Safford of Winchester

1659 Berryville Pike,
Winchester, Virginia 22603
Safford of Winchester Info
About Safford of Winchester

Safford is excited to be in Winchester. With three other Chrysler Jeep Dodge stores, we always maintain competitive new and pre-owned inventories of Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles. Staffed with experienced sales representatives and top trained technicians, we're here to provide a fun, easy and valuable automotive shopping and service experience. Stop by our dealership today at 1659 Berryville Pike to see for yourself!

About Safford of Winchester

Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 AM

Sunday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Katiemac22630
7/30/2014

"Joyce Rohrbaugh was an amazing sales woman!"

I recently went into to see about my chances of getting a new vehicle. I didnt think I had any, and was very nervous. I met with Joyce when I arrived and she was VERY friendly. She was able to quickly tell me what vehicles were in my price range and though I was hesitant, encouraged me to try a few. When I settled on one, she and her manager very quickly were able to work out a MORE than reasonable deal. The entire time she was very fun to talk to, laughed at my corny jokes and kept me at ease when we hit a small snafu and was able to assure me that everything was fine. Within a couple of hours, we had my financing taken care of, and I had a new car!! I wasn't able to pick it up till the next day, which she had told me was her first weekend off in months... And she came in anyway to make sure that my experience was good and to make sure that I was happy and ok with my purchase since I was still very nervous. I HIGHLY recommend Joyce, and her team. Through out the experience they were very kind, curious, and understanding of my needs.

mnajtwa
7/20/2014

"Best and quickest car buying experience I ever had"

It took me longer to get to the dealership than it did to drive away in my new to me vehicle. I live in Upper Marlboro, MD, which is about a 2 hour trip and I was on my way home in an hour and a half. The sales lady, Joyce Rohrbaugh was very pleasant to deal with. She was very knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. They gave me a fair deal on my trade-in and an even better deal on the vehicle that I purchased. High recommended.

dwofford
7/13/2014

"Great people."

This was the best dealership experience I have ever had. Special thanks to Joyce and Chuck they made the stress of car buying a joy. Both with terrific personalities and more than willing to help with any questions I had. I was looking for a dodge caliber r/t and just so happens Joyce took one in over the weekend. There service dept. Was able to get it in right away and have it ready to go. It was amazing when Joyce called me the following day just say hi and to see if I was enjoying the car. I give this used car dept a 100% score. So if you looking for a new or used car give Joyce or Carl a call for great service and a fair deal on a car. Thank you guys so much for your help.

Brikkhaus
5/05/2014

"Very pleasant experience"

My wife and I are in the market for a new vehicle. We have always liked Jeeps (Wranglers), but have never owned one. On a whim, we decided to visit Safford of Winchester on Route 7. It's not far from our house, and we figured that we would give them a shot. We drove up on the lot, got out of our vehicle and started to meander about. Within a couple of minutes, we were greeted by Nick Kelchner, who was a very pleasant individual. He introduced himself and shook both of our hands. We started to shoot the breeze about the vehicles and what we were looking for. As someone who used to work commissioned in-home sales, I'm familiar with all of the "right things to say to get the customer to say yes", and Nick's vernacular wasn't smattered with them. I was struck with the feeling that he was truly being sincere. I asked him some questions about the drive train, the engine specs, regular maintenance, tires, and the like. He was generally knowledgeable about the product, but admitted that there were some things that he wasn't sure about. He said that he could find out and he would let me know. I found this to be refreshing - the fact that a "sales" guy didn't claim to know everything. He asked what we would be using the vehicle for (highway driving, off-roading, etc) and he engaged both of us equally - taking in all of the input that both my wife and I gave him. We took the Jeep out for a test drive, and I was pleased with how it handled. Not as "trucky" as they had been in the past, but not built as a grocery-getter. Comfortably utilitarian. After the test drive, Nick asked if we had concerns. With two kids, our collective concerns were safety, durability and dependability. Some additional amenities would be nice, but they are wants, not needs. We started to talk about our purchase requirements, and Nick informed me that although the information was important, he wasn't the guy that we needed to talk to. Nick led us inside, holding the door for us as we went through, sat at his desk and started to talk about some options. Leaving the financial information out of the review, after we were finished, I requested to speak to his supervisor. Ben Saadatmand came over and introduced himself. He was a little concerned that he was asked to be spoken to, but I assured him that we had a great experience and I wanted to let him know that Nick did a good job. Working in the customer service industry, I know that most news is usually angry, negative or generally not so good. I wanted to reassure him that Nick did his job professionally, in a friendly manner, conversationally and most importantly, sincerely. Ben was happy to hear about our experiences, and proud of his employee (for good reason). As of the time of this posting, we have not yet purchased the Jeep, but have been in contact with Nick and we are planning on revisiting the dealership this afternoon to complete the credit application to see where our exact financing shakes out. They are working hard to find us what we need and what fits into our budget, and I'm excited to talk with them soon. Sincerely, Dan C.

Nick Kelchner

rainman261
4/14/2014

"Excellent Service and Customer Service "

My car was in an accident and was brought to Safford of Winchester. Their customer service was beyond expectation, they took me through each step, handled the insurance company and true to their word and the work done on the car was perfect. I am 60+ years old and this was my first accident, thank goodness only a rearender but to me it was very traumatic. Everyone understood and the entire process a good experience. Keep up the great work. I will recommend highly to all my friends and customers. Thank you for a great job!

3rdJeepGC
4/06/2014

"This dealership has it down"

I've purchased six new cars in the past 10 years. These have included the "premium" brands, BMW and Porsche. In many of these previous purchases I visited several dealers and wasted a lot of time. I do a great deal of research before contacting a sales person. I don’t expect every salesperson to know as much about the vehicle as I do but they ought to know at least 75 percent of what I know. Some of the salespeople (I haven’t purchased from) didn’t appear to have ever read the brochure, or a window sticker. Greg Saunders knows how to satisfy car buyers. It’s simple, know your product and tell the truth, instead of what they want to hear and then waste their time. He also maintained contact through email for a month, never being pushy, or intrusive. Other than a few boring presentations about the typical dealer moneymakers. I haven’t had much to say about finance managers. The new Grand Cherokee, like even the most basic new vehicle, is very complex and I plan to keep it a long time. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would ever buy an extended warranty on a car I would have referred you to drug rehab. Paulina Ahrens sold me a lifetime warranty, something I didn’t know existed. We have good credit, but she gave us an interest rate far better than I found while shopping around. Biz office experience was excellent! I think the dealership culture may be to treat all car buyers with respect. I think they would also serve you well if you if you were buying a used car with poor credit.

davifam
3/25/2014

"The Differential Debacle"

I had a front differential go out unexpectedly in my truck and had the vehicle towed to Safford of Winchester. The ring and pinion seized for some unknown reason. The staff mentioned helped to get me going again. John Phillip and Mark Cornish went out if their way to help me with my concerns. Thanks again to you all!

Mark Cornish, Kevin, John Phillip

sakaragold
3/19/2014

"Shaun called us from an internet search, he was very..."

Shaun called us from an internet search, he was very pleasant on the phone and listened to what we were interested in. He invited us to meet with him and we agreed. He showed us what we asked him to and did not try to sell us what we were not looking for. Shaun went above and beyond to explain the differences in the 2 vehicles we were interested in. We took a test drive but, he could tell we were not sold on that vehicle. We went inside, he did a search and came up with the perfect vehicle for us at their Fredericksburg location. He truley knows what he is talking about and knows what's in his stock. We are very happy with our purchase in fact that was the best car buying experience we have ever had. We were never rushed or nade to feel like we were taking up too much time. When It was time to go into financng that experience was equally great with Chris Dooley. We highly recommend Shaun if you are looking for a vehicle. The whole Safford team was great.

Jnyr1112
3/12/2014

"I have been shopping for a new Durango for awhile. The..."

I have been shopping for a new Durango for awhile. The challenge was finding one that had the particular features that I wanted. I decided to expand the scope of my local area to find the car that I wanted, and boy was that a good decision. I reached out to Safford of Winchester about a particular vehicle that caught my eye. Right from the beginning, my sales associate (Shaun Hall) was very responsive to my inquiries, knowledgable about the product, and eager to earn my business during the entire purchase process. Safford gave me a great price on my Durango, and a very fair offer for my trade in. All in all the process was very friendly and I feel like I got a great deal. I could not recommend Shaun and the entire team at Safford more highly. If you are looking for a fair trade on your existing vehicle, a great price on your new car, and a knowledgable sales team and finance department, make sure you include Safford of Winchester as one of your must visit dealerships. And don't forget to ask for Shaun Hall, I have no doubt he will earn your business also. Shaun, and the entire Safford Team, my thanks for a great auto buying experience, I could not be more please with my entire buyng experience.

Slifer1962
3/09/2014

"I found a Dodge Charger on line through Safford's..."

I found a Dodge Charger on line through Safford's website. It seemed to be an excellent deal, so I inquired further. The salesman I spoke to was Shaun Hall. I made an appointment to test drive the vehicle that evening. I did so, and liked the car. Afterwards, upon talking about moving forward with the purchase, I over heard Shaun and the finance manager (I do not remember his name) talking about this vehicle. As it turns out, they made a mistake when posting the price of this vehicle online. They were lowering prices of certain vehicles online, and had lowered the price of this one by mistake. However, they stated at the time they would still honor the price it was advertised for (which legally they have to anyway). The paperwork was written up for that price. i had not signed the contract yet, because I wanted to discuss it with my wife, but did tell them it was almost a sure thing, and I would be in touch with them the next day to confirm moving forward. The finance manager wanted me to bring in a print-out of the vehicle listed at the price everyone saw (which already made me skeptical) when I came in the following day. I asked to have it printed right then and there, but he stated they weren't allowed to do that. Interestingly enough, when I got home and pulled up that vehicle online, the price had already been raised back up (go figure). However, since the paperwork was already written up for the agreed upon price, the Shaun said there would be no issue. The next day I contacted Shaun, and told him I would be in to purchase the vehicle. He said everything would be ready to go. Upon arriving, Shaun was finishing up with another customer. The finance manager brought me into his office, and proceeded to tell me they would not be able to give me the agreed on price for the car. He said they had made a mistake in lowering the price on that car, and could not sell it that low. He was going to have to raise the price back up, but as "a courtesy to me, they would split the difference". Quite simply, that is not my problem, and I told him so. The agreed-on price is what I expected to pay, and nothing more. He asked for the print out, which I explained I did not have because the price had already been raised by the time I got back home. His response was "Well, I can't call you a liar, but....". After about another 10 minutes of going back and forth, with him trying to jack the price up, and me refusing, he threw in the towel....but with an attitude I did not appreciate. He acted like I was doing him a disservice, and he was then doing me a favor. I left his office, and told Shaun I would not be completing the purchase. These are cheap salesman tricks that do not work for me. I realize they made a mistake in their advertising, but that is not my problem. They told me they would still honor the price, then tried to jack it up at the last minute. And to top it off, when I told Shaun why I would not be completing the purchase, at the end of that conversation he simply turned his back and walked away. No "I'm sorry"....or anything. Not what I expect from a decent dealership. I am contacting my attorney as well, because they tried to jack up the price on an advertised deal, which is not legal. I will not recommend this dealership to anyone....quite the opposite.

Reviews of Ben saadatmand