Sheldon Motors of East Brunswick

VIP Auto Group

Deluxe Auto Sales

CautiousCarBuyer
8/03/2016

"Car engine exploded within one year of purchase "

We purchased a 2002 PT Cruiser and within a couple months noticed that there was a problem with the engine: the car was overheating, and we were constantly filling up the coolant, which brought us to the conclusion that there was a head gasket leak. Well, the engine exploded within a year of trying to maintain a TERRIBLE car that Sheldon Motors sold us. Upon removing the engine and taking it apart, we found that the engine was filled with sealer. It seems like they filled the engine with sealer so that it would run for a while, and, ultimately, break down after purchase. I will NEVER purchase a car from them again, and I do NOT recommend anybody else does either. Please note: while the previous owner of the car could have filled the engine with sealer, it is still entirely suspicious that Sheldon Motors would purchase such a car to then sell on their used car lot. If they are in the car business for so many years (however many they claim), they could spot such a problem in a second. However, they felt comfortable enough selling the car to my family, only to have the engine blow up. Shame on them.

Car buyer
6/04/2016

"Great "

Bought a beautiful car for a great price, great service. Would recommend to anyone looking for a car, much easier then looking in any dealership.

Cory

penguinmaster55
4/30/2016

"HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

I have done business with Sheldon Motors in East Brunswick NJ for both my car purchases, and both times it has been easy and the service and quality of my visits have been superb! 10/10 would recommend. Thank you guys! Brendan Carr

Omar and Cory

shimeka924
3/09/2016

"GREAT EXPERIENCE"

I went to Sheldon Motors to buy a car and they (Cory) worked with me all the way. Now I have a nice car at a Great low price! Thank you guys! Shimeka.

Cory Andrea

sandiM
1/26/2016

"Car Purchase"

My car buying experiences have never been good. I was misled and pressssured about everything. Then I was referred to Sheldon Motors and thought I should have discovered them years ago. They were very upfront and straight forward. They made sure the price and payment was in my budget explained all terms and conditions and got my loan approved without a co-signer when other dealers could not. The price and payment was what they quoted unlike the other dealers. They also gave me a higher price on my trade in. I am so happy with my experience at Sheldon Motors. It was so easy to get a nice car and drive away the same day. Thank you for honestly and loyality to your customers . I love my Mountaineer and I will recommend family and friends to your dealership.

Omar and Cory

Mklcrbn
1/04/2016

"Lemon"

I purchased a 2006 pontiac grand prix GT in july 2015. 6 days after the warranty was up i found a leak on the timing chain cover. Big job mostly labor. $700+. He (corey) told me he would call the gulf station on RT 18 who does all his big work. I suggested we split the cost. After waiting 2 weeks and not hearing from corey or the gulf station, i called them myself. He never called and was avoiding my calls. Needless to say. I had to fix it at my expense. Never again.

Omar

Zh31
5/18/2014

"Never again worse dealer I ever have dealt with"

I bought a 2001 Chevy impala LS with 66,000mi on the engine from Sheldon directly last week I test drove the car, drove it for a couple miles and it was fine. After I took it home I started noticing problems the car was shaking and the temp of the car wasn't right it was over heating. I called the dealer back they told me to bring it back and the mechanic will fix it. I brought it back they fixed it saying they replaced the radiator and the radiator cap, what kind of mechanic doesn't notice before the car gets put on the lot that is was overheating and the radiator leaking. After I got it back the car still wasn't right and the temp wasn't either. I drove the car to NY and back and also saw the miles weren't clicking over as they should!! Today in the morning I went to start my car and the car overheated with the radiator blowing up on me. I checked the oil and I smelled fuel off the dipstick. Overall the car isn't worthy for the road and this dealer should be shut down. Never again will I come back everyone else who is looking for a car look pass this dealer and find a different one.

Sheldon

chip123
11/04/2011

"These people are very honest and professional. I Would..."

These people are very honest and professional. I Would Describe my car purchase Experiece from Sheldon Motors Rt 18 East Brunswick NJ as easy , fun and enjoyable. My parents Purchased my first car from Sheldon Motors when I was 17 years old. A 1978 Camaro that I ran in to ground and treated me very well. Three Months ago my daughter just started driving so they where the first place I thought of. They still Have a great slection of cars and all very clean and many of them are one owner vehicles. She wanted a 2003 Jeep Liberty, they showed us the carfax a one owner vehicle ,showed us it was a personal vehicle not a work vehicle this was very important to me. We settled on price which was well under KBB value they serviced and safety inspected the car before we took it and even replaced the brakes at no extra charge to us. MY daughter loves her 1St car from Sheldon Motors. They Were a pleasure to deal with Cory and Omar are very professional. They should know how to do it right they have been around for more than 50 Years. I highly recommend this Dealer

cory

kaw
3/12/2008

"We bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant and they were as..."

We bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant and they were as friendly as can be -- that is, until the car was off the lot. A week after getting the car home, we discovered that the cruise control did not work at all. We left messages and at first were told that the cruise control was a luxury item and not covered at all by their warranty (remember, this was discovered 1 week after taking ownership of the car). Subsequent calls were never returned. When we brought the car to our own mechanic, he said that the cruise control was actually missing from the car. Somebody had actually removed it! It is costing us $600 for our mechanic to put back a part that we just assumed was in the car. It never dawned on us that a dealership would not disclose that a significant part was missing from a car. We have no idea if Sheldon Motors actually removed the part but since their mechanic supposedly went over the car "with a fine-tooth-comb", this surely should have been disclosed. We would never buy a car from Sheldon Motors again and I recommend that anyone considering buying a car from Sheldon Motors look elsewhere. They do not stand behind their cars once they are driven off the lot.

Cory & Stephen Schiffman

tozier9
8/29/2007

"LIERS...They lied about an accident the car was in. The..."

LIERS...They lied about an accident the car was in. The kelley blue book prices were incorrect on the cars. They said that since the accident was not reported to carfax that they didnt have to tell us about it. They said it was in excellent condition based on kelly blue book, which means no accidents, body repair, or anything!! They refused to take the car back. NEVER EVER GO THERE!!

Steve and Corey