Perillo BMW

Danette Surges

Angelo Montalbano, Service Writer, Perillo BMW

Angelo Montalbano

June 27, 2017

"Perillo gives CPO a bad reputation"

- danolson627

Bought my CPO 5 Series back in March 2017. After smelling something burning I took the car in for an inspection to my local BMW dealership (Not Perillo) which found a significant transmission leak. This was only two weeks after purchasing from Perillo and was told by another BMW dealership that the leak would have led to a complete transmission failure if not corrected immediately. Further, I was told it was obvious the car had been leaking for quite some time as the undercarriage pan was saturated, and that the car should have never been sold as a CPO until the issue was corrected. The vehicle also had wheel damage covered up with some type of semi-professional spray painting. I discovered the hidden damage when the weather got warm enough to wash the car by hand. As I was washing the wheels the paint seemed really rough, so I applied some pressure with a fingernail and the paint came off, revealing the actual finish underneath. There is significant damage to the wheels and they will require reconditioning. The key takeaway is to understand that Perillo does not sell CPO vehicles, they sell used cars with issues and (in my opinion) do so illegitimately by adding the BMW CPO designation as vehicles sold as such are supposed to be trouble free. I tried reaching out to Burim Bezeri, the salesman I had worked with. His position was that " I must have run over something to have caused the transmission leak" and "I must have hit some curbs and caused the damage to each of the 4 wheels". I am not making this up... I also tried to contact BMW customer relations, who more or less said I was at the mercy of the dealership. The bottom line is that the trans was fixed for free, and the wheels are what they are- "Fool me once.." The CPO designation as I have learned is nothing more than an extended warranty by the manufacturer and dealerships are not held to any standards when designating vehicles as CPO, despite how Trish responds, so don't be fooled into thinking the vehicle will be as new or better than any other used vehicle. Trish, if Perillo took this matter seriously, I would have received a much more appropriate response from Burim Beziri and even some effort to make the situation right. That did not happen and was more or less turned away. I think the comments you post on here are a disservice to those trying to warn unsuspecting car shoppers to stay as far as possible from your dealership.

Burim Bezeri

June 18, 2017

"Unresponsive"

- prefd

Found a car on their website. Called the number listed, no response. Called again, no response. Literally, there was a ring and then it would stop ringing. Time to update the phone number perhaps? Then I asked for information on the vehicle on their website. There is a place next to the car that let's you do this. Waited 4 days, no response. Emailed someone called a BDC or liaison. No response. Short of sending a fax or snail mail, I had no way of getting a hold of anyone in that dealership. And no, I do not want to talk to Caesar now, after the fact. I have already bought a similar car at another dealer. Just want Perillo to know how awful their customer service is and to make sure other potential buyers understand it. Fix the problem Perillo.

No employee

April 26, 2017

"Penny pinching hurting the bottom line"

- Mutlu

I bought a 2014 CPO X1 from this dealer earlier this month. Although I was told it had new tires it did not. Apparently the tires barely passed the CPO inspection (4 mm) so they chose not to put new tires on the car. Now I had to replace all 4 tires due to a puncture in one and requested reimbursement of $625 from Perillo but they refused. Doing the bare minimum of inspection and trying to save a few hundred dollars will hurt Perillo's bottom line. Because of this experience I will never buy another BMW from Perlllo and would caution anyone doing business with them.

Vanessa Carr