Read Reviews Seacoast Volkswagen

95 Ocean Road
Greenland, New Hampshire 03801

Manufacturers: Volkswagen, Service Center

based on 2 reviews

Overall
3.4

3.4 out of 5

16 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Seacoast Volkswagen

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Seacoast Volkswagen

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"I recently purchased a 2012 beetle turbo. I had..."

Tireissues
3/1/2013 5:00:12 PM

I Recommend This Service Center: No
Dana carachiaro
Al
Steve st'onge James the parts manager.

1.8

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

I recently purchased a 2012 beetle turbo. I had unfortunately got a flat in the right rear tire. I went to SeacoastVW in greenland newhampshire to have my flat repaired. I was greeted by Dana carchiaro at the front desk. I explained my flat to him he said he could order me a tire An 18inch Bridgestone taranzza, for my car. i said Dana said you can only buy them in sets( complete lie) but he would not sell me just one. I had no choice but to take the hit" $495" dollars worth of tires. I said ok cause it was snowing out and needed to get home. I then had the tires replaced about 4 hours later due to the delivery difficulties on a specialty tire like this. I did not mind paying this much for tires or the dishonest sales tactic used on only selling a set, but it had to be done. So with the tires installed i payed the bill and went on my way. Upon leaving driving the car due to the out of round tires I purchased (Unknown at the time) I was greeted by a horrible loud whooping sound when achieving around 35 to 45 miles an hour . I turned around and went back to the dealership so they could inspect the car. I was then told by the wonderful service man Steve St' Onge that my new tires were out of round and had to be replaced again, so I would have to come back. Again the next day after work I went to Seacoast to have my tires replaced and was greeted at the desk By one pissed off Al, who I did not have the privilege of his last name to me to sit and wait like a 5 year old in the chair. After having my tires replaced with another set out of round tires I was on my way to being greeted by the same loud noise that said hello to me on the prior day. Seacoast would not replace them again leaving me to go to another dealership to pay for another set of round tires normal tires to the tune of $ 1050 dollars. I then brought the defective tires back to seacoast which they accepted and would still not refund my monies. So now I am in process of court to recoup my monies. with no help form Seacoast Volkswagen. This dealer ship is one dishonest bad business practicing establishment. I would be very aware of dealing with this place. The Owner wont even talk to you in the event of problems. His name is Doug, he will take your money but not help you with a minor issue like tires. Avoid this place at all costs. Follow this story on Facebook and twitter.....

Twitter
"I purchased a 2013 Passat TDI SE from Seacoast in October..."

simul8guy
2/18/2013 11:37:26 AM

Derek

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

I purchased a 2013 Passat TDI SE from Seacoast in October of 2012 and it was one of the best sales experiences I've ever had. The sales staff is very knowledgable, friendly, and no pressure. On this purchase I had a pre-negotiated price through USAA buying service. Seacoast accepted this price with no hassle.

My experience with Seacoast VW service has also been excellent. In January during extreme cold weather I experienced the dreaded 'diesel fuel gelling' issue which prevented the car from starting when the diesel fuel stopped flowing. This is nornally caused when a fuel dealer doesn't properly winterize diesel fuel by mixing it with 10% kerosene. Technically a problem like this is not covered under the VW warranty because it's not a problem with the car itself, but Seacoast took care of the issue and charged me nothing. The service advisor also told me that several other customer cars had been towed in with the same issue and all had purchased fuel from the same station (AL Prime) and recommended agianst purchasing fuel there.

I'd highly recommend this dealrship to anyone.

Twitter
"I've waited a while to give this review, a bad service..."

ajkrans
6/13/2012 10:21:23 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Mike Hookailo
Doug Miles

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

I've waited a while to give this review, a bad service experience from a co-worker rekindled my memory. I have extensive documentation of these claims that I am happy to share via email if it prevents someone else from doing business with Seacoast.

I bought a 2007 "Certified Pre-Owned" Volkswagen Passat Wagon from this dealership in July 2011 that was in horrible shape. After completing the paperwork to purchase the vehicle, the key I was given would not start the car to drive away from the dealership. The key was not programmed to the car, which is one of the "comprehensive series of checks" to which these cars are subjected. I'm not sure if Seacoast just never checked any of the items on the list of required CPO verifications, or if the service department is just incompetent.

My local service shop, Dupont's (excellent by the way) used their checklist and found a fist-sized dent in the transmission pan, body damage, brake wiring held together with electrical tape, an oil leak, and broken under panel, all of which did not meet corporate VW requirements for certification. I know these were all issues that should not have been overlooked because I had extensive contact with the regional and corporate heads for VW certified vehicles, who could not force Seacoast to return the vehicle, but did provide financial compensation and the promise that "no one else would have these issues".

The response from the dealership showed a true lack of any concern or consideration for the fraud and misrepresentation. Only after going above the head of Seacoast's used car manager, Mike Hookailo, and even the dealership, to VW corporate, did I get any real response from the dealership. This goes right to the top. Doug Miles, the owner, was informed right through the process and made no effort either to dispute my issues, of once they were proven even to their employees of Seacoast, to make this right. In fact, he was a presence behind the curtain, only acting in his own financial interest to make it as difficult as possible to me to emerge whole and get out of this predicament. Even are their own service manager confirmed each and every issue with the car during an in person inspection, they would not respond to my request to return the car for a full refund. I needed to hire a lawyer, file a lawsuit, and move towards arbitration before any real response was received.

This dealership provided the worst customer experience I could imagine. All the bad stereotypes of car dealerships were reinforced. They basically slapped a CPO label on a banged up car, ignored me when I came back with legitimate complaints, then only responded when my lawyer pushed to them towards arbitration action (which would require them to pay $1,000+ to initiate). I would not recommend this dealership to anyone for any car needs - new, used, or service.

Contact me if you want any documentation.

Response From: jonrobshaw
Added: 6/30/2012 3:04:07 PM

This review was done almost a year after the customer had an issue. There is always two sides to any issue we have reached out to this customer by phone and email and he has chosen not to get in touch with us. We take a lot of pride in our customer satisfaction including trying to help anyone out that has a problem but can't do much when they won't give us a chance.

Response From: ajkrans
Added: 7/10/2012 10:10:26 PM

The response from Seacoast was either from a person so uninvolved they don't know what they're talking about or was purposely naive to dismiss the review.

The only outcome I wanted took place a year ago (repurchasing the car) and I've included some of the email exchanges with both the manager and owner (Doug Miles). To say Seacoast wasn't aware of this circumstance and therefore couldn't help is laughable, but folks can read the exchanges and judge for themselves.

From: Allan Krans [mailto:abkrans@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:19 PM
To: Mike Hookailo
Cc: dougm@seacoastcars.com
Subject: Re: Passat CPO Issues

Mike and Doug -

We're willing to accept $15,600 for a repurchase of the car. That will be our final offer to resolve this outside of arbitration. If you choose to accept that offer, we would sign a bill of sale and odometer statement in return for a check for that amount.

Let me know your decision regarding this final offer tomorrow.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Mike Hookailo wrote:

Allan,

We will be more than happy to make a check out to the American Arbitration Association for $1350. Perhaps you are not aware that even if you had purchased a NEW vehicle and you prevailed at the New Hampshire “Lemon Law” hearing your refund would be reduced based on the number of miles driven. In the interest of expediting the matter we would consider repurchasing the vehicle for $15,000.00.

Mike

Michael Hookailo
Seacoast VW
603-436-6900

Allan Krans

9/14/11

to doug, Hookailo
Doug -

I accept that offer, subject to review and approval of the documentation beforehand. Can you please prepare, scan, and forward a copy of the documents?
doug dougm@seacoastcars.com

9/14/11

to me, Hookailo

Mike will prepare the documents on Thursday. We do not scan. You will have the opportunity to review before signing.

From: Allan Krans [mailto:abkrans@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:32 PM
To: doug
Cc: Hookailo Mike

Subject: Re: Passat CPO Issues

Doug -

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, doug wrote:

Allen,

We will repurchase the vehicle for $15,600.00 subject to the following conditions.

1. the car in same condition as when last inspected

2. a signed authorization for payoff and assignment of title (the green form), prepared by Seacoast

3. a signed odometer statement, prepared by Seacoast

4 a signed used car bill of sale/emissions form, prepared by Seacoast for $15,600.00

5 a loan payoff check to Northeast Credit Union for $13,678.21 good till 9/24/11 (any excess per diem will be refunded to Mr. Krans by NECU)

6 a check from Seacoast to Allan for $1921.79.

Please contact Mike on Thursday to schedule a time.

Doug Miles.

Twitter
"We were looking for a specific Jetta and Seacoast had it...."

ashliec18
3/26/2012 8:19:44 AM

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

We were looking for a specific Jetta and Seacoast had it. Initially, that is why I inquired. I called and asked for lease prices on the car. Within 15 minutes I was called back with the prices and they were amazing! I called back our sales person, Lee, a while later and asked if we could do paperwork over the phone as I have a two year old. I was able to take care of all the paper work and get an approval over the phone before ever leaving my house. When we arrived at the dealership the car was cleaned and ready for a test drive. They worked hard to get us a great, and I mean great, price on our trade. Nothing was hidden at all through out the sales. They were super accommodating to us and our son. Everything went quickly and smoothly. We left there and truly felt great about our experience. We were considering many different cars over the last month and could not be happier with our decision to go with Seacoast VW and our red Jetta! I love it!!

Twitter
"I stay in Maine and was looking for a new 2011 VW GTI. I..."

nagesh84
11/5/2011 7:55:08 AM

Meredith WIlson
Brian Cartier

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

I stay in Maine and was looking for a new 2011 VW GTI. I found the car with the options i wanted at Seacoast VW. The price they were offering was very good and below invoice. I tried negotiating it a bit further but Meredith WIlson who is the online sales consultant explained to me the pricing and simply said they cannot go any less than what they were pricing it at. Honest and Upfront.

When i went to the dealership, as i already knew i wanted a GTI and the price quoted was nice, it was a busy day. Brian Cartier was the sales person who took it over from Meredith. I was trading in my old car and they offered me a nice price on it, perhaps knowing that i was interested in buying the new GTI. Once everything was agreed, it took about a hour and a half to sit down with the finance manager. In the mean time, Brian must have said sorry about 2-3 times that i had to wait.

I do not remember the name of the finance manager, but it all took less than half an hour. He tried to sell me the extended warranty. I refused it and he did not get into telling me how it will not affect my monthly payment etc. This was nice to hear as many finance managers get into this"monthly payment" criteria and frankly speaking, it is none of their business. There were no extra dealership documentation fees and any other "hidden" fees. Their website says so, that the final amount quoted is inclusive of everything.

The only reason i went to seacoast was because they were offering a great price on the GTI and none of the dealerships in Maine had the car with the options i wanted. However, overall it was a nice experience at Seacoast.

Twitter
"They got the job done. Electrical repairs can be tricky..."

cboivin
9/22/2011 11:59:59 AM

Dana
Ethyl

4.4

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

They got the job done. Electrical repairs can be tricky but in the end they came through. When they had finished the job I told Dana I was dissatisfied with some things and he worked with me to solve all the problems. I admire that he went the extra mile for customer satisfaction.

Twitter
"Great dealership, very care free environment. Was handed..."

carwatcher88
4/30/2011 4:55:19 PM

Lee Whitney

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

Great dealership, very care free environment. Was handed the keys and told to take it for a ride, even before I had given my license over. Never have been given such a care free experience from a dealer before. Took it for a ride, returned it and had a frank conversation with Lee about the pos. and the neg. Usually salesmen are trying to shove cars down your throat, but Lee was cool, collective, and hasselfree, the best type of salesmen there is. Didn't buy a volkswagen, but just dealing with him made me want to. Thanks again Lee!

Twitter
"Had a very good experience with these guys. We bought our..."

NewMama
2/4/2011 1:59:28 AM

Service folks

4.4

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

Had a very good experience with these guys. We bought our VW TDI from them about eight months ago and I happened to be in their area again when I got a 'flat'. I had my baby in the car with me so rather then sit by the side of the road waiting for AAA, I drove in without an appointment. They man and the woman behind the counter looked like they'd had a long day, but they greeted me courteously and had the car looked at immediately. 20 minutes later I was on my way, the 'flat' was nothing but ice buildup and they didn't charge me for the experience. Very happy customer!

Twitter
"As a family, our experience with this dealership has been..."

nadata
1/27/2011 9:11:57 AM

Chuck Buzzell

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

As a family, our experience with this dealership has been excellent.

We bought a 2007 Passat here several years ago and the staff was knowlegable, friendly, and patient through the entire process. One young sales associate cheerfully escorted us from car to car in the pouring rain.

We currently service two Passats here and couldn't be more pleased with Chuck Buzzell's team. They are exceptionally knowledgeable, upfront and accommodating.

The strength of this team of professionals is obvious with each visit.

Twitter
"Went in to buy a used car, ended up leasing a new 2011..."

rdemeule
12/20/2010 7:18:52 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Denise
Mike

My Review Of Seacoast Volkswagen:

Went in to buy a used car, ended up leasing a new 2011 Jetta. Got a very good price for my car. Mike was fair and helpful. The salesperson, Denise, answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable. When I went to pick up my car she explained every button and switch and even programmed my phone to take advantage of the bluetooth that came with the car. All told, a very good experience.

Reviews 11-20 >>