Stokes Honda North

Stokes Honda North Info

Honda of Columbia

Hilton Head Honda

"GO TO HENDRICKS!"

My husband & I got "pre approved" for a deal they were having, spent over 2.5 hours test driving and picking out colors, come to find out we were 10 points shy on our credit score. Obviously "pre approved" doesn't mean SQUAT! The salesman was a VERY nice guy, the sales manager a gigantic jerk. The salesman told us Stokes cares more about getting the customer in the door, than making the sale. Fantastic. :( We went straight over to Hyundai where I had a bad taste in my mouth for dealerships, I told the salesman the two cars I liked, he ran the numbers for both. Two hours later I drove away in a 2014 Hyundai!!!!!!!! (which has a MUCH BETTER warranty, and was $5,000 cheaper) I will NEVER shop Stokes again, and we will be shopping in the next 6 months for a car for my husband... we will be definitely be going to Hendrick.

Sales Manager and Salesman

"HONDA PRICE NIGHTMARE"

I have been shopping for an Accord for around a month. I have been using my local dealership and did test drive a couple of cars there before visiting stokes. I learned of this dealership from the Auto trader website earlier this week. They have several 2014 Accord LX trim level price at $20,955.00. I called and spoke to Ashley Evans a couple of times before visit, She stated that the price on auto trader was NOT the correct price and that the actual price was 22755 on this vehicle (I did have stock # of vehicle I was interested in). I figured it was still a good deal. I drove 3 hours with $3500 in hand to place as a down payment. I test drove the car, when they brought out numbers the car was priced at almost $26000.00 due to "dealer add ons" which put me way above budget. They then submitted this to several banks BEFORE honoring they're actual prices that were posted online. Darnell who was the salesman was very personable and friendly during my visit. Rodney seemed to be friendly as well. GM was being nasty to employees and using horrible language upon my arrival at the dealership. I will be contacting the stokes owners as well to let them know that it is not okay to lure customers in with prices that YOU will not honor. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Darnell, Rodney, GM

"I was looking for a new Honda Fit. I was given a price..."

I was looking for a new Honda Fit. I was given a price of 17914 over the phone for a complete cash Out-the-door price with tax, tags, everything... which was verified by two other people at different times. When I arrived at the dealership, I was told that they couldn't honor that price because of some deal with Honda's 'Flex Cash' program. It would be 500 dollars more than the quote I was given. I honestly believe that since I knew exactly what car I wanted and was ready to pay cash for it, they could suck a few more dollars out of my pocket and I would prefer that over going somewhere else. I hate being lied to like that and told them 'No deal' and left... Before I could get out of the parking lot, they said they could knock off 200 of the extra 500 they were trying to charge me. By that time I had had enough and said 'no thanks' and left. They kept calling me on the phone while I called Rick Hendrick Honda on Savannah Highway. Within two hours I left Hendrick with a new FIt, better dealer accessories, and a lifetime engine warranty.... at a price that was CHEAPER than Stokes' ORIGINAL LIE about their price. Dont let Stokes sucker you in and lie to you to get more cash... You will get a much better deal at Hendrick.

Numerous

"Oanh Dang I am a loyal Honda driver; my first vehicle..."

Oanh Dang I am a loyal Honda driver; my first vehicle was a Honda. I've owned several Hondas and planned on purchasing several more. I have purchased two new vehicles from Stokes Honda, both times the sales staff and sales managers have been spectacular to work with. It is with great sadness that i write my first online review ever and it so happens that it is towards my beloved brand, HONDA--to be specific, STOKES Service Department Manager, Cleve. After settling a service dispute with one of the other manager that involved their pressure gauge not working, I came over to talk to that manager, who happened to be in Cleve's office. She invited me into his office where rather than leaving well enough alone, Cleve brushed off the fact that their service department was using defective equipment and didn't know it was defective until i brought my vehicle back that same day. He then arrogantly offered to "pay" for my tire under the condition that I "never come back again." I was speechless. He then asked her to put a note in my file, stating "she's fired." It is unfortunate that one person can tarnish a relationship decades old. Stokes Honda, please retrain Cleve before you lose more loyal customers.

Cleve

"I was helping my son purchase his first new car. I'm..."

I was helping my son purchase his first new car. I'm in California and he was in Charleston. At first, the dealership was very willing to help get the paperwork to me, of course to make the sale. Once the deal was made, a few weeks later, Yomi is calling to collect the first payment from us. He wanted us to pay the dealership, not the bank. They decided to pay the first payment without notifying us. POOR COMMUNICATION. Payment was not due for another 60 days. It was on the contract. THEY DID NOT CONTACT US until after they made the payment. I understand that they were trying to provide a customer service duty, but LACK OF COMMUNICATION is what infuriates me. They could've collected the first payment from my son when he went to sign the paperwork. YOMI HUNG UP ON ME ON THE PHONE. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE for YOMI.

Yomi

"I went to Stokes Honda North today and spoke with Lauren..."

I went to Stokes Honda North today and spoke with Lauren about trading in our vehicle for a Jeep Cherokee. As we couldn't find any that we liked or that were available we decided not to go any further. As I was walking out to where I parked my vehicle it had been moved be a sales men across the parking lot. No one told me they were moving my car. I get in my car to realize that my large drink had been spilt all over the passenger seat, floor board, dash and my purse. I am nowmore angry that ssomeon moved my car without telling me as well as spilling my drink all over my car without telling me. I talk to the general manager who said they would detail my car for free. 45 minutes later they say it is done. All they did was rinse off my floor mat. I told them I wanted my keys and I could do a better job myself. The GM tolde he was nice enough to clean it the first time and that it wasn't his issue to begin with. He said " someone up front spilt a drink in your car not me and you can deal with them." I will never go back there again and every review I can write on an internet page I will. I will send a letter to the owner as well. For a dealership to get in someone's car spill a drink and not care to fix it is BS!!! That's like me test driving one of their new cars and throwing my drink in the back seat and not say a word. Its wrong and they did nothing to fix what they had done. Worst dealership I have ever dealt with.

Lauren and the GM

"Battery tested bad so I called Stokes to have it replaced..."

Battery tested bad so I called Stokes to have it replaced since it was under warranty. When I arrived, everyone was great - when it was completed, found that there is a $35 labor charge to replace a warranty battery. If you purchase a new one, labor charge is $18.00. There should not be a labor charge to replace their defective merchandise - BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS. I will not recommend Stokes service to anyone because of this.

Service Department Employees - Multiple

"Found this dealer online via autotrader. Setup a deal to..."

Found this dealer online via autotrader. Setup a deal to purchase a 2012 VW Jetta. Flew down from Philadelphia to Charleston SC to purchase car. Found out that dealer didnt disclose that a sales personal accidentally filled diesel vehicle with regular gasoline. I know personally that this is an very bad thing to do. I accidentally did this on my 2010 jetta and it cost me $8000.00 in repairs. They refused to warranty the work they did on this car due to the "accident" They wouldn't have their own VW dealer take a look at the vehicle to see if it was ok. I had to pay out of pocket to do that. Carfax report showed nothing about this repair. I ended up flying back to Philadelphia without a car. These folks are dishonest. Do not do business with them!

Randy

"Today we visited Stokes Honda North We have shopped for..."

Today we visited Stokes Honda North We have shopped for weeks looking for the Odyssey that would be at our price point, and found one advertised online last week I found tons of positive reviews, and made a phone call to get the process started I spoke with Sandy numerous times to explain what we were looking for, special circumstances of our situation, and to explain what payment/financing we were looking for---in order to make sure the dealership would be able to meet our needs before we drove more than two hours from home to potentially invest 15k on a used Odyssey. While Sandy was more than accommodating and polite on the phone, she never once mentioned that she would not be the salesperson we dealt with when we arrived. When we get to the dealership, we are told briefly that Sandy works upstairs and that another man would be our salesman. He is a pushy know it all, who does not know us from Adam. He also has no idea what he is talking about. At first, he tells us the car is in the shop for paint and body work (something we were never told on the phone), then proceeds to take us to the car After only a few moments, he tells us the car is sold We are infuriated before he finally realizes that I've called ahead and the car has been put on hold for us---not sold to someone else. We ask the sales manager for a new salesperson The man we were set up had a huge personality conflict with us. We met Lyndon at this point, and he was pleasant and worked with us through all of the steps of appraising our trade in and filling out information. We finally (after 2 hours at the dealership) get to test drive the car we came to buy. On the internet it is priced at $14,700. When we come back in, we are given the numbers sheet....and a page of maintenance repairs that were supposedly done by their maintenance department. Ultimately, they offered only the payoff for our 2010 Toyota Tundra (not a dime more---and payoff being 15k on car valued at 20k). They had a 2009 Tundra on the lot with none of the add-ons priced at 21k. We were insulted. Further, for a car priced at 14k, we were shocked to see the price on the sheet being more than $2000 higher because of their maintenance and fees----How can you advertise one price and then jack it up more than two grand and still expect a sale? i anticipated financing 12k with our trade and cash down, not 16k.... We left this place (after driving 2 hours and spending countless hours at home searching for the right car) disappointed and frustrated that this dealership was not up front and honest with us in the first place. Had they advertised a correct price and communicated in between the intake phone line and the sales and finance department we could have avoided the drive all together if this car did not fit our needs. We could have also come home with the right car---but that would require a fair trade in allowance, not jumping the price of the vehicle 2k, and a staff that was focused on customer service. We won't be back and we would not recommend this dealership to anyone we meet.

Lyndon

"I would not recommend a fly visit this dealership, nor..."

I would not recommend a fly visit this dealership, nor anyone else I may cross paths with. My husband and I have been mistreated at this dealership, by both the general manager and the assistant service manager(or so I was informed). The lack of customer service, and the lack of the understanding customer service is despicable in itself. The General Manager at this locations is very rude. I was told by him that sometimes people have conflicts with personality, to excuse how the Assistant service manager had treated my husband and myself. We had our 2011 Honda Accord towed up to Stokes Honda, because the battery was completely dead, and had been an ongoing problem. Well I was informed over the phone that since it was so late, it wouldn't be serviced until the following day, when the A1 mechanic was present. Also, I was informed that I would NOT be receiving a courtesy car, even though my vehicle was going to be kept overnight. Anyways, when we arrived at the dealership and I walked in, I was told that they weren't going to service my vehicle because I had been rude. I then said that according to my contract you can't legally refuse to service my vehicle, she (the assistant service manager) stated the General Manager had advised her, that she did not to service my car. I walked out very upset, because all I had wanted the whole time was my car fixed and to have someone show they actually care. Instead I received nothing but attitude and disrespect, through both, body language and verbally. After walking out and explaining to the tow truck driver what she (the assistant service manager) had told me, and called my husband to explain everything to him. She walks out approaches with with her arms crossed, tells me I was the one who was being rude and disrespectful, and tries to over talk me again. I can honestly say that I wasn't very nice, but that was after being mistreated at Stokes Honda North, when getting my car serviced. Well about that time, my husbands Navy friend from work showed up, to make sure I had a ride home, and also brought me my wallet. She was still being disrespectful and talking with her hand on her hip, so I got upset again and walked away, without saying a word. That is when my husbands friend, pretty much took over. He explained to her what he thought the problem was, and the next thing I know she is laughing and carrying on with him. Well, she ended up keeping my car to service, and some how my husbands friend was able to get me setup with a courtesy car. At this point they bring around the first car, and when I went to start it, it would not start. The battery was dead in it, which then tells me it is a Honda problem. The second courtesy car brought around started fine and ran great, with the exception of it not wanting to start one time. He (my husbands friend)later explains that she was being flirtatious, and that he would be the one dealing with the dealership, concerning my car. Two days later I got a text from him letting me know my car is ready for pickup. I called him and we got everything setup. My husband and his friend went to the dealership to pick up my car. While she was explaining the problem to my husbands friend (Not my husband), she gave my husband the stink eye, and he hadn't said hardly anything to anyone at the dealership. I had also addressed the issue with the noise coming from the power steering pump. The finally diagnoses of my car was the battery was bad, due to rear dome light being left on (which it had not been left on, my husband showed his friend that nothing worked), so they replaced it and wrote noise coming from under the hood caused by battery(doesn't sound right?). Not to mention the mechanics not diagnosing a problem we had been having since June/July of 2012, and have taken it in on numerous occasions, for the noise coming from the area around the power steering pump. Well that problem was diagnosed at Rick Hendrick Honda of Charleston within the first 20 or so minutes of being in the back. My service adviser at Rick Hendrick Honda was VERY friendly, and explained that the Rack and Pinion needed to be replaced, and the lack of power steering fluid can cause the noise we had been hearing, as well as, make the run rougher than usual (which we also brought to Stokes Honda's Service Department attention) on several occasions. The whole situation with Stokes Honda is just so unreal! My husband and I were all but told that we are liars, because I had spoken before addressing other concerns, when we called to inform them the problem was resolved at Rich Hendrick Charleston. His reply was, well, the important thing is the problem was fixed, so it looks like everything worked out the best, for all of us. So what's the problem he asked? It's like really, I just told you the problem was that you guys neglected to fix my car on numerous occasions, and they find the problem at RHC in 20 or so minutes, and being treated poorly by the assistant service manager, all while he (the general manager) is taking up for her, and telling me, that I am the one in the wrong (again with customer service). I even explained to him that in the customer service world, you can't talk to and treat people this way. He continued to argue with me, and my husband ended up taking the phone, and he (the general manager) proceeded with his defensive and poor attitude. In addition, the General Manager compared a human body to a piece of machinery (that the mechanics work on every day, after all, it is a Honda dealership) and needing a second opinion on your vehicle like you would do with a doctor, is absurd. The human body is much harder to understand that is why there are so many different specialists, treatments and degrees. Nevertheless, with the treatment and lack of customer service FROM BOTH the Assistant Service Manager and the General Manager will never be forgotten! Rule #1 the customer is always right. Rule #2 Even if the customer is wrong refer to number one! These are a few different variations of the meaning of customer service! "Customer service is the ability to provide a service or product in the way that it has been promised" "Customer service is about treating others as you would like to be treated yourself" "Customer service is an organization's ability to supply their customers' wants and needs" "Customer Service is a phrase that is used to describe the process of taking care of our customers in a positive manner" "Customer Service is any contact between a customer and a company, that causes a negative or positive perception by a customer" "Customer service is a process for providing competitive advantage and adding benefits in order to maximize the total value to the customer" "Customer Service is the commitment to providing value added services to external and internal customers, including attitude knowledge, technical support and quality of service in a timely manner" "Customer service is a proactive attitude that can be summed up as: I care and I can do." I pulled these off this website: http://www.customerservicemanager.com/definition-of-customer-service.htm I also found this one on Ask.com: Customer service is the discipline of providing the best possible solutions and support to your valued customer--being everyone. Great customer service with dedication to the customer's needs before, during, and after a sale or service agreement is the most significant difference between customer service professionals--one that retains or repels people to your business.

Hope Niles, Joe Dettrey