Olathe Subaru & Mitsubishi

Darrell James

Zach Dremel, Sales & Leasing Consultant, Olathe Subaru & Mitsubishi

Zach Dremel

October 15, 2017

"New car buying experience"

- jerry123

Just a perfect new car buying experience. How often does that happen??? Everyone we met with was kind and patient. Every employee we met with was patient and kind.

Aaron Connolly
David Kettlewood
Percy Starr

October 02, 2017

"A tragic waste of time..."

- Matt

If your time matters to you and if you're looking for a dealership with a shred of integrity, this is not the place for you. I began working with Olathe Subaru over a month ago while simultaneously working with a Honda dealership. I was torn between a CR-V and a Forester 2.0XT Touring and since they're both great vehicles, it really came down to dollars and cents. Honda made me a lease offer three weeks ago I was happy with, so I told my sales guy, Ben Miller, that if they could match the deal, great, otherwise I'd be signing a lease with Honda. He asked if the Forester was worth $18 more per month, to which I said yes. I really enjoyed the Forester, it's a lot of fun to drive. So with a deal in place, I notified Honda that I was going to be working with Subaru and I walked away from the deal they offered. The Forester I was looking at had damage to the passenger door jam and interior of the door. I got two different stories, but what it boils down to is someone tried to break into it. I asked that the damage be repaired before I lease the vehicle, but I put a $500 deposit down to hold it. I received a call a week later that my car was ready and when I returned to pick it up and finalize paperwork, the damage was repaired to the door jam but none of the add-ons I'd requested had been installed, the passenger window hadn't been properly fixed and there were still scratches on the passenger door and hood. Phil, the sales manager, came out and went over stuff with me and I told him I didn't want to take the car until everything was done. When I brought up the remote start I'd asked to be installed, he made it sound like it would impact my monthly payments. I told him that was something that was originally requested and had been negotiated already into the price. He huffed about them already being $500 under invoice and that would put them $1000 under invoice, said "it's not even worth selling the car." I laughed to myself about that, math is fairly simple and they're still making plenty of money. He came back out of his office a few minutes later and agreed that it had been negotiated into the price we'd agreed on. So I left that day and returned last Friday, 9/29/17, to pick up my finished car. The scratches were still there, but all my add-ons were installed. The passenger window sounded fine now but the auto up-down didn't work. I was told I'd have to bring it in the following week to get a new motor put in. So I agreed to take it anyways because they'd told me they'd get me a loaner while they were fixing it. Here's where it gets really ugly - I sat at the dealership for an extended period of time while a lot of talking went on behind closed doors. Finally, the finance guy comes and gets me and we go back to his office. He informs me that they cannot honor the deal we'd agreed to, and that it would be an additional $61/mth more. He then said "it's not that much, let's do this." When I told him it was that much, he said "well what would you be willing to pay." Are you kidding? I told him I'd be willing to pay what had been agreed to. I was floored. I was basically speechless - I had walked away from a deal with Honda to accept this deal, missed out on a vehicle I liked, and now they're going to renege on our agreement? I spent a month working with these guys to buy a new vehicle and this is how they're going to treat me? I left the dealership that day very, very angry as one can imagine. Ben made excuses, tried to tell me that maybe his manager, Phil, had made a mistake with the numbers. That doesn't add up because he went over them with me when I was in there two weeks ago. I just really don't understand how this is considered an acceptable business practice. I still intend to buy a Subaru, but not from these guys. Even if I end up paying more somewhere else, the amount of time of mine these people wasted and the total lack of integrity or care for a customer has turned me off.

Ben Miller
2.0
Percy Starr
Phil Ulrich

September 29, 2017

"Olathe Subaru THANK YOU!!!!"

- Abouttown

A poor German Shepherd running at top speed hit our Outback (literally!) early this morning on I35 traveling to Texas from Iowa. Called Olathe Subaru inquiring if they could take a look at minor damage to the front right wheel well. WOW! THANK YOU, Brian Gump! Less than two hours after arriving we hit the road again pleased with the more than fair charge PLUS a freshly washed car! LOVE our Subaru family!! THANK YOU, Olate Subaru!😊

Brian Gump