York Kia of Medford

Medford, Massachusetts 02155
York Kia of Medford Info

tina
6/09/2016

"Sleazy, rude, and and frustrating to deal with."

Unbelievably rude, no ethics. I had 2 blown tires and a gold level tire warranty purchased when I leased my 2013 Soul from another dealer. When 2 tires were trashed by road debris, I had Kia Roadside tow the car to York Kia because it's close to where I work and more convenient. I had to call them mid-next day; they did not call me as promised. Service department (Kirell?) was to tell me that all 4 tires showed serious wear and needed to be replaced AND that my brakes were down to 2 mm and should also be replaced. I told the service guy that the other tires are not worn (less than 20,000 miles on them), it is a leased vehicle from another dealer and to please not touch the brakes - please just replace to 2 trashed tires covered by the warranty. Tone of the service guy changed the second he heard that information. When no one had called by the end of the day, I called and was, essentially, told that they would call me when it was ready - he said that 3 times, talking on top of me, then he hung up. It got worse - much worse. In the end, it took them 46 hours to tell me that (1) they didn't have my tires in stock, but it didn't matter because (2) they are not authorized by the tire warranty company to do service on my tires. They suggested I pay for the tires and service out of pocket then work with the warranty company to get reimbursed. My dealer tells me that's ridiculous - this is a Kia warranty and all Kia dealerships are qualified to do the work. So, 48 hours later, I'm using Kia Roadside Service AGAIN, but this time to tow my care from York Kia to Herb Chambers Kia. It's possible that the sales people may be reasonable folks and relatively honest, but do you really want to buy from a dealership whose service department that has no use for your business unless they can talk you into paying for tires or brakes you don't need? I'd rather keep driving out of my way for service and will be sticking with Herb Chambers long after I purchase my vehicle post-lease.

Not sure of spelling - Kirell?

nate5238
2/18/2016

"Deceptive Sales Techniques "

Despite the wonderful experience I had here, I've come to learn the sales person lied during the process. I asked several times if Sirius/XM was included for the duration of the lease, he assured us it was MULTIPLE times. Turns out the subscription just expired and Henry is going back on what he said. He's now claiming that both I and my wife confused (multiple times) his comments on the Sirius/XM subscription with the car's warranty (on a lease?). Interesting approach to getting caught in a lie.. insult the intelligence of your customers instead of admitting fault.. Avoid using this dealership. If you do, make sure to get EVERYTHING in writing.

Henry

Xterriffic
7/02/2013

"After having done extensive research on the net for a..."

After having done extensive research on the net for a used Nissan Xterra, I found one listed at York Kia that fit my very picky--perhaps unrealistic criteria. I navigated to York Kia's website and took a chance, I felt, by clicking the "e-price" option for the vehicle. Imagine my surprise and delight when I heard back from Tiffany within minutes--a friendly greeting with an even friendlier price reduction than what was listed on the website. After several correspondences, I set up an appointment for a test drive. Sitting in Boston traffic for nearly two hours in the heat of June to get to the dealership was no fun but made worthwhile when I was finally greeted first by the Xterra in the parking lot. I was free to explore it alone for a few minutes, and then Andrew, a friendly and knowledgable sales representative who, I was later surprised to learn, had just recently started greeted me. The rest of the experience was easy and excellent: a great test drive through Medford, no pressure when it came to price and the trade team worked extensively to pinch every penny out of my trade and put it toward my new car. Erin had the finances done efficiently and answered, without hesitation, all of my questions intelligently and concisely, researching a number of options to best meet my financing needs. Andrew said that York Kia of Medford tries to do things differently than other dealerships. They do. It was actually a fun experience and definitely worth the long drive. I highly recommend this dealership for their good pricing, laid-back demeanor, and my all-around good experience. Thank you Andrew, Erin, Tiffany and team!

Andrew Warnock, Erin Brinkerhoff, Tiffany Everett

theottleys
12/09/2012

"We could not have asked for a better experience than the..."

We could not have asked for a better experience than the one we got at York Kia. We especially want to call attention to the exemplary service provided by Jerry, one os the sales guys. He was knowledgable, courteous, respectful, and didn't try to take advantage of us. We had done our research, and know what the True Market Value of the model we wanted was. Jerry never pressured us, and let us come to our own decision - even when we had made it clear that we were still considering another brand late in the process. In the end, having chosen Kia, we spent less than an hour discussing a final price - a far cry from what we had heard was going to happen. All in all, our experience with York Kia was easy; they made the potentially harrowing experience of buying a car actually pleasurable. (The only reason for the 4 stars for 'Price' was that...well, no one wants to shell out that amount of money, but it was a fair price that let everyone come out ahead - which is what you want!)

Jerry DeFilippo

xboxkent
10/25/2012

"Was looking for a used 2012 Soul and what I found at York..."

Was looking for a used 2012 Soul and what I found at York was perfect. when setting up my appointment to test drive the vehicle, Adam Richards and Tiffany Everett was OUTSTANDING with replying quickly to my emails and providing all the information I requested. When I showed up at York Kia, I was greeted by Tiffany who then introduced us to Ali. Ali was fantastic at answering all my questions and excellent at helping us get the deal we wanted. 2 Hours later we were driving away with our new vehicle. AWESOME dealer and I will be back for service. Want to also mention that I live 35 miles away from York and drive past 2 other Kia dealers but will in the future continue to make the drive to York. Great job everyone at YORK.

Ali

kfoster979
10/03/2012

"I would recommend this dealership and especially the..."

I would recommend this dealership and especially the sales consultant Billy Callandrillo. He was very personable and easy to work with. I needed a new car but was not looking forward to car shopping due to past experience with pushy sales people. Billy was not pushy at all and was very direct as to what cars he had in my price range and what I was looking for. I was looking for a newer car than I had with low miles and this is exactly what I found. I love my new car and even though it is a few years old it look brand new and has very low mileage. I was also very pleased with how Billy worked with the finance manager and I was able to be right where I wanted to be financially. I was not buying a car that I couldn't afford. I was shown the car that was perfect for me and I am a very pleased customer!!! It even has that new car smell!!! My sister bought her car here about a year ago and I was with her when she bought it and she loves her car too!!

Billy Callandrillo

tcnewt
9/23/2012

"This was by far the best car buying experience I have..."

This was by far the best car buying experience I have ever had! The sales people I worked with were totally professional and courteous. They were completely low pressure and never tried to force us into making a decision. They were respectful of the budget we had set for ourselves and helped us to make a purchase that was within that budget. When we arrived to pick up our vehicle, the paperwork was prepared and ready to be signed, no waiting, very organized. Mike took the time to explain each document to us and answered our questions thoroughly. Right up to the time we left the lot in our new Sorento, the sales people were there to help us, including Jerry who took the time to program our cell phones to connect with the Bluetooth system in the Sorento. Nice! We drove all the way from Central Mass to buy our vehicle at York Kia of Medford and we'd do it again. They were that good!

Adam Richards
Michael Milford
Jerry DeFilippo

Kia Guy 123
8/30/2012

"I had been thinking about getting a new Kia Optima as we..."

I had been thinking about getting a new Kia Optima as we were very happy with our old one. The car had proven itself reliable and resilient (four kids learning to drive on her). York Kia had successfully provided maintenance and one warranty repair and so it was a "no brainer" to go back and buy a vehicle from them. Billy C. and Mike M. provided great transparency into the purchasing process as well as assisting us in deciding "which" Kia would best fit our needs/ budget. Thank you!

Michael Milford
kim

jayusedcar
2/27/2012

"On Sunday I went to York Kia of Medford to buy a used Kia..."

On Sunday I went to York Kia of Medford to buy a used Kia Soul to replace my current Saturn which I purchased new at York when it was a Saturn dealership. This would have been our 3rd or 4th purchase from York. I found a Kia Soul I was interested in. There price was low but the sticker on the car clearly stated NO HAGGLE NO HASSLE Value. When I stated I would like to purchase the car at THEIR sticker price they refused and would not honor their sticker price.

Manager

York Kia of Medford responded to this review

February 27, 2012

The sticker price the customer speaks of was misprinted and stated $1500 and not $15000 for a 2010 Kia Soul with a KBB value of $16135. The correction has since been made.

UnkLegacy
1/31/2012

"I recently purchased a 2012 Kia Soul+ from York Kia of..."

I recently purchased a 2012 Kia Soul+ from York Kia of Medford. The overall experience was good, much better than other dealerships that I contacted within the area. I knew exactly what car I wanted and exactly the price I wanted to pay. With it being near the end of the month, it was fairly easy to get the price of the vehicle to where I wanted it. I didn't get exactly what I expected for my trade, but it needed a lot of work and basically got the difference of the trade minus the repair. As with the other reviews, the Documentation Fee is really high. $399 is frightening, $199 I'd be fully willing to pay. They said it includes removing all of the plastic (I can do that for $0), doing the delivery inspection ($100?), filling the gas tank ($40), first inspection sticker ($29), and a few other things, but only $200 worth of stuff at most. The financial department was really good. I don't remember the rep's name, but there was little pressure to buy (throughout the entire dealings even). I was even shown what each extra option would add to my monthly payments, which really helped in my purchasing decisions. I would recommend this dealer, but would suggest they drop their Documentation Fee $100-200. Or plan to get the price of the car lower/your trade higher if you're not very good at debating the Doc Fee.

Ali and Kasen