Midway Automotive Superstore

sales
Charles Wilburn, Sales, Midway Automotive Superstore

Charles Wilburn

April 24, 2018

"Admirable Acknowledgment of Integrity"

- Driverpilot

To whom it may concern: Our community is extremely fortunate to have the ever expanding Midway Automotive Sales available to all those in the know of its existence. Not for the first time, I drove into the dealership with a car that worked, but needed more repairs than I felt the car deserved; in order to make it safe and reliable for the up-coming summer. After my arrival at the dealership, I was met by Bob Hurley, who turned out to be an extremely credible sales representative that listened carefully to my needs, before recommending any of the available cars. Now that I've taken the time to relive and evaluate my experience at Midway, I feel fortunate that most of my sales dealings revolved around Bob Hurley, because he was aware and knowledgeable of the inventory that met my needs and also exhibited a desire to help me as an individual; not just another sale. Bob and I exchanged many stories and experiences that didn't necessarily involve closing the sale, but have definitely benefited me regarding my financial situation. I explained to Bob that I wouldn't have any problems applying a good down-payment toward any purchase I might make, but was concerned about my credit, because some 15 years earlier I'd bought a car from Midway that ended up being my last big purchase before I became very sick, which regretfully led into a default of the auto loan. Even after telling this story to Bob, he helped to find the right car for me, then introduced me to Kevin White, who helped to guide me through the financing of the vehicle. I told him I had $3000 plus the $500 for my car to put toward a down-payment. We spoke on a very congenial level, before my leaving so that he could try to secure a loan for me. The next day I received a call that I had been approved and I was over the moon. Upon returning to the dealership, Bob greeted me and brought me back in to see Kevin to finish the paperwork. During this process Kevin explained the sales contract, mentioning extended repair coverage, asking if I thought it was a good idea, which of course I agreed was logical. We finished up the paper work and I took possession of the car and drove away over-joyed. However there was something fighting its way forward from the back of my mind, so I stopped down the street from the dealership and took out the paper work, so I could clear up the confusion I felt lurking in my subconscious. I asked my self, how could it possible be that I paid $8200 for the car, understood the processing fees, but couldn't understand how I could still owe over $10,000, when I had just handed over $3000, plus my car. It just didn't compute. So I drove right back to speak to Kevin and he explained the cost of the extra coverage. He again asked if I thought it was a good idea and I agreed it was probably a great idea, but I still had reservations. Kevin told me the paperwork wouldn't be processed till Monday morning and I could still change my mind if that was what I desired. Well, over the next two days, this new loan payoff number troubled me, because it was completely unexpected. So Sunday night I drove over to the dealership and left a card under the door explaining my desire to cancel the coverage, then returned the next morning, just before 8am, to make sure I'd beat the filing. Bob met me and told me Kevin wouldn't be in till 10am, so I went to breakfast, then visited Crescent Credit Union to determine the best way to pay off the car and rebuild my credit. I returned to the dealership just before 10am and met Mike who listened to my reservations and explained that if I paid the car off early and wanted to get into another one, I'd receive back any portion of the extended contract I hadn't used, but I was troubled and felt blind-sided, so hopefully not too foolishly; I removed the extended contract. Again I say, hopefully, because I hope I don't end up regretting my decision. Mike, Kevin and Bob all tried to explain the benefit of keeping the coverage, but I stayed with my decision, even though I knew it was probably a bad idea. You see, I was in sales for a number of years and the only way I can explain how I felt is that blind-sided feeling, which I've already mentioned. Unfortunately it was me that was blind and nothing that anyone at the dealership did wrong toward me, in fact they were trying to protect me. Oh, how foolish one can be! Well, my plan is to pay off this car and return to Midway Automotive next year and buy up and into a better car. I say this, because even though there was a bump in the road during the sale, Bob couldn't have treated me better, Kevin didn't do anything wrong (in fact it was me that misconstrued what the extra coverage entailed), in fact Kevin was a true gentleman and extremely proficient with regards to his part of the process. The last person I met, Mike; tried to be a guiding light, without force he tried to enlighten me as to the error of my ways, but unfortunately it was too late to change my mind regarding the extended coverage. However, I will be back next year and hope to see and deal with all the good people I have met at Midway Automotive. It has been a true pleasure to do business with each and every one of you! With Respectful Understanding and Appreciation Ken B. Another, Extremely Satisfied Customer.

Michael Deveney
Other Employees : Kevin White

April 24, 2018

"Easy to work with"

- Maine Buyer

Nice people, easy to work with, fair trade in, got the car I was looking for at a fair price. Their selection of used cars was impressive

April 22, 2018

"Great and appreciated experience. "

- Kenneth Hunt

As my wife is handicap I new this was going to be a task. I explained to Bill the situation and he was up for the challenge. We went out in the lot and Bill brought out a chair for her. I had intentions for a SUV but as the afternoon went by we couldn't anything that was suitable for her needs,so Bill suggested to try a sedan, after trying a large number of cars we were getting down to the last one.Bill brought a Lincoln out it was just comfortable for her and me.we took it for a ride and we purchased it. Thank you Bill for patients and the whole team for a smooth transaction.

Bill Kougias