Stokes Honda North

Honda of Columbia

Hilton Head Honda

elmojay
8/11/2015

"Stay away from these guys"

Each time I have visit their showroom Which was 3 times in the last 8 years I left frustrated and with no car. If you are looking for a great deal on a Honda, Jim Hendricks on Savannah highway will get you a better deal without the pressure.

Forgot and don't care.

gailann
7/27/2015

"Nice Experience!"

We had a great experience with Garfield while shopping for our new Honda CRV. He was so helpful and patient the entire time from just looking to buying my favorite Honda yet!!! This is the second Honda we have bought from this dealership and I would recommend them to anyone!

Garfield

Tmrollin
7/03/2015

"Great service and helpful/knowledgeable staff! "

I recently bought a new HR-V from Stokes Honda and I couldn't be more pleased with my car or the service I received while purchasing my new car. Being a first time car buyer and having to do this alone, the thoughts of how this process may go terrified me. I was greeted by Garfield, who was amazing! He was informative, witty, and really cared about what I wanted in a car. Garfield took the time to explain every gadget on the car as well as answering any question I may have had. I never felt like I was being rushed or being a nuances to him. Through out every stage of the purchase I was kept informed as to what was happening. The entire staff was very friendly and I had a great experience. All in all I was very pleased and would recommend anyone to go there for their car needs.

Garfield and Finance manager

Nickisa0
5/13/2015

"Kathleen was the greatest help ever!"

Recently my wife and I were shopping for a 2015 Honda Fit. After speaking with the sales manager for multiple hours we were unable to get our monthly payments under $400/month. We informed Hendrick Honda that we planned to use Heritage trust (our local bank) as the loan. Hendrick then informed us that they are able to go through them and get us the same rate. We were told that our best possible rate was 19.99% ONLY if we're could come up with a sizable down payment. We left for lunch and decided to actually visit our bank to see if that was correct. After being approved for a loan at 7.6% and no down payment it came clear that Hendrick Honda clearly lied about our rates. They also informed us that the bank actually does not require any down payment at all. After leaving the bank we traveled to Stokes Honda North and were helped by Kathleen who was extremely friendly and provided a lifetimes worth of intelligence. We should have come here to begin with! Stokes Honda was actually able to beat my banks rate and got us the vehicle we wanted within a couple hours.

Kathleen

bonnieoblinger
4/23/2015

"Great Service and Quick!"

I bought a 2015 Honda odyssey and Dealt mainly with Layne. Got me a great deal and was able to write me a quote via email . Made sure it was an OTD price. When I got there I was hoping they wouldn't add on anything like most dealers will, and he didn't! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and super helpful. Bought my used suburban from them and went back a 2nd time and got a brand new 2015 Odyssey! I would highly recommend them!

Layne Cook and Ed Sullivan

sjgj
2/21/2015

"ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My husband and I went the Stokes Honda to lease a used car. After test driving a 2013 Impala, we were told that the car was $13,000 not including tags, taxes and a admin fee. To make a long story short, we were back and forth to Stokes for three days straight trying to get a bank to approve us. After they told us that they could not approve the monthly payment range we wanted they let us test drive another car, which meant that we had to again wait for three banks to approve us (we were there for 5 hours waiting). When we finally got a call back from a bank that approve us we sat in the Finance Manager's office listening to random stories and excuses on why they wanted almost $400 a month in payments. The salesman that we dealt with got upset many times with us because we wouldn't make the deal. UNCOMFORTABLE AND PUSHY!!!! This was a total waste of 3 days at Stokes Honda...AND I STILL DONT HAVE A CAR!!!!!

Salesman and 2 Finance managers

angm
7/06/2014

"GO TO HENDRICKS!"

My husband & I got "pre approved" for a deal they were having, spent over 2.5 hours test driving and picking out colors, come to find out we were 10 points shy on our credit score. Obviously "pre approved" doesn't mean SQUAT! The salesman was a VERY nice guy, the sales manager a gigantic jerk. The salesman told us Stokes cares more about getting the customer in the door, than making the sale. Fantastic. :( We went straight over to Hyundai where I had a bad taste in my mouth for dealerships, I told the salesman the two cars I liked, he ran the numbers for both. Two hours later I drove away in a 2014 Hyundai!!!!!!!! (which has a MUCH BETTER warranty, and was $5,000 cheaper) I will NEVER shop Stokes again, and we will be shopping in the next 6 months for a car for my husband... we will be definitely be going to Hendrick.

Sales Manager and Salesman

eg0969
4/01/2014

"HONDA PRICE NIGHTMARE"

I have been shopping for an Accord for around a month. I have been using my local dealership and did test drive a couple of cars there before visiting stokes. I learned of this dealership from the Auto trader website earlier this week. They have several 2014 Accord LX trim level price at $20,955.00. I called and spoke to Ashley Evans a couple of times before visit, She stated that the price on auto trader was NOT the correct price and that the actual price was 22755 on this vehicle (I did have stock # of vehicle I was interested in). I figured it was still a good deal. I drove 3 hours with $3500 in hand to place as a down payment. I test drove the car, when they brought out numbers the car was priced at almost $26000.00 due to "dealer add ons" which put me way above budget. They then submitted this to several banks BEFORE honoring they're actual prices that were posted online. Darnell who was the salesman was very personable and friendly during my visit. Rodney seemed to be friendly as well. GM was being nasty to employees and using horrible language upon my arrival at the dealership. I will be contacting the stokes owners as well to let them know that it is not okay to lure customers in with prices that YOU will not honor. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Darnell, Rodney, GM

Robert29461
2/26/2014

"I was looking for a new Honda Fit. I was given a price..."

I was looking for a new Honda Fit. I was given a price of 17914 over the phone for a complete cash Out-the-door price with tax, tags, everything... which was verified by two other people at different times. When I arrived at the dealership, I was told that they couldn't honor that price because of some deal with Honda's 'Flex Cash' program. It would be 500 dollars more than the quote I was given. I honestly believe that since I knew exactly what car I wanted and was ready to pay cash for it, they could suck a few more dollars out of my pocket and I would prefer that over going somewhere else. I hate being lied to like that and told them 'No deal' and left... Before I could get out of the parking lot, they said they could knock off 200 of the extra 500 they were trying to charge me. By that time I had had enough and said 'no thanks' and left. They kept calling me on the phone while I called Rick Hendrick Honda on Savannah Highway. Within two hours I left Hendrick with a new FIt, better dealer accessories, and a lifetime engine warranty.... at a price that was CHEAPER than Stokes' ORIGINAL LIE about their price. Dont let Stokes sucker you in and lie to you to get more cash... You will get a much better deal at Hendrick.

Numerous

oanh
2/24/2014

"Oanh Dang I am a loyal Honda driver; my first vehicle..."

Oanh Dang I am a loyal Honda driver; my first vehicle was a Honda. I've owned several Hondas and planned on purchasing several more. I have purchased two new vehicles from Stokes Honda, both times the sales staff and sales managers have been spectacular to work with. It is with great sadness that i write my first online review ever and it so happens that it is towards my beloved brand, HONDA--to be specific, STOKES Service Department Manager, Cleve. After settling a service dispute with one of the other manager that involved their pressure gauge not working, I came over to talk to that manager, who happened to be in Cleve's office. She invited me into his office where rather than leaving well enough alone, Cleve brushed off the fact that their service department was using defective equipment and didn't know it was defective until i brought my vehicle back that same day. He then arrogantly offered to "pay" for my tire under the condition that I "never come back again." I was speechless. He then asked her to put a note in my file, stating "she's fired." It is unfortunate that one person can tarnish a relationship decades old. Stokes Honda, please retrain Cleve before you lose more loyal customers.

Cleve