Sun Toyota Superstore

Sun Toyota Superstore

Sun Toyota Superstore Info

Off Lease Only Orlando

Prestige Auto Sales

"Sun Toyota Sold Me a Piece of Crap"

Not sure where to begin. I found a 1986 Toyoya MR2 on the Internet at Sun Toyota. They car was priced at the high end of a 1986 MR2 price range-$5995. I assumed the price reflected a car that was well-maintained and in good condition. I purchased it $5500. In online photos the car looked like it was in mint condition. I was told the car was cosmetically and mechanically in excellent shape, but because of its age was being sold AS IS. I've purchased other vehicles AS IS and expected to put some money into some issues. The salesperson told me the car belonged to an elder couple. When the husband dies, the wife decided to sell the car. They claimed to be the original owner-- which the title later proved was true. Even better I thought. But the salesperson, didn't say until after the deal was finalized that the car was not driven to the dealership, but towed there. He never said why. Based on the salesperson's word, I bought the car and then paid $900 to have it shipped New Mexico. When it arrived, the battery died within minutes of coming off the truck. I charged it thinking it was because of the long trip. Then the car began sputtering because of lack of gas. The tank was virtually empty. I drove my other car to a gas station to buy some gas. After I put gas in the MR2 tank, the car wouldn't start. The battery was died. I boosted it and drove it on the highway. While driving, I noticed a lot of shaking in the steering wheel. Then the car stalled on the highway. I pushed it onto the shoulder. I had AAA tow the car to my mechanic. My mechanic replaced the battery ($100) and the alternator ($300). Once it started, I took the car in for an alignment and balance hoping that would solve the vibration in the steering column. Discount Tires showed me 3 of the rims were out of round and two tires were badly warped and had sidewall damage. I replaced the rims and tires at a cost of $1000. On the way home from Discount Tires the car died again on the highway. I smelled antifreeze and noticed steam bellowing from the engine bay. A large pool of antifreeze was under the engine. I had AAA tow the car again to my mechanic. Since the first breakdown, the car has died twice on the highway, again at my home, and today in a shopping parking lot. Repairs to date now include: a new radiator, alternator, battery, new water pump, hoses, new ignition wires damaged by the overheating, new plugs, a thermostat, and new timing belt ($2700) The exhaust system had holes in it causing fumes to rise up into the car. That was replaced ($300). I've now owned the car for less than two months and have driven it a grand total of 5 days. Today, the car died again after overheated while parked in a shopping lot. That makes 6 tows since the car arrived. After a diagnosis, it appears as if the head gasket will likely need replacing-- cost $1750. When I called the dealership two weeks ago, the salesperson simply said, and I quote, "A lesson learned." A lesson for whom-- them or me? He then apologized for taking in and selling the car without any knowledge (or with knowledge I wonder) about the car's condition. Clearly the car was put in the showroom to appear as if it were stored there. It's obvious the car was never checked for mechanical problems. I also spoke with a customer service person who took no responsibility and insisted that I bought it AS IS. I get the concept of AS IS to a degree. But when you're supposed reputable dealership selling a Toyota, you have some obligation and responsibly to the customer. No buyer should have to spend close over $4000 (and counting) + $900 for shipping for a used car.

Brian Crosato

"Sun Toyota Bait and Switch Ripoff"

Buyers beware!! This place is a rip-off! We found a used car we liked online at the Sun Toyota website under "Pre-Owned." We entered our information to be contacted. The next morning we got an e-mail from Phil Stinson, stating that someone would be in contact with us soon. We got a call a few minutes later and were set up with a 1:00 pm VIP appointment with a "VIP Manager." (Their words, not mine, meaning not just a regular salesperson) We arrived time. We were greeted by a salesperson and told him we had an appointment with the VIP Manager. He said, "Oh, that's just me. They give that to me. I'm the VIP." We were like, "Okay." He did not look like a VIP Manager. We told him about the car we wanted. He could not find the car we wanted and had us wait in the hot sun. He eventually grabbed a golf cart and took us around back to the repair bays. He had located the car. It was in a repair bay and had a cracked windshield and a smashed front end. The salesperson said, "Well, it looks a little rough." It was not a car that could even have been legally registered to drive in Florida, due to the damage. We complained about the condition of the car and how it was not even possible to register it. We told him we wanted to speak to the VIP Manager. He drove us up to the office and said to wait outside and have a seat on the bench. It was 86 degrees and felt like the low 90s. He left us out in the heat as he scrambled to find someone who would talk to us. After ten minutes, a "manager" (not a VIP Manager) came out to tell us that they had another car for us "with less mileage, in around the same price-range." We asked where the car was. He stated that "they were trying to find it." We waited another ten minutes and still nothing. That is classic bait and switch!! We were furious and said we would never buy a car from them and drove away! First of all, they buy junked cars and fix them up!! We saw it firsthand. Don't trust them when they say the car has NOT been in an accident previously. They will not tell you about their repairs. Don't trust CARFAX. They have very limited knowledge of a car's history. I bet the CARFAX on the car we saw would state that it was "clean." Do NOT go to Sun Toyota. They are a rip-off and bait-and-switch dealer!!

Phil Stinson

"Service department will not honor your new car warranty...."

Service department will not honor your new car warranty. Do yourself a favor and find another dealer. This dealer sells such a large volume of cars, they can care less about servicing your needs. Toyota warranties are worthless if you can't find a dealer to service the car when something goes wrong. My last car was a Hyundai, and that company truly honors their warranties. This will be my last toyota.

Service department

"Kim in internet sales left us a message on our phone at..."

Kim in internet sales left us a message on our phone at home asking when we were coming to buy our Sequoia. So I Kindly returned her call and told her why you were not coming to buy a car from their dealership. She went crazy on the phone! I asked her twice to lower her voice since I was not yelling at her so she hung up. About 20 minutes later Harry Norton (new car director) emailed me this: Andrew, Just for the record, I don’t have to give any other dealer ANY car in my inventory !!! Again for the record, Sun Toyota is the largest volume dealer in this District. We also are on the “Board of Governor’s” which you have to have EXCELLENT “customer satisfaction” to be part of. Your local dealer Lakewood will NEVER have the chance of being on it. I don’t know why you think you have the right to scream at my internet lady who has only given you all the info you wanted and had been more than professional with you. We are glad we are not doing business with you, we also like to have our vehicles in the right driveway. Thanks, Harry Norton New Car Director Sun Toyota 3001 US HWY 19 Holiday, FL 34691 727-835-4343 I would not ever do business with this dealership!!!!! They lied to three other dealerships about a vehicle I wanted, I saw what they said to the dealerships both text and emails. They either stated it was sold or the owners wife was driving it. What is wrong with telling their fellow Toyota dealerships the truth as stated above that they don't want to trade the vehicle. We decided as a couple if they can lie to them they will lie and screw us over so we did not do business with them.

Kim(internet sales) and Harry Norton

"Jason Ervin was great. Did not rush me or pressure me..."

Jason Ervin was great. Did not rush me or pressure me into a decision. He and the management team did not haggle much and accepted my offer. Car is great.

Jason Ervin

"I bought a used car at Sun and noticed that there was..."

I bought a used car at Sun and noticed that there was water in the trunk. The Salesman said it was from the detail shop and had them vacuum it out. The next day it rained and the trunk was FULL of water. Contacted Sun Toyota salesman who stated I needed to talk to the service department. The Service department said to bring it in. I brought the car in and the service techs would not discuss the issue with me. After asking 5 people to assist me, I was introduced to the Used Car Manager who said it would be fixed. Told me to go home and he'd call me. I told him I didn't have a ride. He didn't offer a courtesy van ride - so I walked the 5 miles home. It took two days of ME calling them no less than 10 times to get a status. Why 10 times, the receptionist said there was no Used Car Manager - and wouldn't pass me to any other sales manager or service person. I finally asked to speak to Joe Reth the owner, only then was I transfered to a Manager who would help me. Finally the car was deemed FIXED. Enter Tropical Storm Debbie. My trunk was again FULL of water. I called Sun Toyota again and was given the run around by the receptionist again. I drove over on Saturday and dropped it off with the Used Car Sales Manager. He told me that the Body shop was closed on Saturday, but they would work on the car first thing Monday. On Monday at 4 pm I called as I had not heard anything. The Body shop had not even looked at the car, because the Used Car Sales Manager was not in on Monday - so no one touched it. I asked to speak to a Sales Manager, he checked on the car and apologized agreed to replace the air filter (musty smell frm the water) and perform an alignment that the car needed. On Tuesday I called at 1pm, the Sales Manager sopke to the body shop and I was told that the car was still not ready. An hour later I received a call telling me that the car was ready. I asked it the promised work (air filter change and alignment) was done to which he replied "What air filter and alignment?" These were items that were promised to me for my troubles and it wasn't done - it wasn't even recorded on the work order. Again the Sales Manager told me he'd call me back...He never called. Now it is Wednesday, I have been without a car now for three days and still no response to my phone calls. This has been a nightmare - Sun Toyota has gotten too big and has forgotten who the customer is. I don't know when I will get the car back. If the body shop was done with the car on Tuesday at 2 - how long does it take to do a COURTESY air filter change and alignment? I'll never buy a car from them again - they may be "green" but they DO NOT provide any level of customer service. Buyer Beware - do not buy used from Sun Toyota as they do not stand by their "certified used cars". You will end up paying for a car that you can't drive because it is sitting in their shop NOT being worked on and incurring expenses for alternate transportation.

Used Car Sales Manager - receptionist - Body shop

"If you are intrested in purchasing a new vehicle, do..."

If you are intrested in purchasing a new vehicle, do yourself a favor and ask for Emily. Her professionalism, technical expertise, and customer service skills are second to none. Emily follows up and will make sure that your concerns are addressed prior, during and after the sale. She is a credit to the Sun Toyota Dealership. It was worth traveling 90 miles to make this purchase and my 2012 FJ is the envy of all who see it... I continue to refer folks to Sun Toyota.

Emily

"Chuck did a great job in helping us buy our new Sienna. ..."

Chuck did a great job in helping us buy our new Sienna. If you are in the market for a new Toyota, Chuck Dickinson is the man to see. Sun Toyota is a wonderful experience !

Charles Dickinson

"I PURCHASED MY FIRST TOYOTA HERE AT SUN TOYOTA. IT WAS..."

I PURCHASED MY FIRST TOYOTA HERE AT SUN TOYOTA. IT WAS WORTH THE EXTRA DRIVE. THE SALES STAFF IS GREAT AND THEY TREATED ME REAL WELL. I GOT A FAR BETTER DEAL HERE AT SUN TOYOTA THAN ANY OTHER DEALER IN A 50 MILE RADIUS.

Jason Ervin

"Sun Toyota used to be great But now very shady on their..."

Sun Toyota used to be great But now very shady on their details then made quick last minute changes and requests to meet the loan requirements right before signing. Also we requested we didn't want a car that was an rental car, like Avis, Hertz etc..etc Tiffany swore the car wasn't a rental car verbally (should have got it in writing) but we trusted her.(Big Mistake) Later after buying the car I found papers in my glove box that clearly pointed that mt car was indeed a RENTAL CAR AT TAMPA AIRPORT FOR 2 YEARS !! I even called the rental car place and they verified it was a rental. We called Sun Toyota back to say they lied etc...etc... and they keep flat out denied it was a rental car before even though I have the paperwork and verified it with the rental car it was a rental car. We also said we didn't want a SMOKERS CAR AND AGAIN THEY SWORE IT WASN'T yet I found out it was. BUYER BEWARE THE SCAMMING GOING ON A SUN TOYOTA SHAME THE OWNERS SON WAS A NICE GUY WITH THE LAST CAR I BOUGHT FROM THEM BACK IN 2006 BUT NOW EITHER HE ISN'T THERE ANYMORE OR HE DOESN'T CARE OR HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

Tiffany, Rob