Sussman Honda of Willow Grove

DCH Academy Honda

Route 23 Honda

andrew15
3/22/2015

"Stay Away from the Service Department!"

I bought a nice used Nissan Altima 3.5 SR V6 recently at Sussman Honda. My advice is to not deal with the service department here at all! The head service department person Ken is horrible at customer service. I was straight up lied to over the phone and told that a service that needed to be done after buying my car was completed (i had dropped my car off the day before), when it was not at all. I specifically asked Ken over the phone "How did taking the wheel locks off my car go"? ? His response was basically "Oh yeah that was the easy part and it only took about an hour". So after the service department already changed the time frame of when my car would be ready to be picked up 3 times I thought everything would be good when I went to pick it up. Well when I went to go pick up my car I was simply just handed my keys with no explanation of what had been done with the car, I literally had to try to pry information out of Ken to understand what was done. He seemed to get very annoyed with me for no reason, I was simply trying to ask a few questions about my new vehicle which is reasonable. He also tried to cut me off on the phone multiple times and seemed to completely lack any care or interest. As I was leaving the dealership that day I looked at my wheels and noticed it looked like the wheel locks were still on but I thought to myself that there was no way they didn't do it with about two days time, especially when Ken told me they did over the phone.... but they did not so I had to drive 45 minutes back to the dealership for the 6th time in a few days (using a lot of gas and my time while on my week spring break from college). I had called the salesman I had worked with and let him know I would need to be taken in the next morning as a priority and I was very irritated by the whole thing at this point. So when I arrived that morning I was given no apology from Ken, and he denied that he made the comment about taking the wheel locks off. I encouraged them to go listen to the recorded phone call if they did not believe me. How something like this even happens with a service manager blows my mind. Anyway eventually the service department tells me that they do not have the proper tools to take off the wheel locks.... and they recommend I go to the Nissan dealership nearby and have them do it in which they will reimburse me. While this yet again is another inconvenience, it actually worked out because Nissan had the right tools to change out the wheel locks and give me new ones. However what I think happened here is that I was told to drop off my car early in the morning so they could look at when they were not busy and it was not made a priority from the start, even though I just bought it from them. I also suspect that they knew they did not have the proper tools and were hoping that I would not notice the wheel locks and forget about it and then they would get out of doing anything. I obviously am not saying this is what happened, but after what I went through here this would not surprise me. I also really felt entitled to some gas compensation after again making 6 different trips at 45 minutes each... so I was given a 20 dollar gas allowance... this was a nice gesture but not nearly as much as it should have been in my opinion. The final thing I would like to say here is that this was my first true car buying experience being 22 years old and I just cannot believe I was treated this way. To the GM Larry and Ken, if you are reading this an apology would have been a respectable thing to do here but I got no such thing from you. I sincerely hope this is a rare case and other customers have not been treated this way, although from reading some of the reviews on here it seems like a number of people have issues with the service department and Ken. Needless to say I will not be coming back to this dealership and I think going to Pep Boys for service would even be a tremendous upgrade from this place.

David, Ken

Denise
2/26/2015

"Wonderful, Fair and Friendly Service"

We have been coming to Sussman Honda for six years for regular maintenance and service on our 09 Honda Pilot. We could take it to a dealer less than a mile from my husbands work which would be more convenient , but we take it to Sussman Honda because of the service we receive from Ken Rizzo. I always ask for Ken when I make our appointments. We have never had a problem making an appointment to get work done. Ken has always been professional and fair with what my vehicle needs during the visit. He gets us in and out, which is important with our busy life.

Ken Rizzo

Svetlana
2/09/2015

"Best service, friendly staff"

I had a problem with my new 1 month old Honda Oddysey 2015. The dealer where i bought this car did not want even take a look at this car and find the problem. That was Sloane Honda in Philadelphia (David Bruno And Mike). They did not was even listening to me. They said that this is a new car and there can not be the problem with engine mounts. Then I decided to come to Sussman Honda. Ken very carefully was listening to me. He told me that he would like to leave my car for full day to make different tests. The next day he called me and said that they found the problem with engine mounts. The very successfully fixed my car. Now I am happy. Thank you so much, Ken and Sussman Honda Service!

Ken

laoshi
12/17/2014

"disingenous service manager"

The service manager is consistently rude, belligerent, defiant,and disrespectful to me and my wife on several occasions. When queried as to the necessity of their sudden discovery of work that must be done beyond the purpose of the car(s)' initial reason for service Mr. Rizzo has been unprofessional. He performs a very crafty bait and switch. We are the customers. We expected be treated with courtesy, honesty and respect. If something is truly in need of repair or replacement, no problem. But clearly, I knew there was no basis for particular service at that time. I checked my Honda service manual and also with my neighbor, a retired mechanic. After a previous service visit, I was called at home and asked to rate my service over the phone and was told I can also expect a survey from American Honda. I told the young lady I will think about my evaluation. 20 minutes later Mr.Rizzo was, metaphorically, in my face, calling me demanding to know why I did not offer a rating. He was voluble, defensive, argumentative and just unpleasant.This is completely the behavior of a person ill-trained to work customers.The survey from American Honda never arrived. On average I spend about $2.5K each year for my 2 cars on regular maintenance and service. It is time go elsewhere.

ken rizzo

Jayems99
9/10/2014

"Horrible service department "

I called in to try to schedule an appointment because my one year-old Honda pilot was having issues. The service person I spoke with was a complete jerk and totally unaccommodating. I was trying to get an appointment on a Saturday so I don't have to take a full day off of work for them to repair something that would seem to be a minor problem and that is covered under warranty. It's a shame, I buy all my cars here and I get treated like this. The guy wasn't even trying to be helpful. He told me I couldn't bring it in after 1 o'clock on a Friday because they want to leave by 4 o'clock. That's great service! Then he took my appointment for a Thursday, which I'm not going to show up for, then hung up on me.

Unknown

65kbl
6/02/2014

"Purchased a new Honda CR-V"

On May 17th I went to Sussman Honda in the hopes of finding a new CR-V. My plan was to just look.....not buy. Anyone who knows me knows I am not an impulsive buyer, but this time I was. When I walked onto the lot, I was immediately drawn to a 2014 Bisque Red CR-V. It was right off the truck and only had 10 miles on it. I took it for a test drive and was sold. It was a great drive and the options were exactly what I was looking for. My salesperson, Amer Gulraiz, was great. He didn't pressure me at all, which was really appreciated. He was very helpful in explaining all the options that came with the car. He told me he was available to answer any of my concerns at any time. He was very polite and a credit to Sussman Honda. They are lucky to have such a nice gentleman in their employ. Thank you, Amer.

Amer Gulraiz

GPan
4/11/2014

"Deceitful tactics"

We had a deal to lease a Honda Civic from them in March and got a quote we agreed to. However since we already had a Accord Loan, Honda finance requested us to have a cosigner. So in April, we call Sales Manager of Sussman who said he would commit to the price if we get a cosigner.So we had a cosigner run her credit check with Sussman. Two days later the credit was approved. After this the sales manager backed out saying he wont be able to commit to the price in April. This made no sense because he committed to the price in April before we ran the cosigners credit check. They play this trick after your credit check is run as well as your cosigner is signed. This is how they force you to pay higher prices and bait and switch . I was given a better price from Piazza Honda but wanted to stick to Sussman as I had one my old accord from them. However not only is this sales manager delusive but also not considerate of the loyalty to repeat customer. Please stay away from them atleast till people such kind of sales managers are running the dealership. I have complained to the General Manager and hope to hear from them. However one this is sure we lost trust that we had with Sussman. I definitely would say you may want to look for a different dealership.

Mel

lindaredanauer
8/02/2013

"I had a really good experience buying a SUV from Sussman..."

I had a really good experience buying a SUV from Sussman Honda and especially with Dave D. I feel Dave went above and beyond the call of duty making sure my 2011 CRV was customized exactly how I wanted and at a good price. This was the 7th vehicle I've purchased and my very best salesman, I never felt pressured-Thanks Dave

Dave D

r1ck1e
7/26/2013

"I purchased my new auto from David D and he was most..."

I purchased my new auto from David D and he was most helpful, very knowledgeable and friendly, and very efficient. I will be buying my next auto from them and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new auto.

David D

dwalker123
7/22/2013

"Natasha was very friendly and helpful from start to..."

Natasha was very friendly and helpful from start to finish. I told her I did not like to be pressured into making a deal and she respected that. Anthony was very easy to get along with when he explained the extended warranties. I leased a CRV for my wife Pat and I am planning on an EXL for myself ASAP.

Natasha Alexiou / Anthony