Performance Honda

Richard Benaidrene

Roger  Hahn, Sales, Performance Honda

Roger Hahn

November 03, 2016

"Horrifying encounter with Performance Honda!!!"

- Conscious

In June 2014, my 2004 Accord developed the following issues: 1) check engine light and 2) sometimes the engine won’t stop after the key turned to off position. So I called Performance Honda and told the service department my problem. I was told to bring the car in and they can fix it. So I drove the car to Performance Honda and expecting the issues to be taken care soon. On 7/13/15, I went to Performance Honda to pick up the car after being told it has been fixed. I paid my bill, $558.79, and drove away. However, before I got home, the check engine light came on, so I turned back to the dealer and was told to leave the car there. On 7/16/15, I went to Performance Honda again to pick up the car after being told it has been fixed the second time. I paid my bill, $363.36, and drove away. On my way home, it happened again. The check engine light came on. Instead of turning back to the dealer directly, I stopped at a parking lot to see if the turn-off issue was resolved. To my surprise, the engine would not stop after I turn the key to the “off” position. At this point, I realized that nothing has been fixed after I paid them almost $1,000. The third time to pick up the car was on 8/29/15. Again, after I being told it has been fixed, I can stop by and pick it up. After being told twice that the car was fixed, it actually had not been fixed. So I decided to check it out before I take it. I asked the billing clerk to take a look the car before I pay it. She brought out a manager, Josh. Josh told me that I would not be allowed to see the car until I pay the bill, $1,396.41. Out of options, I told him that I will pay the bill now, but if the car is not fixed, I want to make sure the payment will be refunded. He agreed. So I paid $1,396.41, and he brought the car out. I opened the door and saw some parts lying on the floor. I asked him about the parts, he cannot tell me why they are on the floor. Meanwhile, He asked me to unlock the passage side door, so he can get in. Then I realized that the electronic door lock is not working. After all these issues, he agreed to refund the payment and I will have to leave the car there the third time. Please notice that this time I did not even drive the car, not even attempt to start it. Here is what happens in between the second and third attempt to take the car home. First, I was told that the on-board computer, ECU, may be the issue. I should have it replaced. Considering the age of the car, I was told to get a used one. I searched online and bought one. After that being replaced, the issue was unresolved. Then I was told it could be the fuse box, see if you can found a used one. Again I searched online and bought a fuse box, after that was replaced, the issue was still unresolved. The third time I was told, it must be the wiring, can you get some wires? They give me the parts #s and again I bought the wires online, some used, some new. After all the wires being installed, they called and told me that the car has been fixed. Now you know what happened on 8/29/2016. Please be aware that I paid the ECU, fuse box and all the wires out of my pocket: they totaled close to $1,000. Couple weeks after the third time the car has not be fixed, the dealer called me again with good news: the car has been fixed and I can stop by and pick it up. So I made the trip to the dealer. This time they did gave me the key, so I can test drive it. It is this time I first noticed the following: 1) there are still Honda parts lying on the front seat and the floor, 2) when I opened the glove compartment, it fell on the floor, clearly, the mechanism has been broken, 3) the driver side leather trim is full of oily finger prints, and 4) most noticeably that the steering wheel is out of alignment, so the car leans to the right, when you hold the wheel straight. This is the first time that I ever had this issue on this car or any car I ever had. So, I took the car back and left at the dealer. Few days later, I was called again with the same story: that the car is fixed and I need to pick it up. This time I asked a master mechanic to go with me, but Dan, the Service Manager, volunteered to seat with me for a test drive. I should him how bad the steering was and we switch place and he drove the car. Clearly the issue has not been resolved, so I left the car at Performance Honda. This happened two more times. He started to tell me who knows what happened to it and eve has the guts to question me the condition of the car when I brought it to the shop. It is worth noting that after the first two attempts to pick up the car, every time when the dealer called me to pick it up, I always tell them to make sure the car has been tested and issue has been resolved. You guessed, they will tell me, yes, we tested, no problem. After the last time I tested the car, the issue has not been resolved, Dan started to threaten me that if I do not pick it up soon, he will fill a lost title claim and take over the car. This time, I called the General Manager, Matt and only found out that he is with his service manager and they will file lost title and take over car.

August 19, 2016

"Performance Honda"

- Christina1717

My husband and I turned in our leased Civic. We had some billing issues and spoke with Dave Berning who resolved them immediately. Appreciated the help and would recommend to a friend!

July 15, 2016

"New car at a great deal"

- BrianC

I was in the market to buy a new Honda and Conrad helped me to make a decision to buy a new Honda Accord. He was very knowledgeable about the different makes and models, and was willing to schedule around the times I had available. If I ever have to buy another car, I'm going to seek out Conrad.

2016 Honda Civic