Sun Toyota Superstore

New Port Richey, Florida 34652
Sun Toyota Superstore Info

Johnjiii2004
11/18/2015

"Lied to me and wasted so much of my time. "

Found a certified used Prius online I wanted. Called to see if they would be negotiable on the price and they said "of course" drove 2 hours from Orlando to see the car and the first thing the salesman pat says is it is non negotiable. Ended up leaving pissed off and the next day I get a call to ask how it is and they asked if I could come back in. My mistake, I did and saw the car during day light hours and the inside of the car was absolutely destroyed. Anything that was plastic was damaged and it had stains all over the place. Inside the center console was something that spilled and the trunk 5th door had all sorts of damage on the inside portion. Wasted 6 hours of my life between travel and seeing this car for them to jerk me around. Go to a different dealer. If you do go here deal with Willie Patti he was actually great.

Pat Hayes, Willie patti

Maddysmumnpoppa
4/03/2015

"Easy purchase!"

Just bought my first toyota. Needed something with more utility. I got my payment info before I went in, vehicle and paperwork was ready for me when I arrived. Definitely a concierge experience. Loving my new Rav4 and would highly recommend to anyone.

Robbie Boston, Brad Butler, Michael Chaparro

youmessedup
3/22/2015

"STAY AWAY FROM THERE"

Frank is the worst salesperson I have ever met in my life. I have bought over 100 cars in my life and I have never ever had a worse experience. He didn't even show me a car. He disrespected me and my fiancee. Truly wasted our time. I should sue him for lying to us. On the other hand Bo is a class act. I am going home without a car after he wasted over 2 hours of our time. I am so freaking disappointed. Wow.

frank, Michael Chaparro

stillraisincaine
3/02/2015

"Sun Toyota Pre-Owned in NPR "

After several days of spending hours on end at pre-owned car dealerships we decided to hold off on buying for a bit. Driving toward home my husband said; lets stop in here and look one more time. We bought a 2013 Honda Accord and the whole experience was fast, easy and they were very friendly. Fast forward a few months.... had to take the car in for my first issue/service and because it was still under factory warranty I was advised to take it to a Honda dealership. When picking up my car they asked me if the car had ever been wrecked. They told me there was paint over spray all over underneath the front end and 12 or more clips holding on a protective cover were missing. Sun had given me a clean carfax and assured me they did a 75 point inspection when selling me the car so on my way home I stopped in to talk with them. I spoke to Jim and asked if they could check out the situation. He said he thought it wouldn't be a problem but he had to talk to his manager. He brought back a manager named Phil and this guy told me straight up, very rudely, he could not help me because I bought a used car and offered me a tank of gas for my troubles. I declined his offer and decided to take my concerns to a higher official. Today I went to the Sun Toyota New Car Dealership and spoke to Charlie Brown. This gentleman was very pleasant and took care of the entire problem without any hesitation. My advice.... if you purchase a car from the pre-owned dealership and have any issues, don't let one rude (so called) manager Phil ruin your experience. Go to a higher official!

Jim Alex

jleal777
2/09/2015

"buyer beware"

They are very helpful and friendly and helpful selling you a used car but will not stand by what they sell you. I bought a 2008 Chevy suburban from James smith. The car came with a 3 month 3,000 mile warranty. After a couple of weeks I noticed the air conditioner was not properly cooling. I contacted the dealership, after 1 month of ownership and well below tje 3,000 miles.I spoke to Charlie Brown, used car service manager, at sun toyota dealership and he advised me to take it to a Chevy dealer and for that Chevy dealer to contact them for any issues/questions. I took my truck to Gordon Chevrolet where they identified the problem and advised me of the amount to fix because Sun Toyota was washing their hands of the problem. The service advisor at Gordon spoke to charlie brown at sun and he refused to he or take ownership of the repair. She then called my salesman James smith, and he advised he only sold me the car and couldn't help and hung up on her. She then called back and spoke to the finance and used car manager who advised her they did not wish to participate on the repairs leaving me stuck with the repairs. Update: sun Toyota agreed to do the right thing and they paid for the repairs.

james smith

hidesertnm
6/18/2014

"Sun Toyota Sold Me a Piece of Crap"

Not sure where to begin. I found a 1986 Toyoya MR2 on the Internet at Sun Toyota. They car was priced at the high end of a 1986 MR2 price range-$5995. I assumed the price reflected a car that was well-maintained and in good condition. I purchased it $5500. In online photos the car looked like it was in mint condition. I was told the car was cosmetically and mechanically in excellent shape, but because of its age was being sold AS IS. I've purchased other vehicles AS IS and expected to put some money into some issues. The salesperson told me the car belonged to an elder couple. When the husband dies, the wife decided to sell the car. They claimed to be the original owner-- which the title later proved was true. Even better I thought. But the salesperson, didn't say until after the deal was finalized that the car was not driven to the dealership, but towed there. He never said why. Based on the salesperson's word, I bought the car and then paid $900 to have it shipped New Mexico. When it arrived, the battery died within minutes of coming off the truck. I charged it thinking it was because of the long trip. Then the car began sputtering because of lack of gas. The tank was virtually empty. I drove my other car to a gas station to buy some gas. After I put gas in the MR2 tank, the car wouldn't start. The battery was died. I boosted it and drove it on the highway. While driving, I noticed a lot of shaking in the steering wheel. Then the car stalled on the highway. I pushed it onto the shoulder. I had AAA tow the car to my mechanic. My mechanic replaced the battery ($100) and the alternator ($300). Once it started, I took the car in for an alignment and balance hoping that would solve the vibration in the steering column. Discount Tires showed me 3 of the rims were out of round and two tires were badly warped and had sidewall damage. I replaced the rims and tires at a cost of $1000. On the way home from Discount Tires the car died again on the highway. I smelled antifreeze and noticed steam bellowing from the engine bay. A large pool of antifreeze was under the engine. I had AAA tow the car again to my mechanic. Since the first breakdown, the car has died twice on the highway, again at my home, and today in a shopping parking lot. Repairs to date now include: a new radiator, alternator, battery, new water pump, hoses, new ignition wires damaged by the overheating, new plugs, a thermostat, and new timing belt ($2700) The exhaust system had holes in it causing fumes to rise up into the car. That was replaced ($300). I've now owned the car for less than two months and have driven it a grand total of 5 days. Today, the car died again after overheated while parked in a shopping lot. That makes 6 tows since the car arrived. After a diagnosis, it appears as if the head gasket will likely need replacing-- cost $1750. When I called the dealership two weeks ago, the salesperson simply said, and I quote, "A lesson learned." A lesson for whom-- them or me? He then apologized for taking in and selling the car without any knowledge (or with knowledge I wonder) about the car's condition. Clearly the car was put in the showroom to appear as if it were stored there. It's obvious the car was never checked for mechanical problems. I also spoke with a customer service person who took no responsibility and insisted that I bought it AS IS. I get the concept of AS IS to a degree. But when you're supposed reputable dealership selling a Toyota, you have some obligation and responsibly to the customer. No buyer should have to spend close over $4000 (and counting) + $900 for shipping for a used car.

Brian Crosato

MikeLeo
6/01/2014

"Sun Toyota Bait and Switch Ripoff"

Buyers beware!! This place is a rip-off! We found a used car we liked online at the Sun Toyota website under "Pre-Owned." We entered our information to be contacted. The next morning we got an e-mail from Phil Stinson, stating that someone would be in contact with us soon. We got a call a few minutes later and were set up with a 1:00 pm VIP appointment with a "VIP Manager." (Their words, not mine, meaning not just a regular salesperson) We arrived time. We were greeted by a salesperson and told him we had an appointment with the VIP Manager. He said, "Oh, that's just me. They give that to me. I'm the VIP." We were like, "Okay." He did not look like a VIP Manager. We told him about the car we wanted. He could not find the car we wanted and had us wait in the hot sun. He eventually grabbed a golf cart and took us around back to the repair bays. He had located the car. It was in a repair bay and had a cracked windshield and a smashed front end. The salesperson said, "Well, it looks a little rough." It was not a car that could even have been legally registered to drive in Florida, due to the damage. We complained about the condition of the car and how it was not even possible to register it. We told him we wanted to speak to the VIP Manager. He drove us up to the office and said to wait outside and have a seat on the bench. It was 86 degrees and felt like the low 90s. He left us out in the heat as he scrambled to find someone who would talk to us. After ten minutes, a "manager" (not a VIP Manager) came out to tell us that they had another car for us "with less mileage, in around the same price-range." We asked where the car was. He stated that "they were trying to find it." We waited another ten minutes and still nothing. That is classic bait and switch!! We were furious and said we would never buy a car from them and drove away! First of all, they buy junked cars and fix them up!! We saw it firsthand. Don't trust them when they say the car has NOT been in an accident previously. They will not tell you about their repairs. Don't trust CARFAX. They have very limited knowledge of a car's history. I bet the CARFAX on the car we saw would state that it was "clean." Do NOT go to Sun Toyota. They are a rip-off and bait-and-switch dealer!!

Phil Stinson

ToyotaPoorService
5/29/2013

"Service department will not honor your new car warranty...."

Service department will not honor your new car warranty. Do yourself a favor and find another dealer. This dealer sells such a large volume of cars, they can care less about servicing your needs. Toyota warranties are worthless if you can't find a dealer to service the car when something goes wrong. My last car was a Hyundai, and that company truly honors their warranties. This will be my last toyota.

Service department

amccarthy10
5/23/2013

"Kim in internet sales left us a message on our phone at..."

Kim in internet sales left us a message on our phone at home asking when we were coming to buy our Sequoia. So I Kindly returned her call and told her why you were not coming to buy a car from their dealership. She went crazy on the phone! I asked her twice to lower her voice since I was not yelling at her so she hung up. About 20 minutes later Harry Norton (new car director) emailed me this: Andrew, Just for the record, I don’t have to give any other dealer ANY car in my inventory !!! Again for the record, Sun Toyota is the largest volume dealer in this District. We also are on the “Board of Governor’s” which you have to have EXCELLENT “customer satisfaction” to be part of. Your local dealer Lakewood will NEVER have the chance of being on it. I don’t know why you think you have the right to scream at my internet lady who has only given you all the info you wanted and had been more than professional with you. We are glad we are not doing business with you, we also like to have our vehicles in the right driveway. Thanks, Harry Norton New Car Director Sun Toyota 3001 US HWY 19 Holiday, FL 34691 727-835-4343 I would not ever do business with this dealership!!!!! They lied to three other dealerships about a vehicle I wanted, I saw what they said to the dealerships both text and emails. They either stated it was sold or the owners wife was driving it. What is wrong with telling their fellow Toyota dealerships the truth as stated above that they don't want to trade the vehicle. We decided as a couple if they can lie to them they will lie and screw us over so we did not do business with them.

Kim(internet sales) and Harry Norton

thedeleons2
3/09/2013

"Jason Ervin was great. Did not rush me or pressure me..."

Jason Ervin was great. Did not rush me or pressure me into a decision. He and the management team did not haggle much and accepted my offer. Car is great.

Jason Ervin