Toyota-Scion of Vineland

Shore Toyota Scion

Frank C.
10/04/2015

"Great Experience "

This was my first time purchasing a Toyota and I live 5 minutes from the Turnersville dealership, however the Vineland office's online staff (Shalylinn) answered and set up an appointment right away. So, we made the drive with little intention of purchasing a car. I must say I'm not one to write a review and the whole purchasing car experience is tedious and exhausting. However, from the minute we met our salesman Peter Frangakis his patience and thorough explanation of availability, features, pricing, etc. was greatly appreciated. My wife can attest that I'm a very impatient and demanding person. Peter dealt with my countless questions and haggling with great professionalism and knowledge. I know it's cliche, but he treated us like family. Kudos to Peter and his approach to clients. Frank C.

Peter Frangakis

Max_FJ
1/17/2015

"Less than satisfied car service"

I had an appointment at 3:30pm but thought it was at 2:30pm. Got there at 2:15pm. The clerks (Logan) were friendly and service manager was nice. I asked if I should come back. They said that they could squeeze me in there. But my FJ Cruiser wasn't even brought back into the shop until 3:20pm. There was like 3 other people sitting in the waiting area. WELL, the total time 1.5 hrs later it got done for an oil change and tires rotated. I was upset that I had to wait so long even-though technically I was early. Honestly, I would not bring my car back again.

Service Manager

truck123456
11/28/2013

"I spent over 3 hours of high pressure sales tactics from..."

I spent over 3 hours of high pressure sales tactics from the Internet sales manager, the used car sales manager (new car was not in), one other person behind the scenes I never met and my sales person (who was good actually). We came up with a price and it was the end of the month and end of the day so they wanted desperately for me to take the Tundra. I said I had to talk with my fiancé about it and they laughed and wanted me to take it right then and there if they could lower the payments. I eventually worked my way out of the showroom well beaten up and tired but I had a number in my hand. The next day they called me twice to check on my decision. That night I gave a deposit over the phone and came in the following evening to buy the truck. Now C Jay (the general new car sale manager was in), made the sales person come in on his day off to do this deal. C Jay decided to raise my payments by $25 per month and said the other managers screwed up some how. Take the deal or leave. I committed myself at this point and took the deal only to spend another 3 hours waiting for all of the paper work to get done when only a handful of people (buyers?)were in the showroom. As the dealer was getting ready to close and I was ready to start my new truck, I asked for the keyless remote. The sales person told me originally during the test drive that the remote must be inside the dealer because it won't fit in there key dispenser. We searched the vehicle, asked the service department if they had it, asked sales, asked the parts department. They were going to check with the car hauler the next day to see if they had it. Surely a $34,000 vehicle came with one, right? C Jay said no. We all were shocked! I then had to decide, do I leave with the truck or not. A tough decision again, not made easier by the dealer. C Jay refused to help me with the cost in installing a keyless remote which I suggested we split the cost. Strike 2! As part of this deal I was to receive an equity check back for my trade. It was told to me by the original trio of managers that 1 week was the waiting period for my refund. I counted on that check for personal needs. Two weeks later, I had C Jay on the phone again to find out where the check was. Oh, we screwed up and forgot to get the co-signers signature (my fiancé whom they didn't want me to talk to originally) to sign off on the title release. Now it will be another 1 week before I will get my check. Strike 3! Eight days into the process, I called C Jay again for the check. Nothing. I called the general sales manager in disgust (Bob McCormick) who was on vacation during this whole process and claims to have known nothing about the deal, but by the end of the day, I had my check. I have bought dozens of new and used cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, heavy construction equipment, real estate, etc..in the past 30 years and never... never have had such a bad buying experience as this one. Never will I or anyone I know, be subjected to this treatment again.

Cjay (new cars sales manager), Stephen Kull (used cars sales manager), Joe (internet manager),

DianeTK
5/18/2013

"Overall, a pleasant experience. Employees are friendly..."

Overall, a pleasant experience. Employees are friendly and helpful. I am very pleased with my certified pre-owned Prius purchase and I will recommend this dealership to others.

Peter Frangakis
Felix Afanador

JuleRoxx
3/16/2013

"Attempted to extort more money out of a sale than..."

Attempted to extort more money out of a sale than advertised price. Lincoln MKZ advertised since February 15, 2013 on their Internet "Pre-Owned Specials" ad for $15,895 - attempted to sell for $17,995 with repeated follow-up phone calls never addressing the discrepancy in price. Jerry DeMary actually brought the car to our attention because it fell within our price-range of around $15K, but reverted to the window-sticker price and stuck to it throughout the "bargaining" process. VP of Sales Bob McCormick also ensued with pressuring us as buyers to sign and leave a deposit to secure the sale as we left disappointed at not being able to work within our buying range.

Jerry DeMary, Bob McCormick, Rich Huston

pauliyoung
1/16/2013

"My truck had a major recall that involved a total frame..."

My truck had a major recall that involved a total frame replacement, and since my Tundra is ten years old I was apprehensive about the likelihood that it would all go back together properly. I was given a very nice replacement truck to drive while the work was being done and was called a few times to let me know about the progress of the work. A few days after getting my truck back I had a minor concern about the feel of the brakes and steering so I went back to have them checked. They checked and readjusted everything and even found a leak in the front axle that I might never have noticed and repaired that at no charge also. There are few superlatives I can think of to explain how happy I am with the work they did. The repairs are not just satisfactory, they're perfect. Every question I had was addressed and explained; every one of my concerns was remedied. What more could one possibly ask?

Kyle Scullio

rdmargolis
5/30/2012

"We were looking to purchase an AWD Sienna and had..."

We were looking to purchase an AWD Sienna and had contacted another dealership that was not very responsive and seemed to be having a hard time locating the type of vehicle we desired. After calling Toyota of Vineland and dealing with a very friendly and responsive phone salesperson they were able to locate the exact van we wanted and we worked out a good deal very quickly. We dealt with Dwight Martinez with all the arrangements and he was extremely responsive and a delight to work with. When we picked up our van he was very patient and took his time reviewing all the features of the new van with us. He has also helped arrange our service visits and is extremely pleasant to interact with. I would definitely recommend this dealership and Dwight Martinez in particular...we have never had such an easy and stress free car purchase.

Dwight Martinez
Rebecca Margolis

terryo4253
10/23/2011

"We, my wife and I , had no intention of driving home with..."

We, my wife and I , had no intention of driving home with a new vehicle the evening we stopped in to the dealership. We were provided with the information we needed regarding the model of interest. There was no pressure, all details were fully discussed and at the end of the evening, we drove a new vehicle home. Future appointments were set and confirmed (service) and the following day were confirmed again by e-mail. Many people state that purchasing or leasing a vehicle is a hassle, this experience was not.

Janet Rose (sales), Jerry DeMary (Sales Mgr.), Mike Sullivan (Business Mgr.)

terry lothian
8/11/2011

"I needed a used Pick-up and was "tipped off"..."

I needed a used Pick-up and was "tipped off" that this was a great dealership. Before going, I made contact with the used car manager: Stephen Kull. He asked me what I was looking for and I told him. The next day I was warmly and professionally greeted by CJ who had 3 possible vehicles for me to look at. Peter Frangakis took me out in all 3 trucks. I settled on one and we discussed price. I told them a number is was thinking and they came down significantly (my trade in was a 1996 Tacoma with 213,000+ miles, broken trans, broken windshield and rotted rear bumper). I didn't have any money with me. THEY LET ME TAKE THE TRUCK HOME!! I "took" the truck on a Friday and came back with a check on Monday. These were great people to work with. I would recommend their dealership to anyone. I now not only have a pick up that I wanted and needed, but also some new friends.

Stephen Kull, CJ,Bob McCormick,Peter Frangakis

Toyota-Scion of Vineland responded to this review

September 06, 2011

Thank you Terry, it was a pleasure working with you.

janetbhill
5/14/2011

"This is the second truck that I have bought from this..."

This is the second truck that I have bought from this dealership and I've sent family members here to purchase vehicles as well. They are great to deal with. No pressure, very informed and great prices. I'll come back next time I need a new truck. Love my Toyota!

Dave Weber