Planet Subaru

Clay Subaru

Quirk Works Subaru

Gail and Bill
6/01/2016

"Great people and great service. "

We recently purchased our first Subaru, a Forester, and found that Planet Subaru lived up to its tag line-- "The Undealership." We've purchased many cars over the years, and this was the most pleasant experience we've ever had. We really liked working with Ryan Mak.

Ryan Mak

Jeff929
5/01/2016

"Looking For A Great Deal On A New Subaru?? Look Elsewhere!"

They call it "No Haggle" undealership! Give me a dealership who wants badly to sell vehicles any day of the week instead! They set prices both new and used OVER other respectable dealers in the area and say they are priced fairly. Says them!! People do your homework online and in person and you will see a real difference in pricing. Save money and your time and go elsewhere.

Deb

May 02, 2016

We really do want to sell cars! Our approach is to price our vehicles aggressively from the get-go, because we've found people are pretty savvy about comparing prices online and prefer not to spend hours in a dealership arguing with salespeople in a high-pressure environment. This approach has allowed us to become the biggest seller of used Subarus in the country, and one of the largest sellers of new Subarus in New England. It's not for everybody, but if we chose the more conventional style we wouldn't enjoy our jobs very much and we would lose a lot of the customers who want an alternative to being tackled as soon as they get out of their car! --Jeff Morrill, President

Stewy1985
1/31/2016

"The Un-dealership not for the reasons you'd expect"

I went to Planet Subaru because the Legacy I wanted was selling out in transit and this was the only dealership that had it. I filled out a request online and no one got back to me. So I filled out another one and talked to a woman named Deb who was nice. I made an appointment and Deb handed me off to a kid named Ryan. Thought it was odd, but whatever. Ryan was very nice and knowledgeable. They won't budge on price and undervalue your trade-in. I was ok with that because Subaru was offering a low incentive plan. So I drop a deposit and when I go to pick up my car, I have to deal with the haggling from finance. Even when I had a perfect credit score, the financial assistant gave me a loan from Rockland Credit at 1.99% (Not the 1.49% Subaru was offering). I should have run then. Also, their promotion for their "Passport Program" is going to cost you...........a lot. Their typical oil change runs you are $165 with a 30k tune up at $590. They won't tell you that in finance, though, in fact when I asked their financial person didn't know anything about the passport program. In short, if you want a new Subaru and this dealership is local to you, come with your own financial plan or apply via the Subaru site. If you want a specific car and it's only at that dealership - you could probably wait.

Ryan, Deb, Matt

February 03, 2016

Stewy1985, First of all, thank you for buying a car from Planet Subaru. Second, thank you for identifying Ryan as a kid. Now 31, he is starting to feel his age because he never gets carded at restaurants and he’s delighted that someone thought he was really young! Back to your purchase. Regarding the interest rate, Subaru of America does offer have promotional rates for shorter terms (e.g. 36 months). Many people aren’t able to pay off a loan that quickly so they choose a longer term at a slightly higher rate. In this instance, we have a variety of banks and we try to find you one with a rate as close as possible to the Subaru's advertised “teaser rate.” Regarding the Passport Program, many of our customers see a lot of value in the program, and we have returned well over a million dollars in benefits to our customers on the program. Of course it’s not for everyone…we sell cars all over New England and some cannot drive so far for service. Others don’t want to follow the recommendations for service, just changing the oil and hoping for the best (though this strategy has costs down the line, such as tires wearing out quickly without rotations). We work very hard to give our customers good value for their money. We have grown to be one of the largest Subaru dealerships in the country and we didn’t get to this position by overcharging people. While we realistically can’t get to 100% customer satisfaction, that’s not going to stop us from trying. If we can make amends, please call me at 781-826-4444 or email me at jeff@planetsubaru.com. Best, Jeff Morrill, President.

NJRose
9/18/2015

"Building Relationships"

I have been buying and servicing my cars at Planet Subaru for over 15 years. I have recommended Planet to friends and family. Why? Earning customer trust and providing quality service is what I see as their ‘mission statement’. It is the reason why, despite moving 800 miles away, I schedule my visits to Boston to include family, friends and Planet Subaru. Brett, Matt, Nicky & Matt – are awesome. There are other dealerships closer to where I live that I could go to for service. I tried them, which is why I keep going back to Planet.

Brett, Matt, Nicky and other Matt

why?
8/16/2015

"Total clueless salesperson and dealership"

So I just had the absolute worst dealer experience ever. Went to planet subaru to look at a car. The first time I went they were seal coating the driveway and the car I wanted to see was "out back" in the service area and and I couldn't even go see it. When I tried to look at a different car the salesperson said,"We don't give test drives unless we think you are really going to buy it." Seriously? These are $30k subaru's, not $60K + sports cars. He didn't even think about trying to show me the car at all, just came out with that idiotic statement. Just unbelievable. I should have taken that as an omen. But I went back the next week and the salesperson truly was totally clueless and thought that was a good thing, absolutely refused to even pretend to try and negotiate, when we brought up prices in other parts of the country he actually laughed about buying a car and having it shipped. Seriously claimed that thier "internet prices" are so great people come from around the country. Ah no, your internet prices are literally the highest in the country, anyone with half a brain can check that on cars.com. I've read about arrogant Subaru salesperson, but holy crap this guy was treating subaru's like they were Ferrari's. I mean seriously, I traveled almost an hour to visit, treat me like I am a human, not someone who has zero clue. I bet this place will be in trouble within the year. This place makes the black plague look good. If you want to meet an amazingly clueless arrogant salesperson, go there. Seriously makes me want to never even think about Subaru, even though I've been a gigantic fan for 15+ years. Honestly what type of imbecile actually laughs at someone they are trying to sell something too?

eric urbanowicz

August 24, 2015

David, sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. Regarding the test drive on the first day you came in, we were doing asphalt work that day and had packed many cars in our shop so they would not come in contact with the sealer. But you took the opportunity to drive the car after the asphalt work. There are a few circumstances where we don't offer test drives, but it is rare. Regarding the prices, we keep our prices very competitive with area Subaru dealers, but it is true that we cannot necessarily offer a car at the same price as a dealer could in, say, Nebraska, where business costs are lower. We pledge to give you reliable information and honest, upfront, pricing, but we cannot always meet every budget. If there is anything I can do to make amends please contact me directly at 781-826-4444 or jeff@planetsubaru.com. --Jeff Morrill, Owner

Carol S
8/13/2015

"Integrity of Service in question"

New Forester in for a windshield. Used their glass company. 2 bad installs by glass co. Third one put in by a service tech that looked like a child did it. Cut my car down to metal. Had to have $2000.00 worth of body work done. Glass co. had to pay for everything. Won't find me there again.

Brett Quinn Service Manager

August 24, 2015

Carol, we arrange glass replacements at Planet Subaru for our customers as a courtesy. We don't get a commission or a fee or anything. We just want to make it easier to take care of multiple needs on the same day. In your case, the normally excellent glass company that has done good work for many years (and replaces the glass in our personal cars too) just did a terrible job. I'm really sorry that you were inconvenienced. --Jeff Morrill, Owner

pjs4skates
10/17/2014

"Best Car buying and BEST CAR on the PLANET ! "

I just got my second Forester form Planet ! Best Car buying experience and BEST CAR on the PLANET ! Seriously -I would never get anything but a Subaru and never get one from anyone else ! It's an hour drive for me -- But it's so worth it ! Friendly, honest and for the second time - Deb Brewster put me in the car of my dreams ! I couldn't be happier - If I won the lottery I'd never go anywhere else - or buy anything else! It's a DREAM MACHINE ... with all the bells and whistles - things I never dreamed of.... Drove in and out in my new Forester same day ! She even had the Color choice I wanted ! The HUGE Panoramic moon-roof and leather heated seats was my main preferred option - but It came with the back up camera, bluetooth option and 32 mpg...... I feel safe and oh so happy ! pjs

Deb Brewster and Nic

CJL420
9/13/2014

"Service Department did right by me"

These guys were very honest with me. I brought my 2003 Forester after being told by another dealer that my engine needed replacement. I realized right away that the other dealer was magnifying the problems and trying to scare me into buying a new (or used) car from them. Without telling them the assessment of the other dealer, I asked the Planet Subaru service center to check out the same concerns. Yes, they did charge me $100 just to look and diagnose these issues but, I found their assessment to be far more thorough and reasonable. During my most recent visit, I had a vibration issue I needed diagnosed as well as a leaking differential seal that I had repaired myself but, was convinced I had botched it. I told Matt right from the start that if the seal was in fact still leaking, to just replace it. Matt called back, four hours later, to tell me that the seal was not leaking and they had positively identified the issue causing the vibration problem. Again, this cost me $100. Matt seemed disappointed that I didn't give the go-ahead for them to complete an $850 brake job. My point is that like most, if not all, dealerships it was a pricey affair. However, a lot of dealerships would have told me the seal was leaking just to get the extra $200 out of me. On other occasions, where I was doing my own repairs, the parts department has helped me with small discounts on expensive parts. A few times a technician would even offer warnings or special instruction. When the situation calls for dealer service, I am happy to choose and recommend Planet Subaru

Matt

KateN
4/28/2014

"Customer-Focused, Actions Back Their "Undealership" Label"

First, it’s important to say that I was not asked or paid to write this review and everything that happened, is true and can be verified. I say this because, from what I see and hear, customer treatment like this is relatively rare at typical auto dealerships. I guess that is why Planet Subaru calls itself the “undealership.” They do business differently than most, and my husband (Joe Notini) and I experienced this first-hand. We bought a new 2014 Forester at Planet Subaru and within a few months had an issue with it that we felt was atypical of Subaru cars and needed to be addressed. Though the dealership advertised an “open door policy,” we wondered how far we would get asking to speak to the dealership’s owner, Jeff Morrill, on a late Friday afternoon and without an appointment. Surprisingly no one asked us why we wanted to talk to him or tried to pawn us off on someone else. Within minutes, Jeff appeared and listened patiently to our concerns. He promised to get back to us soon and he did, calling us the following Monday to offer a solution. We proposed an alternate resolution, anticipating a long drawn-out back and forth before the issue could be resolved. Surprisingly that didn’t happen. Although initially not 100% onboard with our proposal, Jeff strongly advocated for us and convinced Subaru to agree to do their part to solve this issue to our complete satisfaction…quickly, amicably and at no expense to us. In addition, Planet Subaru assumed all of the related costs that Subaru Corporate did not pick up. The dealership also devoted several hours of administrative time. In the process, and by remaining true to his “undealership” philosophies and business model, Jeff (and his Internet Sales Mgr. Deb and Business mgr. Dave) gained our gratitude, respect and loyalty.

Jeff Morrill, Deb Brewster, Dave Spellman

haydenmarley08
3/23/2014

"Before I even went to Planet Subaru to attempt to..."

Before I even went to Planet Subaru to attempt to purchase a car, I called to find out how much their interest rates were for a car loan. The person who answered my call spoke to me as if I was clueless, and was rudely questioning me before I could even finish my sentences. I still decided to try and purchase a car there anyway. Then I discovered that the car I was looking to get had without a doubt been hit in the back bumper. The whole back bumper wasn't lined up with trunk, paint was chipped underneath the tail light, and the paint was also spidering on the side of the bumper. The sales guy named David G. tried to prove to me that the car had never been in an accident by showing me a clean car fax. However, it is possible to hide things on a car fax report. Knowing that made things questionable so David then said "oh yeah, the car did come in with what looked to be a loose bumper so we re-attached it". Clearly that meant the bumper had been damaged, because otherwise a bumper shouldn't just fall off by itself unless Subaru makes some cheaply made vehicles. Even after all this, David said they still expected to receive over $22,000 for the car, despite the damage. Their rates are only negotiable within a few hundred dollars, which makes no sense if a cars damage is gonna be around $1,000 to fix. Then I would've had to pay myself to fix it since Planet Subaru's mechanics clearly can't do auto body work. I was very disappointed with the service I received, and ended up walking away from it all.

David G

April 16, 2014

Sorry we didn't meet your expectations...we try really hard! Dave is one of our most beloved team members, with us since 2006. While not all of our used cars are cosmetically perfect, we will not offer them for sale unless we're very confident that they will give you many years of good value. You are correct that we were not able to reduce the price on that car by thousands to meet your budget. We can't always sell a car for the budget that a prospective customer has available. If there's anything we can do make amends, please call me directly at 781-826-4444. Thanks, Jeff Morrill, President.