Sam Boswell Honda

Makes: Honda|Service Center

Sam Boswell Honda
Sam Boswell Honda Info

"Unethical business practices!"

I traded in a 2011 Tahoe for a 2013 Armada. I live in Fl and did the deal over the phone and had the vehicle delivered to me. Included in the quote out the door price I was told it included title and tag fees. Stewart also said the vehicle would be delivered with a full tank of fuel and two working key fobs. When the vehicle arrived to me the dealership had their delivery driver have the paperwork ready for me to sign and switch cars. The paperwork had the title fee scratched out and nothing about transferring the tag from the Tahoe to the Armada. When I asked that night about how I was suppose to drive the new vehicle around they told me just to drive around without a tag or temporary tag and if I got pulled over just show the paperwork and I'd be fine. I asked them why they didn't do the paperwork for my tag transfer and they said because they haven't got paid by my bank and was holding the title until I they got the funds from the bank. I was stuck without a vehicle from Monday when they delivered the car until Friday when my bank got me a temp tag. My bank also had to do all the tag paperwork which cost me nearly $400 out of pocket that I wasn't expecting to pay and was told was included in the "out the door price" as all dealerships do. The vehicle also came with two key fobs and only one worked. When I told them about the issue they said oh well it's your problem now. I also requested a copy of the carfax and the repair order and Robert said he would send me a copy and has failed to do so! This dealership is awful and has bad business practices. I don't see how they can continue to conduct business unethically!!

Stuart,Robert,Josh,Alen,Jody

Sam Boswell Honda responded to this review

August 29, 2014

I spoke with Mr. S. around Aug 5th to address his concerns. After this, he went back on DealerRater & misrepresented our conversation. For a more detailed response to this post, visit the Better Business Bureau of AL, as we have posted a response that better details the transaction with Mr. S. and includes email documentation to support this. Furthermore, I will not allow my teams’ integrity to be attacked on or off-line. # 1: Dealership failed to do title & tag work. No one at our dealership told Mr. S. that we would do the TITLE OR TAG work. We told him the price would include the taxes & fees listed. We have 2 emails b/t him and our salesperson that shows total price with NO TAG OR TITLE FEE. In the final paperwork the AL title fee of $16.50 which is included by default was crossed out since it does not apply to out of state customers. #2: Manager said vehicle would have full tank of fuel. I checked with the manager & he agrees he did tell Mr. S this. We have sent Mr. S. a check for $75. Initially, I wanted to verify that we offered this since it is not customary to fill up a vehicle when we have paid for gas and a driver to deliver it 5 hours away. #3: Manager said the vehicle would be delivered with 2 working Key fobs. I have spoken to the manager & he did not tell Mr. S. this. If the Fob is not working, we will be happy to get a new Fob at dealer pricing. I also recommended that Mr. S replace the battery as this may solve the issue, but if it does not, my offer to assist with a new Fob still stands. #4: Title/Tag no temporary tag. We do not apply for a temp tag for any customers in or out of state customers. They drive out with a license plate with the dealers name on it for up to 20 days. If the customer has the purchase documents dated within 20 days & drive out plate we have never had a customer have an incident with law enforcement. Our goal every day is to provide our customers with vehicles they can depend on from people they can trust.

Sam Boswell Honda responded to this review

July 31, 2014

Dear Mr. Schueler, First and foremost thank you for your business, and I am sorry that you are upset about your experience working with my team. It is not my policy to handle customer issues via social media, and I do have an open door policy for all of my customers and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about any of your concerns. I would like to clarify however, how our dealership handles title fees for out of state purchases. As a company, we cannot include title fees or temporary tags for out of state sales as we are not an agent for any state other than Alabama. This is why the title fee was excluded from your paperwork, and a temporary tag could not be provided as Alabama does not issue temporary tags. As I said, I would be happy to discuss your experience further, and I am usually in the office Monday to Friday from 8 to 5 at 334.347.1288. Thank you again for your business.

"Dwight Tew"

Outstanding experience! Everyone from the salesman to finance mgr. Vehicle was well preped. I would definitely recommend this dealer. I am a satisfied repeat Honda customer.

chris Campbell

"As a very well versed car buyer, this was my 39th..."

As a very well versed car buyer, this was my 39th vehicle. Sam Boswell has something most dealers miss the mark on, CUSTOMER SERVICE. I contacted Chris Campbell about buying an Accord or a CRV. I told him I do not play games with numbers and will walk away in a second. He was nothing but professional and answered every question with a smile and right away (even 10:30pm from his home). Every conversation was ended with "Thank You for the opportunity" When I decided to drive the 2.5 hrs from home to look at the vehicles, he had them out front waiting and was very helpful. My wife and I drove both and chose the CRV. We were greeted and again, thanked for the opportunity by the sales manger Mike. This was no typical sales team. I needed to make a change to my purchase paperwork that was an error on my part and they sent a driver 2.5hrs from there dealership for me to sign the change. No dealer I have dealt with in over 15 new car purchases has ever impressed me this much. I shopped other dealers for this purchase and Sam Boswell beat all others on price, respect and no sales pressure. Definitely worth the 2.5hr drive. AAA CUSTOMER SERVICE

"The absolute best automobile buying experience of our..."

The absolute best automobile buying experience of our life! No pressure, great demo, knowledgeable, friendly and courteous salesmen! We highly recommend Sam Boswell Honda for your next car or truck purchase!

Josh Beene and Josh Byal

"We had a great experience with Sam Boswell! We will..."

We had a great experience with Sam Boswell! We will definitely do business with them again in the future! Excellent customer service! Have already recommended them to others!

Miguel, Kenneth, Brian

"All so nice and works hard for the customer josh Beene is..."

All so nice and works hard for the customer josh Beene is an exceptional sales person. Josh Bayle and Allan will do everything possible to make it work out AAAA+++

JOSH BEENE EXCEPTIONAL HARD WORKER. MY SECOND VEHICLE!!

"We came in just to look at a vehicle...we ended up..."

We came in just to look at a vehicle...we ended up getting an offer we couldn't pass up and I took home a 2010 Volkswagen CC Luxury. I got exactly what I wanted for my trades, and even got an extended warranty for a GREAT price. I looked at over 20 dealerships in Alabama and Florida for a car that fit what I needed, for over a year and a half, and I found it in my hometown.

Dominic Overton

"This is my second time using Chris Campbell at Sam..."

This is my second time using Chris Campbell at Sam Boswell Honda in a 4 year time frame, He is well versed in the products, honest, and takes the time to ensure your in the make and model you desire. I called him up and told him what vehicle I would be looking at, and he had the new Honda Accord parked right up front, and meet me within a minute to welcome me to the dealership. Chris and everyone at the dealership go out of the way to make the car shopping a true experience. Chris takes the time for follow-ups on my new purchase. I appreciate all he does. It is the little things that brings the customers back. Thanks Kevin

Chris Campbell

"I was met with a smile and a handshake, asked my..."

I was met with a smile and a handshake, asked my interest, shown the vehicle, answered any questions I had then rode in and drove the vehicle. There were certain needs my wife and I had which were the reason for trading for the new Honda CR-V. Those needs were met in the CR-V, we have only been on a 6 mile trip but are happy. This is my fifth Honda, all purchased at Sam Boswell Honda. The employees are friendly, helpful, and want to satisfy every need I (the customer) have. I highly recommend Sam Boswell Honda to anyone and everyone I meet.

Jody Dorrill, Dwain Tate

"I could not have asked for friendlier people. Everyone..."

I could not have asked for friendlier people. Everyone said thanks when we left after buying our Honda. We were able to test drive and loved our Honda

Jodie