Spradley Barr Fort Collins

Spradley Barr Fort Collins
Call
Spradley Barr Fort Collins Info
About Spradley Barr Fort Collins

Spradley Barr Ford Ft. Collins has been an active part of the community for over 26 years. We are locally owned and operated. Customer Satisfaction is a number one priority. Feel free to browse our inventory online, request more information about vehicles, set up a test drive or inquire about financing!

About Spradley Barr Fort Collins

"Thanks Jim"

Jim Dockery was wonderful to work with. He is knowledgable, and experienced, and pleasant. We would definitely return to Spradley Barr, and largely due to Jim!!!

"Senior Service excellence"

As new CO residents, we were unfamiliar with any dealerships in Fort Collins. Luckily we chose SpradleyBarr and Mazda. Excellent all around service. As senior citizens, we appreciated the extra time Dave and Tim took to explain all of the amenities of the Mazda.

Tim Barteau Dave Jones

"Some very fine people"

The first day I met with Greg Davis. We went for a test drive and he did a great job explaining the ins and outs of the Mazda3. I would not have gone back the second day if it was not for Greg. The second day my consultant was Ken Barteau, as Greg was busy with another customer. Ken was very patient in helping me find the car I felt comfortable driving and made the actual buying process and paper work feel less cumbersome. I would also like to mention a lot guy named Hank. He was so friendly and energetic and made smile. He seemed to really enjoy and take pride in his work which is a very nice thing to see. So far I am very happy with most of the dealership. I hope I am just as satisfied with the service department.

Greg Davis

"everything you fear when buying a new car"

Where to begin.....I was swindled, lied to, treated poorly and dealt with a salesman that really couldn't tell me much of anything....about anything. The car sold itself. I had fallen in love with the car online and I knew I would be happy with it having had a Mazda in the past. I was lowballed on my trade in and given no explanation as to why. I was told the title for my trade in would be no problem to obtain when really it took MONTHS of work to sort that out. I was lied to in terms of being told my husband and I needed to come back to the dealership to give the spare key for my trade in because it had been sold. It had NOT been sold. It was a ploy to get my husband to buy a car as well. I suffered and still suffer from a massive amount of buyer's remorse in having found out after the fact that I was offered a really outlandish price. I love the car but I rue the day I went to that dealership to purchase it. Don't avoid Mazdas, avoid this dealership. Can't say enough negative things about my latest car buying experience. I regret not listening to the voice in my head that told me to just walk out and go elsewhere. Needed a new car and got one but wished I had been able to do so wihout feeling violated and lied to.

Cody Bray

"Great experience!"

Enjoyed selecting my new CX5 with the information supplied by the knowledgeable staff. Ken was able to answer my questions and help me compare the models I was interested in. He always responded to my inquiries promptly and kept me posted during the process. LOVE my new vehicle!!

"I hope you have better luck with this dealership"

Our buying experience at the dealership was not that good because of the following reasons: Note: this is a buying experience on Mazda, the form did not have this choice. 1. Although the dealer website stated “price match guaranteed”, they would not match a written price quote from Lakewood Mazda. 2. On the day we purchased the car, the computer system in the dealer was down, we were given a handwritten bill of sale and were told to come back next day to pick up printed paper work. 3. After we drove home, we realized the second key didn’t work because the key was for another vehicle. so we have to drive back the second day to get the right key as well as picking up the printed paper work. 4. After we got home we found the paper work were wrong, the VIN and description were for another vehicle. To us, this is a major error and we had to call the dealer to report this. Once again we had to take the long drive second time to the dealer for the corrected paper work. They didn’t give us a copy of the car title, until we get the actual car title in the mail in few week, we still have some doubts whether all the paper work are in order. They did full up our gas tank for our trouble. 5. There was a $499 dealer fee that was suppose for paper work and vehicle prep. We didn’t notice the vehicle was dirty because it was dark by the time we drove home. We also noticed the vehicle had some handling issue at highway speed on the way home. We were hoping the service dept would test drive the car on a highway to see if there was any real problem, but they just test drive on a local street at 60mph for few seconds and declared everything are fine. We checked the tire pressure next morning and all four tires were around 45 PSI, which was way over the 36 PSI spec. The car seem to handle the road better after we set the tires to the correct pressure. The person who described various vehicle features didn’t do a good job either because we found out some of the features she talked about were not applicable for our car. Updated 9/4/2014 We received the title application and other paper work from the dealer by certified mail. When we bring the paper work to our local DMV office to register the car, we were told the tax info on the paper work was wrong and we couldn't register the car. While we were at the DMV office, they left 2 phone messages to the dealer's title clerk to call back but no one call back in 30 minutes. The DMV told us to come back next day may be the title clerk would call back by then. We checked with the DMV the next day and were no one call back. So we called the dealer's title cleark and she told us she never got the phone messages. We explained the paperwork error to her and she just told us change the paperwork ourself and put down her initials. We told her we shouldn't do that and told her to call the DMV office to explain the error.

Victoria, Ed (the trainer from Oregon)

"Good experience.....Pretty Fair treatment"

I purchased a new vehicle from Spradley Barr Ford in Ft Collins a few weeks ago. Overall, I feel that I would return to them in future. I purchased a SVT, so my ability to maneuver on price was somewhat limited, but I believe that they treated me well. I would have liked the cleaning/detailing to be a bit sharper, but as the vehicle was detailed in the early am, and the deal closed many hours later, I think this is a mute point. My only issue would to have been credited a little more on one of my trades, but again, since was dealing on an SVT, wiggle was limited.

"LAZY STUPID SALESMAN"

I bought a used car. When I attempted to register the title I was told that it was not the title and could have been arrested. No title search had been done by Spradley Barr and they took their own sweet time to get the situation resolved. They even expected me to come back to the dealership to get it myself and put a stop payment on their check for tax and title. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Chip or something

"Pre-Owned Hassle"

When I purchased my pre-owned vehicle several years ago, the early part of the experience was quite good. The associate was friendly and helpful, and we were promised that they would help us get financing. Just to be safe, we explored getting a loan through our bank and got a quote from them. Three days after we were told we would hear from the dealership about our financing, we called them back as we had heard no word at all. We were told that they were unable to get financing (good thing we had a backup plan). About a week after we drove the car off the lot (a 2005 Camry with good history, purchased in 2010), the check engine light came on. We took it back to the dealership, expecting that a vehicle purchased from them so recently would at least warrant a free diagnostic to figure out what was wrong with the car they sold us. We had no such treatment. We were told rather bluntly that, since the vehicle was pre-owned, they were not responsible for any pre-existing problems and would not do anything to help us out. After several trips to our own mechanic (who did comp us a couple diagnostics since the problem recurred), it was determined that an emissions filter in our car was installed backwards when we purchased it. Furthermore, new emissions standards kicked in a few days after we purchased the car that required it be able to pass emissions standards (which Spradley Barr was able to circumvent having to comply with since they sold us the car a few days before the new law kicked in). After we determined the cause of the problem and contacted the dealership again, we were again told that they would do nothing to help us resolve this pre-existing problem with a car they sold us not one month before. I will never purchase a vehicle from Spradley Barr again and would caution anyone and everyone not to do so either. This is a business that follows not a customer satisfaction model, but rather caveat emptor: Let the buyer beware.

I do not recall the names of those I dealt with

"JP is the man!"

After being treated like garbage at a Mazda dealer (we were only there for 5 minutes) my husband and I were feeling quite upset and on edge about dealers. When we got to the Ford dealer we meet JP right away and he asked if we needed help. Being gun shy about sales guys we said we were good and he just left us alone.... like in a good way. We were not ready to chat with him and he had nothing but respect for that. When we did find a car we liked he was quick to come help us but even then we never felt pressured or like he was being a pest. In fact quite the opposite, by the time the papers were signed and we were ready to drive off the lot JP seemed like more of a friend then a salesman. He is the kind of employee that gives a new name and feel the the old concept of car salesmen. Keep that guy around!

JP!!!!