Tate Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM

Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
Tate Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM Info

Justin21061
8/20/2015

"Service department technicians can't be trusted"

I have a special, 3 oil changes for the price of 1 and when this runs out I'm never going back. My appointment a few months ago I found out they rotate the tires only front to back. My tires are non-directional tires and the owners manual recommends that the front tires cross sides, then sent to the back and then the back to the front. We argued who was right and got no where. I contacted their corporate office to inform them that this service department is going against the owners manual and wanted to know who authorized this. I guess they know me by oh its that guy. So knowing the way they do business I tagged my are filter with invisible ink and noted the serial number of my tires and its position on the truck. Today I get my 30,000 mile service done. Greg Sandridge tells me I need the hemi tune-up ($350+) and other stuff. I corrected him by saying the owners manual only calls for this, this and this. He checks his computer and says he was wrong, 2014's and up have different spark plugs. After the oil change, I checked the air filter, filter was changed. Checked the tires, tires were not rotated. Talked to the service manager, he said they are reviewing the camera to see what the technician did. They ended up doing the rotation and the service manager and Greg Sandridge asked the tech what it means when swapping tires on a rotation in front of me and the tech said yes. Tire rotation complete and offered a discount on an front end alignment. Going on good faith I did not check the tires before leaving. Get a car wash done at the local car wash because they give me a ticket for one. Didn't do a good job so my wife and I washed the truck when I got home. Thought to myself I'd better check the tires just to make sure. Sure enough it was a straight rotation, front to back, back to front. The paperwork even says they cross rotated them.

Greg Sandridge

Justin21061 responded to this review

August 21, 2015

wanted to add more.... The manager, Mr. Rodger was great. Handled the situation appropriately and professionally as well as Greg. Greg offering a discount on the alignment and now Mr. Rodger making it free of charge. I'm ok with them. I'm just not sure about the quality of workmanship. I'd like to keep coming back being its so close to me. I'd gladly come back if they would offer a deal on activating my navigation and somehow guarantee this wouldn't happen again.

Justin21061 responded to this review

August 21, 2015

Got a call today from the dealer service department manager. He reviewed the camera recordings and found both technicians lied about doing the cross tire rotation. Manager confronted the techs who worked on my truck and got ripped into. Apparently there is a work ethic's problem with the techs or something. They offered my front end alignment done free of charge but I'm a little hesitant going back.

canesfan13
8/08/2015

"horrible service"

The sales process is smooth but misleading. They tout their free car washes and oil changes for life, but never mention that they are limited to 2 per year. Whose car only gets dirty twice a year. So we bring our car in because the GPS doesn't work and they tell us the online appointment system doesn't sync with the service department so we need to make a second appointment. Fine no biggie. The second appointment comes and we are told several hours after dropping the car off that the guy with the flash drive isn't in that day. So apparently no one can find Frodo and his precious so we need to make a third appointment. Of course they could have called and told us this before we dropped the car off but that must be too polite. The third appointment day comes and several hours after we drop it off they call back to tell us they can't do it with the flash drive so they need to order a new radio. No problem. Fourth appointment day comes and they call several hours after drop off to tell us the XM code isn't working so they need to call and order yet another radio. Four trips down, nothing fixed. Three days of work missed and still no resolution. STAY AWAY from their service department!!!!!!!

Jason

Tate Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM responded to this review

August 10, 2015

Our apologies for the misunderstanding over the Tate Total Care program. It is correct that a customer only receives two oil changes a year. We follow closely to the manufacturers recommendations of time and mileage for oil changes. As for the car washes there is NO limitation as to twice a year. We structured the program to provide a free car wash each and every time you have a service visit. It is not limited to oil changes, a free car wash would be provided for any type of service visit. Finally as for the radio problem please feel free to reach out to our Service Director, Mike Johnson of myself to discuss resolving the issue. Glenn Jackson G.M.

ronkelbaugh
7/27/2015

"signal or right side mirror not working"

was told only under warranty for 12 month of 12,000 miles I thought the warranty was 3 years 36000 and I got the extended warranty for 100,000 miles can't believe that the bulb would go out in 15 months and cost 54 dollars to replace ,

don't know

ronkelbaugh responded to this review

August 10, 2015

Tate dodge corrected the issue and replace the directional signal at no cost to me and the rodger the service manager was very helpful in this matter

Christa12
4/14/2015

"Great Deal, Amazing Service!"

When I went into Tate, I was not expecting to buy a new car due to the price range. I had been shopping around for a used car for over a month. My father recently bought a new Jeep from Tate and convinced me to go check out the lot, just to see if there was anything I liked in my price range. As I walked around the lot, Daryn greeted us with enthusiasm and showed us the inventory. I still didn't see anything that I truly wanted, but Daryn sat me down and helped me figure out what I wanted in a car. He found many different Patriots with options in my price range, then worked with the manager, Matt Higgins, to get me an AMAZING deal. Since this was a huge decision, I decided to go check out a used sales lot just to solidify my choice. As I was visiting the used lot, I realized that the car Daryn was offering was a once-in-a-lifetime deal. When I came back to Tate, Daryn did a happy dance, knowing that I had made the right decision. He quickly got us through the payment process, and even connected my phone to the bluetooth in the car. I am very happy with my new Jeep Patriot, and wouldn't have it without the wonderful service of Daryn and Matt!

Anthony Stewart

Bquinn
3/10/2015

"Our new Grand Cherokee Jeep "

The Guy's at Tate (Darren & Matt) made the car buying experience comfortable, quick, and very reasonable. I will recommend this dealership to all my friends and colleagues. Bob-

Darren - new guy , Matt Strohminger

tjeleniewski
9/25/2014

"outstanding"

I committed the mortal sin of filling my diesel with gasoline (500 miles from home) on a Saturday. Kevin took my vehicle in right away, no waiting. Service department worked on it all day and had me back on the road by 3 PM. Fantastic service,

Kevin (service)

AmandaH1980
9/13/2014

"A great place to buy a pre-owned vehicle! Still the best!"

I have gone to a couple of other dealerships in search of a used vehicle. I felt like the other dealerships pretty much showed me terrible vehicles in my price range. Then I remembered my wonderful experience that I had when I bought a vehicle with my ex husband several years ago. I am not even sure why I didn't thing of Tate in the first place this time. Cliff greeted me right away the moment I walked into the dealership. He was incredibly friendly. I felt absolutely no pressure at all to buy a car because I did say that I was just shopping around. The other dealerships just walked me over to the worst cars on the lot. Tate is not like that at all. And they will not even sell cars that are in bad condition in the first place. He pointed out this beautiful Chrysler Sebring LX. It is an older vehicle, but it is in excellent condition and low mileage for the age. When it came to the price, he asked me what I felt was reasonable. He took my offer right over Judy, the Business Manager. He came back with a very good price which included taxes, tags, and all of the other fees that you should always consider when negotiating a price. I will be finalizing the deal next week, and I must say that my buying experience was not stressful at all. I feel like other dealerships treat you differently when you are paying cash for a car. I didn't even have to sit there and play the price haggling game at all. I am excited about my purchase because this is the first car that I will be owning by myself. I would highly recommend Tate to anybody whether or not you're buying a new or pre owned vehicle. I will certainly be taking my sister there when she purchases another vehicle! Thank you so much for being one of the best dealerships in the area! Keep up the outstanding customer service!

Judy Longobardo, Cliff Hill

marksheehy
8/24/2014

"Price Negotiation - Used Vehicles"

I saw a nice used 2013 Ram Crew Cab at the Tate Used Car Center. I did have two (2) trade-ins which were a complication on itself. However, after negotiating and then settling on a price, the salesman calls back and says the price is + taxes, the silly dealer processing fee, tags, and other fees. Now, this would have added about another $2,000 to $3,000 to the price of that he price of the vehicle. Now, I know that the price countered on to the dealer's price was ON THE ROAD. I do not know anyone who negotiates a car price other than ON THE ROAD. Anyway, i had accepted the price and was on may way to sign the paperwork, etc. when the salesman called back to say the price was final negotiated price was did not include taxes, the silly dealer processing fee, tags, etc. Needless to say i called the manager and he was basically tough. I have bought numerous cars from Tate and I will not be bying another car from them due to their deceptive sales tactics. AGain, I have bought many a car from many dealers and many different manufacturers and all those dealers, including my previous purchases from Tate, were negotiated prices as on the road. THEREFORE, IF YOU CHOOSE TO BUY YOUR CAR FROM TATE, REMEMBER THE THAT NEGOTIATED PRICE IS NOT THE PRICE YOU WILL PAY. Add on taxes, tags, the silly dealer processing fee, and other expenses. This is not the way to do business and I hope all future customers will take head in negotiating their price to pay at Tate.

Anthony Stewart

heatherandjr77
8/18/2014

"Great place to get a car"

Everyone involved did everything they could to get me a veichle. I am very pleased with the results and will continue to tell everyone I know and come back myself in the future. Thank you again!

William Butler

ntmusic7
8/05/2014

"awesome service!"

We were very nervous about getting a new car,however,we had the most awesome experience of getting our car which we are very pleased of the outcome.

William Butler, David Giddens