Rich Ford

8601 Lomas Blvd NE,
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112
Rich Ford Info
About Rich Ford

Ford enthusiasts in the ALBUQUERQUE New Mexico area have helped keep Ford one of the most popular makes on the road today. Whether you are a fan of the Ford Edge, Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford E-Series, Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford Flex, Ford Focus, Ford Focus Coupe, Ford Fusion, Ford Fusion Hybrid, Ford Mustang, Ford Ranger, Ford Taurus or Ford Taurus X Rich Ford in Albuquerque New Mexico has the new car inventory you're looking for.

About Rich Ford

Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Bob Matrin
8/24/2015

"dealership/friends"

I just wanted to thank you for the attention you have always shown me and my family. I have dealt with Wayne Cook for over twenty years and from the first F150 we purchased from him to the latest F150 he has always taken our needs very seriously when looking for the perfect vehicle. Wayne is a true gentleman and a man of his word. Rich Ford has always been the dealership of choice for us and we will shop there as long as we are able to and will recommend friends and family whenever possible. The Service and parts department are both top notch with extremely knowledgeable employees. The finance dept. saved us quite a bit of money by finding us cheaper financing compared to our pre arranged financing through our credit union.Thank you Rich Ford and Wayne for always making all our new car purchases stress free and enjoyable. Your friends always.

Wayne

Dlovato1a
6/04/2015

"Went in ore approved and left with a lower interest rate "

We had purchased a truck from our then new salesman and someone was nice enough to have stolen it just a few months after we took her home. After clearing up that unfortunate incident we followed our salesman to Rich Ford instead the dealership we went to in the first place. "Doc" had already known what we liked and found the truck we purchased within 3 minutes of hearing our story. He set us up with a damn fine finance officer and got us from our pre approved loan from our bank with an 8.99 interest rate and was able to drop it to 5.74 at the same bank. If any if our friends and family bought cars from big dealerships like Rich Ford we would send them to Patrick "Doc" Burk. Thank you for all your help.

Patrick Burk

Rte66
4/28/2015

"Quick Lane"

Bart Lane assisted me on 4/8/15; service and explanation of inspection well done. I bought the car from Rich Ford, and have had it serviced there almost exclusively.

Bart White

Tim_ABQ
4/28/2015

"Best Ford Dealer in NM!!"

I would like to take a few minutes to discuss the dealership. They are top notch in all aspects, and the service department is the best Ford Service Department around! They will go above and beyond what should be expected. I left another dealership for this one and I am willing to drive from Rio Rancho to have my Ford Flex serviced! I did not even purchase my Flex from this dealer, but that does not bother them - they treat me with the "red carpet treatment!" I briefly worked with the sales department and they were courteous and helpful without being pushy. I highly recommend this dealership!!

Paul Bartlett

justme
3/18/2015

"While I was there, my salesperson was great, but..."

When I decided to buy from Don Chalmers instead, they would not leave me alone. I had to become really firm not to call me again. First it was the salesperson, then it was the next person up the chain. I must have received at least 6-8 calls. It just didn't stop! Then the emails started. I unsubscribed 3-4 times, yet the emails persist. I finally had to block them. They would email me at work and my personal email. No matter how many times I would unsubscribe and change my preferences, every month it was just the same! I would not go back.

Female. Lori I think

andywx
1/03/2015

"Rich Ford is the low ball trade-in dealership of Albuquerque"

Traded in two nearly new vehicles, a 2013 Nissan Juke and Frontier and bought a 2014 Fusion and F-150. I had to fight to get the sales guy to come up to the lowest trade-in amount I could fathom accepting for BOTH vehicles and took the hit because the incentives on the Ford's were good. The Fusion's been perfect but the F-150 has had three issues in the first 45 days. A safety recall with the passenger seat airbag sensor, a driveline vibration at highway speeds and a gas gauge that's all over the place. I took my 2014 F-150 back to the dealership for a trade in appraisal after reading about the run around I was likely to experience from their service department about the driveline vibration as well as reading so many good reviews about the redesigned 2015 F-150. I was shocked that they offered me $10K less (paid $37.5K and they offered $27.5K) than what I paid just two months earlier. I purchase new vehicles every couple of years so I am well aware of a hefty drive-off depreciationbut $10K on a 4x4 I just purchased from this same dealership with only 1200 miles driven? Bottom line is if you have a vehicle you want to trade-in, sell it outright or go elsewhere because Rich Ford's policy is to low ball you big time on your trade-in and then spend 15 minutes trying to condescendingly explain how they came up with that number in order to distract you from the fact that their offer is rather laughable. To top things off, it turns out their extended warranty company (The Horizon Companies) automatically disconnects when you call their phone number and doesn't even have a web site. Really?! In this day and age? This seems awfully shady to me. Additionally, they list trucks on their web site as "Just In" when they're not due to be delivered on the lot for more than a month. How unprofessional and misleading of them! Unfortunately, Power Ford is owned by the same corporation so your best bet will be out of state where other dealerships in Denver, Amarillo, Lubbock, and Flagstaff know how to treat customers in order to gain genuine long-lived customer loyalty. Stay clear of cheap and greedy Rich Ford and Power Ford! Heck, try Don Chalmers for that matter although I suspect they're similar since their competition is sub-par. I was born and raised in ABQ and after living in other western states for a few years and experiencing what customer service can and should be like, I've learned that customer service as a whole in ABQ and NM is dismal at best. Go outside of NM and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the level of service you receive. Took the 2014 F-150 in to the Rich Ford Service Dept.with 1100 miles on it and the bad service continued. I took the vehicle in on a Friday at noon and the service adviser called me a couple of hours later to say they were backed up and needed to keep the vehicle until Saturday. I said fine but when Saturday afternoon rolled around and I heard nothing, I called the service department. The adviser that answered had no clue and said he'd check on it and call me back. Two hours later, nothing heard. I then called the adviser I dealt with in person on Friday and he said he was off but the guys working would call me back. Eventually he called back to tell me they'd need the truck until Monday. Ugh. I said fine and that I'm now eligible for a rental vehicle and he said Enterprise just closed. Of course they did. I called back Monday morning to find out the status of the vehicle and learned they really didn't do a thing to the vehicle until Monday morning and the technician said he couldn't duplicate the problems and that it checked out fine. I asked "how about the safety recall fix"?. "Oh, we'll get that taken care of today." What!? You've had my brand new vehicle for 4 days and didn't fix the factory safety recall issue yet? Wow. And Ford can't understand why soooo many people out there are skeptical of buying a Ford. This is exactly why! It's called INITIAL QUALITY!!!!! A brand new vehicle with three issues in the first 45 days and a service department that's incompetent to boot. I'll be going back to Toyota for life after this experience. I don't care how nice Ford vehicles drive. In fact, I just learned that Ford extended the powertrain warranty on our 2014 Fusion because of transmission fluid can leak onto the automatic clutch causing shuddering at highway speeds. Seriously FORD?

Bart, Lori, Bart (service)

andywx responded to this review

April 19, 2015

People come back to Rich Ford because they don't have much choice. Power Ford and Don Chalmer's don't have the inventory to compete. It has nothing to do with good customer service. Look at all the bad reviews here and on FB. Your service department is awful! I just traded in my nightmare 2014 Ford F-150 XLT for a GMC 1500 Sierra SLE and have never been happier. While GM has had it's issues recently, they don't try and fool customers with misleading terms like "EcoBoost". It's a turbo plain and simple and if you have a lead foot and/or tow anything, your gas mileage won't be anywhere near what the EPA estimates. You also have to put in premium gas which costs you between $150-$200 more each year with no towing and $400-$600 more per year if you tow. Don't be fooled by Ford Motor Co. and the V-6 Ecoboost lie and go with a V-8 from GM, RAM, Toyota or Nissan!

January 07, 2015

Mr. C., it is always with great sorry that we find that our performance has let someone down. We haven't been in business over 53 years by ignoring what our customers and fans say. Some of your concerns are ones we can and will address directly with both the sales and service staff. Both departments are rated in the top 10% of Ford dealerships Nationwide, but again that does not in any way discount your experience. It appears you have your mind set on a different brand, but if that is not the case we would very much appreciate the opportunity to try to keep your business. You are never bound to take our offer on a used vehicle and there are other Ford dealers you can visit if you so desire, but people continue to come back to Rich because we do in fact pay attention to our customer's needs and try to meet them whenever possible. The new 2015 F150 is probably the very best truck EVER built, and you would not be disappointed. If you will allow us the opportunity, we will absolutely do our very best. Let me again extend to you an apology and assure you that we are always listening to our customers in the hope of improving.

wsmckee
12/05/2014

"Simple Work Done with Great Customer Service."

I used the QuickLane to get a brake light replaced (for a very reasonable price!) and a simple tire pressure check. The customer service was outstanding, as always, and the work took about 40 minutes to complete which is awesome considering how busy they were. I just started going to Rich Ford because I inherited a 2012 Focus and they are the only ones I trust with fixing it and/or maintaining it. I have only been three times for simple maintenance, and each time I am amazed at the friendliness, cleanliness, concern for the customers' comfort, and satisfaction that I experience each time I go. Thanks everybody! I know you guys work very hard to keep Rich Ford up to it's highest standard and your work does not go unappreciated! I will be bringing my business back soon.

NMred
9/07/2014

"final analysis for what occurred with rich ford service"

I find it interesting that service department on internet and other public forums tend to save face: when let's review once again. You violated a legal contract in your service department and left a medical provider without transportation for 9 days. Bumper to Bumper warranty Corporate never understood why you did not provide transportation which is your responsibility for such. After this happened to me and I began to check around ABQ, I find it interesting that I am not the only person who you have treated this way. So you have a legal contract, you don't offer compensation for lost wages secondary to having no car that was your LEGAL obligation. The fact remains, Rich Ford at times does not abide by legal contracts and then thinks an apology is sufficient when there are lost wages. If you have the money to enforce RICH FORD to abide by their legal contacts then deal with them. I think there are too many business that get away with messing over people who don't have time or money to get an attorney to be treated as they should for a legal contract that was violated. The fact remains, They had a legal contract to provide a car for a customer whose car had bumper to bumper warranty and they did not do that. Nor have they felt the need to compensate the owner of said car for lost wages. Apologies do not make up for lost money and the reality of a medical provider without a car for 9 days. I did talk with members of Rich Ford team and experienced that once again on line they wish to be seen as cooperative and helpful. Different story with one on one……..

September 07, 2014

NMRed, Apologies aside, we always endeavor to meet or exceed EVERY customer's needs and wants. But, we absolutely would never in any circumstances break a legal obligation. I appeal to your simple common sense to see how that would affect our longevity, and 54 years in business demonstrates a very long-term commitment. I don't know the specifics of your situation since you haven't provided any contact information with this review, but you can rest assured that if there IS anything we can do to rectify a bad situation we most certainly would. As a franchise of the Ford Motor Company, we are bound to follow specific guild lines, all of which are designed to be consistent and simple to understand. We learn from our mistakes when they happen and each is an opportunity to move forward. Respectfully, if you're a medical provider or a stay-at-home-mom, you can rely on us to do what we can. Basic Ford bumper to bumper warranty doesn't provide any loaner/rental vehicles. We do so as a courtesy and as vehicles are available. If you wish, I can look into your situation further.... Rich Ford

corihetzel
9/05/2014

"Great experience!"

Today was the best experience that my husband and I have ever had buying a vehicle! We knew exactly what we wanted. Jeff listened to us as we walked together on the lot, answered all our questions and very kindly assisted us in buying a 2007 Trailblazer. This happened quickly and easily for the price that we were happily willing to pay. What a refreshing and surprising experience!

September 05, 2014

New or used, we endeavor to put the right customer in the right vehicle. That's why year after year, our customers, our friends, come back to Rich Ford to have the kind of buying experience you've experienced. He hope that you'll enjoy your vehicle and we'll see you again then next time you need us. Rich Ford

bvan72
8/31/2014

"JUSTIN BOWLING IS OUTSTANDING!!!"

I was looking for a car for my daughter. Justin made that happen with out the back and forth haggling everyone hates. Trust me when you read this, Justin went the extra mile for us the entire time we were looking. I really appreciate everything he did and his calming attitude that put us at ease while discussing the purchase price. I would like to thank KASADI D, JIMMY G, REESE R, and RICH FORD!!! You all seen the smile you put on my face and I thank you for a smooth and easy transaction!! I cant believe I wasted an entire week HAGGLING at POWER FORD and should have come to RICH FORD sooner!!!! THANKS JUSTIN AND THE ENTIRE TEAM AT RICH FORD...YOU ALL ARE OUTSTANDING!!!!

Justin Bowling

August 31, 2014

We know, even our most loyal customers always have a choice about where to take their business. But, If we can keep our competitors focused on us while we stay focused on the customer, ultimately we'll turn out all right. We very much appreciate your comments and we hope you'll enjoy your vehicle for miles and years to come! ;) Rich Ford

Reviews of Crystal Switzer