Wilson Motors Toyota

Bellingham, Washington 98228
Wilson Motors Toyota Info

Tetazman6677
6/15/2012

"Customer service was amazing :-) would recommend this..."

Customer service was amazing :-) would recommend this dealership to all my family. My entire experience there was quick and easy. Family friendly and easy to get around.

Edison Van Vlimmeren

Jeff123456
6/08/2012

"Peter Wilson was one of my best friends. I miss him. I..."

Peter Wilson was one of my best friends. I miss him. I only wish my experience at Wilson Toyota was a good one, but it was not. Wilson Toyota's service department told me that my 2000 Toyota Tundra was unsafe to drive due to corrosion problems. I was told that the same problem existed in the Tacoma's and people were taken care of. I should expect the same for my Tundra. After meeting Rick Wilson for the first time in over 10 years (I was just a kid the last time I saw him) I felt confident I was going to be treated well. I was wrong. I purchased a new used Toyota Tundra 2007 from Wilson. I had driven across the country towing a camper trailer with my wife and 2 year old daughter, and was not going to risk driving that truck anymore (the upper and lower ball joints failed on the left front wheel while towing a trailer a week before) . Of course the sales staff new I was in a tight spot. They took well advantage of it. Yes you guessed it, they never honored the recall. To this day the truck is in Bellingham WA. The rear brake lines are rusted through, the spare tire has been removed and is in the bed of the truck (Toyota's Recommendation) so it doesn't fall out and kill somebody while driving. No worries there, it un-drivable now. They claim to be un-equiped to do the job. WHAT? Wilson Toyota screwed over one of the owners dead son's best friends, and they will do it to you too. This will be my last Toyota.

Alan Taylor

j yereance
4/17/2012

"Friendliness I really hate salesmen. I hated them before..."

Friendliness I really hate salesmen. I hated them before I married one and I hate them even more since I divorced him. When I arrived at Wilson motors Joe Fisher waded out into the pouring rain to greet me. That turned out to be fortunate because for me he was the right man for the job, informative, pleasant and very low key. If that approach appeals to you go to Wilson motors and ask for Joe I highly recommend him. Overall I don’t shop for cars often so I was caught by surprise by the ‘document fees’ on the contact and the last minute warranty pitch but overall I have to say that it was as good an experience as I can expect. (I don’t like shopping.) The cars I drove were clean and ran beautifully and I did not feel pressured. Price Wilson's was willing to match offers for similar cars

Joe Fisher

disappointedcust
2/13/2012

"I have nothing but regret dealing with Wilson Motors, I..."

I have nothing but regret dealing with Wilson Motors, I purchased 4 cars over the past 6 years. I will not buy another Toyota so that I will not have to deal with Wilson again !!!

dgates2960
1/05/2012

"I was recently in the market for a "new" used..."

I was recently in the market for a "new" used car to replace my '02 Toyota Camry. I had been searching the internet for a week or two, when I happened to find one I was interessted in at Wilson Toyota. When I first called the dealership, I spoke with Tony. However, when I got there, he was already a customer, so he introduced me to Joe. I was impressed from the minute I walked in. First of all, there was no "I talked to her first, therefore she's MY customer" from Tony. That, in itself, was impressive. Then, as Joe and I began talking and eventually taking the car for a test drive, it became apparent that this was not your typical high pressure car dealership/salesperson. I ended up trading in my '02 Camry for an '09 model and absolutely love it. Being that it was a used vehicle, the car had a few little scratches and a slightly deeper key scratch on the passenger door. Joe referred me to David at Auto Works, just up the road, to see what he could do for me. David was amazing. My new car looked great for an '09, but now it looks like a 2012! Joe emailed me a couple of days after I drove away with my new car just to check in and thank me for coming in to Wilson Toyota. Then, he called me yesterday to follow-up and find out if I had had a chance to take my car to David. As a former salesperson myself, this type of high-level customer service is very much appreciated. I'm already looking forward to purchasing my next vehicle from Joe in a few years! Thanks, Joe!

Joe

98225Guy
12/17/2011

"After 4 years of iffy service (oops, sorry about the leak..."

After 4 years of iffy service (oops, sorry about the leak in your garage...forgot to completely tighten that radiator flush plug) and inability to diagnose and correct occasional issues (we can see/hear it, but darned if we can figure out what it is) with my 4Runner, I'll be taking it in to the dealer in Burlington from now on. They're a 30-minute drive south (vs 7 now), but much better rated for service.

Various

sscox
10/09/2011

"Professional, minimal dickering and made the process of..."

Professional, minimal dickering and made the process of purchasing a car relatively pleasant. We are from Seattle but would drive again to Bellingham to do business with this dealership.

Tony Faux / Stephanie

Ianmagnifico
9/08/2011

"After setting up a deal through Craig's List to buy out a..."

After setting up a deal through Craig's List to buy out a lease (for a Prius purchased at Wilson) the owner and I reached out to Wilson's to broker the deal (Wilson would buy the car from Toyota then sell it to me.) When contacted they were more than happy to do this for a $300 processing fee... seemed fair. I even called to confirm what was needed, at which point I was assured this wouldn't be an issue and was also asked about my financing, which was already in place. When I met the Prius owner at Wilson's we sat down and started on the paperwork, all seemed well. While RJ (another dealer) was on the phone with Toyota Financial Services for a buyout John Evans (who we had started the deal with) came over waving his hand saying "stop everything" to the point where he instructed RJ to "hang up the phone." John told us he spoke to the General Manager who stated due to "liability" Wilson could not complete this transaction, something he just found out and that he was sorry. When we asked if we could simply add terms to the agreement absolving Wilson we were told "if we sold this and you got in an accident and the tires or breaks were bad we (Wilson) would be at fault." We then asked if we could pay Wilson to preform an inspection to which we were told that wasn't allowed. Within seconds we were shown the door (RJ bolted the moment after he hung up) at which point John offered to "walk me through the car" after we made the purchase, though he provided no suggestion as to how we could complete the transaction. Frustrated we contacted Foothills Toyota in Burlington who were more than willing to preform the exact same service for half the cost ($150) plus a $98 dollar inspection fee. Fast forward a day, I now own a 2010 Prius which passed inspection and Foothills has earned a customer for life. I cannot convey how rudely and unprofessionally we were treated by Wilson's and what I am sure was simply sour grapes that because A) I did not want financing through them or B) that they weren't making a great deal of money from this. Their "penny wise pound foolish" approach to casting aside a guaranteed future service customer showed how little interest they had in making new customers. I live three miles from Wilson but will be driving 25 miles to Foothill for service because I feel my dollars are the best reward I can give for excellent service.

John Evans

danny lopez
8/07/2011

"We are out of towners and were referred to Stephanie..."

We are out of towners and were referred to Stephanie Akers at Wilson Toyota, as we were looking for a new Toyota Highlander. We were greeted with a smiling face and happy energy. Steph is knowledgeable and efficient. She is a good listener and located a car for us. We were pleased with the staff's services. We felt no pressure and she and the staff walked us through the buying experience without a hitch. Thank you Miss Steph Akers, You're the best! Danny

Stephanie Akers

etchcraft
7/31/2011

"Crystal was very helpful and knowledgeable in the the..."

Crystal was very helpful and knowledgeable in the the purchase of my new Camry. She was able to find me the best deal possible and this is the second time that she has helped me purchase a new car.

Crystal