Performance Honda

Richard Benaidrene

April 29, 2017

"Unprofessional Salesman"

- LalaTina11

I was recommended to Honda by a friend several weeks ago. I was greeted immediately and felt welcomed. The salesman I dealt with was Shane. He seemed very informative but a little pushy. I told him what I was looking by he seemed disinterested. Things began to take a turn when he became very flirtatious and to personal. If this is his sales tactic, then he needs to understand this is very unprofessional. I felt uncomfortable and decided it was best to leave. I was disappointed and felt if I had a professional salesman I would have stayed.

January 09, 2017

"Did NOT meet expectations"

- Honda2016

I am a newer Honda owner and have only been to this location on 2 other occasions. I was not impressed with their customer service on those occasions, but was able to eventually get humane responses from those that checked me out. But today was a different story. I read another review that is seems like everyone here hates their job, and that is a completely accurate assessment of my experience. When I pulled into the garage, I got out and the gentleman at the desk, without even looking up at me, mumbled- "someone will help you in a few minutes." He eventually left, while I was left just standing there. Fast forward, and a woman working in an adjoining office yelled out "someone can help you over there." There were multiple people standing around, and when I asked who, she gave an annoyed response. Eventually a man named Cory helped us and he was very friendly. I told him of my frustrations. When my car was ready, he explained they had washed my car and that it was ready. I joked that maybe a free car wash would get me to come back. Unfortunately, it won't. When it was time to pay, he told me I needed to go inside and pay. There are several desks/computers around the garage, and there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. Because of my confusion as to where to go, he walked me to the cashier. She was so completely lacking in kindness, and very condescending in her responses. After paying, I walked out to my van only to find it completely surrounded by other vehicles. There were many technicians around, and NO ONE offered to help. So, I waited several minutes until one of the cars moved, and then managed a 15 point turn to back myself out. I will not be back- even superstar Cory cannot override everyone elses lack of any customer service skills. My son also heard the same "grouchy" man that originally ignored me give another customer a rude response to a kind simple question, and he asked me why that man was so rude. I previously owned a GMC, and always went to the location on Gilmore in Fairfield for service. They have a customer friendly in/out, an easy to find check out, and even the stressed out cashiers were friendly. And anytime my vehicle needed to be moved to allow me a quick departure, they were on it. You could learn a LOT from them. The work spaces were clean, and the staff was friendly, efficient, and customer oriented.

November 03, 2016

"Horrifying encounter with Performance Honda!!!"

- Conscious

In June 2014, my 2004 Accord developed the following issues: 1) check engine light and 2) sometimes the engine won’t stop after the key turned to off position. So I called Performance Honda and told the service department my problem. I was told to bring the car in and they can fix it. So I drove the car to Performance Honda and expecting the issues to be taken care soon. On 7/13/15, I went to Performance Honda to pick up the car after being told it has been fixed. I paid my bill, $558.79, and drove away. However, before I got home, the check engine light came on, so I turned back to the dealer and was told to leave the car there. On 7/16/15, I went to Performance Honda again to pick up the car after being told it has been fixed the second time. I paid my bill, $363.36, and drove away. On my way home, it happened again. The check engine light came on. Instead of turning back to the dealer directly, I stopped at a parking lot to see if the turn-off issue was resolved. To my surprise, the engine would not stop after I turn the key to the “off” position. At this point, I realized that nothing has been fixed after I paid them almost $1,000. The third time to pick up the car was on 8/29/15. Again, after I being told it has been fixed, I can stop by and pick it up. After being told twice that the car was fixed, it actually had not been fixed. So I decided to check it out before I take it. I asked the billing clerk to take a look the car before I pay it. She brought out a manager, Josh. Josh told me that I would not be allowed to see the car until I pay the bill, $1,396.41. Out of options, I told him that I will pay the bill now, but if the car is not fixed, I want to make sure the payment will be refunded. He agreed. So I paid $1,396.41, and he brought the car out. I opened the door and saw some parts lying on the floor. I asked him about the parts, he cannot tell me why they are on the floor. Meanwhile, He asked me to unlock the passage side door, so he can get in. Then I realized that the electronic door lock is not working. After all these issues, he agreed to refund the payment and I will have to leave the car there the third time. Please notice that this time I did not even drive the car, not even attempt to start it. Here is what happens in between the second and third attempt to take the car home. First, I was told that the on-board computer, ECU, may be the issue. I should have it replaced. Considering the age of the car, I was told to get a used one. I searched online and bought one. After that being replaced, the issue was unresolved. Then I was told it could be the fuse box, see if you can found a used one. Again I searched online and bought a fuse box, after that was replaced, the issue was still unresolved. The third time I was told, it must be the wiring, can you get some wires? They give me the parts #s and again I bought the wires online, some used, some new. After all the wires being installed, they called and told me that the car has been fixed. Now you know what happened on 8/29/2016. Please be aware that I paid the ECU, fuse box and all the wires out of my pocket: they totaled close to $1,000. Couple weeks after the third time the car has not be fixed, the dealer called me again with good news: the car has been fixed and I can stop by and pick it up. So I made the trip to the dealer. This time they did gave me the key, so I can test drive it. It is this time I first noticed the following: 1) there are still Honda parts lying on the front seat and the floor, 2) when I opened the glove compartment, it fell on the floor, clearly, the mechanism has been broken, 3) the driver side leather trim is full of oily finger prints, and 4) most noticeably that the steering wheel is out of alignment, so the car leans to the right, when you hold the wheel straight. This is the first time that I ever had this issue on this car or any car I ever had. So, I took the car back and left at the dealer. Few days later, I was called again with the same story: that the car is fixed and I need to pick it up. This time I asked a master mechanic to go with me, but Dan, the Service Manager, volunteered to seat with me for a test drive. I should him how bad the steering was and we switch place and he drove the car. Clearly the issue has not been resolved, so I left the car at Performance Honda. This happened two more times. He started to tell me who knows what happened to it and eve has the guts to question me the condition of the car when I brought it to the shop. It is worth noting that after the first two attempts to pick up the car, every time when the dealer called me to pick it up, I always tell them to make sure the car has been tested and issue has been resolved. You guessed, they will tell me, yes, we tested, no problem. After the last time I tested the car, the issue has not been resolved, Dan started to threaten me that if I do not pick it up soon, he will fill a lost title claim and take over the car. This time, I called the General Manager, Matt and only found out that he is with his service manager and they will file lost title and take over car.

New 2017 Honda Civic, $23235