Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham - Service Center

Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.

Ashton Higginbotham, Service Advisor, Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham

Dawn Sullivan

October 15, 2018

"Terrible Service Dept."

- JKM

My experience at Mercedes in Irondale was a nightmare to say the least. It all started in Sept. 2018. I had my vehicle towed to this dealership from another mechanic’s shop in Irondale. After a week or more of my calling daily to get updates on my vehicle, I finally got a voicemail from Torri Barber explaining that the troubleshooting process could take several labor hours and become quit expensive as if he were conducting a survey to feel me out & conclude how much I was willing to pay Mercedes of Irondale. The following week I receive another phone call from Torri Barber indicating that my vehicles repair would cost an astounding $1,800. I questioned this amount and asked Mr. Barber to justify the $1,800 in repair cost. What he expressed to me did not add up to this amount by no stretch of the imagination. The very next day I received a phone call from Torti Barber explaining that an error had been made in the service department concerning labor hours and the cost of repair parts, Mr. Barber went on to tell me that the cost of my repair would be reduced by $500. After two more days I received another phone call from Torri Barber saying that my car would need two additional parts to complete the repair. After I informed Mr. Barber that I had waited on my vehicle to be repaired for way to long and I would have the car towed away from Mercedes of Irondale as is and let another repair shop add the additional parts, Mr. Barber called back the next day and said that my vehicle was ready for pickup. The two additional parts supposedly would cost $409+ and $209+ respectively. I found the exact same parts on eBay motors for $17.95 and $4.10. These parts were direct fit and would have worked perfectly on my vehicle per Mercedes in Huntsville. Mr. Barber was compelled to add the one additional part to my repair for $200 flat with no labor cost or tax whatsoever?????? After I paid Torri Barber $1,650 via telephone with my MasterCard, I drove from Alberville, Al to Irondale, Al to pick up my car on a Sat. Mr. Barber was no where to be seen and my car was still disassembled from the repair work that was done. After more than 1 hr. of waiting; my car was finally reassembled with my assistance and getting my own hands greasy after paying $1,650 in advance of arriving at the dealership, my brand new battery was dead and had to be jumped off and charged up before I could drive away from the dealership. I strongly recommend that anyone considering going to Mercedes of Irondale for auto repairs Don’t. Take your vehicle anywhere except Mercedes of Irondale. Worst auto repair experience EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tory Barber

June 25, 2018

"Wonderful car buying experience!"

- KW123

Amira was fantastic and made the car buying experience great! She was very helpful with answering all my questions. I am very happy with my experience buying a car!

Amira Janhaoui

May 31, 2018

"Service departm"

- Pogostick12$

I took my 2017 GLC 300 in for the 3rd recall only had to work on seat belt work was done quickly when they completed the work I saw my care leave the dealership I don’t know why when I got it back the seat was reclined all ways back and the radio station was changed I turned radio off before I got there the volume was turned all way up I didn’t bring the car in for employee entertainment thi happens ever time I take it in one time at Hover two times at Irondale

Carl Morris