without any pressure to purchase. Once we decided to make a purchase Evan wrote everything up and handed us off the Ed, the finance manager. We found Ed to be up front and honest about financing the vehicle. He worked hard to find us financing at a great rate! The entire purchasing process was fast and efficient. I would definitely recommend Papa's to my friends and family.

gail222
5/19/2015

"What a positive and effortless experience !!!"

I have dealt with Papa's for over 8 Yrs. Bought my first Jeep Liberty in 2008. With the help of Gary Tufano my boyfriend bought his 2014 Jeep Grande Cherokee last year and I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Patriot this week with Gary. The process was effortless thanks to Gary!!! I would recommend this dealership along with Gary T. to anyone looking to purchase a new vehicle.

Leah
5/18/2015

"Straight-forward, helpful, no hassles"

Very easy car buying experience. They were honest about the deal, what was available, our options. Worked hard to get us the best financing. Answered all of our concerns. The buying experience went smoothly and we love the new car!

JCat
5/17/2015

"Easiest car buying experience ever"

Went into Papas knowing exactly what I wanted and that's what I got. Gary C took me through the process like a pro. Ordered my Jeep Wrangler Willys and 6 weeks later I was in my. While. Again, easy, seamless and professional. Thanks Jim Caturano

Sergiolongo
5/04/2015

"Purchased a 2015 Durango"

Very nice dealership very friendly salesperson very happy with the new carI would recommend someone to buy a car from the dealership hoping that the service will be just as good thanks

Ryan-CT
5/04/2015

"2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited"

I purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from Evan Monikowski last week and was blown away by the efficiency and speed of service. Evan answered all my questions and took time to make sure that I was very comfortable with the use of all of my new Jeep's features. I cannot say enough good things about the service and care I received from Evan and Papa's. I would recommend them to anyone in the market for a new vehicle.

EmmaL
4/24/2015

"Chevy Equinox"

Evan M. was so helpful and patient! He was more than willing to work with me on everything I wanted. He didn't push me into anything I didn't want. He got things fixed quickly and when I came in to purchase the car, he got it done within an hour. Throughout the whole process he was friendly, easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and efficient. I am very impressed with how smoothly everything went and how friendly everyone was. From the first I test drove the car to the time I drove away in it as the owner was one week! I would definitely recommend this dealer and Evan M.

Rudy
4/24/2015

"Best experience"

This purchase of a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit was the best possible experience of my 75-year old life. EvanMonikowski went the extra mile to make sure that I was happy and I would rate him an 11. Finance Manager EdKoziol also made the purchase arrangements an easy experience. The dealership was clean and easily accessible right next to Rte 9. I would definitely endorse Papa's Dodge to my friends. Thank you, Mr Dom Papa

Reviews of Evan Monikowski