Ramp Ford Inc.

Port Jefferson Station , New York 11776
Ramp Ford Inc. Info

PCPAC
8/14/2015

"Absolutly awful. Liars and theives. "

I just returned my 2012 Edge and got absolutly destroyed on my end of lease "wear and tear" charges. $1400 dollars they are charging me for 2 minor scratches on 2 different panels and 1 rim that has scratches on the chrome. Absolute nonsense. I knew this was going to happen. I had went to my saleman 6 months prior to returning my lease and he said "no worries", "they are great with lease returns", "youll be fine" (Rob Smith). And sure enough $1400 they are charging me after 39 lease payments. I gave them a fortune in lease payments and returned the car in great shape. I was in their administrative office explaining my situation and that I was a unsatified customer. They did NOTHING and got nasty with me. Steve rampone standing right there and he did NOTHING, not one word. I said Im a unhappy customer, my customer satisfaction is very low. They did nothing. Sorry sir heres your bill for $1400 dollars. After all Ive given to them, they couldnt do anything for me. Plus their service stinks and those guys never give you an explination for anything. They told me they redirected a hose for me and it cost $275. The people there are scam artists. They lie and take your money without any justification. They have no customer loyalty. They dont take care of their unhappy customers. I am never going back to ramp for EVER. Horrible business practice. I highly recommend NOT GOING TO RAMP FORD!!!!

Rob Smith, Steve Rampone.

rs1976
6/16/2015

"Great experience"

I got a great deal without having to haggle. The car was factory ordered, and arrived exactly when they told me to expect it. A couple of phone calls with the business manager, and my paperwork was ready when I showed up. All I had to do was sign my name a few times, and I was ready to drive away.

Armand D'Accordo, Charlie (didn't catch his last name)

cfigs
1/03/2015

"the service dept is horrible "

I got a Ford fusion hybrid that they lied to me since day one about the mileage and the service dept is horrible I get 34 miles per gallon not the 47 miles per gallon and the service dept has attitudes

todd

mc1011
5/07/2014

"$120 for a road test"

My vehicle is still under the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty. I went to Ramp for what was hopefully warranty service. My vehicle has a very commonly known problem that comes with TSB's and even an investigation from the NHTSA. I left my vehicle with Ramp for a few days to be told that they couldn't find my problem. That's perfectly fine, and I completely understand that they need to replicate the issue. However, I was then given a bill for a little over $120. The service advisor said that since they couldn't find my problem, I'd have to pay the diagnostic fee. While some people would agree with the advisor, what he said after that is what made him 100% wrong. When the advisor was asked why they would charge $120 for just a road test that takes not even 5 minutes, I was told that more than a road test occurred. Please note my vehicle has a MANUAL transmission. The tech apparently ran a "diagnostic scan" on my vehicle and also checked my fluid. First of all, there is nothing you can "scan" for in a manual transmission. Secondly, if low transmission fluid was the source of the problem, I wouldn't be at the dealer in the first place. There is a current TSB that states to change the transmission fluid to a higher viscosity to help the problem. It is listed as 0.5 hours. That is HALF of what I was charged (1 hour), and work would actually have been done to the vehicle. Instead, I was charged a full hour's worth of diagnostic work for a simple road test. I previously went to another Ford dealership for the same problem. They also road tested my vehicle, but did not charge me a dime. I also recently spoke with another dealership and they did not agree with Ramp's customer service. I was also told that the minor modifications (that the previous owner who is a Ford tech installed) would void my entire warranty anyways. My vehicle has a cold air intake, aftermarket exhaust, and has lowering springs/larger rims installed. The issue here is simply a greedy dealership who's trying to get money out of people who don't know better.

SteveMo
4/07/2012

"We purchased a used vechicle from Ramp. Our purchasing..."

We purchased a used vechicle from Ramp. Our purchasing experience was quite typical, with no problems, issues, or suprises. When it came time for service, the real fun began. I should have turned around and walked out when I heard the service department openly bad mouthing a customer,within earshot of everyone present(very unprofessional). After 2 visits trying to service our car, my problems were not fixed! They were simply trying to diagnose my problem by changing parts at my expense, with no success. And I was catching an attitude to boot! After they kept my vechicle for a week, they ultimatly replaced the battery and alternator for almost a $2000.00 price tag. I then called Ford directly and staged a complaint with the dealership. This was a like a mediation service that revued my situation, after this magically all labor chages were dropped. After driving the car for 2 days after that, my wife got stuck on the side of the road. I gave up and took the car to a local mechanic out of fustration. In 1 day, my car was diagnosed and repaired. It was a bad relay that was draining my battery, which was replaced for $140.00. Not several hundred for a battery and alternator that I did not need! In my opinion the service department as a whole is extremely unprofessional, and could care a less about any particular customer. I live less then a half mile from Ramp, and would gladly drive an hour away not to deal with them. They will never get another dime from me, my friends, or family! Please learn from my experience and take your hard earned money to another Dealership.

Entire service department

ilive4soccr
8/17/2011

"I originally went to this dealership to look at an..."

I originally went to this dealership to look at an Altima, which turned out to be a great drive, but talking with John P. He was very short with me, spent a good portion of my time on the phone with another buyer and seemed overall disinterested in giving me any type of deal being that I was trading in my vehicle. I looked a few other cars that day and realized I really wanted the car that they had, so i went back the next day and decided to work with someone different, that person was Nancy, I first came in and told her what I wanted to do, she didn't seem very friendly and when I asked what they would give me for my trade in and what I was estimated before, she came back with a low offer so I asked what we could do with that and she responded 'Nothing'. So i asked if I could speak with the manager, she asked me why, I told her I would like to see what deal could be done. So she sighed with a little attitude and went to get the floor manager(or thats how he came across, he might have just been a senior associate, and he said the same thing. I told them if they could not give me even 500 more for my car I would walk out. They weren't phased and had no interest in making a deal happen for even 500. I was extremely disappointed in the service and the disinterest in making a deal happen to sell the car. I will not recommend this dealer to anyone and will continue to shout it from the rooftops to stay away from this dealership. Incredibly dissatisfied.

John and Nancy

walkgm
12/04/2003

"I've bought two vehicles here...the service department is..."

I've bought two vehicles here...the service department is wonderful...I've thought about buying something other than a Ford, but I keep coming back to Ramp because they have treated me so well.