Paul Miller Volkswagen of Bernardsville

Paul Miller Volkswagen of Bernardsville

Paul Miller Volkswagen of Bernardsville Info

rpz803ss
12/20/2014

"Right car to buy, Wrong place to buy it"

Purchased used 2008 Passat from Paul Miller VW. I planned on going to DMV to title & register the car. I was told by Craig Dotoli, manager, to register the car at the dealership is the same as if you were to go to DMV. My sales rep Jeff Brandon, nice guy, said the dealership had the title, so I didn't think twice. This car is a gift for a friend who had suffered a brain aneurysm back in 2013, was in the hospital and rehab for 8 months, lost his car and if it weren't for some close friends, he would have lost his house as well. The car cost $7300. The paperwork presented read $7306, (no big deal) car was paid in full. I was then charge an additional $299 to prepare the documents and an additional $25.00 because when P.M. took possession of the car, title wasn't put in dealerships name. Now, Craig is telling me that the car's title will take up to 1 month to get.. This car was a Christmas gift, Craig was aware of that & the story I just explained. I could have had the car's title if I would have went to DMV in the first place. Instead, I was charged an extra $329. I called him out on this, and that I needed the title much sooner then that, Craig promised he will get back to me. I left three messages since then, he hasn't returned any of my calls. It would have been nice to present this car with the title in hand to a friend who it took nearly two years to get his life back. Craig clearly knew what he was doing, and has done this before.. Just look at the reviews."Missing Title - Poor Response "&"If you like a runaround this is the place for you" .. Bad way to do business.

Craig Dotoli, Jeff Brandon

megmul21
12/16/2014

"Made Buying My First Car Easy"

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Domingo. They made buying my first car a fast and easy experience. And I absolutely love my new Jetta.

Domingo Iglesias

PRVW
11/29/2014

"Missing Title - Poor Response "

Bought two VW's in one month from Paul Miller VW, it's been over a month and we are still waiting for our registration of one of the vehicles since they don't have the title as of yet. Is the dealership suppose to have a "title" prior to selling it to the consumer?? I think so! No one seems to care, though they want to move units and charge you $299 for paperwork handling...Poor follow up, promises, promises and promises....and we are still waiting for this title. Ever since Paul Miller took over from Bernardsville VW the experience has gone down hill.

Gil Alvarado

bill k 1941
11/26/2014

"a great experience"

We have purchase three vws from this dealership and we have alwys had high regard the way we were treated. Michael was great to deal with. He treated us as family and was very professional.

MICHAEL SCLAFANI

bachana33
11/26/2014

"Great Experience"

I leased a Passat 2015 1.8T over the weekend and the overall experience and service were awesome. Domingo I. was courteous and patient with my doubts and second-thoughts and allowed me the time and space needed to come to the decision. I traded my old Passat very reasonable price. Awesome experience and the dealership is highly recommended.

Domingo Iglesias

rdamster
11/25/2014

"I'm done with Paul Miller VW"

I'm going to move to a different dealer. Ever since Paul Miller took over from Bernardsville VW the experience has gone down hill. Now they charge a Misc Fee for each service on top of their normal service charges.

Tom

Gregory Gilmore
11/21/2014

"Consummate professionals with the utmost integrity"

Jeff Brandon and Craig Dotoli made our car leasing experience a pleasure! They were both consummate professionals who took the time to address all of our questions and concerns. Most importantly, unlike with some other dealers we visited, Paul Miller VW stood by the details and terms set forth in its ad.

Jeff Brandon, Craig Dotoli

Stan Stoler
11/01/2014

"If you like a runaround this is the place for you"

I've had to edit my comments at the risk of being too long-winded. The Readers' Digest version is this: after deciding to purchase my VW on behalf of a family member at lease end I was told by VW to deal directly with the dealer to streamline the process. Of course, there's also a profit for the dealer but I'm alright with that if they make the process easier. Dealing with the finance manager at this dealership -Craig Dotoli- turned out to be an exasperating experience. The requested sum of money was paid to the dealer, including all motor vehicle and registration fees for the out-of-state transaction. By the way, this final sum was several hundred dollars higher than the initial quoted price and was not really satisfactorily explained; yet, I wanted to complete the transaction and wanted to trust the integrity of the dealer. (You can stop laughing now!) In summary here 's what happened: a) the car couldn't be driven for ten days after the temporary plate expired because the dealer didn't realize they had already received the necessary paperwork from VW and that it was just sitting on someones' desk in the interim; b) calls to Craig Dotoli during this period resulted in not a single callback; only persistent calling got me through and his explanation was "we haven't received the paperwork yet"; c) the registration fee had not been paid to the state even though this fee was specifically paid for with my check. Item "a" is excusable as a normal screw-up that could happen anywhere. But the persistent lack of communication from the finance manager was intentional. He's one of those people who uses voicemail as a "do-not-disturb" sign. Worst of all, the registration fee that the dealer collected from me was not paid to the motor vehicle bureau. No explanation has been forthcoming. This is a nice, clean-looking dealership but I was treated very shabbily by their finance manager who, with his profit in hand, just wanted me to disappear. Caveat emptor!

Craig Dotoli

jana02
10/10/2014

"Amazing Service"

Domingo Iglesias and Craig Dotoli were amazing! I was in an accident with my 2012 Passat and on Tuesday was told by insurance it was a total loss. I was completely without a car. I went straight to Bernardsville and Domingo and Craig were on the situation straight away. I was even able to pick up the car that day. Domingo even followed me to drop off my rental and bring me back to the dealership. What a class act. Thanks for all your help and making an incredibly stressful situation bearable.

Domingo Iglesias, Craig Dotoli

sovermetal
10/04/2014

"Painless"

Well satisfied with the painless experience of leasing a Jetta from Bill Gaffney at Paul Miller. No pressure, friendly and well informed. Took about 1.5 hours including test drive and picked up car following day.

Bill Gafffney