Solomon Chrysler Jeep Dodge Carmichaels

Carmichaels, Pennsylvania 15320
Solomon Chrysler Jeep Dodge Carmichaels Info

Thebdygrd
6/06/2016

"Great place to buy a truck!"

I recently purchased a used CPO 2014 Ram from the Brownsville dealership. GREAT DEAL!!! Chad was a great Salesman. He was courteous and knowledgeable. Also there was no pressure at all when test driving or to buy.

Chad Palcic

laura1969
3/15/2016

"sales team"

went in wasnt pressured or bombarded at all. our salesman dave was great. they did all they could to get us financed and we walked away with a new dodge dart.

dave

Cinderella19
3/03/2016

"Great and friendly atmosphere "

My husband and I just purchased a new 2015 keep grand Cherokee off of solomons. They were absolutely amazing to work with! They did everything they could to get me my perfect jeep, from sales to finance, it was the best vehicle purchase I have ever made. I will be telling all of my friends and family to go there , they will not disappoint !

Tony , trish.

DodgeOwner304
7/27/2015

"Awesome Experience!"

I have read some of the other reviews on this site for this dealership and I have to say, whatever problems might have occurred in the past, they are definitely not present now. The sales person, Rich, was friendly and knowledgeable. The finance person was equally friendly and knowledgeable. People were available to answer my questions, my wife's questions, and the one time I had to wait on Rich because he was with another customer and I hadn't thought to tell him I was coming in, I was offered coffee and the keys to the Dodge I was considering purchasing. I would have to say my experience here ranks at the top of my experiences at Dodge dealerships.

Rich Donovich

August16
6/19/2015

"Great Sales team!!!!!"

I bought a Dodge Ram from Andrew I love the vehicle and Andrew was so polite and friendly!!! The whole experience was great!!! I would recommend any one to this dealership!!!

Andrew

maverick689
10/17/2014

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!"

My husband and I were in the market for a new Jeep Cherokee. I searched the internet for who had what I was looking for and for the lowest price. And Solomon's had the lowest listed price. The first red flag went up when we walked around the parking lot looking for this vehicle that was listed for half an hour and we couldn't find it. NOT ONE PERSON came out and asked if we needed help. So we walked into the showroom and at least 3 sales people were sitting at their desk and not one had a customer! My husband and I had to walk up to someone and ask where this Jeep was that was listed. Apparently, the owner was driving it and had it at their sister dealership. When asked about the price that was listed on their website, the salesman stated, "Oh that's with all possible rebates and incentives, most you probably wouldn't qualify for. We just do that to get people to come in." That was the second red flag. We asked if there was anything else that was similar and so on. They drove around a similar model so we could take a look at it. At this time, he didn't explain any of the controls, features, luxuries, NOTHING. He went on to ask if we would like to take a test drive. We agreed. He handed me the keys and said "Take it down to Walmart and back." Which is a straight shot maybe a mile down the road. Didn't offer to go with us to show us anything! Third red flag. If this Cherokee wouldn't have been what we were looking for and pretty much sold itself, we would have left at this point. We got back and said we were interested and what kind of payment we wanted. If the payment was right, we would buy it. They took a look at the truck we would be trading in and gave us a figure, which the salesman had the audacity to blurt out he was surprised it was worth that much. We sat at the salesman's desk for an hour and a half and maybe saw him twice for 5 minutes. No explanation of what they were doing. He finally comes back with this OUTRAGEOUS number that wasn't even close to what we discussed. Finally we left and I told him thank you for wasting 4 hours of my life. Afterwards, come to find out, they "shotgunned" our credit (which another dealership had to explain to us later on). Which meant they sent our credit app to at least 15 loan companies without even letting us know. We ended up buying a new Dodge Ram. From another dealership of course, AND they offered my husband $4,000 more than Solomon's was going to give us for his trade in! I would NEVER recommend them to ANYONE. I honestly don't know how they stay in business, probably by ripping people off.

unknown

suckah tubeyew
8/04/2014

"Childlike Liars and very Unprofessional"

The manager/sales crew at Solomon auto are more childlike than they are professional. First off, let me say I've purchased vehicles before: Chrysler New Yorker '89, Chrysler Le Baron GTC '96, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '02, Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo '04 all from different dealers throughout the Pittsburgh region; each of these previous purchases were carried out by professional dealers. @ Solomon, you get salesman like Anthony who lie straight to your face and everything else. The skid plate(which guards the gas tank on the car I purchased) had a massive lead plate welded to the bottom of it. this plate was rusted to the point that the edges were crumbly, and the weld job(I've welded) was POOR to say the least. After Anthony argues with me that, "it's fine," he contemptuously asks me, "you want me to get a mechanic?" He returns with this guy, and like a trained monkey says to me, "Oh that's factory[implying the cheap, rusty lead patch weld on the skid plate was off the assembly line from the Jeep factory]." I called him on it and they stuck to their story; I suppose they assumed I'm some clown who doesn't know a thing or two about getting jobs done. This of course is just one cube in the glass. Anthony reminded me of my young child. There was eye rolling, dramatic emphasis on having to walk or get out of his chair, when I decided to go back to buy the car(believe me, I searched for hours online and THIS CAR SOLD ITSELF) he actually kept his back to me the entire time the sell was closed with the insurance lady and I shouted, "Thanks Anthony" as I walked out with the key in my hand. They tried to charge me for a new plate and actually installed it(Anthony did work!) on my car, even though I told and showed them several times that I had my old plate. The facilities earns 2 stars because the 'test drive' was a STRAIGHT line, half of which I wasn't permitted to drive because it's their companies insurance policy. DEAD SILENCE during the test drive as Anthony just sat there completely unwilling to sell anything. I finally asked, "How am I suppose to know how this thing handles on this straight quarter mile drive?" And the contemptuous child Anthony shined again, "You get to turn into the dealership and again at the corner of the building." I'm sorry, but taking two turns in an AWD vehicle at 5 mph does nothing for someone test driving. During my first visit I double checked that all four place mats were in the back of the car(with the white pads of course on the floor). When I returned to buy the car I should've known better by these characters' standards but I didn't check, and although 3 place mats had been placed under the white mats my driver's place mat was nowhere to be found when I got home 2 hours away(another intentional cheap shot just like the license plate). I called my local Jeep dealer for a price, it was hundreds. The vehicle I purchased had two previous owners and had been around for years, but for some reason after owning it only a month the automatic film on my driver's mirror is completely distorted and renders the mirror useless at night. This situation has been awfully unsafe...and very suspicious as well. There's so much more to explain the TRASH standards @ Solomon auto, but it should be obvious to everyone because those are the standards you achieve when every single employee is a member of the family or a close friend. Hey Solomon, hire real adults who want and need jobs; not children like Anthony whom wants to sit and play on his smart phone the whole time whilst he masquerades himself as a professional salesman. HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED!! Go to real dealers!

Anthony & Manager

spence65
6/06/2014

"Horrible Visit w/ Solomon Jeep - Confrontation Sales Manager"

By far the worst visit ever to a dealership. I just read some of the review here and seems like this is a pattern with the Sales Manager. The Salesman (didn't catch his name due to the obnoxious Sales Manager) was possibly a good guy but I didn't get to determine that as the Sales Manager was overbearing, obnoxious and bottom line a jerk - all within the 10 minutes I was at the dealership. I couldn't take this guy anymore so I got up and went to my car and the sales manager followed me to my car door like he wanted to fight me. Very confrontational, aggressive. I told him I would never buy a car from him and he said he didn't need my business anyway. I think he is the son of the owner Norman. Wow. Unbelievable treatment of a potential customer. Wish I would have read the reviews before I went.

Sales Manager (Owner's Son Possibly)? and a Salesman

Romalynn7
3/08/2014

"Would not recommend. Lack of professionalism and business..."

Would not recommend. Lack of professionalism and business skills. I have never been treated like that. Very hot tempered employees. Treated very disrespectfully. Worst experience I have ever had at a dealership. I wanted to trade in my truck for a new truck. Sales lady became irate when I turned down the offer. I felt physically threatened when I left the dealership - sales lady and her manager followed me into the parking lot. Manager screamed across the parking lot that he didn't need my business anyways.

Sales lady and her manager

mooresg2
11/26/2013

"We purchased a used Dodge Journey from Solomon on a..."

We purchased a used Dodge Journey from Solomon on a Friday at 4pm. Within 30 minutes of the purchase, we were back at the dealer because the front brake system locked up. Because it was Friday at 4pm, they were not interested in diagnosing the problem or even looking at the vehicle until Monday morning. It is now Tuesday morning and we still have not been able to take possession of the car. We are being told that parts had to be ordered and that they didn't come in yet. We are still waiting on the car to be repaired. They did provide us with a loaner car on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning it had a flat tire and we noticed that the gas tank was EMPTY. When I called to speak to Brian Solomon about this, he became irate when I told him how unsatisfied we were. We are actually considering returning the car and going to another dealership. We put a $2700 down payment toward the car and they have already cashed that check. We feel that a good gesture would have been to refund half of our down payment. They could incur the cost of that themselves, for the amount of trouble and poor service that they have shown us.

Brian Solomon