Planet Subaru

Steve Lewis Subaru

Subaru of Wakefield

pjs4skates
10/17/2014

"Best Car buying and BEST CAR on the PLANET ! "

I just got my second Forester form Planet ! Best Car buying experience and BEST CAR on the PLANET ! Seriously -I would never get anything but a Subaru and never get one from anyone else ! It's an hour drive for me -- But it's so worth it ! Friendly, honest and for the second time - Deb Brewster put me in the car of my dreams ! I couldn't be happier - If I won the lottery I'd never go anywhere else - or buy anything else! It's a DREAM MACHINE ... with all the bells and whistles - things I never dreamed of.... Drove in and out in my new Forester same day ! She even had the Color choice I wanted ! The HUGE Panoramic moon-roof and leather heated seats was my main preferred option - but It came with the back up camera, bluetooth option and 32 mpg...... I feel safe and oh so happy ! pjs

Deb Brewster and Nic

CJL420
9/13/2014

"Service Department did right by me"

These guys were very honest with me. I brought my 2003 Forester after being told by another dealer that my engine needed replacement. I realized right away that the other dealer was magnifying the problems and trying to scare me into buying a new (or used) car from them. Without telling them the assessment of the other dealer, I asked the Planet Subaru service center to check out the same concerns. Yes, they did charge me $100 just to look and diagnose these issues but, I found their assessment to be far more thorough and reasonable. During my most recent visit, I had a vibration issue I needed diagnosed as well as a leaking differential seal that I had repaired myself but, was convinced I had botched it. I told Matt right from the start that if the seal was in fact still leaking, to just replace it. Matt called back, four hours later, to tell me that the seal was not leaking and they had positively identified the issue causing the vibration problem. Again, this cost me $100. Matt seemed disappointed that I didn't give the go-ahead for them to complete an $850 brake job. My point is that like most, if not all, dealerships it was a pricey affair. However, a lot of dealerships would have told me the seal was leaking just to get the extra $200 out of me. On other occasions, where I was doing my own repairs, the parts department has helped me with small discounts on expensive parts. A few times a technician would even offer warnings or special instruction. When the situation calls for dealer service, I am happy to choose and recommend Planet Subaru

Matt

KateN
4/28/2014

"Customer-Focused, Actions Back Their "Undealership" Label"

First, it’s important to say that I was not asked or paid to write this review and everything that happened, is true and can be verified. I say this because, from what I see and hear, customer treatment like this is relatively rare at typical auto dealerships. I guess that is why Planet Subaru calls itself the “undealership.” They do business differently than most, and my husband (Joe Notini) and I experienced this first-hand. We bought a new 2014 Forester at Planet Subaru and within a few months had an issue with it that we felt was atypical of Subaru cars and needed to be addressed. Though the dealership advertised an “open door policy,” we wondered how far we would get asking to speak to the dealership’s owner, Jeff Morrill, on a late Friday afternoon and without an appointment. Surprisingly no one asked us why we wanted to talk to him or tried to pawn us off on someone else. Within minutes, Jeff appeared and listened patiently to our concerns. He promised to get back to us soon and he did, calling us the following Monday to offer a solution. We proposed an alternate resolution, anticipating a long drawn-out back and forth before the issue could be resolved. Surprisingly that didn’t happen. Although initially not 100% onboard with our proposal, Jeff strongly advocated for us and convinced Subaru to agree to do their part to solve this issue to our complete satisfaction…quickly, amicably and at no expense to us. In addition, Planet Subaru assumed all of the related costs that Subaru Corporate did not pick up. The dealership also devoted several hours of administrative time. In the process, and by remaining true to his “undealership” philosophies and business model, Jeff (and his Internet Sales Mgr. Deb and Business mgr. Dave) gained our gratitude, respect and loyalty.

Jeff Morrill, Deb Brewster, Dave Spellman

haydenmarley08
3/23/2014

"Before I even went to Planet Subaru to attempt to..."

Before I even went to Planet Subaru to attempt to purchase a car, I called to find out how much their interest rates were for a car loan. The person who answered my call spoke to me as if I was clueless, and was rudely questioning me before I could even finish my sentences. I still decided to try and purchase a car there anyway. Then I discovered that the car I was looking to get had without a doubt been hit in the back bumper. The whole back bumper wasn't lined up with trunk, paint was chipped underneath the tail light, and the paint was also spidering on the side of the bumper. The sales guy named David G. tried to prove to me that the car had never been in an accident by showing me a clean car fax. However, it is possible to hide things on a car fax report. Knowing that made things questionable so David then said "oh yeah, the car did come in with what looked to be a loose bumper so we re-attached it". Clearly that meant the bumper had been damaged, because otherwise a bumper shouldn't just fall off by itself unless Subaru makes some cheaply made vehicles. Even after all this, David said they still expected to receive over $22,000 for the car, despite the damage. Their rates are only negotiable within a few hundred dollars, which makes no sense if a cars damage is gonna be around $1,000 to fix. Then I would've had to pay myself to fix it since Planet Subaru's mechanics clearly can't do auto body work. I was very disappointed with the service I received, and ended up walking away from it all.

David G

Planet Subaru responded to this review

April 16, 2014

Sorry we didn't meet your expectations...we try really hard! Dave is one of our most beloved team members, with us since 2006. While not all of our used cars are cosmetically perfect, we will not offer them for sale unless we're very confident that they will give you many years of good value. You are correct that we were not able to reduce the price on that car by thousands to meet your budget. We can't always sell a car for the budget that a prospective customer has available. If there's anything we can do make amends, please call me directly at 781-826-4444. Thanks, Jeff Morrill, President.

hillis18
1/30/2014

"I had a wonderful experience at Planet Subaru. Was..."

I had a wonderful experience at Planet Subaru. Was interested in a particular used car; it was exactly what I hoped it would be and Planet Subaru made the transaction super quick. They were also very accommodating. Thanks to Jaime, Steve, and Dave for a great experience.

Jaime

EricHelmuth
12/30/2013

"The 50-minute drive to Planet from our Boston-area home..."

The 50-minute drive to Planet from our Boston-area home was well worth it to buy our new Forester. They stock more base models than most area dealers, so we saved money by not paying for add-ons we didn't want, and still got a car off the lot. Deb and the Internet sales team were a dream to work with. We negotiated a fair price for a specific vehicle entirely over email and phone, and the deal didn't change when we arrived to sign the paperwork. The no-pressure, transparent process continued in the Finance office where we encountered none of the squeeze tactics for add-ons and extended warranties so common in a typical dealership. Add to that Planet's remarkable commitment to environmental responsibility and staffing diversity, and it really is an "un-dealership as they call themselves on their website. We'd gladly buy here again.

Deb Brewster, Dave Spellman

NJRose
9/03/2013

"20 plus years at Planet Subaru. HONEST people, Friendly..."

20 plus years at Planet Subaru. HONEST people, Friendly people. The service is outstanding and I am very sad that due to a move to North Carolina I can no longer use their service department. I have recommended this dealership to family and friends. I had purchased subaru's at other dealerships in the Boston area and was horrified by how they attempted to take advantage of me. This has never happened at Planet Subaru. I have even asked Planet service about repair costs at dealerships in my new area and they have been very helpful. If you want a Subaru (and you do) this is the place you want to buy it.

Christie

BMC001
6/02/2013

"After reading the reviews of a few crossovers I decided..."

After reading the reviews of a few crossovers I decided on what I wanted. After recently dealing with a shady dealer, it was great dealing with Planet Subaru. I emailed Deb & she got right back to me with what they could offer me. They worked out the same deal as this other dealer without the pressure or lies that I got at the other dealer. When I went down to sign the papers & pick up my new car everything was exactly as they had quoted. Thank you Planet Subaru :)

Mostly Deb but also Bob & also David to complete the deal

dbrandeis
5/21/2013

"dealership sold me a volvo which had some issues and the..."

dealership sold me a volvo which had some issues and the dealership took ownership of the problem and solved it. I was pleased with stepping up and doing the right thing eventhough it is not a Subaru. That too me is a firm that gets not only sales but servicing the customer.

Deb Brewster

Tom924
3/29/2013

"My wife and I went to Planet Subaru in the market for a..."

My wife and I went to Planet Subaru in the market for a new car. It was the first new car we had ever bought, so we weren’t sure what to expect, but Planet Subaru did not disappoint! We worked with Bob, who was very friendly, knowledgeable and zero pressure. When we test drove cars, he would tell us about the car and point out some features, and then let us take the cars out alone. We landed on the 2013 Subaru Impreza because it’s fun to drive, 36 MPG and AWD. Unbeatable. Bob helped us select a package that would allow us to take delivery of the car as quickly as possible (this was important because I was starting a new job soon). When we went back to pick up the car, Bob gave us a thorough walk-through and pointed out the features – and he even set up my phone to connect to the car’s Bluetooth. We got a great financing deal and the dealership took care of everything – plates, registration, cancelling our old plates, and called the insurance company. They also let me leave my old car there to donate it to the Special Olympics. I didn’t have to lift a finger and I already got my tax receipt. I can’t say enough positive things about this dealership and the people we worked with there. My wife and I had such a good experience, we actually went back to Planet Subaru for a second Impreza a few months later!

Bob