DARCARS Toyota of Baltimore

Adula Carr

Sales & Leasing Consultant
4.3

September 29, 2017

"A dealership full of liars that lie through their teeth"

- Kevin

I found a car online and called them to see if I can see it. I live 50 miles away but thought it was a good priced car so it was worth the trip. Benny answered the call. I asked him to confirm the options listed online are actually in the car. He said the listing was accurate and everything is there, without any hesitation. I even called him when I was on my way and asked him questions. And he sounded so professional that I felt very good about this car. After one and half hour of drive due to heavy traffic, I got to the dealership and saw Benny standing outside the door. I was happy and thought he was so dedicated. Things went downhill quickly as soon as Benny opened his mouth. He handed me the car fax and said he could take me to see the car. However, the service manager had left and he took the key. This really infuriated me since it took me so long to get to here and apparently the manager already left when I called him. Nevertheless I decided to take a look at the car. It was dark and the car was covered by dust since they have not even washed it. I could not see anything and I doubt Benny saw the inside of the car, even though he promised me that all the options I wanted are in the car. I left the dealership very disappointed, but decided to call back and find Waverly who has received good reviews on this site. I called him several times before driving there to make sure it has the options I wanted. And of course, Waverly positively affirmed that the car is great and it has everything I wanted. If I could give Benny a negative 100, Waverly deserves negative 99. Once I got inside the car, it does not have half of the options that the dealership lists on the web site. They create false advertisement and train the salesmen to get you to come in the door and try their luck to see if you will buy anything. They sit in their chairs and just make things up to make you feel good on the phone so that you come to the dealership. I chose Waverly from this review site since he has a dozen good reviews. He probably thinks the customers are suckers and waiting to be taken to the cleaner. If Waverly is the highest ranked salesman on this site, I can only imagine how the other guys treat their customers. Watch for your wallet when they sit next to you.

Waverly Chambers
Other Employees : Benny

September 14, 2017

"Positive experience with Adula Carr, salesperson "

- Satisfied Customer

Mr. Carr was professional, responded right away to calls, fixed a sensor, no high pressure sales tactics. Helped accommodate a request to change FEDEx shipping.

Adula Carr
Juan Henriquez
Other Employees : Receptionist was also nice.

June 02, 2017

""WELL DID YOU GET THAT IN WRITING!?" - manager at DARCARS"

- JJL0924

Bought my brand new 2017 Camry from here 2 months ago. I got a chip of paint taken out of my hood after the purchase. I had brought my car in for an unrelated reason and had asked the salesman how much it would cost to fix this little chip. I asked because I had a great experience with this person and he kept insisting that he would "take care of me". I was expecting it to cost a hundred or so, its not that big but he said its not that big and he would "take care of me" and they could fix that for free. "it was no big deal" he said. I called in last night and had a conversation with a new manager (not the one I dealt with for my purchase apparently he has left) and he got pretty heated with me over the phone asking why I expected them to fix something for free that wasn't there fault? I was a bit taken back (both by what he was saying and the tone he was using to me) and explained to him that I expected nothing but was told it was a minor fix and since I just spent 20K+ at their establishment that they would fix this for free. He rudely interrupted me with a loud "WHO TOLD YOU THIS!?" When I told him he then proceeded to call me a LIAR and the conversation ended with him repeating the same UNBELIEVABLE sentence over and over again "WELL DID YOU GET IT IN WRITING!?!?!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Its like they he was trying to come off as shady and untrustworthy! I do not blame the salesman. Maybe I'm being naïve but I honestly believe he wanted to help. Maybe he overstepped in saying they could fix my issue for free I don't know. I honestly wasn't expecting free but hoped for a cheaper fix since I just spent so much money at there business. But to be treated like that from a manager that I have never met before. Its unbelievable. I wish I had recorded the conversation. Long story short the new manager was practically yelling at me over the phone "WELL DID YOU GET THAT IN WRITING!?" If that isn't textbook shady business I don't know what is.

New manager. Not sure about his name

New 2018 Toyota Highlander, $36343