Safford of Winchester

Safford of Winchester Info
About Safford of Winchester

About Safford of Winchester

Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 AM

"Shaun called us from an internet search, he was very..."

Shaun called us from an internet search, he was very pleasant on the phone and listened to what we were interested in. He invited us to meet with him and we agreed. He showed us what we asked him to and did not try to sell us what we were not looking for. Shaun went above and beyond to explain the differences in the 2 vehicles we were interested in. We took a test drive but, he could tell we were not sold on that vehicle. We went inside, he did a search and came up with the perfect vehicle for us at their Fredericksburg location. He truley knows what he is talking about and knows what's in his stock. We are very happy with our purchase in fact that was the best car buying experience we have ever had. We were never rushed or nade to feel like we were taking up too much time. When It was time to go into financng that experience was equally great with Chris Dooley. We highly recommend Shaun if you are looking for a vehicle. The whole Safford team was great.

"I have been shopping for a new Durango for awhile. The..."

I have been shopping for a new Durango for awhile. The challenge was finding one that had the particular features that I wanted. I decided to expand the scope of my local area to find the car that I wanted, and boy was that a good decision. I reached out to Safford of Winchester about a particular vehicle that caught my eye. Right from the beginning, my sales associate (Shaun Hall) was very responsive to my inquiries, knowledgable about the product, and eager to earn my business during the entire purchase process. Safford gave me a great price on my Durango, and a very fair offer for my trade in. All in all the process was very friendly and I feel like I got a great deal. I could not recommend Shaun and the entire team at Safford more highly. If you are looking for a fair trade on your existing vehicle, a great price on your new car, and a knowledgable sales team and finance department, make sure you include Safford of Winchester as one of your must visit dealerships. And don't forget to ask for Shaun Hall, I have no doubt he will earn your business also. Shaun, and the entire Safford Team, my thanks for a great auto buying experience, I could not be more please with my entire buyng experience.

Shaun Hall

"I found a Dodge Charger on line through Safford's..."

I found a Dodge Charger on line through Safford's website. It seemed to be an excellent deal, so I inquired further. The salesman I spoke to was Shaun Hall. I made an appointment to test drive the vehicle that evening. I did so, and liked the car. Afterwards, upon talking about moving forward with the purchase, I over heard Shaun and the finance manager (I do not remember his name) talking about this vehicle. As it turns out, they made a mistake when posting the price of this vehicle online. They were lowering prices of certain vehicles online, and had lowered the price of this one by mistake. However, they stated at the time they would still honor the price it was advertised for (which legally they have to anyway). The paperwork was written up for that price. i had not signed the contract yet, because I wanted to discuss it with my wife, but did tell them it was almost a sure thing, and I would be in touch with them the next day to confirm moving forward. The finance manager wanted me to bring in a print-out of the vehicle listed at the price everyone saw (which already made me skeptical) when I came in the following day. I asked to have it printed right then and there, but he stated they weren't allowed to do that. Interestingly enough, when I got home and pulled up that vehicle online, the price had already been raised back up (go figure). However, since the paperwork was already written up for the agreed upon price, the Shaun said there would be no issue. The next day I contacted Shaun, and told him I would be in to purchase the vehicle. He said everything would be ready to go. Upon arriving, Shaun was finishing up with another customer. The finance manager brought me into his office, and proceeded to tell me they would not be able to give me the agreed on price for the car. He said they had made a mistake in lowering the price on that car, and could not sell it that low. He was going to have to raise the price back up, but as "a courtesy to me, they would split the difference". Quite simply, that is not my problem, and I told him so. The agreed-on price is what I expected to pay, and nothing more. He asked for the print out, which I explained I did not have because the price had already been raised by the time I got back home. His response was "Well, I can't call you a liar, but....". After about another 10 minutes of going back and forth, with him trying to jack the price up, and me refusing, he threw in the towel....but with an attitude I did not appreciate. He acted like I was doing him a disservice, and he was then doing me a favor. I left his office, and told Shaun I would not be completing the purchase. These are cheap salesman tricks that do not work for me. I realize they made a mistake in their advertising, but that is not my problem. They told me they would still honor the price, then tried to jack it up at the last minute. And to top it off, when I told Shaun why I would not be completing the purchase, at the end of that conversation he simply turned his back and walked away. No "I'm sorry"....or anything. Not what I expect from a decent dealership. I am contacting my attorney as well, because they tried to jack up the price on an advertised deal, which is not legal. I will not recommend this dealership to anyone....quite the opposite.

Shaun Hall

"I found this Ford F-250 pickup on cars.com listed with..."

I found this Ford F-250 pickup on cars.com listed with Safford of Winchester. The price and having exactly what we were looking for is why I contacted this dealership. However it was a 6 hr. drive away. There were plenty of pictures of the truck, but this would be a long distance purchase and I needed lots of info from them to feel comfortable enough to buy. The first time we would see and drive the truck would be on the day we would purchase it. Also, we had to make a quick transaction because of previous commitments so we didn't want to be at the dealer for a couple of hours or more. Joyce Rohrbaugh salesperson and the used car mgr Paul assured me of everything about the truck. They also organized most of the paperwork to be overnited so as to expedite the time we would have to spend at the dealership. Still, at the end of the day, we would have incurred 12 hours drive time and a motel stay to purchase this truck. I was concerned mostly with any "surprises" we might encounter with the truck or the pricing once we arrived. We would have certainly been at a disadvantage at that time. I'm happy to say everything was as they said it would be. We arrived as soon as they opened up on a Sat. and everything went smoothly and timely. Joyce and Paul were very personable and Paulina had all paperwork in order. Even the detail guys that cleaned the truck were helpful. The overall experience was very positive. I would recommend these persons and will contact them again when a another purchase is in order for us.

Joyce M. Rohrbaugh and used car Mgr. Paul

"I am very impressed with my experience at Safford. Both..."

I am very impressed with my experience at Safford. Both Ben and Colby were very friendly and honest with me. This was by far the most painless car buying experience I've ever had. I will recommend Safford of Winchester to everyone I know.

"The best experience I have had in buying a car! I will..."

The best experience I have had in buying a car! I will recommend safford of Winchester to anyone who is in need of a car. They really helped me out and gave me a great price on a great car! Very good customer service, Thank you Chuck for making the car buying experience so painless!

"Amazing experience! We had poor credit and they were..."

Amazing experience! We had poor credit and they were still willing to work with us. We were able to get a much newer and better car than expected because of the dedication Paulina put into our application and finances. Chuck listened to what we wanted and found us the perfect vehicle. I would definitely recommend them and would do business with them in the future! A+ team!

"I was in the market for a used car and was interested in..."

I was in the market for a used car and was interested in the Dodge Caliber. I found one on their website and called Bruce Harrell about it and he got it sent up from Fredericksburg quickly. I was very impressed with the price and condition of the car, which was hands down better than anywhere else that I had looked. With futher descussion about the vehicle with Bruce, who was very knowledgeable, I decided to purchase the vehicle. The finance personnel that I worked with where very helpful and found me an awesome deal. I did have a small issue that was found on the car two months after I bought it but with the help of Bruce and the used car manager the matter was taken car of by the dealership. I am very impressed with the manner in which the dealership took care of the matter and will continue to recommend and do buisness with them in the future. Thanks again Bruce and the whole service team over there.

"We purchased a car on November 23rd. The experience that..."

We purchased a car on November 23rd. The experience that day was long but Ben worked diligently to get everything done. A major problem was recognized the next week on December 2nd. I had a problem with one of Ben's employees who contacted me and I contacted the BBB as well as this rating agency due to what had transpired. I have chosen to revise the previous review. Ben called me promptly after the emails and reviews were received to meet with us. We visited the dealership that afternoon. Ben took great care and provided all relevant information to the problem that they had. While there I was able to get him and the credit union together and Ben and Isabell worked out a plan of action and corrected the problem within a couple of days. Everything has now been finalized. I had another meeting with Ben and we were able to discuss the problems. In closing the salesman and Ben were fantastic and I doubt there will be any problems like this in the near future. I have now purchased 3 cars from there.

"Excellent customer service. I was in dire need of a new..."

Excellent customer service. I was in dire need of a new car and Amber and her manager, Jim, helped make it happen. They were very quick in getting back to me when I had questions and weren't pushy at all. I would definitely go back to them for any of my auto needs in the future. I have already told my friends and family that if they are ever in need of a vehicle to make sure they go to Safford.

Jim (Amber's Manager)