This was a horrible experience from the time I purchased the vehicle on because I negotiated additional items with the purchase:
1. I negotiated a Trailer Hitch with my purchase of a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe. Maybe it's my fault for not being specific enough, but Sales Manager Adrian advised the Trailer Hitch does NOT include the Cable Harness. Might just be me, but a Trailer Hitch without a Cable Harness is somewhat useless.
2. I negotiated a Roof Rack with my purchase. When my salesman (Bret) sent me pictures - as I requested - of the Roof Rack that was going to be installed, I did some research online that indicated that this specific Roof Rack was NOT designed to fit the 2019 Santa Fe. When I pointed this out to Bret, I asked him to advise if Racine Hyundai had ever installed this specific Roof Rack on a 2019 Santa Fe, he advised they had (not necessarily his fault - someone else at Racine Hyundai may have told him this). After driving almost an hour and a half to have the Roof Rack (and Trailer Hitch) installed, their Service Department advised that the Roof Rack did not fit and that I'd have to come back again to have a proper one installed (once they ordered and received).
3. I scheduled my service appointment through Bret for the two items described above for Noon on a Friday. When I arrived around 11:50am, I was told they’d get started on my car at 12:30pm, after lunch. Why would they let me schedule a Noon appointment if their entire Service Department is closed from Noon to 12:30pm?
3. On the first nice day after purchasing the vehicle, my wife and I decided to get inside the 2019 Santa Fe and clean it up really nice before I put new Weathertech floor mats in it. We found the following inside the vehicle (which would seem to indicate a poor cleaning job at Racine Hyundai):
- potato chip
- partial stick of gum not in the wrapper
- receipt for a gas station in Illinois
- and my personal favorite, a fake fingernail
4. Went back to Racine Hyundai Saturday 4/17/21 for a 1:30pm appointment. I arrived early (approximately 12:30pm) and asked if it would be possible to get my vehicle in early. I was told “maybe”. Then the following sequence of events took place:
a. I was told there was no record of my having an appointment (I then showed the Service person my e-mail chain with Bret confirming my 1:30pm appointment)
b. I was told it would take 4.5 hours to install the Roof Rack and no technicians were in house that could do this work
c. Then I was told they could do the work and it would take 2 hours
d. 2.5 hours later I was told the work was done, but found the front Roof Rack to be loose to the point of almost falling off
e. After almost another half hour of watching a group of people try to figure out how to install the Roof Rack, I demanded the Roof Rack not be installed and that I get my money back for the Roof Rack
f. I was then directed to Sales Manager Adrian who said they wanted to install the Roof Rack, but I said I had no confidence in their ability to install, so he finally agreed to send me a check for the value of the Roof Rack.