Spradley Barr Fort Collins

Phil Long Ford of Denver

Jj
9/01/2015

"Horrible Service"

I have been using Spradley Barr for all of my trucks since they're the only Ford dealer in town. That has been well over a decade. And every single time they have either tried to charge me more than quoted, tried to say other things are wrong when not, or completely screwed up the simplest things. But what they have done every single time is been the rudest most arrogant POSs in the history of car service departments. The most recent, one of their mechanics went through my console and found my car charger and left his phone plugged in when I came to pick it up. I doubt they needed to test the cig lighter for an oil change. That was presumably BEFORE they broke my antenna off in the car wash and thought I wouldn't notice. The only reason they got a 2 is because we have had good experiences buying vehicles. But as others have pointed out they are relentless with the service contracts.

Tyler

Peg2589
8/17/2015

"Worst customer service - EVER!!!+"

Took our diesel in for service. $200 repair turned into $3000 and the truck would not run an hour after we left. Ended up having to go to another dealer for the repairs. They found "left over" parts under the hood. Had to redo all the work they did. Told us that if the original repair had been done correctly all the additional work would have never needed to be done in the first place. Paid another $3000. Ford wouldn't return our calls. Went to the bank with all of the paperwork from both dealerships and diagnosis from the dealership that finally fixed the truck and the bank reviewed all the documents and stopped payment to Spradley Barr finding justification for not having to pay for this disaster. Spradley Barr has since turned us ober to collection for this. They would not talk to me. Just basically too bad, go away. We have everything needed for a lawsuit except maybe the time or the patience. We'll see. Maybe they should make sure their employees are qualified before allowing them to tamper with a $40,000 truck? Ya think?!!!

Ivan, Service Manager (name in my file - cannot remember

Ak3421
8/15/2015

"Poor service"

The experience I had at this dealerships service department will make me think twice about buying a Ford again. While traveling through Colorado was having mechanical trouble with my F150. Stopped into this dealership hopping someone could look at the vehicle so we could continue our trip. Long story short the person in the service department could have cared less.

No name

Rtkaddict
8/04/2015

"Top Notch Sales Manager - Before AND After the Sale Service"

Even though I personally have no interest in owning a Mazda product I took my 2014 Ford Explorer (1 of 2 vehicles I've bought specifically from Nick) to the Mazda store specifically to deal with Nick. It was one of the last vehicles Nick sold when he worked at the Ford shop down the road but his service and level of commitment to excellence during the sale has always followed through after the sale as well. When I took it in and had issues with the service department I immediately turned and asked for his help. He immediately took ownership of the case, provided me with a loaner, and even helped my wife change over the carseats when she picked it up. If only he still sold Fords ...I would make sure I bought my next vehicle from him and no other. Keep up the excellent customer service Nick.

Nick Carestia

Unhappy
8/02/2015

"Refuses to Cancel my Extended Warranty"

I, too, have had a problem with this dealership. They push these service contracts on you until you give in. These warranties can be cancelled even though they say they can't. It's right in the contract that you can cancel at any time. They will not respond to my letters or phone calls. I guess I have to get a lawyer to get them to cancel these warranties in order to get a refund; which, by the way, is pro-rated from the date you bought the car. The longer they stall, the less money you receive. I love my Mazda, but will NEVER return to this dealership for another vehicle nor will I recommend them!

Nick Carestia and Steve Thompson

Vickie
7/03/2015

"Pushing Service Contracts"

I bought a certified pre-owned Mazda from Spradley Barr Mazda, but was taken to the Spradley Barr Ford finance office where I was very persistently pressured into buying a service contract even though I kept saying I didn't want a service contract. I only finally consented when I was told I could cancel it if I wasn't happy with it for a pro-rated amount of time left on the contract. Now I am seeing that the contract can not be cancelled by me, but only by them if I don't comply with their terms. I wish I would have just got up and walked right out of there when I kept saying no and he kept asking me again and again which contract I wanted. I am also still waiting for over 2 1/2 months for the title paperwork to get done right and might have to renew my temp tag for a second time again next week.

Scott Thomason

Brett
6/26/2015

"Our second purchase from them within the past year"

We just completed purchase of our second Mazda in a year from Spradley Barr Mazda in Fort Collins this afternoon. Ken Barteau is largely the reason we bought the first vehicle and he is exclusively the reason that we returned today. He doesn't play games, is extremely courteous and refuses to treat us as customers with anything short of honest respect. There is none of that old-time "good cop/bad cop" crap and nobody attempted to hard sell, ever. Today, while the dealership didn't have anywhere close to the vehicle that we wanted, they ultimately offered to buy what we wanted from another dealer and deliver it to our home 80 miles away tomorrow morning. To be honest, I would not have agreed to such an arrangement with any other dealership that I have ever purchased from, principally for fear that drama would ensue. I had no hesitation in shaking hands with Ken on this deal because I genuinely trust him.

Ken Barteau, Nick Carestia

Martha
6/26/2015

"Excellent sales & followup"

Bought a 2015 Mazda 3 in March. I had not bought a car since 96. The sales team was knowledgeable & respectful. The test drive was adequate enough to get the feel of how the car handled. I have called or stopped by a few times with questions and every one has been super helpful in all categories, sales, finance, maintenance & the lot team. The Mazda 3 is an awesome car & kudos to the staff that made it a positive experience.

Dillon, Lot Team, Ken Barteau, Scott Thomason, Nick Carestia

Dustin Couture
6/04/2015

"Great Sales experience. Horrible experiences after the fact"

My husband and I purchased a nearly $70,000 truck form Spradley Barr, a 2015 F-350. Within a couple thousand miles it developed a very serious and violent shuddering, best described as a flat tire feeling at about 60 MPH, along with this was a loud knocking coming from the engine. We brought it in and figured no big deal, they'll fix it. Over a MONTH later (in the mean time driving a $10,000 dodge dart rental piece of crap) they had made the appropriate repairs, except the problem still exists. Spradley Barr has offered no assistance with trying to get Ford to help out with this issue, they recognize it as an issue but claim there is not a fix, so we can deal with it and hope for a fix in the future or trade it in. Thus my reason for posting a review. They offered to trade me out of the truck, costing me close to $10,000 additional dollars for the same exact truck (but one that runs correctly). At that point it is only feasible that they would simply put this up for sale on their lot even with a known issue. They really pushed for this, claiming to want to make it right. $10,000 difference in trade and then pawning the problematic truck off on someone else is not making it right to either me or the next person. Beware, although friendly, they are concerned only about their bottom dollar and will leave you hanging unless you are bringing money to the table.

Mark Newendyke, Anthony Jurgens, Joel Brown

BMcC
5/17/2015

"First decent experience at a car dealership"

I came in to the dealership with vehicle problems. A salesman, JP, asked if he could assist me and I explained I was having my current car repaired. Jp asked if I had considered a newer truck. He took the time to show me new and new-used trucks. Explaining the warranties, incentives, etc. I explained to hi I was in grad school and wouldnt be purchasing until Dec. This did not phase him a bit. He continued to educate me on the vehicles and the process I would encounter when I was ready to purchase. I can promise you it will be JP that I see when I am ready!!

JP Farrar