Suburban Ford of Waterford

New Car Sales Consultant

October 13, 2017

"Excellent work "

- Dave k

My salesman Bob Bucknum was able to locate my F-150 that I wanted. He was understanding of my needs and did not pressure me. This is the third vehicle I purchased from him. He also was very kind in helping me get my new truck home.

Bob Bucknum
John Duley
Matt Duggan

September 16, 2017

"Won't go there again"

- Justin Baker

My original review would've been different. Typical car buying experience, relatively quick and painlesd. I went in pre-approved for auto financing told the sales person. Went in to sign for my loan, financing through my approved lender. Happy with the car, all seems good. Then i checked my mail. 3 letters from other lenders regarding my request for a loan. Apparently my credit was pulled 4 TIMES! Only one from the lender i was using. They didn't even tell me they were doing it. I'd go somewhere else if i were you. *edit* I was contacted by suburban ford after posting this review. They offered me two free oil changes in hopes of getting me to change my review. I declined their offer. Just something else to keep in mind when reading other reviews.

Matt Duggan

September 16, 2017

"Would never go back."

- pportes

My whole life I`ve always driven Ford cars and also advised my family and friends to do so. Recently some facts made me change my mind, Ford has really a good product and the cars are very good but my latest experience when I needed service I could see how bad the situation is. I have a Ford Fusion 2016, 3 weeks ago I tried to start my car and the car would not start, after trying to make a jump start and checking the voltage of the battery I figured that something else was going on since all the checks showed me that the problem wasn`t the battery. I called road side assistance and after 30 minutes hanging (which isn`t that bad) I had confirmation that someone would come to pick up the car, it happened and the car was taken to Ford Suburban Waterford (MI), I called them next morning to check on the status of my car and for my surprise they wouldn`t find the car on their parking lot, had to wait until next morning when I called back and they had found it. After another day I had to call again and was informed that my car had a rodent damage on the wires connecting the starter (some animal chewed up the wiring underneath the car), this obviously would not be covered by warranty, neither I expected it to be. The agent from Ford Suburban Waterford gave me the price of $580,00 to replace the wiring, two sensors and shop supplies, this cost included also labor. I agreed to pay the amount. Two days later was there to pick up the car and everything seemed to be working at first. Drove out with the car and used the car for 3 days when my pre-scheduled regular maintenance of 25000 miles (oil change) took place at Tom Holzer Farmingon Hills (MI), same place I purchased the car. Besides the regular maintenance I reported other two problems: - The shifting of gears wasn`t being smooth (problem existent much before the rodent damage). - Outside temperature sensor would not show anything other than 50 degrees (problem not existent before the rodent damage) On the same day that I dropped the car for the oil change the service agent called me reporting rodent damage and they would have to charge me to get it fixed, then I explained that the car had been fixed a week before for this problem and the person who I talked to told me that the job was very poorly executed and had to be redone. I told this person not to do anything since I had paid to have the car fixed and would take the car back to Ford Suburban Waterford to have the car properly reworked. Went there Friday last week dropped off the car, explained the whole situation, left the service report from Tom Holzer Farmington Hills where stated the problem, got the promise from the service agent from Suburban that he would call me in the next morning, did not happen. Two days later I called several times until I managed to get a hold of him when we told me that I would need to pay extra $1,200.00 to have the whole wireharness replaced. Then I expressed my disappointment because I had already paid to have the car fixed and would not agree to pay any extra, the person talking to me over the phone understood the situation and offered to talk to his manager and Ford to have the car fixed, this was Tuesday. On Wednesday I got another call from the agent saying he was still trying to get his manager to look over the car and make a decision. Yesterday (Friday, after 1 week I dropped off the car) I had to call back to find out the status, the agent told me that Ford had declined the claim to fix the car and his manager hadn`t have time to look at the car yet, since I was driving by their location (Ford Suburban Waterford) I told I would stop by and talk to the manager, the agent said it was ok. Five minutes later I got a call from the agent saying that the manager had already left (it was 4:30pm). After 10 minutes of conversation the agent talked me into not stopping by and wait for his call next Monday with an answer, I agreed because I see no chance of having it solved and it would be another waste of time for me. It is really sad that a good company like Ford with a very good product takes this care of their customers. I work for a company and we build assembly lines for engines and transmission to Ford and I know personally how much care and effort all Ford Engineers who I deal with put into making the product with the state-of-art in quality and look for every single detail trying to make it perfect. Next time that I have to buy a car I will take in consideration this situation now where I see myself in the middle of two authorized Ford Dealerships and can`t do anything and most likely will chose another brand. Sad to say, but this is the reality.

Don Marotta