Sam Boswell Honda

Gary Smith Honda

Harbrown
1/21/2016

"Worth the drive "

I buy a new Honda every couple of years, usually check the Gulf Coast locations for car and price. Decided to reach out to this dealer hundred and fifty miles away, they had the car and the best price , all transactions went very smooth - - will buy from again

Josh and Sandra

January 21, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are so glad it was worth the drive. We work hard to always give the best prices and service possible. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Arnold1234
1/09/2016

"Dishonest about the car being wrecked and having body work"

Their ad specifically stated under the Vehicle Condition Section: "No known accidents" and "No known body work”. We live in Birmingham and drove to Enterprise to purchase this car because it was a great deal and appeared to be a really nice Pathfinder. We arrived to the dealership and unfortunately it was raining. During inspection, I noticed some screws missing in the fender and asked if it had been wrecked. Their answer was "it has a clean Carfax". I should have pushed harder. Lesson learned. We bought the car and the next day, in the sunshine, I noticed the fender had a crease and was wavy. Not too big of a deal. I would take the car to a paint-less dent removal shop and have it massaged out. However, the shop owner advised that the fender had Bondo in it which means if you push the dent out, it can crack the Bondo and the whole fender would have to be repainted. Also, it appeared the entire front bumper had been repainted as well. Now I'm wondering, to what extent was the wreck? I found a receipt in the glove box left by the previous owner with her contact info on it. I decided to call. I assumed the previous owner wrecked it, had a cheap repair job done, and traded it in, right?? Wrong! She informed that it was wrecked when she traded it in and even sent me a picture of the damage at trade-in! So… Sam Boswell Honda did have knowledge of the accident. Then they put it up for sale falsely advertising that there was "no known body work”. What’s worse, they not only knew about the poor bodywork, they did the poor bodywork. I called and spoke to Josh Byal who seemed extremely embarrassed about the situation and wanted to help. He agreed to cancel the deal and allow me to return the car. I stated that it's a good car and what about fixing it? But fix it right. Josh said that was a possibility. Here's where it goes sour. The next day, I can't get a hold of Josh and get pushed to Jamie Christian who refuses the option to repair it because to repair it right would require replacing the fender and that would cost too much. My only option was to return it. He also stated that it was a good car and that we are too picky. What?! We are too picky! The more I think about his suggestion that we are too picky the more infuriated this makes me. Note they SPECIFICALLY stated on their ad "no known accidents" and "no known bodywork". If expecting a car dealership to not lie on their advertising is too picky, then yes, we are too picky. I think the majority of the population would be considered too picky too. Jaime agreed to send someone to pick it up, which was great, I didn't have to drive 3 hours back to Enterprise. However, we already spent money on this vehicle. We repaired a chip in the windshield, had the missing screws and other parts replaced, replaced a broken visor, purchased an AutoCheck report to validate the Carfax report they gave to me, and bought a $20 bottle of special electric power steering fluid because the power steering was extremely loud and the reservoir was dry. All in, we spent about $120 out of pocket specifically for this car. Plus, the gas to drive from Birmingham to Enterprise and back to get the car. Not to mention how much time we spent. They refused to reimburse us for any of these expenses. In addition, we had a car at another dealership in mind but decided to buy from Sam Boswell because the price was better, and it was closer. Well, unfortunately by the time we returned this car, the other one was sold. Now the end of the year deals are gone, and the only comparable cars are $3k - $4k more than what we could have gotten before the New Year. We wasted our time and money dealing with this dealership.

Jaime Christian, Robert Humphrey, Josh Byal

January 12, 2016

Hello and thank you for taking the time to thoroughly explain your experience. We always hope to give the highest-quality customer service possible, and your detailed feedback helps us to address the issues you mentioned and make sure things are handled differently moving forward.

Out of state buyer beware
1/07/2016

"Refused issue temporary tag for customers from out of state"

My wife and son purchased a truck from them and they refused to issue a temporary tag for the vehicle and when my son went to the Leon County Florida Tax Collector's office to transfer the tag from his other truck he was told it could take Alabama a month to have the paperwork transferred to Florida and that he could not transfer his tag to the vehicle he purchased from Sam Boswell until that takes place and shouldn't even be driving the truck. No one at the dealership informed either my wife or my son of this till after the purchase was completed. So much for honest disclosure. Plus it was a bait and switch deal also.

MIchael Z

January 07, 2016

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback and try to be as transparent as possible. Alabama dealers are not able to issue temporary tags for out-of-state customers. In a case like this, your lien holder is really the only place any paperwork may get caught up. If you still have not received the tag in 10 days, please give us a call and we will follow up from our end.

Fireman0806
1/06/2016

"Amazing Experience "

Just want to say that dealing with Sam Boswell and Chris Campbell was a great experience. Chris went way above and beyond anything he needed to. He felt he could make a deal and he didn't stop until we signed the papers on our new Honda Odyssey. After weeks off other dealerships messing with our credit and just pushing us around. I called and spoke with Chris and told him what was going on and he made it his personal goal to take care of us. We traded in our vehicle and my wife got exactly what she wanted and it's to all the thanks to Mr. Campbell for all his hard work dedication and not giving up on making this deal work. I recommend Sam Boswell and Mr. Campbell for you next purchase location and salesman.

January 06, 2016

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad Chris was able to take care of you and your wife. Thanks again for choosing Sam Boswell Honda and enjoy the Odyssey!

Lisa
1/04/2016

"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Inquired on line and within 60 seconds I had a call back! Chris worked with me to get me the best deal! Hassle free experience!!!

January 06, 2016

Hi Lisa, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We love hearing such high praise for our sales team members. Please stay in touch and let us know if we can do anything else for you!

Brandon
12/18/2015

"Honda takes care of their customers!"

Accidents happen to all but had little mishap with car with help of Josh Byle and Rodger Bailey I was made a deal I could not refuse. Great staff and great care for customers! My wife extremely happen she always wanted a new car for Christmas now she has a new CRV. To make it even better they had a big red bow on it when my wife picked it up! Great job guys!

Josh,Rodger

December 22, 2015

Brandon, thank you for the kind words! We love taking care of customers and are so glad to have helped you give your wife the perfect Christmas gift. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you and enjoy the CR-V!

Fran S.
12/07/2015

"Positive Purchase Experience"

Refreshing, no pressure car buying experience. Chris Campbell was our salesperson. He worked diligently to provide us excellent customer service, so that we left feeling confident about our trade-in and car purchase. Everyone at Sam Boswell was friendly and eager to help us- Chris was never in a rush, even when my test drive went beyond closing time! I highly recommend Sam Boswell Honda and salesperson Chris Campbell.

Sporty
12/02/2015

"Home-style"

From the day I walked in I was treated like one of their own! As a first time buyer I was nervous and all that comes with that first big purchase. I felt and still feel extremely confident in this dealership and I really would like to recommend them to anyone looking into buying a car. Thanks Chris!

Chris

New Red Car
12/01/2015

"First Honda"

We were pleased with the efficiency of purchasing a Honda. The website is well organized and the response of salesman Christopher Campbell was courteous and efficient. The experience was low key and non-aggressive and we would buy from Sam Boswell Honda again.

Christopher Campbell and John Medina

JohnMcCann
11/28/2015

"Absolutely poor"

This is by far the worst dealership I have ever been to. The salesmen rush you to make decisions. I will certainly not be coming back to this dealership in the future.

Robert, Chris

November 28, 2015

Hi John, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are committed to serving our customers in every way we can. Please get in touch with me at daisy@boswellhonda.com, and I will have a manager from our team reach out to you.