Plattner's Chevrolet Buick of Quincy

Plattner's Chevrolet Buick of Quincy
Plattner's Chevrolet Buick of Quincy Info

Dishforyou
1/22/2014

"Worse car sales on the planet. I have never in my life..."

Worse car sales on the planet. I have never in my life seen sales treat people so so horribly. I can not believe Plattner does fire the bulk of the sales people. I feel sick , just having experienced that.

Who ever owns this dealership - does not seem to care about customer service in sales department

wade1992w
1/10/2012

"I had been shopping for a new car for several weeks and..."

I had been shopping for a new car for several weeks and found on the internet a vehicle that I might be interested in at this dealership. When we called the dealership the salesperson quoted a price. I drove 25 miles out of my way to look at the vehicle. I told the salesperson to go forward with the paper work, upon reviewing the agreement, he had added $599.00 for a dealership fee, $400.00 for a tire nitro add on, & $184.00 transaction fee. I ask him why all the fees, that on the phone he had quoted a price for the vehicle, his response and being very curt, "I wasn't ask" This was approximately $1200.00 extra that he didn't bother to tell us on the phone. He was being very deceptive with the price in order to get folks into the dealership, and I have been told this is common practice at this dealership. I ask the manager what was the $184.00 transaction fee for, he stated "for us doing the paper work" I then stated to him, "that is part of the $599.00 dealership fee. It appears that they are taking advantage of customers once they are inside the door and the final paper work is done, which is sad for those who do not argue those ridiculous charges. I then ask to drive the vehicle home, in order to test it before purchasing. The manager insisted on $500.00 deposit, which I didn't understand, because I had visited five other dealerships and all was required was my drivers license and copy of insurance and a simple form signed. I gave them a $500.00 check for deposit, kept the car overnight and when I returned to the dealership with the check to purchase the car, they could not find my check for the $500.00 deposit. I was then told I could stop payment on my check, which would cost me $35.00 or I could wait until the corporate office mailed me a check for $500.00. Keep in mind, they would not let me test drive the vehicle without a deposit, but I was suppose to trust them to send me a check. I demanded my check or they could have the vehicle back because I was not paying them for the vehicle until I had my $500.00 back. At that time, they found my check. Then when trying to finalize the paper work, it took five attempts for the guy to finally get my mailing address and physical address in the correct place on the form, only after I showed him how to fill it out. He was also very curt about the way I wanted the addresses on the paper work. They don't seem to understand that many folks, does not get their mail where they live, as in my situation all mail goes to a PO box. Had the paper work been left the way he had it, I would not have gotten my tag, the postal service would have returned it to the sender. Once the paper work was all signed, I ask for a copy of everything I had signed, the salesperson stated "well that is strange". To me there is nothing strange about getting copies of any paper work that I sign especially when spending that amount of money. I then ask for someone to quickly show me how to program my cell phone into the hands free system in the vehicle. I was told, no one there knew how to do that, I can't understand how they can legally sell something that no one at the entire dealsership knows anything about. All the other dealerships assured me that someone would answer any questions concerning the vehicle, but Quincy Chevy made no attempt. I did not pay the added on fees for nitro, and transaction fee. Upon leaving the dealership, the manager did not even thank me for shopping there. The sale guy, who just started to work there, came there from a Lincoln, Mercury dealership. He didn't have a clue on anything which wasted lots of mine time. Had I not caught his figures on sales tax, I would have owed the tax office another five hundred dollars. This was a terrible experience, and I do not suggest anyone to purchase a vehicle from this dealership, if you do, bring your attorney. Consumers need to take their time purchasing a vehicle from any dealership, and find out about the dealership before going there to purchase.

Robert, Tim