Stamford Kia

Premier Kia Of Branford

Rafael
3/01/2015

"BEWARE "

I am most disappointed and dissatisfied with my experience here. I feel as if i have been taken for a ride... scammed even. I initially contacted this dealership to purchase a used 2004 Saturn Ion . I agreed to come check out the car in a day or so. When I got there I saw the car, gave it a look over and went inside to get the keys to further inspect. I was escorted to the car warmed up and running. It looked and sounded alright and after a quick test drive i proceeded with the paperwork. As Im signing the documents i was advised that they have to charge me a mandatory dealer conveyance fee of $379. I was noticeably bothered as i could not get an explanation what that was for.The next thing i thought was odd was a pretty aggressive pitch to have them register the car as well as being asked several times how soon i could return the dealer plate as they couldnt provide me with a temp plate. At that point I thought I'd rather register the car myself.I asked earlier if i can mail the plate back was advised yes but i guess it changed after i paid them for the car..I sign a "Temporary loan of motor vehicle" form... I inquired about that and received yet another sketchy answer. . Anyway It was late, cold and I was ready to leave, just to be told that the title wont be available until the am.Went back to a hotel near by again got in the cat started and ready for me to go.... The following morning i started the car and notice that Traction control light off popped on the screen and then went away. Well it does that every time i start the car. I also noticed the car was getting a bit louder upon arrival at Kia i Mentioned these concerns and it was quickly pushed aside and was told about the weather and how this car was the only one to didnt give them problems the other day... Needless to say I left with the title and headed home. That evening i decided to go get it washed since it was dirty I started the car and now it sounds like a speedboat vibrating and all. I immediately called the dealership, and was told to bring the car in the following morning. When I arrived I was then told they wouldn't be able to look at the car that day. I insisted i wouldn't leave otherwise. I was asked why am i there and who told me to bring the car inn....After a little wait i hear the car start and 4 minutes i am advised that the exhaust is shot and there not willing to do anything about it and it will cost me nearly $600 to fix it. This was insane,all of this in 24hrs after leaving with the title. I stooped at a mechanics shop down the road and had the car looked at since i was afraid to drive and inhale the fumes on my way back home. The mechanic told me that there is no way that the dealership didn't know about this they have had to know what was wrong with it.....Its amazing that i got multiple emails from the kia manager prior to this incident but when i emailed him about the issue i have not had any reply !!! Looking at the previous comments about Stamford kia this isn't the first time something like this has happened....I feel like the bud of a God awful Joke and wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy.I will be contacting the BBB

Mario/Ernesto Dont know the name of service person

traceyd7
1/16/2015

"KIA OF STAMFORD EXCEPTIONAL PLACE..ERNESTO IS AWESOME!!!"

I just picked up my 3rd Kia from Kia of Stamford. Ernesto, Jay and Mario couldn't have been more helpful. It took me 2 days to pull out of the lot with my new 2015 Kia Sorento.. It was a painless pleasurable experience. I would recommend going to them before anywhere else. It's small personable but with big hearts...

ERNESTO

CrotonDriver
12/31/2014

"A great car, poor service experiences"

I had to get rid of a car that I love—2013 Kia Optima--because of bad experiences with Kia of Stamford. The sale was simple. I knew the color, model, and features I wanted, so I walked in a pre-sold. Yonkers Kia had failed to locate the model after three visits and broken promises. A single phone call to Stamford solved that issue. I was delighted with the car, a terrific vehicle that matches or surpasses far more expensive makes. The poor service began immediately. First a few little things: The car did not have a manual, requiring a drive back to the dealer. The USB cord box was empty. A cord was mailed after more calls. Worse, I was hustled into buying wheel insurance, a ripoff. The service was friendly but ineffective. I put in a warranty claim that the seat coolers were malfunctioning – the cooling had severely diminished over time. A computer test found they were performing fine, so that was that. My claim for a wheel damaged by a pothole was pooh-poohed by a service guy--“curb rash” wasn’t covered. Still, he promised to file a claim on my behalf. Never heard back. In early December the car wouldn’t start, so I called Kia Roadside Service. After a long delay, a guy showed up in a car – not a tow truck – and tested the battery. “Kia’s known for its lousy batteries,” he said. The battery needed a replacement, he determined. A tow truck was then called, another long delay, and my car was towed 35 miles to Kia of Stamford. The battery was merely dead, Stamford Kia said, needing a recharge. So tow was the unnecessary? How to get my car back? Kia Roadside Service has nothing to do with us Kia of Stamford, the service dept told me. They are independent 3rd-party contractors. I’d have to pick the car up. A call to Kia corporate in California increased the frustration. They had no control over dealerships or Kia Roadside Service--pass-the-buck-a-rama. To be fair, after a few days of back and forth, Stamford Kia did drive my car back and parked it in the garage. It was a muddy mess, the clock wasn’t reset, and ….. I called Stamford Kia a few more times (service manager, dealership owner) and told them I couldn’t afford the car anymore. I had lost too much time at work dealing with the service issues. I asked them to buy it back from me. They promised to call me back with a price. Never did, even after I left a few more messages, emails. I’ve cut my losses and traded the Optima in on a new car. Kia makes great vehicles. But the service is not to be trusted, at least not in Westchester/Stamford.

George D'Angelo, John Gentillo, Ernesto

Btarzia
12/01/2014

"Great experience with amazing people"

I decided it was time for a bigger and safer vehicle for myself and my 15 month old son. Tommy V was so helpful and made the process quick, easy and enjoyable. I highly recommend going to see Tommy, he will take amazing care of you. I am now in a 2015 Kia Sportage and I couldn't be happier!

Tommy V. Jay Wright

BethAnn456
11/15/2014

"Pre owned vehicle wanted"

I went to this dealership to look at pre owned vehicles, Tim and Ernesto of this dealership were both instrumental in finding me a solid, quality used car. Thank you, Beth

Tim and Ernesto

joannad522
10/25/2014

"Great experience:)"

I recently leased a Kia Sportage from Stamford Kia. First off I was greeted by Ernesto who was friendly and polite. He was very knowledgeable and gave me several options to choose from to meet my budget and make this possible. Afterwards, Rocky brought me to their lot to look at the selection of Sportages. Rocky was also very friendly and pleasant to talk to. Both seemed genuine and sincere. I went back the next day early afternoon-I decided on the white Sportage but due to schedule constraints, I needed to complete the deal before 3:00. Talk about team work! Ernesto got several staff members together, including Rocky, and somehow they managed to get the car freshly washed and ready to go and all the paperwork done before 3:00! At that point, Rocky sat in the car with me and thoroughly (and patiently) explained all of it's features in an easy to understand fashion. Overall it was a very good experience from beginning to end. Thank you Ernesto, Rocky and everyone at Stamford Kia. I LOVE my new car:)

Ernesto and Rocky

Kara Gillespie
10/21/2014

"Awesome!"

The staff here is so friendly and helpful, not pushy at all. Everyone I spoke with was super knowledgeable and really listened to my needs. I left this dealership knowing I would be making my purchase here. Awesome Customer service!

Robert Ricucci and Jay

keishaH
10/20/2014

"Amazing Experience"

I was look for a car around the tri state area. I went to Ny, Nj and i went shopping here in Ct. Finally i stopped by Kia of Stamford in Stamford, ct. They understood my situation and sold me a car with in a week. I love this dealership because the specific model that really wanted but it took them a week to get it to there dealership. i was very happy with there customer service. All this time i overlooked a great dealership that was right under my nose. Thanks Kia of Stamford.

rochelletoepelt
9/17/2014

"Friendly, helpful, and they even greet you by name"

This is the first time I've leased a vehicle so I went back to the dealership 4 times before deciding upon my Kia Optima. Each time Tommy, my salesman was incredibly patient. And being technically-challenged, I've been back three times since I leased the vehicle getting assistance with pairing my I-Phone, and understanding the vehicle's features. I highly recommend this dealership to anyone interested in purchasing or leasing a vehicle. Everyone greets you by name and is very helpful.

Tommy

callmebowie
9/12/2014

"That Check Engine light sure is bright"

We recently purchased a used 2003 Saab from Kia of Stamford, and were working with Ernesto the sales manager. Financing was taken care of prior to arriving at the dealership and it was then just a matter of test driving the car and signing the paperwork. As we had to drive from Manchester, we did not arrive until just after closing. Ernesto was very patient while we made our decision. Up to this point everything was great, but then as I pulled out of the parking lot the check engine light came on and a loud rattle started in the front end. Ernesto had left at the same time so I sent him a text message letting him know. I took the car to a local shop and found the bolts for the front lower ball joint were completely loose, causing untold damage to the car's front end. After less than a week of ownership, the car completely broke down. I changed the spark plugs and discovered oil leaking into the firing chamber, as well as three out of six spark plugs that had no gap. I've called to speak with Ernesto no less than 30 times and left countless messages, have spoken with the service manager (who is infinitely better when it comes to customer service than anyone in sales), and still nothing. I am now sitting here with a several thousand dollar paperweight. Avoid this dealership. Your pocket book will thank you. Update: Since posting this review, the situation has only gotten worse. Ernesto begrudgingly agreed to repair the car, so long as I removed this review. After driving from Manchester to Stamford, leaving the car in their possession for three weeks, and then returning once again to pick it up, only one of the many issues was addressed - they claim to have replaced the faulty SAI pump. That issue came right back up on the drive home, though, when the check engine light came back on (the code was read, once again revealing the SAI pump to be faulty). They refuse to believe that the rusted out exhaust could even possibly be in need of replacement and instead removed a functioning exhaust hanger and, in its place, put some weird apparatus while neglecting to fix the exhaust leak or the exhaust hanger that had rusted off. They also said there is no shaking or vibration issue (which can be experienced by even a short drive at highway speeds), and that there is no oil leak. All of these issues have been verified by another shop. So why is it that Kia of Stamford seems unable to recognize these major mechanical and safety issues?

Ernest, Jay