Hall Nissan Chesapeake

Eric King, Senior Sales Associate, Hall Nissan Chesapeake

Eric King

Senior Sales Associate

October 04, 2018

"Dissatisfied with the customer service"

- Brehon H

I purchased my 2016 Hyundai Sonata from Hall Nissan in May of 2017. I had recently suffered a bankruptcy and I also was in need of a reliable vehicle that could accommodate my daily commute to and from work (I work approximately two hours from where I live ). The salesman who sold me the vehicle was very professional and straightforward and he made me feel valued as a customer. I cannot say enough good things about him. And at the onset, the sales manager who helped me with the paperwork and financial information seemed appreciative of my business and also appeared to make me feel important as a customer. That person was Ethan Levy. I drove off the lot that day with the mindset that this was going to be a great union. Unfortunately, the very next day after I purchased the vehicle, I was working when a mini hailstorm took place outside my job. Luckily, no glass portions of my vehicle became damaged because of the storm. But there was body damage. I now had several mini dents all over the body of the vehicle. And I’d only had the vehicle for one day. I was upset about the situation but I was optimistic that the dealership that sold me the vehicle on the previous day would do something about the matter to correct the problem. I soon found out that that wasn’t going to be the case. I initially called and spoke with Ethan Levy and he immediately responded to my situation with nonchalance. He indicated that there was nothing that they could do. I had signed up for a vehicle service contract at the time of the purchase. And although body damage isn’t covered in that contract, I felt as though because I was a new customer, that the dealership would be solution oriented and would remain committed to the quality customer service experience. I later spoke to the store manager, and while yes he was more sympathetic to my misfortune, he also did not offer assistance. Also, at the onset of the vehicle purchase, I was told that each time I had to bring the vehicle in for any sort of service, that the interior of the vehicle would be cleaned out as a complimentary courtesy. I did bring the vehicle back to the location on at least three different occasions (for oil changes and vehicle inspection ). On all of the occasions, I was told that it would be no problem cleaning out the vehicle but that I would have to wait for two additional hours for that service. I understand that there are other jobs to be done with other customers, however, as I stated above, I commute two hours a day each way for my employment. So on my days off, while I’m trying to get things done such as vehicle maintenance, my time is very valuable and I expect some level of customer appreciation. So I ended up not getting the vehicle cleaned each time. I was still disappointed about the situation though. It was at this point that I started to question the dealership and staff as a whole. I wondered where was the same enthusiastic energy from the employees that was there on the day that I purchased the vehicle. Now it’s October of 2018, and I’m starting to have issues with my headlights and my air conditioning. I have been paying my monthly vehicle service contract bill and everything (outside of the dent/hailstorm situation) has been going great with the workability of the vehicle. I take the vehicle to Hall Nissan Western Branch and explain what is happening. Again I am dealing with Ethan Levy. In the months leading up to October 2018, I’d known that my vehicle service contract would soon be closing out because the vehicle was in the 99000 miles ballpark. And honestly, there’s confusion surrounding that because between Hall Nissan, Fidelity (who the warranty is through), and SPP, Inc. (the payment processor) ,no one can give me a direct answer on whether the coverage expires at 99000 miles or does the coverage expire at 99000 miles FROM where the mileage was when I first got the vehicle (which was around 35000 miles). And Mr. Levy gave me every reason and excuse imaginable to lead to him not being able to assist me. He said that the headlight issue appears to be a bulb issue and that I can go to an Advance Auto Parts or an Autozone to have that rectified; all the time leaving out the part about no one being able to get to the bulb because of the vehicle assembly and that a certified dealer service department has to fix the issue. He even went as far as telling me that he used to have a Hyundai Sonata (further showing that he knows that the bulb cannot be obtained without having to somewhat take the vehicle apart). As far as the air conditioning issue , he advised that from what I described , it sounds like a blender issue (which magically is not covered under my service contract). He also indicated that he could not pull up any of my contract information because “the internet was down.” Overall, I feel very dissatisfied with the totality of my experiences with Hall Nissan Western Branch in Chesapeake Virginia. The staff does not go above and beyond for the customer and they are quick to inform you of what they cannot do for you instead of providing quality customer service. I have been very vocal with my friends, family, coworkers, etc. about my displeasure with this business. I have been telling them to not do any business with this location because the staff will make you feel valuable while they are trying to sell you a vehicle. Contrarily, if you need anything after that, they will treat you like garbage. Additionally, I don’t know why Mr. Levy even has a phone extension because he does not answer phone calls or return phone calls or voicemail messages. I will submit this complaint to everywhere that I possibly can because I do not want another consumer to experience what I have experienced.

Ethan Levy

July 09, 2018

"Bad service"

- Mrsdavis

I bought a 2018 rogue IN CASH.. It didn't even take 15mins for efrem and keith to close the deal with me. 3days after i paid my car i realized that the person who cleaned my car took my all weather mat so I tried to get a hold of keith and efrem to assist me to retrieve my mats. Sent them emails, calls them everyday ,leaves voice mail to call me back, yep no avail! I really regret getting my car from them. Bad bad customer service! Will never ever get any car from this dealership ever again!

Keith Powell
Other Employees : Efrem Huger

July 08, 2018

"Good straight up guy"

- billi757

Justin champ did a good job being straight up and making us feel important and confindent That we was making a good investment thanks again Justin!!🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Other Employees : Justin champ, Efrem Huger

Used 2016 Nissan Maxima

2016 Nissan Maxima

New 2018 Nissan Murano, $34286

2018 Nissan Murano

• Extended Service Hours- Open until 7pm Monday – Friday.
  • Hall Nissan Chesapeake's Exclusive No Strings Guarantee with every New & Used Car Purchased.
  • Sales Open 7 days a week.