Coast Honda

Sales Person

September 24, 2018

"Honda CRV Lease"

- MicheleK

I recently leased a car from Coast Honda and had a phenomenal car buying experience. Started by filling out a lead form online and worked some numbers then went into the dealership. From the moment I walked through the door I did not feel pressured or just another car sale. They delivered a great car buying experience, Dennis delivered over the top customer service from start to finish he was superb and worked with the team to get the car down to the payments I wanted to pay. The car color of the car I was looking for was not at the dealership but they were very accommodating and got the color I wanted. Before driving the car off the lot Dennis went through everything in the car to make sure I knew how to work every feature in the car. When it came time to signing, Mike was very through and answered any and all questions I had. I would recommend Coast Honda for anyone in the market for a new or -pre-owned car they are fantastic to work with!!!

Dennis Defilippo
Other Employees : Mike

July 28, 2018

"Old school awful tactics"

- JL@Bucks

I recently helped my septuagenarian parents buy a 2018 Honda Sport. Coast Honda was one of the dealerships that we communicated with via email and also went to the showroom to discuss buying the car. Upon entering the small dealership, we waited for a few minutes at the unmanned welcome desk. We had made an appointment days in advance but they seemed unprepared when we arrived despite the fact that there were a number of people around. Once someone came over, we advised him that we had an appointment with Robin Hines, the Internet manager. We were taken to Robin right away and sat down at her desk. As soon as we sat down Robin informed us we had a problem – the car price we were given in email for the 2018 Honda Accord Sport was the wrong price. The real price of the 2018 Honda Accord Sport was $1347.00 more than what Coast Honda sent to us in email. She advised us though, that she was ready to help with our problem. I was so surprised to be honest. It's 2018, we are 60 seconds into meeting with the dealer and the bait and switch is in full force. Wow. Just. Wow. I thought this tactic was retired long ago but evidently no one told Coast Honda. Robin went on again describing how this was our problem but again, she was here to help. I thought, what an insincere offer of help. If she really wanted to fix the problem, Coast Honda just had to honor the price offered in email. Simple. Coast Honda however, had no intention of honoring the emailed price. I advised Robin that they were acting in bad faith and they should honor the price given in email. She left to get the manager John. John advised us that the price Coast would sell the Accord Sport at was indeed $1347.00 more than the emailed quote. When I told John that the bait switch was an awful tactic he replied that was not how they did business. That seemed like a helluva response since we were knee deep in that very business practice from Coast Honda. At this point it was time to take my parents to a dealer that was honest, transparent, and didn't make us feel so slimy. We couldn't put Coast Honda in the rear view mirror fast enough. Buying a car just shouldn't be so difficult. Years ago I thought the Internet would truly change some of the awful practices that gave car buying a bad name for so many people. Sadly, it hasn't and evidently there are dealerships that appear to struggle with the evolution. Coast Honda is one of those under evolved dealerships - at least as far as my experience goes. Side note: Coast Honda includes this sentence in email: "Our family feels you should experience nothing but the highest level of customer care, and that is what I promise to you." Um, about that sentence . . .

June 14, 2018

"Rip off artists"

- CD759

I brought my Honda CRV in for a mandatory recall. Got a call that power cable connected to recall part broke. It wasn't broken when I dropped it off. They wouldn't release my car until I paid the $61. I tried talking to the service manager, but they gave me some lie about the manager being on vacation and they were sure he would want to refund me that charge. Two weeks later no call, nothing. What a rip off. I don't have time to try and get the money back. I will never step foot on that lot, or buy a Honda again. Terrible experience. I am discouraged from ever bringing my car in for a recall. Really feels like consumer fraud.

Joe in th e srevice department

New 2018 Honda Accord, $30865