Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru

Ross Kelter

Joe Postighone, Sales Manager, Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru

Joe Postighone

November 20, 2017

"Feel in control of your car"

- Matt A

My wife and I recently bought a used 2011 Outback at Bill Kolb Jr Subaru in Orangeburg, NY. The experience was a pleasure from start to finish. Initially I found a car I was interested in on cars.com, and contacted the dealership about it. After finding out it had just been sold, Howard Bonfield invited me to come down and check a few other vehicles out. I was very glad to meet Howard and find out that the salespeople are all non-commission, and that the price you see is the price you pay. I find haggling in purchases to be an old-world idea that is completely unnecessary in today's purchasing world. Howard showed us an Impreza like the one I had initially inquired about, and took us for a test drive. He was very accommodating that both my wife and myself take the test drive, as it would be our shared vehicle. After our drives, I was feeling a little uneasy about the car due to its size, and our lifestyle. I expressed this to Howard and said I wanted something a little bigger. I mentioned Crosstrek and Forester and he made sure to tell me why he thought they wouldn't work for what I was describing. I told him I wanted to drive something else and get a feel for the difference. Even though it was getting late and we had already been with him for a bit, he found us the Outback. We took the same test drives and knew that we had found the right car. Howard's professionalism cannot be ignored. He loves his job, and he takes finding the right car seriously. A lot of salespeople would try to pressure you into buying the first car you try, but Howard was more than happy to accommodate us and ease my concerns. His test drive is also great for new Subaru drivers, since they handle and feel so different compared to other cars. I was coming from a Jeep Patriot, and the lower center of gravity on the Subaru allowed us to power through "The Convincer", a parkway exit that Howard is particularly fond of for showing off the capability of the Subarus. After we decided on our new car, Howard introduced us to Paul Spiegel in the Finance department. Paul helped us understand the financing options we had as well as the vehicle warranty. Instead of having me go through a list of things I wanted to make sure were covered, Paul started with "let me tell you what it doesn't cover", which was a rather short and normal list (brakes, tires, other basic wear and tear parts). Paul made sure to show us everything that was available to us, and helped us understand what it would cost. This dealership has a full mechanical service department which can install all sorts of options like remote starters, security systems, etc. Once we were completely ready (and very satisfied with our trade-in offer), we left a deposit to hold the car for a few days until we could get back with the necessary paperwork to trade in our Jeep. When I picked up the new Outback a few days later, Howard was ready to finish up all the paperwork and take my signature. He asked me if I was ready to "Take command of the vehicle" and handed me the keys. Everything about my purchase was wonderful from start to finish. I fully expect to feel this way when I go for service, and when I buy my next car!

Paul Spiegel

November 17, 2017

"Howard comes through again"

- jonbittmann

Just as he did five years ado, Howard Bonfield was invaluable in helping us find the Outback that perfectly suited our needs and budget. He is a true gentleman and a thorough professional. We have now purchased four Subarus at Kolb Subaru, and you can be sure that we will be back again in the future.

November 17, 2017

"Excellent service"

- scrido

I leased my second Subaru at this dealership. Howard Bonfield is an excellent salesperson and a pleasure. The Finance person, Paul Spiegal was also excellent.

Paul Spiegel