Read Reviews Planet Subaru

4.2

3.9

3.5

based on 13 reviews

Overall
3.9

3.9 out of 5

39 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Planet Subaru

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Planet Subaru

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Customer-Focused, Actions Back Their "Undealership" Label"

KateN
4/28/2014 3:29:36 PM

Jeff Morrill
Dave Spellman

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

First, it’s important to say that I was not asked or paid to write this review and everything that happened, is true and can be verified. I say this because, from what I see and hear, customer treatment like this is relatively rare at typical auto dealerships. I guess that is why Planet Subaru calls itself the “undealership.”

They do business differently than most, and my husband (Joe Notini) and I experienced this first-hand.

We bought a new 2014 Forester at Planet Subaru and within a few months had an issue with it that we felt was atypical of Subaru cars and needed to be addressed. Though the dealership advertised an “open door policy,” we wondered how far we would get asking to speak to the dealership’s owner, Jeff Morrill, on a late Friday afternoon and without an appointment. Surprisingly no one asked us why we wanted to talk to him or tried to pawn us off on someone else. Within minutes, Jeff appeared and listened patiently to our concerns. He promised to get back to us soon and he did, calling us the following Monday to offer a solution.

We proposed an alternate resolution, anticipating a long drawn-out back and forth before the issue could be resolved. Surprisingly that didn’t happen. Although initially not 100% onboard with our proposal, Jeff strongly advocated for us and convinced Subaru to agree to do their part to solve this issue to our complete satisfaction…quickly, amicably and at no expense to us. In addition, Planet Subaru assumed all of the related costs that Subaru Corporate did not pick up. The dealership also devoted several hours of administrative time. In the process, and by remaining true to his “undealership” philosophies and business model, Jeff (and his Internet Sales Mgr. Deb and Business mgr. Dave) gained our gratitude, respect and loyalty.

Twitter
"Before I even went to Planet Subaru to attempt to..."

haydenmarley08
3/23/2014 10:45:16 PM

David G

1.6

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

Before I even went to Planet Subaru to attempt to purchase a car, I called to find out how much their interest rates were for a car loan. The person who answered my call spoke to me as if I was clueless, and was rudely questioning me before I could even finish my sentences. I still decided to try and purchase a car there anyway. Then I discovered that the car I was looking to get had without a doubt been hit in the back bumper. The whole back bumper wasn't lined up with trunk, paint was chipped underneath the tail light, and the paint was also spidering on the side of the bumper. The sales guy named David G. tried to prove to me that the car had never been in an accident by showing me a clean car fax. However, it is possible to hide things on a car fax report. Knowing that made things questionable so David then said "oh yeah, the car did come in with what looked to be a loose bumper so we re-attached it". Clearly that meant the bumper had been damaged, because otherwise a bumper shouldn't just fall off by itself unless Subaru makes some cheaply made vehicles. Even after all this, David said they still expected to receive over $22,000 for the car, despite the damage. Their rates are only negotiable within a few hundred dollars, which makes no sense if a cars damage is gonna be around $1,000 to fix. Then I would've had to pay myself to fix it since Planet Subaru's mechanics clearly can't do auto body work. I was very disappointed with the service I received, and ended up walking away from it all.

Response From: Planet Subaru
Added: 4/16/2014 2:22:06 PM

Sorry we didn't meet your expectations...we try really hard! Dave is one of our most beloved team members, with us since 2006. While not all of our used cars are cosmetically perfect, we will not offer them for sale unless we're very confident that they will give you many years of good value. You are correct that we were not able to reduce the price on that car by thousands to meet your budget. We can't always sell a car for the budget that a prospective customer has available. If there's anything we can do make amends, please call me directly at 781-826-4444. Thanks, Jeff Morrill, President.

Twitter
"I had a wonderful experience at Planet Subaru. Was..."

hillis18
1/30/2014 5:36:36 PM

Jaime

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

I had a wonderful experience at Planet Subaru. Was interested in a particular used car; it was exactly what I hoped it would be and Planet Subaru made the transaction super quick. They were also very accommodating. Thanks to Jaime, Steve, and Dave for a great experience.

Twitter
"The 50-minute drive to Planet from our Boston-area home..."

EricHelmuth
12/30/2013 12:57:13 PM

Dave Spellman

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

The 50-minute drive to Planet from our Boston-area home was well worth it to buy our new Forester. They stock more base models than most area dealers, so we saved money by not paying for add-ons we didn't want, and still got a car off the lot. Deb and the Internet sales team were a dream to work with. We negotiated a fair price for a specific vehicle entirely over email and phone, and the deal didn't change when we arrived to sign the paperwork. The no-pressure, transparent process continued in the Finance office where we encountered none of the squeeze tactics for add-ons and extended warranties so common in a typical dealership. Add to that Planet's remarkable commitment to environmental responsibility and staffing diversity, and it really is an "un-dealership as they call themselves on their website. We'd gladly buy here again.

Twitter
"20 plus years at Planet Subaru. HONEST people, Friendly..."

NJRose
9/3/2013 6:56:17 PM

Christie

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

20 plus years at Planet Subaru. HONEST people, Friendly people. The service is outstanding and I am very sad that due to a move to North Carolina I can no longer use their service department. I have recommended this dealership to family and friends. I had purchased subaru's at other dealerships in the Boston area and was horrified by how they attempted to take advantage of me. This has never happened at Planet Subaru. I have even asked Planet service about repair costs at dealerships in my new area and they have been very helpful. If you want a Subaru (and you do) this is the place you want to buy it.

Twitter
"After reading the reviews of a few crossovers I decided..."

BMC001
6/2/2013 5:29:14 AM

Mostly Deb but also Bob & also David to complete the deal

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

After reading the reviews of a few crossovers I decided on what I wanted.
After recently dealing with a shady dealer, it was great dealing with Planet Subaru.
I emailed Deb & she got right back to me with what they could offer me.
They worked out the same deal as this other dealer without the pressure or lies that I got at the other dealer.
When I went down to sign the papers & pick up my new car everything was exactly as they had quoted.

Twitter
"dealership sold me a volvo which had some issues and the..."

dbrandeis
5/21/2013 8:23:45 AM

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

dealership sold me a volvo which had some issues and the dealership took ownership of the problem and solved it. I was pleased with stepping up and doing the right thing eventhough it is not a Subaru. That too me is a firm that gets not only sales but servicing the customer.

Twitter
"My wife and I went to Planet Subaru in the market for a..."

Tom924
3/29/2013 1:55:08 PM

Bob

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

My wife and I went to Planet Subaru in the market for a new car. It was the first new car we had ever bought, so we weren’t sure what to expect, but Planet Subaru did not disappoint! We worked with Bob, who was very friendly, knowledgeable and zero pressure. When we test drove cars, he would tell us about the car and point out some features, and then let us take the cars out alone. We landed on the 2013 Subaru Impreza because it’s fun to drive, 36 MPG and AWD. Unbeatable. Bob helped us select a package that would allow us to take delivery of the car as quickly as possible (this was important because I was starting a new job soon). When we went back to pick up the car, Bob gave us a thorough walk-through and pointed out the features – and he even set up my phone to connect to the car’s Bluetooth. We got a great financing deal and the dealership took care of everything – plates, registration, cancelling our old plates, and called the insurance company. They also let me leave my old car there to donate it to the Special Olympics. I didn’t have to lift a finger and I already got my tax receipt. I can’t say enough positive things about this dealership and the people we worked with there. My wife and I had such a good experience, we actually went back to Planet Subaru for a second Impreza a few months later!

Twitter
"Guys: I just wanted to take a moment of your time to..."

JerryLoiselle
3/11/2013 3:59:07 PM

Scott Chandler and Stephen Grant

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

Guys: I just wanted to take a moment of your time to tell you what an awesome team of folks you have working for you. After doing some online research it came down to a Ford Escape and a Subaru Crosstrek. Scott Chandler and Stephen Grant worked with me to make the buying experience a pleasure. I also met Dennis, Lauri, and Jaime. I read a lot about your dealership online and wondered if what you stated would be true. I must say your philosophy shows all throughout your dealership but more importantly it radiates from your team. I look forward to taking delivery of my new vehicle this Friday and I hope to meet Blue. I must admit saying Crosstrek three times fast is not for the faint of heart ;-) Regards, Jerry Loiselle Brockton, MA

Twitter
"I felt compelled to write a review after my experience..."

Southshore123
2/21/2013 6:08:10 PM

James Green

2.8

My Review Of Planet Subaru:

I felt compelled to write a review after my experience with this dealership. I went to test drive a 2012 Legacy that I saw online. Upon entering the dealership I was greeted with a smile, offered refreshments, yada yada yada, nice and friendly just like every other dealership. James was quick in pulling up the Legacy, showed us all the bells and whistles, and then let me and my boyfriend test drive all by ourselves, not accompanied by a Planet Subaru rep (this was new to me as all other test drives I had the sales rep in the back seat). We test drove the car and even took it on the highway - everything was good.

Went back to the dealer and explained that we were off to test drive some other vehicles that day. He didn't even try to stop us from walking out the door (first inclination that they really don't want to work for their business)! Fast forward to later that evening, after test driving various vehicles all day we wanted the Legacy.

They quote me on my trade at $6k. Previous quotes I received that day were consistently $1k-$1,500 more than this. He proceeds to tell me that they aren't really giving me more for my car, just knocking it off the sticker price. So then I address the sticker price - he says he cant do anything to lower it. Cant lower the trade either. Then he says that Kelley Blue Book trade-ins aren't accurate, then proceeds to pull of Legacy comps on Kelley Blue Book to verify his selling price?!? So contradictory and ridiculous. I am a Director of Sales for a corporation where I get commission and I negotiate, never have I been met with such poor salesmanship.

How is this considered being a salesman? It is more like being a clerk where you walk in a store, pick something up off the shelf, and pay for it. In reality, if they just gave me a couple hundred bucks more for my trade or knocked it off the sticker price, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT RIGHT THERE.

Went to Mastria in Taunton two days later and bought virtually the same car (with the same customer care plan mind you, tires and everything for life) for $2k less at the end of the day! They even acted like they wanted my business!

Don't waste your time at Planet Subaru. Go to Mastria and get treated with respect and get a fair deal.

Reviews 11-20 >>