Sussman Honda of Willow Grove

1917 Lifetime Reviews

Route 23 Honda

Phyllis
4/23/2015

"Amazing experience with Service Dept"

I've been going to Sussman Honda for over 12 years. The service department has been the biggest reason as to why I keep coming back. Especially Senior Service Advisor Ken Rizzo. Ken's attention to detail and willingness to take the time to explain those details is a rare quality. I brought my Honda in for service recently and didn't realize how much work my car needed. I was skeptical and questioned Ken a lot! He was steadfast and easy going as he explained why I needed to get these things done. Seeing as I wanted my car to last a long time I listened. His approach isn't "in your face" but rather an honesty backed by logic that I found so refreshing. My car is over 12 years old and after this last big service it feels new again and that is an awesome feeling! Thanks Ken!

Ken Rizzo

jackie
4/12/2015

"Traded my hyundai"

I traded my hyundai veracruz for a crv and I love it. My daughter recommended I see Amer Gulraiz and he truly made the process very easy. He explained everything before we started to sign the papers. I would definitely buy there again. Thank to Amer I have a car that is great on gas and is comfortable.

amer gulraiz

Nani
4/12/2015

"Bought my first car!"

I bought my Honda Fit here and loved. Amer was very helpful and explained everything so that I can make my choice. I was scared at first but Amer made everything easy and fast. He found the perfect payment for me. I would totally recommend Sussman Honda and Amer Gulraiz!

amer gulraiz

Jeff
4/09/2015

"Great Experience with Service Department"

My wife and I recently moved into the area and were looking to get our Element serviced at a Honda dealership closer to home. Brought the car in to the service department at Sussman and had them look over a few preventative maintenance items and an oil change/tire rotation. Once they looked the car over I got a call from them recommending a few additional services that they thought would be needed. Being that the car is an 06, but doesn't have many miles on it, I thought I might opt to pass on a couple of their recommended services. After discussing my trepidation with Ken, he worked with me on the pricing in order to get all of the services done on the car within my budget. They got everything done in one day and I was able to pick up the car after work. I also brought to their attention that my Element might be requiring a new airbag under Honda's recall program. Normally, one has to bring the car in and the dealership orders the airbag and you have to make a return trip to the dealership to have it installed. Apparently, the wait time is huge and the airbag for my particular model was on a long national backorder. Ken called me back later in the day and told me that he was able to find one for me that very same day and get it installed...... This was even after I hassled him on the pricing for my servicing (probably unnecessarily). At any rate, my experiences with Ken and the service department at Sussman Honda were great, and I'll be happy to take my car back there again. This is coming from a guy who is pretty skeptical about dealerships in general.

Ken

Jessi
4/07/2015

"Awesome experience with Amer Gulraiz"

I have been buying cars and i always change cars. I never had such a great experience at any other dealership in past 18 years i bought 5 cars and 3 more for my family. I am glad that some one recommended me to work with Amer Gulraiz at Sussman Honda. He is really nice and friendly person to work with NO PRESSURE what so ever and he knows the product very well not only honda but almost about every other car and i was surprised with detail knowledge he has about competitors, usually or i should say every sales person is just looking for a sale and nothing else. He answered all my concerns and questions and i didnt have to go anywhere besides his desk and i was really surprised when i didnt have to go to F&I or finance manager office. Anyone who is looking for a great deal and hassle free and fun car buying should go to Amer Gulraiz. I bought 2 cars so far from him a Acura TL and Honda Civic excellent service and fun to work with him. Wish him all the best.

Amer Gulraiz

andrew15
3/22/2015

"Stay Away from the Service Department!"

I bought a nice used Nissan Altima 3.5 SR V6 recently at Sussman Honda. My advice is to not deal with the service department here at all! The head service department person Ken is horrible at customer service. I was straight up lied to over the phone and told that a service that needed to be done after buying my car was completed (i had dropped my car off the day before), when it was not at all. I specifically asked Ken over the phone "How did taking the wheel locks off my car go"? ? His response was basically "Oh yeah that was the easy part and it only took about an hour". So after the service department already changed the time frame of when my car would be ready to be picked up 3 times I thought everything would be good when I went to pick it up. Well when I went to go pick up my car I was simply just handed my keys with no explanation of what had been done with the car, I literally had to try to pry information out of Ken to understand what was done. He seemed to get very annoyed with me for no reason, I was simply trying to ask a few questions about my new vehicle which is reasonable. He also tried to cut me off on the phone multiple times and seemed to completely lack any care or interest. As I was leaving the dealership that day I looked at my wheels and noticed it looked like the wheel locks were still on but I thought to myself that there was no way they didn't do it with about two days time, especially when Ken told me they did over the phone.... but they did not so I had to drive 45 minutes back to the dealership for the 6th time in a few days (using a lot of gas and my time while on my week spring break from college). I had called the salesman I had worked with and let him know I would need to be taken in the next morning as a priority and I was very irritated by the whole thing at this point. So when I arrived that morning I was given no apology from Ken, and he denied that he made the comment about taking the wheel locks off. I encouraged them to go listen to the recorded phone call if they did not believe me. How something like this even happens with a service manager blows my mind. Anyway eventually the service department tells me that they do not have the proper tools to take off the wheel locks.... and they recommend I go to the Nissan dealership nearby and have them do it in which they will reimburse me. While this yet again is another inconvenience, it actually worked out because Nissan had the right tools to change out the wheel locks and give me new ones. However what I think happened here is that I was told to drop off my car early in the morning so they could look at when they were not busy and it was not made a priority from the start, even though I just bought it from them. I also suspect that they knew they did not have the proper tools and were hoping that I would not notice the wheel locks and forget about it and then they would get out of doing anything. I obviously am not saying this is what happened, but after what I went through here this would not surprise me. I also really felt entitled to some gas compensation after again making 6 different trips at 45 minutes each... so I was given a 20 dollar gas allowance... this was a nice gesture but not nearly as much as it should have been in my opinion. The final thing I would like to say here is that this was my first true car buying experience being 22 years old and I just cannot believe I was treated this way. To the GM Larry and Ken, if you are reading this an apology would have been a respectable thing to do here but I got no such thing from you. I sincerely hope this is a rare case and other customers have not been treated this way, although from reading some of the reviews on here it seems like a number of people have issues with the service department and Ken. Needless to say I will not be coming back to this dealership and I think going to Pep Boys for service would even be a tremendous upgrade from this place.

David, Ken

Denise
2/26/2015

"Wonderful, Fair and Friendly Service"

We have been coming to Sussman Honda for six years for regular maintenance and service on our 09 Honda Pilot. We could take it to a dealer less than a mile from my husbands work which would be more convenient , but we take it to Sussman Honda because of the service we receive from Ken Rizzo. I always ask for Ken when I make our appointments. We have never had a problem making an appointment to get work done. Ken has always been professional and fair with what my vehicle needs during the visit. He gets us in and out, which is important with our busy life.

Ken Rizzo

Svetlana
2/09/2015

"Best service, friendly staff"

I had a problem with my new 1 month old Honda Oddysey 2015. The dealer where i bought this car did not want even take a look at this car and find the problem. That was Sloane Honda in Philadelphia (David Bruno And Mike). They did not was even listening to me. They said that this is a new car and there can not be the problem with engine mounts. Then I decided to come to Sussman Honda. Ken very carefully was listening to me. He told me that he would like to leave my car for full day to make different tests. The next day he called me and said that they found the problem with engine mounts. The very successfully fixed my car. Now I am happy. Thank you so much, Ken and Sussman Honda Service!

Ken

laoshi
12/17/2014

"disingenous service manager"

The service manager is consistently rude, belligerent, defiant,and disrespectful to me and my wife on several occasions. When queried as to the necessity of their sudden discovery of work that must be done beyond the purpose of the car(s)' initial reason for service Mr. Rizzo has been unprofessional. He performs a very crafty bait and switch. We are the customers. We expected be treated with courtesy, honesty and respect. If something is truly in need of repair or replacement, no problem. But clearly, I knew there was no basis for particular service at that time. I checked my Honda service manual and also with my neighbor, a retired mechanic. After a previous service visit, I was called at home and asked to rate my service over the phone and was told I can also expect a survey from American Honda. I told the young lady I will think about my evaluation. 20 minutes later Mr.Rizzo was, metaphorically, in my face, calling me demanding to know why I did not offer a rating. He was voluble, defensive, argumentative and just unpleasant.This is completely the behavior of a person ill-trained to work customers.The survey from American Honda never arrived. On average I spend about $2.5K each year for my 2 cars on regular maintenance and service. It is time go elsewhere.

ken rizzo

Jayems99
9/10/2014

"Horrible service department "

I called in to try to schedule an appointment because my one year-old Honda pilot was having issues. The service person I spoke with was a complete jerk and totally unaccommodating. I was trying to get an appointment on a Saturday so I don't have to take a full day off of work for them to repair something that would seem to be a minor problem and that is covered under warranty. It's a shame, I buy all my cars here and I get treated like this. The guy wasn't even trying to be helpful. He told me I couldn't bring it in after 1 o'clock on a Friday because they want to leave by 4 o'clock. That's great service! Then he took my appointment for a Thursday, which I'm not going to show up for, then hung up on me.

Unknown