Stamford Kia

Generation KIA

Premier Kia Of Branford

Btarzia
12/01/2014

"Great experience with amazing people"

I decided it was time for a bigger and safer vehicle for myself and my 15 month old son. Tommy V was so helpful and made the process quick, easy and enjoyable. I highly recommend going to see Tommy, he will take amazing care of you. I am now in a 2015 Kia Sportage and I couldn't be happier!

Tommy V. Jay Wright

BethAnn456
11/15/2014

"Pre owned vehicle wanted"

I went to this dealership to look at pre owned vehicles, Tim and Ernesto of this dealership were both instrumental in finding me a solid, quality used car. Thank you, Beth

Tim and Ernesto

joannad522
10/25/2014

"Great experience:)"

I recently leased a Kia Sportage from Stamford Kia. First off I was greeted by Ernesto who was friendly and polite. He was very knowledgeable and gave me several options to choose from to meet my budget and make this possible. Afterwards, Rocky brought me to their lot to look at the selection of Sportages. Rocky was also very friendly and pleasant to talk to. Both seemed genuine and sincere. I went back the next day early afternoon-I decided on the white Sportage but due to schedule constraints, I needed to complete the deal before 3:00. Talk about team work! Ernesto got several staff members together, including Rocky, and somehow they managed to get the car freshly washed and ready to go and all the paperwork done before 3:00! At that point, Rocky sat in the car with me and thoroughly (and patiently) explained all of it's features in an easy to understand fashion. Overall it was a very good experience from beginning to end. Thank you Ernesto, Rocky and everyone at Stamford Kia. I LOVE my new car:)

Ernesto and Rocky

Kara Gillespie
10/21/2014

"Awesome!"

The staff here is so friendly and helpful, not pushy at all. Everyone I spoke with was super knowledgeable and really listened to my needs. I left this dealership knowing I would be making my purchase here. Awesome Customer service!

Robert Ricucci and Jay

keishaH
10/20/2014

"Amazing Experience"

I was look for a car around the tri state area. I went to Ny, Nj and i went shopping here in Ct. Finally i stopped by Kia of Stamford in Stamford, ct. They understood my situation and sold me a car with in a week. I love this dealership because the specific model that really wanted but it took them a week to get it to there dealership. i was very happy with there customer service. All this time i overlooked a great dealership that was right under my nose. Thanks Kia of Stamford.

rochelletoepelt
9/17/2014

"Friendly, helpful, and they even greet you by name"

This is the first time I've leased a vehicle so I went back to the dealership 4 times before deciding upon my Kia Optima. Each time Tommy, my salesman was incredibly patient. And being technically-challenged, I've been back three times since I leased the vehicle getting assistance with pairing my I-Phone, and understanding the vehicle's features. I highly recommend this dealership to anyone interested in purchasing or leasing a vehicle. Everyone greets you by name and is very helpful.

Tommy

callmebowie
9/12/2014

"That Check Engine light sure is bright"

We recently purchased a used 2003 Saab from Kia of Stamford, and were working with Ernesto the sales manager. Financing was taken care of prior to arriving at the dealership and it was then just a matter of test driving the car and signing the paperwork. As we had to drive from Manchester, we did not arrive until just after closing. Ernesto was very patient while we made our decision. Up to this point everything was great, but then as I pulled out of the parking lot the check engine light came on and a loud rattle started in the front end. Ernesto had left at the same time so I sent him a text message letting him know. I took the car to a local shop and found the bolts for the front lower ball joint were completely loose, causing untold damage to the car's front end. After less than a week of ownership, the car completely broke down. I changed the spark plugs and discovered oil leaking into the firing chamber, as well as three out of six spark plugs that had no gap. I've called to speak with Ernesto no less than 30 times and left countless messages, have spoken with the service manager (who is infinitely better when it comes to customer service than anyone in sales), and still nothing. I am now sitting here with a several thousand dollar paperweight. Avoid this dealership. Your pocket book will thank you. Update: Since posting this review, the situation has only gotten worse. Ernesto begrudgingly agreed to repair the car, so long as I removed this review. After driving from Manchester to Stamford, leaving the car in their possession for three weeks, and then returning once again to pick it up, only one of the many issues was addressed - they claim to have replaced the faulty SAI pump. That issue came right back up on the drive home, though, when the check engine light came back on (the code was read, once again revealing the SAI pump to be faulty). They refuse to believe that the rusted out exhaust could even possibly be in need of replacement and instead removed a functioning exhaust hanger and, in its place, put some weird apparatus while neglecting to fix the exhaust leak or the exhaust hanger that had rusted off. They also said there is no shaking or vibration issue (which can be experienced by even a short drive at highway speeds), and that there is no oil leak. All of these issues have been verified by another shop. So why is it that Kia of Stamford seems unable to recognize these major mechanical and safety issues?

Ernest, Jay

wwb4
9/08/2014

"1.5 mo to get deposit back on vehicle I did NOT purchase...."

Had initially contacted this dealership to purchase a used vehicle in their inventory. As a potential out of state buyer I negotiated a price with a Sales Manager and made a $1,000.00 deposit towards the purchase of the vehicle, with the balance to be paid upon delivery. The deposit was made the second week of July, however the deal ultimately did not work out and the vehicle was never purchased. Fast forward to the end of August, and when reconciling bank balances, I realized the deposit was never returned. I immediately call the dealership and ask to speak to someone in finance, and am connected with a Mr. Jay Wright. I inform him of what had happened and that my deposit was never refunded, and he informed me that he would forward my request to the business office and they would handle my refund (this was on a Thursday). Assuming that everything was fine it wasn't until I saw no refund that I reached back out to him the middle of the following week and was informed that they would more than likely have to cut me a check (I had made the deposit with a temporary card issued by my bank, and that card was no longer valid as my permanent card had been since been sent and received) due to the fact that I no longer had the card that was originally used and they do not do refunds to a different card. He informed me to follow up the following day which I did and it was at that time that I spoke with Ernesto DePiano (whom informed me that he was only a Sales Associate however was in actuality a Sales Manager-this was confirmed by their website in addition to by the receptionist that answers the dealership's main line) whom informed me that he was very "diligent and efficient" and would follow up with me in 30 min. 2+ hours came and went and I reached back out to him and he told me that he had good news and that I could file a claim with my bank for an improper charge and once I provided them documentation of this they would then refund my deposit to any card of my choosing. I informed him that was unacceptable, as when I filed a claim with my bank they would go ahead and provide a refund themselves, and told him that I would be filing a complaint to BBB. He acted as though he didn't care and was quite indignant and dismissive. I immediately went to a local branch of my bank, and told my banker what had transpired. They were appalled and offered to call the dealership on my behalf in front of me. She got Mr. Jay Wright on the phone and informed him that both my temporary and permanent cards shared the same number with the only difference being the expiration date and he cut her off saying ".....we do not care and that is our policy and we are not issuing a refund to his card." After going back and forth he explained that they did not want to return to a different card due to possible fraud (how is there possible fraud when the dealership already has the money and is refusing to refund it). After my banker threatens to escalate things to the authorities, he finally agrees to a refund, and gets on the phone with me and apologizes. These people are a JOKE. My advice to you and anyone considering the purchase of a vehicle from this dealership is to take your business and money elsewhere.

Ernesto DePiano, Jay Wright

Cocokrisp
7/13/2014

"Outstanding Dealership"

I had an extremely positive experience purchasing my vehicle at Kia Stamford. I walked in terrified and cynical and left a few days later relaxed, overjoyed with my beautiful new car. I had intended to initially just go for a test drive after having a lesser experience at another dealership. I was immediately ushered to a comfy seat while they got a set of keys for the test drive. I didn't have to sit for a half hour while they gathered information. They met my needs right away. Rocco took the ride with my friend and I. He answered my questions and made good suggestions as far as different roads/surfaces to drive on to make the most of the test drive. After the drive I was given comparisons/options/suggestions etc. and I never felt pressured to make an immediate decision. They were able to locate the exact vehicle I wanted and promised delivery within 24 hours....I decided and they delivered, great price on my trade in and the entire deal was very positive. Rocco, Tommy, Ernesto and Jay are all great upstanding guys (good senses of humor too) who treated me with respect and I always felt they had my best interest in mind. This was the most comfortable large business transaction I've ever experienced and I recommend this dealership to anyone and everyone looking for a new or used car.

Rocco, Tommy, Ernesto and Jay

arlenebarlow
7/05/2014

"Arlene Barlow"

The Kia of Stamford dealers were excellent when it came to their service center. Many employees helped me out. I had to drive 2 hours to the dealership , but it was worth it. I got a great deal on my vehicle. I'm proud I made the right choice going to this dealership.

Jay,Ernesto,Mike