!!! DO NOT PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM PRIME MOTOR GROUP MERCEDES IN HANOVER, MA. I purchased a CERTIFIED 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 250 4Matic car from Merce
!!! DO NOT PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM PRIME MOTOR GROUP MERCEDES IN HANOVER, MA. I purchased a CERTIFIED 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 250 4Matic car from Mercedes in Hanover on 5/3/21 for $19,569.25 and since then, I’ve had $4,700 worth of electronic problems which they have not helped with or taken responsibility.
• During the 2021 summer the check engine light would randomly go on and off. In Sep 21 they performed a software upgrade and said that the problem was resolved and the fault codes re-set.
• In Oct 21 the back-up camera would randomly not work. On 11/1/21 I was told that it had to be replaced for $1,400. I decided not to pay it at the time but paid $182.71 for the diagnostic. The MSRP sheet I initially received from them priced the rearview camera at $460; $940 seems very high for labor cost!!!!
• The receipt for the back-up camera diagnosis states “found multiple fault codes, have current fault for communication fault with camera…”. I questioned the “multiple fault codes” and was told that it was ok and had been re-set (obviously not).
• During May 2022 the heater/ac did not work and I paid $1,311.56 to fix it on 6/2 (another electrical issue).
• In Aug 2022 the instrument cluster was erratic. The oil, brake, check engine, lights, etc. stayed on for long periods and then went off; the gas gauge showed as empty when full (scary). I was told they needed to check all fault codes (sound familiar?)-$1,900 to fix (now down to $1,650).
• There have been numerous issues with electrical fault codes since I purchased this CERTIFIED vehicle. I asked to sell the car to them. They offered only $11k (UNBELIEVABLE)! I guess they can put a small amount in to fix it and place it back out on the lot for much more money (what a profit for them)!!!
• Since May 2021, I have spent $21,401.96 ($19,569.25 (purchase of car), $182.71 (diagnostic for camera), and $1,650 (instrument cluster panel) and need to spend another $1,400 for the back-up camera that worked when I purchased the car ($22,801.96 total).
• I need to replace the back light red covering, as the lights work but the plastic covering is cracked, but other than that there are only the major electrical issues.
This company will not support you with any problems regarding your car. I do not understand how a vehicle with consistent multiple fault code issues could pass a CERTIFIED inspection, as I've had problems since shortly after purchase. Prime Mercedes of Hanover, MA obviously does not stand behind their vehicles. I GUESS CERTIFIED DOESN'T REALLY MEAN ANYTHING!!! I would have clicked no review stars if it was an option... AGAIN, BUYERS BEWARE...