Marengo Auto Group

Partner and Service Manager

June 04, 2018

"Quality hometown dealer"

- Marengoresident

Our neighbor has purchased from Marengo Auto Group for years. Although they always spoke well of the experience, we just never gave this small local dealership a second look, figuring they couldn’t compete with the larger dealerships in Rockford, Crystal Lake, etc. When a friend at a local bank heard we were looking for a quality used vehicle for our 16 year old she discussed her positive experience at MAG and recommended we start there. So we did . . . and were pleased to discover we didn’t need to leave town. After test driving the 3 models Alex helped us narrow it down to, we spent the next couple weeks researching online and driving through a few other deslerships. Nobody could match the combination of miles, condition and price that we found right here in Marengo.

Alex Bryant

June 01, 2018

"I had a very nice buying experience"

- JohnL

I saw the cargo van type I wanted on CarGurus. Marengo Auto Group had the options I wanted so I drove the 3 hours it took to get there from central Illinois. As I had called to confirm they still had the van, they had taken it in the shop, washed it up and were ready for me when I arrived. I had a trade and thought I knew what it would take in difference money to make a deal. After they looked my vehicle over, they made an offer which was much higher than I expected. Nick sat down with me, showed me all the numbers so I understood where he had arrived at his offer. After some discussion, he came back with the absolute best he could do. I was higher than what I expected to pay but based on his explanation and seeing the numbers, i understood where my assumptions had been wrong and why the deal he offered made sense. I accepted the offer. The paperwork to complete the deal was quickly completed and I left the dealership in my new vehicle! I felt that the dealership gave me the respect and understanding that I needed to make the right deal. It probably helped that I had stopped at one of the "big" dealers on the way and had been treated poorly and had my trade in vehicle insulted but I still felt they did the very best for my particular situation.

Nicholas Opie
Nick Opie

May 26, 2018

"Absolutely amazing"

- Shawn

We have never had a smoother, more pleasant car buying experience. Our sales person was Alex Bryant and we will be going here for our car buying from now on. I wish I could give them a higher rating than 5 stars.

Alex Bryant