Read Reviews Valley Subaru

10 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Valley Subaru

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Valley Subaru

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Why we keep coming back"

Tom179
8/24/2014 4:39:18 PM

Charles Camp

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

The team at this dealership is top-notch. This is the 3rd Subaru I have bought from them and they keep right on earning the report business. Charles Camp did an outstanding job of getting the exact car we wanted at the price we expected.

"Subaru BRZ"

annette.williams.56481
8/19/2014 5:23:39 PM

Frank Smith

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

I love my Subaru BRZ. I had a terrific buying experience at Valley Subaru. Frank Smith was an excellent sales representative who was careful to take care of my needs and make sure that I was satisfied with my purchase!!

"Subaru # 2"

stella.sabados
8/17/2014 6:17:32 PM

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

Bought Subaru # 1 in 2011 from Staunton Subaru and had four years of wonderful service both from the dealership and the Service Department. Valley Subaru is the place to go especially if you are affiliated with USAA. The car buying experience was a breeze. Thank your Patrick! Both the salws manager and finance officer were knowledgeable and efficient.

Twitter
"Our NEW Subaru Dealer is Valley Subaru; sales rep is Patrick"

Goldilocks15
8/16/2014 11:30:18 PM

John Dixon
Dave Parr.

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

I found a new dealership when we got fed up with processing fees that prove that some dealers don't have a conscience about costs. $599 and $499 for processing is obscene, (and they know it is, but they think you haven't got a choice.) Wrong! We made our choice to not play their games.

So we found Staunton Subaru (which sold to Valley in between our order of a vehicle and our taking delivery when it arrived.) It is now Valley Subaru. It was a little further away, and in a direction we don't often travel, but various things showed us it will be worth the extra miles to be able to trust the place you buy from.
Their processing fee was $299. Considering that others around here are getting ridiculous in this area, this told us they ate least understand how unfair those $500-600 fees are.
I also needed a Subaru part for our 2010 Outback at the time I drove up to test drive a new one in July. I talked to the parts guy, verified they had the part, and he set it aside for me to pick up when we came. He also gave me a discount because I told him that over 25 years ago, we had bought from the previous dealership that became Staunton Subaru. He kindly gave me the discount they give to customers who have bought vehicles from them, though it wasn't till a couple hours later that I ordered our new Outback. He was super helpful and had a great attitude. I don't know what happened with the negative reviewer in 2011 who had such troubles with someone named Mitch. This probably wasn't him, and I doubt he is still around. Anyway, this guy was a polar opposite to that guy named "Mitch."

Our salesman is Patrick, and I highly recommend him! He told me about the upcoming sale when we first ordered our new 2015 Outback Limited. Some places might not want to share that because it might make some buyers afraid of confusion and problems with their order being bought through the next owners. We trusted Patrick and he has proven excellent in every way, throughout the process.
I had questions about different vehicle options, wrestled with changing our order, but eventually kept it as ordered. I did modify some of the dealer installed options before the car came.
Then I also asked for some things to be done to the car when it arrived to make sure everything was perfect before we took delivery. As I had asked, they did a tire alignment and verified tire pressures, and when we took the final test drive in the new vehicle, I had confidence I could assess things objectively if there had been any issues.
The car performance was awesome, and we quickly headed back to finish the paperwork.

Patrick took plenty of time showing us the various car features (we even discovered a feature my wife's 2010 Outback has that we never even knew!!) Patrick was helpful in every way. He talked straight talk, didn't just tell us what he thought we'd want to hear, and worked to find out information anytime we had any questions along the way between ordering and finally receiving the vehicle. That's no small task with someone like me, who questions nearly everything and wants to understand as much as possible beforehand.
This trait serves me well in many ways, but it also makes me tough to satisfy unless you do your homework. He did his. I give Patrick the highest marks in every way. He is helpful, responsive, patient, and very easy to deal with. It was almost like buying from a good friend, but without the feeling that you wouldn't want to step on toes or hurt feelings, just able to be honest if you had a concern. I'll call Patrick again without hesitation to buy our next Subaru.
I never felt any regret that we found this dealership, and I expect to bring our vehicles to them for any service we need going forward. Their people seem first rate. The sales manager, John Dixon, also is very helpful and easy to deal with. He found out that the invoice price came in lower than he had expected, and was happy to lower our price accordingly. The finance manager, Dave, was very thorough and explained everything about the purchase price and fees as we completed the deal.
We feel very good about all of these folks working together as a team to keep our Subaru experience going for years to come!

"Wonderful Experience"

smithbill
8/15/2014 10:00:57 PM

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

Best new car buying experience my wife and I have ever had. We did our homework on Subaru and had already decided on a new one. We can't imagine finding a better dealership to have visited.

"My First Subaru"

rskito
8/12/2014 6:44:44 PM

Dustin Campbell
Dave the finance guy
John Dixon

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

During the process of car shopping, I visited many local dealerships. Staunton Subaru (now Valley Subaru) was head and shoulders above the rest. My salesman, Dustin Campbell, and the entire staff were friendly and very knowledgeable about their product. They took time to answer my questions and address my concerns. There was no high-pressure song and dance, only straight-up honest dealing. If the rest of my experience with Valley Subaru is as pleasant as my purchase experience, this may be my first Subaru, but it won't be my last.

Twitter
"Easy and Excellent Way to Purchase a Car!"

huntlh
8/6/2014 5:37:56 PM

Jesse
Dustin

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

We found the Subaru Outback we wanted online and the Internet rep, Jesse, was super helpful in setting up our meeting. My husband and I drove an hour to get to Valley Subaru and arrived at 6:45 p.m. Dustin was waiting at the door and was very friendly and ready for our visit when we arrived. We left at 9:15 p.m. after test driving the car and doing all the paperwork. It really was quite easy to get through it all and the staff were on top of everything! I would highly recommend them to anyone purchasing a new car.

"Great experience"

boughtasubaru
8/2/2014 10:08:24 AM

Dustin Campbell

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

I had a great experience with Dustin. He was very helpful. The transaction was smooth and helped me find the car that was right for my needs. I will continue to buy vehicles from this dealership.

Twitter
"I bought a car there & went there for a while to get..."

crimora
1/24/2012 5:29:40 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Employee(s) Dealt With:
subaru service maintenance dept. & jeff sales person

1.2

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

I bought a car there & went there for a while to get oil changes until i realized the mechanics not only don't know what they are doing but they also try to scam me. A couple of times at the oil change appointment they would tell me i needed to get two tail light bulbs replaced but i have someone that does that at a lower cost than subaru. I can't see paying $40.00 to have 2 bulbs put in,come on now.When i took it to my mechanic i was told i only needed one buld. They did this several times once it did not need any new tail light bulbs at all. Also i wanted to have it checked to see why it was using oil or if it was leaking oil they told me it needed head gaskets & it would cost $1,600. I took it to my mechanic (europen auto sport)to get a second opinion they said it did not need head gaskets. They said the car is fine its just using some oil which is normal.I wonder how many people that go there are told they have something wrong with there vehicle & its really not. Also, when i bought the car the sale was a rip off bait & switch. Do not take your car there for mechanic work. You will get ripped off. They do not have good character or integrity all they are interested in is making money any way they can.

Twitter
"Beware the parts counter. It's staffed by Mitch, who is..."

harbl
3/5/2011 10:08:47 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Mitch

2.4

My Review Of Valley Subaru:

Beware the parts counter. It's staffed by Mitch, who is at best indifferent to your presence and reluctant to actually help. At worst, he's surly, argumentative, condescending, and more than willing to give you the wrong part just to get you away from the counter.

Service isn't much better; multiple trips to not resolve the same issue (or to be told that you don't know what you're talking about) are not uncommon. The sales staff will be more than helpful right up to the point where you drive the car off the lot, at which point you no longer exist. It won't matter if your car came with defects or missing equipment that you paid for from the factory - calls won't be returned and if you go in in person, the sales staff will do their best to avoid dealing with you.

Oh, the sales manager (whose name unfortunately escapes me) is a dismissive little twit in a Pringle sweater who seems to be incapable of engaging in eye contact when speaking with a customer. One of his favorite things to do when met with a point he doesn't want to deal with is to tell you how things worked back when he was with Audi. Frankly, I don't care about his past employers; I just want my situation dealt with.

In the five years I've had to deal with them, it's become such an unpleasant experience that I now drive 40 miles over to Brown Subaru in Charlottesville. Harrisonburg Subaru would be closer, but as it's owned by the same automotive group as Staunton Subaru they're not high on my list of places I want to take my car.