Rich Ford

8601 Lomas Blvd NE,
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112
Rich Ford Info
About Rich Ford

Ford enthusiasts in the ALBUQUERQUE New Mexico area have helped keep Ford one of the most popular makes on the road today. Whether you are a fan of the Ford Edge, Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford E-Series, Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford Flex, Ford Focus, Ford Focus Coupe, Ford Fusion, Ford Fusion Hybrid, Ford Mustang, Ford Ranger, Ford Taurus or Ford Taurus X Rich Ford in Albuquerque New Mexico has the new car inventory you're looking for.

About Rich Ford

Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

kim switzer
7/04/2016

"Bart Rice employs bait and switch tactics"

Albuquerque’s Rich Ford Sales Manager, “Bart Rice”, deliberately misrepresents his contractual product offering, by his “bait and switch tactics” where my $500 deposit and 12/15/15 contract ordering a 2016 Ford-C-max Plug-in was intentionally delayed without notifying the client until after the fact and revised delivery date after my lease ended, where a more expensive, less desireable substitution car and leasing terms were forced on me negating our contract, and other specific stretchings of standard business ethics by “Bart Rice.”

Lori Karson

Margarette Moody
6/29/2016

"Service "

I have always gotten excellent service and been treated very well. Bart has been a very good consultant and listens when I've had problems with my car. Thank you

2013EscapeNM
3/21/2016

"Takes a couple of times to get it right..."

We purchased a new 2013 Ford Escape from Rich Ford and have had a few mechanical issues. Last year, when the vehicle was a little over 2 years old - it began leaking oil. We took it in for repairs because it was covered by the warranty but after keeping our vehicle for a week they thought they fixed the problem but did not. So when the car started leaking oil again, we took it back for repairs - which they then kept our car for 1 month. They very nearly had to replace the entire engine to fix the leak. But they did fix it. However, here we are 6 months after that and I recently had to take my car in again because the check engine light came on. This time it took them 2 times (keeping my car for 4 days each time) to properly diagnose the problem and eventually fix it. (Replace the EGR Valve). By the way, our warranty just expired 3 weeks ago and the car only has 23,000 miles on it. So we had to pay for the diagnosis and repairs out of pocket this last time. To be honest the repair work was pretty sloppy this time and my car was returned to me with a big crack in the windshield that wasn't there when I dropped it off. The mechanics did not put all of the parts back together after the install, there were several plastic rivets missing, they spilled anti-freeze all over the left side of my car (you could visibly see it dripping down the front of my bumper). I was especially upset when I picked up my car, when I was paying, no one mentioned it to me that they cracked the windshield. No one apologized or made any notes on the repair bill. I had to call the dealership multiple times until I eventually got a hold of a manager (Julian Armijo), because my service advisor (Christine Doane) did not return my calls. Julian requested that I bring in my car so he could photograph the damage, which he then wanted to compare to video footage of what my car looked like when i brought it in, which is fair. I did have to follow up with him a couple of days later though. When I called again he said he couldn't see the crack in the windshield prior to the service being done and told me "we will just go ahead and take care of the windshield for you." He also said that he would have someone call and schedule a time for the repair, but after a week later, no one called to schedule the repairs for my windshield. I called again but this time left a message for another manager Bart White. Bart returned my call right away. Had me bring in my car, same-day and scheduled the repairs right away. Bart explained to me that over the past week they lost their primary windshield vendor and that it has taken them a while to find a new vendor. He said that Julian did follow through with his word and had approved my vehicle for the windshield replacement at no cost in their computer system, however he did not call to schedule the replacement yet because he got called out of town on business. We have had a few hiccups with the service department but, we have found that if you follow up with them they do make it right for you. My only other observation is that they do a high volume of repairs and sometimes the wait time to have the repairs completed is much longer than if you schedule an appointment with a smaller repair shop. It can take up to a week just to have your car diagnosed here, and that is a long time to be without your vehicle - if it is your primary source of travel. I would recommend you use this dealership if your are covered by your warranty - they will work with you until they fix the repairs. However, now that the our warranty is expired I may shop around for repair cost comparison before we come back here.

Worked with Christine Doane

Bob Matrin
8/24/2015

"dealership/friends"

I just wanted to thank you for the attention you have always shown me and my family. I have dealt with Wayne Cook for over twenty years and from the first F150 we purchased from him to the latest F150 he has always taken our needs very seriously when looking for the perfect vehicle. Wayne is a true gentleman and a man of his word. Rich Ford has always been the dealership of choice for us and we will shop there as long as we are able to and will recommend friends and family whenever possible. The Service and parts department are both top notch with extremely knowledgeable employees. The finance dept. saved us quite a bit of money by finding us cheaper financing compared to our pre arranged financing through our credit union.Thank you Rich Ford and Wayne for always making all our new car purchases stress free and enjoyable. Your friends always.

Wayne

Dlovato1a
6/04/2015

"Went in ore approved and left with a lower interest rate "

We had purchased a truck from our then new salesman and someone was nice enough to have stolen it just a few months after we took her home. After clearing up that unfortunate incident we followed our salesman to Rich Ford instead the dealership we went to in the first place. "Doc" had already known what we liked and found the truck we purchased within 3 minutes of hearing our story. He set us up with a damn fine finance officer and got us from our pre approved loan from our bank with an 8.99 interest rate and was able to drop it to 5.74 at the same bank. If any if our friends and family bought cars from big dealerships like Rich Ford we would send them to Patrick "Doc" Burk. Thank you for all your help.

Patrick Burk

Rte66
4/28/2015

"Quick Lane"

Bart Lane assisted me on 4/8/15; service and explanation of inspection well done. I bought the car from Rich Ford, and have had it serviced there almost exclusively.

Bart White

Tim_ABQ
4/28/2015

"Best Ford Dealer in NM!!"

I would like to take a few minutes to discuss the dealership. They are top notch in all aspects, and the service department is the best Ford Service Department around! They will go above and beyond what should be expected. I left another dealership for this one and I am willing to drive from Rio Rancho to have my Ford Flex serviced! I did not even purchase my Flex from this dealer, but that does not bother them - they treat me with the "red carpet treatment!" I briefly worked with the sales department and they were courteous and helpful without being pushy. I highly recommend this dealership!!

Paul Bartlett

justme
3/18/2015

"While I was there, my salesperson was great, but..."

When I decided to buy from Don Chalmers instead, they would not leave me alone. I had to become really firm not to call me again. First it was the salesperson, then it was the next person up the chain. I must have received at least 6-8 calls. It just didn't stop! Then the emails started. I unsubscribed 3-4 times, yet the emails persist. I finally had to block them. They would email me at work and my personal email. No matter how many times I would unsubscribe and change my preferences, every month it was just the same! I would not go back.

Female. Lori I think

andywx
1/03/2015

"Rich Ford is the low ball trade-in dealership of Albuquerque"

Traded in two nearly new vehicles, a 2013 Nissan Juke and Frontier and bought a 2014 Fusion and F-150. I had to fight to get the sales guy to come up to the lowest trade-in amount I could fathom accepting for BOTH vehicles and took the hit because the incentives on the Ford's were good. The Fusion's been perfect but the F-150 has had three issues in the first 45 days. A safety recall with the passenger seat airbag sensor, a driveline vibration at highway speeds and a gas gauge that's all over the place. I took my 2014 F-150 back to the dealership for a trade in appraisal after reading about the run around I was likely to experience from their service department about the driveline vibration as well as reading so many good reviews about the redesigned 2015 F-150. I was shocked that they offered me $10K less (paid $37.5K and they offered $27.5K) than what I paid just two months earlier. I purchase new vehicles every couple of years so I am well aware of a hefty drive-off depreciationbut $10K on a 4x4 I just purchased from this same dealership with only 1200 miles driven? Bottom line is if you have a vehicle you want to trade-in, sell it outright or go elsewhere because Rich Ford's policy is to low ball you big time on your trade-in and then spend 15 minutes trying to condescendingly explain how they came up with that number in order to distract you from the fact that their offer is rather laughable. To top things off, it turns out their extended warranty company (The Horizon Companies) automatically disconnects when you call their phone number and doesn't even have a web site. Really?! In this day and age? This seems awfully shady to me. Additionally, they list trucks on their web site as "Just In" when they're not due to be delivered on the lot for more than a month. How unprofessional and misleading of them! Unfortunately, Power Ford is owned by the same corporation so your best bet will be out of state where other dealerships in Denver, Amarillo, Lubbock, and Flagstaff know how to treat customers in order to gain genuine long-lived customer loyalty. Stay clear of cheap and greedy Rich Ford and Power Ford! Heck, try Don Chalmers for that matter although I suspect they're similar since their competition is sub-par. I was born and raised in ABQ and after living in other western states for a few years and experiencing what customer service can and should be like, I've learned that customer service as a whole in ABQ and NM is dismal at best. Go outside of NM and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the level of service you receive. Took the 2014 F-150 in to the Rich Ford Service Dept.with 1100 miles on it and the bad service continued. I took the vehicle in on a Friday at noon and the service adviser called me a couple of hours later to say they were backed up and needed to keep the vehicle until Saturday. I said fine but when Saturday afternoon rolled around and I heard nothing, I called the service department. The adviser that answered had no clue and said he'd check on it and call me back. Two hours later, nothing heard. I then called the adviser I dealt with in person on Friday and he said he was off but the guys working would call me back. Eventually he called back to tell me they'd need the truck until Monday. Ugh. I said fine and that I'm now eligible for a rental vehicle and he said Enterprise just closed. Of course they did. I called back Monday morning to find out the status of the vehicle and learned they really didn't do a thing to the vehicle until Monday morning and the technician said he couldn't duplicate the problems and that it checked out fine. I asked "how about the safety recall fix"?. "Oh, we'll get that taken care of today." What!? You've had my brand new vehicle for 4 days and didn't fix the factory safety recall issue yet? Wow. And Ford can't understand why soooo many people out there are skeptical of buying a Ford. This is exactly why! It's called INITIAL QUALITY!!!!! A brand new vehicle with three issues in the first 45 days and a service department that's incompetent to boot. I'll be going back to Toyota for life after this experience. I don't care how nice Ford vehicles drive. In fact, I just learned that Ford extended the powertrain warranty on our 2014 Fusion because of transmission fluid can leak onto the automatic clutch causing shuddering at highway speeds. Seriously FORD?

Bart, Lori, Bart (service)

andywx responded to this review

April 19, 2015

People come back to Rich Ford because they don't have much choice. Power Ford and Don Chalmer's don't have the inventory to compete. It has nothing to do with good customer service. Look at all the bad reviews here and on FB. Your service department is awful! I just traded in my nightmare 2014 Ford F-150 XLT for a GMC 1500 Sierra SLE and have never been happier. While GM has had it's issues recently, they don't try and fool customers with misleading terms like "EcoBoost". It's a turbo plain and simple and if you have a lead foot and/or tow anything, your gas mileage won't be anywhere near what the EPA estimates. You also have to put in premium gas which costs you between $150-$200 more each year with no towing and $400-$600 more per year if you tow. Don't be fooled by Ford Motor Co. and the V-6 Ecoboost lie and go with a V-8 from GM, RAM, Toyota or Nissan!

Rich Ford responded to this review

January 07, 2015

Mr. C., it is always with great sorry that we find that our performance has let someone down. We haven't been in business over 53 years by ignoring what our customers and fans say. Some of your concerns are ones we can and will address directly with both the sales and service staff. Both departments are rated in the top 10% of Ford dealerships Nationwide, but again that does not in any way discount your experience. It appears you have your mind set on a different brand, but if that is not the case we would very much appreciate the opportunity to try to keep your business. You are never bound to take our offer on a used vehicle and there are other Ford dealers you can visit if you so desire, but people continue to come back to Rich because we do in fact pay attention to our customer's needs and try to meet them whenever possible. The new 2015 F150 is probably the very best truck EVER built, and you would not be disappointed. If you will allow us the opportunity, we will absolutely do our very best. Let me again extend to you an apology and assure you that we are always listening to our customers in the hope of improving.

wsmckee
12/05/2014

"Simple Work Done with Great Customer Service."

I used the QuickLane to get a brake light replaced (for a very reasonable price!) and a simple tire pressure check. The customer service was outstanding, as always, and the work took about 40 minutes to complete which is awesome considering how busy they were. I just started going to Rich Ford because I inherited a 2012 Focus and they are the only ones I trust with fixing it and/or maintaining it. I have only been three times for simple maintenance, and each time I am amazed at the friendliness, cleanliness, concern for the customers' comfort, and satisfaction that I experience each time I go. Thanks everybody! I know you guys work very hard to keep Rich Ford up to it's highest standard and your work does not go unappreciated! I will be bringing my business back soon.

Reviews of Bart Rice