Wigder Chevrolet

Wigder Chevrolet
Call
Wigder Chevrolet Info
About Wigder Chevrolet

The Wigder family has served the automotive needs of Essex, Morris , Union and Bergen Counties of New Jersey for over 87 years. Wigder has an award winning Service department and Body shop with GM trained technicians, a fully stocked GM parts department, and have been selected as a Saturn authorized service facility.

About Wigder Chevrolet

Saturday Closed

Saturday Closed

• Body Shop

"I purchased my vehicle from Wigder less then a year and a..."

I purchased my vehicle from Wigder less then a year and a half ago, as a CPO vehicle. The salesman I had was Dante Morrison, who by far is an incredible salesman. Not pushy, open about the pricing, and went totally above and beyond what I would ever expect from a salesman. If I were writing a review for him, I would give him nothing less then 5 stars. I trusted him so much when my fiance needed a new car we went back to the dealership for him to purchase another vehicle for her the next month. So to put this into perspective I personally have purchased 2 cars from this dealership. But, this is a review now about the sales, but the service, or as I'm concerned at this point lack there of. Since I purchased my car from this dealer I have taken it only to them for service. I have had a few issues here and there, some they took care of some that I took care of myself. For instance the TPSM went bad within the first week, they replaced it no issue, the battery died in 3 days they reimbursed me for my cost. The tires wouldn't work in the 1/2" of snow, I had to pay for new ones, the rear shocks gave out in 2 months, I had to cover it because "they weren't covered". I didn't push the issue, or argue with them about it I said fine, causing me to spend about $1200 on my car in the first 3 months of owning it. Now, there is an issue with a drivetrain part, so you figure it should be covered under the 5yr/100,00 mile warranty, since my car has less then 55,000miles, but guess what? They say its not. I show them a copy of the warranty directly from GM for Chevrolet which does not list the part as an exemption, as the exemptions are listed as: "Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming." They just say well on our end it shows its not covered, if you want to fix it it will cost $500 for the part, which costs $125, plus labor. I argue with them about it, so they tell me well, we can do it for $200 because of your loyalty. I refused, and walked out. I told them since they are not going to take care of the part under the warranty, and they are over charging for the part I refuse to ever come back. One of the sales managers that heard me came after me trying to handle the situation, but shows me what they have on the service end. Despite pointing out that a warranty is a contract between the manufacturer and the customer, if it is not expressed to the customer something is not covered then they were hiding information, and is unacceptable, not to mention the number of cars I purchased from them, that I have even brought other family members to them, and that I covered certain things that should have been covered by them, but just took care of it because it wasn't worth the argument, I was incredibly insulted, and don't even plan on coming back nor would I recommend them anymore. To which he did nothing to help, but show me their papers. I have been in a fight with corporate Chevrolet, and they have been in contact with this dealer, who has done nothing to solve this problem. Not only that, but Chevrolet Corporate has called me to ensure that the dealership called to to discuss the matter four days after they were supposed to, which I have informed them they have not attempted to contact me at all. I not only expected the dealer to stand behind any and all vehicles they sell, but especially a CPO vehicle that they claim to have inspected to the point that is certified, but I would expect them to take car of their loyal customers, not try to take advantage of them. I would have expected better from a family owned and operated dealer that boasts about customer service, quality, and once you purchase from they you are part of the family. I'm severely disappointed in this dealer, and unless they can solve the issue fairly I do not intend on returning, nor would I ever recommend anyone pay them a penny for a vehicle or service.

"Absolutely a pleasure to deal with. As a Massachusetts..."

Absolutely a pleasure to deal with. As a Massachusetts resident purchasing a vehicle in NJ, the logistics can be challenging. Ed Goldstein was responsive and meticulous from start to finish. In addtion, Ed, Mark (finance) and PJ (sales manager) were quick to assist when the vehicle title was lost by the 3rd party carrier in transit. Needless to say, i would recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a vehicle, whether Chevrolet or otherwise.

Sales Manager (PJ)

"I am not one to leave reviews and I always think that..."

I am not one to leave reviews and I always think that reviews are left by people at the dealer, but now I see that when you truly receive great service it makes you want to share your experience. I've done my research and have plenty of experience with many different chevy/gmc dealers across northern nj. Excellent example of a great salesman. I read reviews to see who I would like to deal with when I went to the dealer and Ed Goldstein was the one. As soon as he found out what I was looking for he pulled it in the service garage so I can see it in the light and it was warm since it was dark and 20 degrees outside. He also pulled up the other truck I was looking at so I can compare them both. He offered a test drive on both, we took only one and during the 5 mile test drive was just small talk not a sales pitch. During the brutal negotiating we laughed and at the end I was happy with the deal I got, considering the trade I had that I still owed on. The whole experience was a good time and I'm happy with my purchase and the deal I recieved. It was a pleasure dealing with Eddie G. They will defiantly be my dealer recommendation. THANK YOU WIGDER

"The entire staff was friendly and professional. ..."

The entire staff was friendly and professional. Dealership was able to find better financing rates than I could. Absolutely no hidden fees with their financing.

"This was a great car buying experience. Mine was a..."

This was a great car buying experience. Mine was a little complicated as I had a balance on my trade-in, They handled that extremely well. I got a great price on the new car although I was a little disappointed in the price given for my trade. Everyone here acts like a professional and I was treated like they really wanted my business. If you are in the market for a car, you can't go wrong going to Wigder.

"Gwen helped us out on a Thursday nite about 45 mins..."

Gwen helped us out on a Thursday nite about 45 mins before their closing time. she was extremely amiable, knowledgeable and very receptive to every single one of our concerns and questions. we actually test drove one and checked out a second vehicle. everybody else was gone by the time we decided to put a deposit down for a 2012 Traverse. all with a smile and a silk touch. awesome. thanks again Gwen, we love our new ride and will def recommend our friends and fam to go see you when they need honest advice on buying a new Chevy!!

Gwen Stuart

"The overall experience was great. From being greated at..."

The overall experience was great. From being greated at the door to signing the paperwork. I have purchased many vehicles over the years I highly reccomend the dealership.

"To start off I want to say that Wigder Chevrolet was a..."

To start off I want to say that Wigder Chevrolet was a fantastic place to shop for my new vehicle. Over the past few months I have been looking for a used Chevy Tahoe. I had been out on many test drives and looked at many dealers and just had not found the right car for me. After searching more on the internet I came across Wigder. I called and spoke with Matt who informed me that the vehicle I was interested in was in fact still at the dealer and that I could come in later that day to take a look at it. He went above and beyond and even E-mailed me more information on the vehicle so that I could look it over before arriving. After searching the dealer site more, I found another vehicle and quickly E-mailed him back to inquire and he assured me that the vehicle was there. Later that day I went up and he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about both vehicles and answered all the questions that I had. When it came time to talk business he was extremely up front and didn’t try to hide anything. He also never once pressured me into doing anything that I was not prepared or ready to do. He took the time to explain every little detail about all the fees, taxes, loan arrangements and options. He really was a pleasure to work with. Everyone from the Sales representative Matt to the Manager Chris who assisted with all the paperwork, signing, and warranty information was excellent to work with. I just want to say thanks to everyone from Wigder, I love my new GMC Yukon and will always keep Wigder Chevrolet in my mind whenever I need to purchase a new vehicle in the Future.

"Very happy experience with them. They offered me a very..."

Very happy experience with them. They offered me a very good price for my new Equinox. There is no hidden fees at all. The whole process is very smooth. Will do business with them again.

"I went to Wigder Chevrolet because of an ad that I found..."

I went to Wigder Chevrolet because of an ad that I found on AutoTrader.com..Scott Marlowe showed me the used Acura that I was interesred in and was very comfortable answering all of my questions about the car, even though Widger is not a Honda dealership. While Scott would not come down on the price, he could not have been more helpful in every other way.

Matt Osborne