Tate Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM

7429 Ritchie Highway,
Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
Tate Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM Info
2/12/2016

"If I could give 0 stars I would. "

First I would like to start by saying I live a little over an hour away from the dealership. I go in yesterday and tell the guy I will be in the next morning to purchase the car. I call him while leaving my house, that is over an hour away to tell him I am on my way to buy the car, I show up at the dealership and someone walked in 20 minutes prior to me arriving and decides to purchase the car..... I am fuming mad and I call to complain and the managers response.... We have signs that say "the car you are thinking about tonight is the car someone else buys tomorrow..." Then it wasn't until I was so angry that I actually started crying that he was like I'm so sorry that this happened blah blahblah a lot of Bull S***. The only good thing about my experience was the car salesman was really nice and not pushy, so if you decide to waste your time to go there ask for Dezmon because he is the only person I would bother to talk to. Even though he should have said that someone was driving to the lot he was very professional and nice about everything and had my best interest in mind when I was trying to purchase the car, he had no problem answering any and every question I had. Also they have online sales prices and a sign outside of the dealership that say 3,000$ trade in guarantee but that doesn't go for the internet sales price that is written on the car so basically its a pointless false advertising sign to get you in their dealership.

Dezmon

Tate Jeep Victim
2/03/2016

"Save yourself and buy from a Reputable Dealership"

This dealership uses the Jeep moto. Take advantage of the customer at each and every turn. Provide the Old Bate and Switch tatic to each process from sales to service. The reliability of the products they sell and service they provide is horrible. After dealing with this dealership for 8 years, I would never send my worst enemy to them. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee that they serviced for 5 years and spent more than $10,000 in repairs with them, for the vehicle to have constant issues. I then traded the Jeep in for another Certified Jeep Grand Cherokee that had issues from week one. They argued and complained about every concern I raised, Did manage to finally get a muffler out of them which was under warranty. Sadly it was not the appropriate muffler and was louder and less effiecient than it should have been. Continued to have the normal service done on the vehicle and purchased the Maintance Oil Change Package from them religiously. Was to come with an Engine Guarantee for Life as long as they continued to service the vehicle. Sadly when issues came up with the Jeep and its engine, no one would respond, when I asked to speak with Mr. Johnson he was never available, and after filing a complaint with the BBB he responds that he was never contacted and that my vehicle never had the engine guarantee. Guess the service department that sells that and the salesman are not aware of what they are actually selling. They refuse to even respond to the complaint and consider the matter closed. My suggestion is that anyone that is considering doing any type of business with this dealership, be prepared to spend two times what you should to repair your vehicle and that the purchase of any vehicle from them is done on a "Buyer Beware" basis. Save yourself the headaches and aggrevation and extreme expense and purchase from another location, and find a reliable service department to work with.

Numerous in Service Departments, message left for Mr. Johnson unanswered

Chuck
2/01/2016

"Impressed by helpful knowledge"

Recently I stopped by Tate Dodge, RItchie Highway for information on a Dodge Ram. I found the personnel to be most honest and knowledgeable. He helped me in making the proper decision for me. I was impressed!

Roger

almasoodi
1/26/2016

"worst experience ever"

i was there at the dealer ship on Ritcjie Hwy on 1/25/16 looking to trade in my vehicle with a 2011 jeep Grand Cherokee with 92K miles on it i was earlier that day at carmax laurel in MD and i got 14,769$ for my trade in but i wasnt sure about a change with my car, they also had a 2013 Grand Cherokee with 61K miles on it the thing is i understand that im going to lose on my trade in and i was okay with that but the manager at Tate used car sales gave me 12K for my car and she wanted 15K for the jeep and asked why so low while carmax gave me alot higher and their vehicle was newer and less miles on it plus the one Tate had had a lot of issues like the remote start doesnt work and the keys onlt open and close the doors not the trunk nor start and i asked and the sales agent asked the manager and she said the vehicle as is dont like dont buy i over heard that from the other room and she was telling me to go sell to carmax and come back but the way she was talking to me was really in polite and its more like i was asking her a favor not to do her job i have 5 cars at my house i got from your competitors like JBA Chevy and Sheehy Nissan and also from Adams chrysler and the way the treated me i keep going back to the but after this experience i will not go back to Tate for any reason I will in hospitality business with Diplomats and High Profile People and the way i deal with them is i answer whatever question they have even tho if it was not normal the Guest or in this case the customer is the one whos helping you keeping your job thank you very much for my worst experience so far

sales Manager

Ramowner
1/25/2016

"Great Service"

I have a Ram 3500 and lost my key fob. On The Monday after the big snow storm, they were open. I I I called and talked to Brian. He was very helpful and courteous. He worked with me to make sure they had the right key fob before wanting me to drive there. They had it and when I got there, he knew exactly why I was there without even asking if he could help me. I was in and out of there in 30 minutes. I bought the truck at Tate but I will never do that again. The salesman was terrible and they tried a slight of hand on me with the deal. However, it's the service that makes me come back. You buy the vehicle once but you have service many times. Thank you Brian and to the technician that did the work. Jerry.

Brian

CollegeGirly
1/14/2016

"Bough my first car from Tate Dodge"

I had the best experience at Tate Dodge and Chrysler, with the purchase of a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L coupe. I am a junior in college, and this was my first major purchase ever. When I read about the car, I knew it was a great buy. I was reassured this was the car for me the moment I spoke with sales consultant, Mr. Barnette Lyles. It was clear that Mr. Lyles was in tuned with exactly what I wanted from the very first moment we spoke. Mr. Lyles is not the typical, "car salesman,” and a consultant would be an understatement. He listened, and was professional. Mr. Lyles aims to cater to the wants and needs of his client, providing a satisfying experience. I can honestly say, out of all the dealerships I visited, my experience at Tate Dodge was more than satisfying. Exemplary would describe it best, making my first car buying experience positive and one to remember. Thanks to Mr. Lyles, I rung in the New Year with a new car that I am completely in love with. If you need a car, new or used, do yourself a favor and go visit Barnette at Tate Dodge Chrysler dealership. You won't be disappointed!

Dan

Dumbfounded Jeepster
11/24/2015

"Took My Jeep Cherokee ther for service// Horrible"

Took my Jeep Cherokee to Tate for service and the Jeep ran rough and worst than it ever has after I left. I talked to some tool/Brian (employee of the month candidate) and he basically told me I was an idiot without saying as much. I would suggest that if you need service you take it to another Dodge dealership or a trusted mechanic. I called another Dodge Dealership in Maryland and the guy there said have you ever seen the commercial where they have monkeys beating on an engine that's what we think about Tate's service department. He further advised that you'd be better off talking to a brick wall than trying to get anyone satisfy you there, the owner is non-existant and the dealership maybe under review from FCA and I wouldn't be surprised if Tate is forced to sell out. Since my parents live in PA I took the Jeep to a dealership in PA and they found numerous problems one being the EGR valve and they didn't even see that the transmission fluid was almost non existant. Thank goodness I took it to another dealer or my transmission would have been fried by now.

Brian

Mastercylinder
11/21/2015

"Tate Dodge Service : Please Don't use them (Shameless) "

Took my Chrysler to the Tate service center the car was diagnosed with a few things and a suggested replacement of a parts. I did everything suggested and I paid $900 for the service. I picked my car up and the car would not start the engine light was on. I asked the service tech to at least get the light off and he did and said I wouldn't drive the car looks like the head gasket, catalytic converter and coolant system have problems according to my code reader. Then when I asked further questions about the problems another service tech laughed. I am a service disabled police officer and was treated like a complete piece of garbage. Shame on you Tate Dodge. P.S. they didn't even fill my car up with proper fluids!!

Holly Borgese
10/24/2015

"Salesman Ed Berry is very patient. .."

For 9 months Ed and I emailed back and forth about the prices of jeep wranglers. I came in and test drove one, but I couldn't commit to the price. A few months passed and I stopped by Tate again. Finally, after changing my mind at least twice about which jeep I wanted, I finally settled and then fell in love with an unlimited with all the bells and whistles. Being afraid of the monthly payment. ..Ed ,without pressuring me, helped me find financing that I was comfortable with. Before I left the lot, Ed showed me how to use all the instruments on the dashboard. Walked me through taking the top off and he even sync'd the uconnect to my phone. I drove my new blue (insisted on white in the beginning)Wrangler Unlimited off the lot and into my driveway. I must say. .it looks good there! Holly Borgese

Ed Berry

Justin21061
8/20/2015

"Service department technicians can't be trusted"

I have a special, 3 oil changes for the price of 1 and when this runs out I'm never going back. My appointment a few months ago I found out they rotate the tires only front to back. My tires are non-directional tires and the owners manual recommends that the front tires cross sides, then sent to the back and then the back to the front. We argued who was right and got no where. I contacted their corporate office to inform them that this service department is going against the owners manual and wanted to know who authorized this. I guess they know me by oh its that guy. So knowing the way they do business I tagged my are filter with invisible ink and noted the serial number of my tires and its position on the truck. Today I get my 30,000 mile service done. Greg Sandridge tells me I need the hemi tune-up ($350+) and other stuff. I corrected him by saying the owners manual only calls for this, this and this. He checks his computer and says he was wrong, 2014's and up have different spark plugs. After the oil change, I checked the air filter, filter was changed. Checked the tires, tires were not rotated. Talked to the service manager, he said they are reviewing the camera to see what the technician did. They ended up doing the rotation and the service manager and Greg Sandridge asked the tech what it means when swapping tires on a rotation in front of me and the tech said yes. Tire rotation complete and offered a discount on an front end alignment. Going on good faith I did not check the tires before leaving. Get a car wash done at the local car wash because they give me a ticket for one. Didn't do a good job so my wife and I washed the truck when I got home. Thought to myself I'd better check the tires just to make sure. Sure enough it was a straight rotation, front to back, back to front. The paperwork even says they cross rotated them.

Greg Sandridge

Justin21061 responded to this review

August 21, 2015

wanted to add more.... The manager, Mr. Rodger was great. Handled the situation appropriately and professionally as well as Greg. Greg offering a discount on the alignment and now Mr. Rodger making it free of charge. I'm ok with them. I'm just not sure about the quality of workmanship. I'd like to keep coming back being its so close to me. I'd gladly come back if they would offer a deal on activating my navigation and somehow guarantee this wouldn't happen again.

Justin21061 responded to this review

August 21, 2015

Got a call today from the dealer service department manager. He reviewed the camera recordings and found both technicians lied about doing the cross tire rotation. Manager confronted the techs who worked on my truck and got ripped into. Apparently there is a work ethic's problem with the techs or something. They offered my front end alignment done free of charge but I'm a little hesitant going back.