Spradley Barr Fort Collins

Phil Long Ford of Denver

Vickie
7/03/2015

"Pushing Service Contracts"

I bought a certified pre-owned Mazda from Spradley Barr Mazda, but was taken to the Spradley Barr Ford finance office where I was very persistently pressured into buying a service contract even though I kept saying I didn't want a service contract. I only finally consented when I was told I could cancel it if I wasn't happy with it for a pro-rated amount of time left on the contract. Now I am seeing that the contract can not be cancelled by me, but only by them if I don't comply with their terms. I wish I would have just got up and walked right out of there when I kept saying no and he kept asking me again and again which contract I wanted. I am also still waiting for over 2 1/2 months for the title paperwork to get done right and might have to renew my temp tag for a second time again next week.

Scott Thomason

Brett
6/26/2015

"Our second purchase from them within the past year"

We just completed purchase of our second Mazda in a year from Spradley Barr Mazda in Fort Collins this afternoon. Ken Barteau is largely the reason we bought the first vehicle and he is exclusively the reason that we returned today. He doesn't play games, is extremely courteous and refuses to treat us as customers with anything short of honest respect. There is none of that old-time "good cop/bad cop" crap and nobody attempted to hard sell, ever. Today, while the dealership didn't have anywhere close to the vehicle that we wanted, they ultimately offered to buy what we wanted from another dealer and deliver it to our home 80 miles away tomorrow morning. To be honest, I would not have agreed to such an arrangement with any other dealership that I have ever purchased from, principally for fear that drama would ensue. I had no hesitation in shaking hands with Ken on this deal because I genuinely trust him.

Ken Barteau, Nick Carestia

Martha
6/26/2015

"Excellent sales & followup"

Bought a 2015 Mazda 3 in March. I had not bought a car since 96. The sales team was knowledgeable & respectful. The test drive was adequate enough to get the feel of how the car handled. I have called or stopped by a few times with questions and every one has been super helpful in all categories, sales, finance, maintenance & the lot team. The Mazda 3 is an awesome car & kudos to the staff that made it a positive experience.

Dillon, Lot Team, Ken Barteau, Scott Thomason, Nick Carestia

Dustin Couture
6/04/2015

"Great Sales experience. Horrible experiences after the fact"

My husband and I purchased a nearly $70,000 truck form Spradley Barr, a 2015 F-350. Within a couple thousand miles it developed a very serious and violent shuddering, best described as a flat tire feeling at about 60 MPH, along with this was a loud knocking coming from the engine. We brought it in and figured no big deal, they'll fix it. Over a MONTH later (in the mean time driving a $10,000 dodge dart rental piece of crap) they had made the appropriate repairs, except the problem still exists. Spradley Barr has offered no assistance with trying to get Ford to help out with this issue, they recognize it as an issue but claim there is not a fix, so we can deal with it and hope for a fix in the future or trade it in. Thus my reason for posting a review. They offered to trade me out of the truck, costing me close to $10,000 additional dollars for the same exact truck (but one that runs correctly). At that point it is only feasible that they would simply put this up for sale on their lot even with a known issue. They really pushed for this, claiming to want to make it right. $10,000 difference in trade and then pawning the problematic truck off on someone else is not making it right to either me or the next person. Beware, although friendly, they are concerned only about their bottom dollar and will leave you hanging unless you are bringing money to the table.

Mark Newendyke, Anthony Jurgens, Joel Brown

BMcC
5/17/2015

"First decent experience at a car dealership"

I came in to the dealership with vehicle problems. A salesman, JP, asked if he could assist me and I explained I was having my current car repaired. Jp asked if I had considered a newer truck. He took the time to show me new and new-used trucks. Explaining the warranties, incentives, etc. I explained to hi I was in grad school and wouldnt be purchasing until Dec. This did not phase him a bit. He continued to educate me on the vehicles and the process I would encounter when I was ready to purchase. I can promise you it will be JP that I see when I am ready!!

JP Farrar

jackie
3/19/2015

"Have a friend for life!"

After getting turned down at Chevy went and saw Joel Brown. What a truly genuine person. Not only made the buying experience easy but walked away knowing i have a friend for life. Anyone needing a car please go see Joel you wont be disappointed

Deb Ireland, Joel Brown

Stacey2627
3/04/2015

"Great experience "

We recently bought a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe from spradley barr Fort Collins, shout out to our salesman Joel Brown for the great deal and fantastic experience.

Scott Thomason, Joel Brown

Jmikkola8
3/01/2015

"Easy and friendly"

Just bought a f250 superduty 6.7 from spradley Barr ford. Joel brown made the transaction simple. Would buy from again. Even financing was quick

Joel Brown

tweetie60
2/13/2015

"Buyer Beware"

Last week we encountered our worst car dealership experience at Spradley Barr in Fort Collins, starting out we made an offer for the 1994 Ford truck we were buying, John Mendoza and Bobby Spaddy were helping us, we came to the dealership and the price was full price on the paperwork, we said we made an offer $300.00 less and John said "No" you misunderstood, that was the beginning of a bad experience, we had to put $1000.00 down on our credit card to be able to take it to our mechanic, Bobbi said they go through the vehicles with a fine tooth comb, Not So!!!!! We were jacked round on the financing, I told them I wanted my own bank and John said okay, we got there and they were shopping credit unions, we sat there for 3 hours while everybody ran around. After the mechanic checked it out It had major issues to the tune of almost $3,000. We were able to back out but now we are fighting them for our $1,000.00 back to no avail. John and now Doug Delano will not return any phone calls. To back track, when the orginal price was , as they say misunderstood, they said to make up the difference they would give 2 years of oil changes , that seemed reasonable until we found out everyone gets that deal. This dealership is not good, stay away. On the good side for us we found a truck at Mercedes Benz of Loveland, we were treated with the utmost respect and I would highly recommend them. , The Finance went through without any games and we left very satisfied customers.Just called Doug again and there was no answer.

John Mendoza and Bobby Spaddy, Scott Thomason

Dmauro
1/08/2015

"Customer service and service department"

We bought the service plan when we bought our 2013 Ford Edge Limited and 3 out of 6 times we have brought in our car we have waited 4hours for an oil change and tire rotation, another occasion the Car had dirty hands all over the drivers side door, visor, & steering wheel, the third time after picking up my car from an oil change I made it a mile from the dealership and my car gave a low oil pressure message and turned off in the middle of four lane highway in the middle of rush hour traffic. I called spradly for help. I was sent to an answering machine. I left a frustrated message and called back the receptionist and she said "I can't help it that don't answer their phone and she couldn't get me a live person and put me through to yet another voice message. I finally got a call back from a man who asked me to put my key under my mat and abandoned my car. I asked if he was taking responsibility for any cost or damages that may happen by me leaving my car in the middle of a very heavenly traffic roadway he said "no" "that's why you have insurance". It was very cold and the only tow truck driver he was willing to use was in another town about 40 miles away dropping off another car. So after numerous calls and talking to the most worthless people I have come around in my years of customer service experience I will never use that dealership again and will share my experiences with my friends and family. My husband and I will be purchasing a new F250 and he has already received great offers from a dealer in Texas and before this happened I said you know if you talk to spradly about what you found in Texas I bet they will work with you. Well after all this heartache and fustration I told him were flying to Texas. It's not worth the pain and fustration to work with this dealership again. Oh and yes it was the service department that caused my car to end up frozen and un drivable. It was the air filter that was plugged causing no air flow and the sensor error went off shutting down my car emediatelly. They did apologize but the crap I went through to get the service was unacceptable.

John in service department