I really hope that someone who has power over the new management in the service department reads this review and can make positive changes.
My last five experiences with the service department have transformed me from a first time dealer purchaser who would have highly recommended this dealership to someone who will absolutely warn people away or at least manage expectations in regards to any promised after-purchase care of their vehicle. What good is a five year warranty if you can't get in for service or getting in for service turns into a stressful time sink?
In short: The service department is a mess (and I am talking about several experiences over several months, not a single incident) with no way to schedule meaningful service appointments and wait times of over a day long to get service, no loaner cars available. The dealer also defaulted on the promise of free car washes for life.
In the past four months here is my experience:
1. Stopped by for car wash. Was told dealership under new management no more free car washes. Wouldn't wash my car and told me to try coming back in a week. (Are you kidding me, I was totally looking forward to maintaining my new car in tip top shape.)
2. Came back some time later and was told ok, find me the mgr and we will do the car wash, but you'll be told each time you come that we don't do the car washes. (Better, but still, not a great feeling)
3. Made an appointment online for my first major service. Arrived for appointment and was told there were at least 20 cars ahead of me and that it would take at least until the end of the day and did I want to leave my car (no loaner car available). Was told that I could come Monday morning and they would take care of the car expediently.
4. Came Monday morning. Service still backed up. Took over three hours for a basic service and no loaner cars. Dealership didn't charge me for the service and encouraged me to give them time to adjust to their internal changes.
5. Today. Noticed a strange noise in my car. Tried 5 times to call dealer to inquire about wait times/make an appointment. The only call where someone actually answered was cut off. Arrived at dealership (because I've got to have a strange noise looked at, right?). Service backed up until tomorrow, did I want to leave my car (no loaner car). Manager so stressed out that he had trouble answering my questions let alone provide any kind of customer service. I am left with my car still making a strange noise, a loss of my day off, and I will be researching other dealerships for other options (as my car is under warranty).
I am actually considering selling the car and just paying cash for a used vehicle because these experiences have significantly decreased the value of my investment and I honestly don't want to deal with the dealer service center any more.