Acura of Johnston

3.9

Acura of Johnston

Acura of Johnston Info
About Acura of Johnston

Why do people come from as far away as Cedar Rapids, Urbana, Omaha, Nebraska and Davenport, Iowa or just down the road from Des Moines, Ames or Ankeny to buy their new Acura at Acura of Johnston? It's because they like to do business with us. Our Acura dealership in Johnston has an extensive new Acura inventory including popular models like the MDX, RDX, TL and the all-new ILX. We also have a premium selection of used luxury cars for Des Moines area shoppers to choose from. At Johnston of Acura, your new and preowned Acura service needs are met with our staff of Acura trained auto technicians and Acura repair staff. You can count on us to keep your Acura tuned-up and on the road. Come to use for quality Acura auto parts and new & used car financing, too. We want you to have the Acura that you want. So shop around, and then come see us, Acura of Johnston at 5138 Merle Hay Road in Johnston, Iowa. We're a Lithia Motors Acura dealership and you can count on us.

About Acura of Johnston

Timothy
2/25/2015

"Great Customer Service!"

Without a doubt when I first talked with the Jaspreet Singh I knew I would walk away a happy customer whether I bought a car or not. Such an easy transaction and made me feel like all I had to do is point to the car I wanted and they would take care of the rest. I would buy again and recommend anyone!

February 26, 2015

Timothy, Thank you for spending the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that we made your Acura experience a great one.

DianeLukavsky
2/23/2015

"Very professional and aaccommodating."

Always very friendly and accommodating, luv the free car wash and vacuuming! The car is amazing and Elvis was very easy to work with through the whole buying experience.

February 24, 2015

Thank you for your review Diane! We are glad that your Acura experience has always been a good one. We look forward to continue providing you with an exceptional experience at our dealership.

paulnoele
2/18/2015

"Wonderful & Professional "

From the moment I walked in the the door I knew I would be buying a car from Acura of Johnston. I was greeted by a friendly Sales Consultant, Elvis Felic. He listened to my needs and wants in a car and was able to find me exactly what I was looking for. Scott Brown, General Manager, was able to offer me the car I was looking for at a price that stayed within my budget. Tim Atkinson, the Finance Manager went to work for me with the banks and was able to get my auto loan at a low interest rate and monthly payment. Three very friendly, helpful, and professional gentlemen to do business with. The process was fast, painless, and very professional. I will be recommending Acura Of Johnston to my friends and family and will definitely visit them again in the future.

Elvis Felic, Scott Brown, and Tim Atkinson

February 24, 2015

We are extremely happy that you received a great experience from the moment you stepped into our dealership. We also appreciate you sharing your experience to your family and friends. Enjoy your new car and we look forward to seeing you again!

Damtjim1
2/17/2015

"Highly recommend using this dealer."

I had another great experience leasing a vehicle at Acura of Johnston. This is my third lease, and its keeps getting easier and better. Elvis took care of everything, and the General Manager Scott truly made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I highly recommend working with Elvis and Scott for your next vehicle lease or purchase.

Elvis Felic, Scott Brown

February 24, 2015

"An Offer You Can't Refuse" is always something we strive for here at Acura to make sure we give you a great experience. It is our goal to make take care of our customers and make sure that every Acura experience is a great one. Thank you for being a loyal patron, and for your continuous support to us.

Nan
2/02/2015

"One of the best dealership I have ever worked with"

I have purchased couple of new cars with other dealership, the Acura of Johnston is the best dealership I have ever worked with. I am living in Kansas and it's a little hard for me to travel to Iowa for a car. But the salesman John Rowold is willing to work with me patiently to help me find the right car. And we had everything finalized through couple of phone calls and Emails in a very professional way. Then he picked me up from the airport to test drive the car I was looking at, which is fantastic. We spent 2 and a half hours to finish the paperworks and I drove the new car back home. All of the staff are very friendly, honest, and professional. Will definitely visit them again.

John Rowold

aldcdd
1/19/2015

"Customer Service was very Poor."

I have never had a problem with this Acura dealership for service until recently. Took my car in for some work and I asked if they could take a look at the heater. It wasn't as hot as I thought it should be, it was just warm. To make a long story short, they had my car for 2 weeks, fixed what needed to be fixed, but could not figure out what was wrong with the heater. Said they would have to send it out to get the heater fixed. What?? It's an Acura and you are an Acura dealership. Needless to say, they let me leave with a heater that was now cold, the GM tried to say in so many words that we should trade in the car and he would give us an offer, and if they sent it out it would be another $1700 on top of the $1700 I had already spent. During the 2 weeks, the service manager did not always return phone calls and we did not get updates unless we called them to find out how long it would be before we could pick the car up. After picking up the car, took it to a local mechanic and my heater is now fixed for $125. Always trust your local mechanic. I will no longer go to this Acura dealership and I will be happy to spread the word.

Mike Morales

Lcpg
3/01/2014

"Received excellent service at Acura of Johnson this week...."

Received excellent service at Acura of Johnson this week. We live 3 hours from this dealership and was in Johnson for a few hours Matt and staff did an excellent job of working with our schedule. Came in to have a sensor replaced was very pleased that a vehicle inspection was also completed. Very please with the service we received. Thank you!

Matt Johnson

hedgeapplefarm
1/27/2014

"Bought an interior detailing package through Groupon. ..."

Bought an interior detailing package through Groupon. Had to wait three months after calling for appointment to get an open date. Shuttle was supposed to pick me up at 3:30. Forty minutes late. Interestingly the driver had a person in the shuttle that was in the shuttle when it dropped me off at work in the morning after dropping her off. She said she wanted to be picked up at 4:30. Clearly they only wanted to make one trip so they decided to pick her up early and me up late. I needed to be on time so that I could pick my kid up at school. Not even close. Barely an apology and certainly no effort to make it right in any way. I opened up my car and noticed that the seats looked like that hadn't been touched. I knew there were bad stains and I was hoping that they'd at least get some of them out. Not a chance. Seems to me that somebody might have wanted to say, "Gee Mr. Bailey, those were some pretty bad stains. We tried, but we couldn't get them out." Also noticed they didn't touch the back of the back seat which clearly hadn't been shampooed. Also didn't even vacuum the cargo area, let alone shampoo it. One positive note, the dash and other parts of the interior were detailed nicely. If they can't handle a simple detailing package and timely shuttle service, why would a buy a car from them or perform any real service on my vehicle?

Matt

xMMx
1/16/2014

"I purchased a 2014 RDX from Lithia Acura of Johnston. ..."

I purchased a 2014 RDX from Lithia Acura of Johnston. This was an out-of- state purchase initiated by an internet quote request. They sent me a quote with a VIN one trim level higher than the vehicle negotiated. They tried to cover up their mistake by ‘discovering’ a paint flaw on the higher trim vehicle, preventing them from being able to sell it. After renegotiating for the correct trim level, they prepped and delivered the wrong vehicle. It was the right year, make, and model, but the VIN on the vehicle didn’t match the paperwork delivered or documented in correspondence. The two keys delivered were also for two different vehicles. A few of the requested options were also not included. I applied for a 48 month loan using the dealer website. They delivered paperwork for a 60 month loan. The temporary title I received from the dealer had the wrong VIN. They sent the wrong Manufacturers Statement of Origin to the Iowa DOT with my paperwork. Heaven help the person they sold that vehicle to. They didn’t submit paperwork to Acura Financial in a timely manner. This resulted in Acura Financial requiring the first payment in order to fund the loan. Dealer Finance Manager called me requesting payment and took a tone I didn’t appreciate, trying to make me feel like a deadbeat for missing a payment. Due to all of their mistakes and their delay in financing, I suggested instead they refund my deposit and pick up the vehicle. They decided instead to fund the first payment. In conclusion, they offer a competitive price but commit far too many mistakes. They aren’t completely honest, yet they’ll compensate you when you call them on their BS. You decide if it’s worth the trouble.

Anthony Brad and Tim

TruongNguyen
9/11/2013

"I bought a vehicle from Acura of Johnston at the end of..."

I bought a vehicle from Acura of Johnston at the end of June. I arranged everything over email to pick the car up on Saturday morning at 8am. I'm from the Twin Cities area. So I guess they thought I wasn't gonna show up because when I got there not only the car wasn't ready, but the salesman also was not there. Brad Alles was my person of contact. He arrived at work late and made me waited nearly 2 hours because nothing was being prepped as agreed upon. When it came time for delivery, my car was almost running on fume, half decent washed and missing a second key. They wrote me an IOU yellow slip for the second key and sent me on my way home. After over two months of trying to get my second key, I'm forced to write a negative review to warn others from doing business with Acura of Johnston in general and Brad Alles in particular. I made numerous attempts to resolve this but they never wanted to make it right. At first, they told me I need to drive back down there so that they could get codes from the car to make the second key. After I explained to them how rediculous that sounds they said they would look into another option then never contacted me back. I gave Brad and the dealership's management one last chance earlier this week to correct this issue. Management did not respond and Brad brushed me off. I guess Acura of Johnston's management and Brad care more about saving a couple hundred bucks than their reputation and integrity. Next step is filing a complaint with BBB and the Attorney General's office of Iowa. P.S. After this review was posted, Acura of Johnston's management contacted me to apologize and sent me a check to compensate for the missing second key. Jerry Schutte, the General Sales Manager was very helpful.

Brad Alles

September 13, 2013

Hello Truong, We apologize for the miscommunication and delay in arranging for your key. Our General Sales Manager, Jerry Schutte, will be contacting you to resolve this issue. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service and we failed to do so in this instance. Your feedback will be instrumental in our addressing this issue and in our efforts to continuously improve our customer service. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Anthony Gladney, General Manager

Reviews of Elvis Felic