Ravenel Ford - Service Center

2 Reviews of Ravenel Ford - Service Center

July 27, 2017

"Wonderful customer service"

- naomip

I called Ravenel Ford for service on my 2016 Ford Escape after it kept stalling and a recall was issued. Brian was very friendly and helpful and knew exactly what the problem was. He made time to help me on the same afternoon and the job was completed quicker than expected. Ravenel Ford is not my closest Ford dealer, but they are worth the extra drive as Brian was polite, courteous, and went out of his way to help. After leaving, the engine check light came on and Brian advised me to bring it right back, even though it was almost closing time. Deb, the service manager, explained the options to me and offered me a courtesy car as it was late in the day, or that Brian was willing to stay late to fix the problem. After resolving the issue, Deb asked me to follow up with her when I got home to make sure that the light didn't come back on. I'll definitely use Ravenel Ford for any service requirements in the future, and will avoid my more local dealer. Brian and Deb clearly care about their customers and the cars, and went out of their way to help me and ensure that I was treated considerately.

Brian Carper
Deb Thompson
June 06, 2017

"Horrable Service Center and Customer Service"

- Mike C.

***PSA*** Avoid this dealership!!! I bought a used 2014 Ford F150 from them. I had a 36000 mile warranty and began having issues with the air conditioner. The air conditioner was making a loud noise and would stop blowing cold air after a short period. I took the vehicle in to be serviced and have the air conditioner repaired twice for the same issue while under warranty. The second time the vehicle was brought in for this issue it was just before the warranty was about to expire. They continued to state there was no issue with the compressor. Shortly after the second service and after the warranty expired the air conditioner again continued to make the noise and stopped blowing cold air. Over the winter we did not use the cold air and the compressor continued to make the loud noise. I then took the vehicle in to be serviced at another dealership and was told the pressure control switch was bad and the system was overcharged causing the compressor to go bad which was making the noise. I called Ravenel Ford and was told by the service manager that it just did not make since. After I realized the Service Manager could not comprehend the issue I was referred to the General Manager who also refused to acknowledge the issue or rectify the problem. Both were very condescending. Bad service center and customer service, avoid yourself the problem go somewhere else!

Deb Thompson
Scott Lambert
Jun 20, 2017 -

Ravenel Ford responded

Thank you for your recent review. We see all reviews as a chance to get better at what we do and strive to not have any unsatisfied customers. In the interest of full disclosure, I think anyone reading your review of us should know all the facts: The A/C repair was completed under warranty a year ago in June 2016, the particular part called for by Ford had an issue and was replaced under warranty in July 2016. The A/C, including the compressor at that time was operating normally. Ford would have authorized, and paid us under warranty, to replace it if they deemed it necessary. Through last summer, last oil change visit, through the winter using the defrost (which uses the A/C), through the spring we hadn’t heard anything about the A/C not working properly until almost a year later (June 6th, 2017). We certainly understand that vehicle repairs can be frustrating, more so when a vehicle is out of warranty. As such, we have offered to assist with the cost of the repair bill, that offer still stands.