BMW of Bayside

247-21 Northern Blvd.,
Douglaston, New York 11363
BMW of Bayside Info
About BMW of Bayside

Your complete satisfaction is our #1 goal. Visit us at our New Car Showroom 247-21 Northern Blvd Douglaston, NY (718) 229-4400 Pre-Owned Showroom 214-27 Northern Blvd Bayside, NY (347)964-8300 Service and Parts Center 266 East Shore Road Great Neck, NY (516) 304-3700 We welcome all BMW drivers regardless of where your BMW was purchased. All of us at BMW of Bayside hope you have a Great Day!

About BMW of Bayside

Sunday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

• Fresh hand-made bagels
  • Starbucks Coffee
GEORGE
1/12/2016

"Tire Balancing & Rotation."

I took my car for the first service at 7,000 miles. To my surprised, I was recommended TIRE BALANCING & ROTATION. Since I was not prepared, I took the recommendation and paid $130. After I did some research, it was obvious that it was not needed. Even the official BMW is against the rotation. What should I do?

February 01, 2016

George, we appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. We understand your hesitance in having a tire rotation performed on your first service, and would love the chance to speak with you to discuss the recommended maintenance on your vehicle in further detail. At your earliest convenience, please contact Dogg Foss at 516-304-3700 to learn more. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have the chance to speak with you soon.

nc
1/11/2016

"Worst customer service ever...."

I currently lease an X5 from BMW of Bayside. I called the receptionist to see if I can pass by and discuss a new lease. The receptionist told me to just come in and somebody would help me and no appointment was necessary. When I arrived at the showroom, the BMW sales people were all sitting around talking to each other. I waited for a few minutes and nobody had the decency to get up and ask how they can assist me.. When I approached the receptionist she asked me if I had an appointment , which contradicts what she told me on the phone earlier. I stood in the middle of the showroom and asked if anybody is interested in gaining my business. At this point I was so frustrated that I just walked out. I guess they are selling/leasing too many cars and are not interested in maintaining customer loyalty.

None of the employees came to assist me

February 01, 2016

Thank you for bringing your issues to our attention. It is never our intent for you not to feel welcome at our dealership, and we have shared your feedback with proper management to ensure that this is not a recurring concern of yours or other customers. We value you as our customer, and would like to demonstrate that commitment to you and begin to rebuild your perception of our dealership. Please contact Frank Allen at 347-964-8311 to discuss your concern personally so that we can begin to make things right. We appreciate your business, and look forward to the opportunity to continue to provide you the business you deserve.

fflorio
1/03/2016

"My 3rd Awesome Experience Buying A BMW"

I just bought my new car in 2 days. I received expert attention & guidance & was not pressured. Ron Charles found the perfect car for me... he understood me!!!! I had a lot of laughs with the friendly staff while deciding between the X4 & 328. Joe the manager was awesome... Leroy explained the new features & was the best teacher.. finance guy was efficient & made things easy. I can go on & on!!! They had the 2 ready to go when I got there which helped tremendously with my decision. Everyone was professional & thorough. I don't know about you, but when we hugged good bye & wished Happy New Years, it showed much more than making a sale!!! This was my 3rd car bought from them.. although with different people this time.. but the standards remain very high!!!!!!!!

January 04, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your kind words! We are so glad Ron was able to make sure your third car buying experience had you driving away just as happy as you were with your previous two. Ron, Joe, Leroy and the rest of our team are completely dedicated to helping our customers find the vehicles that are absolutely perfect for them. You are right, it is much than making a sale when it comes to BMW of Bayside. We truly appreciate your continued business, and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Enjoy your new BMW, and have a Happy New Year!

amba sharma
12/14/2015

"FALSE REPRESENTATIONS"

Beware of this dealership. They are the worst. Crooks to the highest level. Get everything in writing and confirm. The say one thing and sell the other. They quoted a Demo car with 2000 miles but sold used car with almost 5000 miles. Took back a car with inspection, quoted with milage charge included and then to find a bill from BMW Finance because they never paid-off. Upon calling several times they finally said that the agreement was different,. Car still under full BMW warantee but they never did the service. This is bad bad bad name to BMW which happens to be a great car., Any place to buy except BAYSIDE. See other reviews and you will find the bad experiences. Dont go near them.

Dont remember saleasman name

December 28, 2015

Thank you for your feedback, Amba. It is unfortunate that your recent visit to our dealership has not left you completely satisfied. Our entire team is completely dedicated to our customers, and making sure we can take care of them as best as possible. Looking further into this issue, we have found that the you are being charged for lease end damages over mileage, condition. All paperwork that you signed show the agreement that Bayside BMW was responsible for remaining payments only. Our Sales Manager, Joe Falcaro, has had several conversations with you to see if there is anything we can do to help with this issue, and even offered you a $500 credit in our service department. We are taking your feedback very seriously, and would like to speak with you further on this issue. Please contact Joe Falcaro at 718-229-4400 at your earliest convenience. We truly do appreciate your business, and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sfoster
12/07/2015

"Excellent customer service "

I had the pleasure of working with Sean Parks. He is very professional and made my whole purchase worth while. Thanks for such a great experience. I would highly recommend....

December 08, 2015

That is wonderful to hear! We are so glad Sean was able to make your recent buying experience at our dealership so wonderful. Sean and the rest of our team take great pride in making sure our customers receive nothing short of the absolute best service they deserve. We truly appreciate your business and recommendation. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Enjoy your new BMW, and have a wonderful day!

Ivan L.
11/03/2015

"Long read, but worth it if you are even considering them."

Let me just say something; I have never had an experience so great or so horrible that I've ever felt the need to write a review, but this was the absolute WORST customer experience I've ever had in my life. This will be long, but worth the read if you are considering this HORRIBLE dealership. I can't believe BMW hasn't pulled their license. My first experience with this dealership was April of 2014, I went in looking to purchase a CPO 3 series. The salesperson I spoke with didn't even bother introducing himself, he asked me what I was looking for and when I told him, he told me simply "We don't have anything in your price range,". I didn't even tell him how much I was looking to spend and yet, he automatically knew that I can't afford anything off their floor. When I asked him what he drove he told me "I don't drive, I don't have a drivers license." How are you a car salesman without a license? Anyway, as horrible as that experience was, I decided to put it past me and to just get over it. I didn't continue looking to purchase a car for a while after these events transpired. Fast forward to November 1, 2015; I get a call from BMW of Bayside to come check out a car I was looking at online. After going back and forth with them on the phone for about five hours, I was told to come in and that they would call me back and let me know what time. When I called back to see what time I should come in, the woman who answered the phone said that she had thrown out my number because she didn't think it was important, however I could come in any time. So I'm heading there and a salesperson named Charlie calls me and asks me where I was and I told him I was about 10-15 minutes away and I'd be in soon to which he responded "Okay, sounds good, I'll see you when you get in and we can get you in the car and check it out,". Well, I got there 15 minutes later and when I walked in, I found Charlie and he told me that they didn't have the car, it was being serviced and detailed. When I asked him why I wasn't told about this when I spoke to him on the phone, he said he didn't know. I proceeded to ask him if he had anything similar in inventory and he told me "In a manual transmission? Nope, sorry," to which I responded "The car I wanted to see was an A/T though..." He told me it wasn't and that I was wrong, sorry for wasting my time. I told him "You know, this is my second time dealing with you guys and, I've just gotta say...your customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE,". He just looked at me, smiled and said "Yeah...I know,". That was it. No explanation, no defense, nothing. Just a smile and "I know,". Unbelievable. After walking out, I get a text message from Charlie stating that I was in fact correct in thinking the car was an A/T, and that if I was willing to give them one more chance, he'd make it right. I'm not one to hold a grudge so I agreed and told him I would be in contact with him throughout the week to let him know my availability. I texted Charlie the next day and asked him to e-mail me the specs and a quote for the vehicle in question, to which he agreed and asked how much I planned to put down and what my credit score is like. After answering him, he told to give him some time to put together a quote for me. An hour later, Charlie texted me back and told me that the car was sold and that he was sorry but he would find other cars that are in my budget. Once again, I NEVER MENTIONED A BUDGET OF ANY KIND. After this horrible experience, I decided to call up and speak to their sales manager, a guy named Jonathan Gutierrez. Right off the bat, he was EXTREMELY rude on the phone, and when I called him out on it he was extremely defensive, telling me that I was wrong in feeling like his tone was rude and condescending and that I was wrong for feeling offended. I went on to tell him the horrible experiences I've had with his sales team and he told me that if I would calm down and relax, he has another car that's "same year, make and model, better equipped, lower mileage, and comparable price" and if I was interested. I said you know what, send me the specs and a price quote to which he replied that he would get it to me in a little bit. This phone call ended at 11:49AM. I waited until 5:30PM, still no call, no e-mail. I called at 5:36PM and asked to speak to Jonathan and was told by the receptionist that he had left for the day already. I then e-mailed the sales manager at their new car department asking if I could deal with someone who was not Jonathan because he was so unprofessional, to which I was forwarded to Jonathan anyway. At 7:48PM that night, Jonathan finally e-mailed me a link to check out the car, told me it wasn't a CPO, and asked me if I would like to leave a deposit on a car that I hadn't even seen yet to ensure he doesn't sell it. So, now it is November 3rd, I went to Rallye BMW (AMAZING SERVICE, the dealership you want to go to if you want to be treated with respect or at least if you want to feel like a human being) to check out a few cars, walked out with a quote, CarFax, and business card and told to expect a call within a few hours with an update on inventory (was called back maybe 45 minutes later). On my way back, I decided to stop by BMW of Bayside to speak to Jonathan, and the moment I walked in, the receptionist is playing a game on her phone as I stand in front of her desk. She finishes her game, looks at me and says "Sorry, just had to finish up some work," as if I hadn't seen what she was doing...with her phone on loud. I asked for Jonathan and she asked me "Who are you?" After telling her my name, she walks over to his office, tells him I'm there to see him and I see him look over at me and tell her to send me in. The moment I walked into his office he simply asked me, "What are you doing here?" WOW. Unbelievably rude. I told him I stopped in to speak to him and wanted to see if the car was ready yet since he told me it needed to be serviced and detailed the night before. He immediately went into defense mode stating "I told you last night it needed to be serviced and detailed, so no, the car is not here so I don't understand why you would show up here unannounced," EXTREMELY RUDE. So now, I'm extremely irritated with the way I'm being treated, and I asked him who his manager was and that I'd like to speak with him/her. He told me "I'm the manager here, you're speaking to the manager," to which I responded "You're the only manager here? So there's no one above you, that's what you're telling me. You're the one who runs this place like this?" He told me "Yes, I'm the manager," and I asked him "So if I look on your website, it's going to say you're the manager?" He looked at me and said "I don't understand why you're acting like this, did I not tell you yesterday that the car needed to be serviced and detailed, so I don't understand why you even came in here unannounced like this. I feel like I deserve your business because I've been nothing but professional to you," I told him to just give me his managers number, and he went on his computer and printed something out. I held out my hand expecting him to hand it to me, instead he began highlighting things on the papers he had just printed. He flipped it over and showed me that it was the e-mail exchange I had with him the previous night, reiterating what was said, telling me that at least over the e-mails I was acting like a man and a reasonable person. I told him to stop wasting my time and give me his managers number. He writes down a number on a post it and I asked him "Your manager doesn't have a card?" He looked at me, smiled, pulled out a card and wrote a number on the back of the card. He hands it to me and I leave. As I get into my car, I called the number and asked to speak to Frank Allen, the receptionist asked who was calling and I told her. She told me please hold as she transfers me, then transfers me to a dead line. I call the number again, same thing. I finally decided to look at the number on the card and flipped the card over. Jonathan had written his own number on the back of the card. I can only imagine that he instructed his receptionist to ask who was calling if someone called asking to speak to Frank Allen, and to handle the situation as she did. Seriously, BMW needs to consider pulling the certification from this dealership because the service is an ABSOLUTE joke. Save yourselves the time and drive another 15 minutes to Westbury and check out Rallye BMW, I personally dealt with a man named Gabriel Hale. Incredible service, incredible selection, and the level of service you would expect from a brand like BMW.

Ivan L. responded to this review

November 19, 2015

It is interesting that the number you gave me is a completely different number than the number that Jonathan gave me for Frank Allen. I have, in fact, kept the card that he gave me with the number he wrote on the back that he claimed to be Frank's "direct line". I kept it because the experience that I had was so horrible enough that I submitted it to BMW Customer Relations and have kept all documentation as evidence. You are correct that I was informed that the car I was interested in was being serviced, however the time it was to be in service was not mentioned. I also did not say that I came in to look at the car, I simply showed up because I wanted to speak with Jonathan about the specifications and talk about the price of the car in question. However, when I showed up he was immediately defensive and rude, asking me "why (did you) come in today" and stating "(I) don't know why (you're) even here". Unfortunately, Yelp has a limit on characters and I was not able to submit the full review. However, the full review has been submitted to BMW Customer Relations. If you wish to contact me, I have submitted my contact information numerous times (although I was told by the receptionist that it "didn't seem important" so she threw out my number the first time). As for your claim that I was informed that the "car would be in service for roughly a week", I can assure you that this timeframe was never brought to my attention as I do still have the e-mails between myself and Jonathan. Regardless of whether or not I was informed of this timeframe, I came in to ask about the vehicle and request a CarFax and quote in writing only to be asked why I came in and why I showed up unannounced. I have worked in numerous sales roles and I assure you that this is absolutely no way to speak to a client. To have other sales associates walk over to the door and loom over the room watching my interaction with Jonathan? That's a great way to make a customer feel uncomfortable. As I have stated multiple times already, I never asked to see the car when I came in. I simply asked to speak to Jonathan and upon meeting him was asked, "What are you doing here?" I have the emails between myself and Jonathan with me explicitly telling him that I am available Sunday (November 3rd) to come in to which he responded that the car still needs to be serviced (no timeframe) and asking me if I would like to leave a deposit.

November 18, 2015

Mr. Lau, thank you for sharing your comments. It is unfortunate that your recent visit to our dealership did not have you driving away completely satisfied. Our entire staff is completely dedicated to our customers, and giving our best efforts to make sure they receive nothing short of the absolute best experience possible. Upon looking further into this situation, we had made it known that the vehicle you selected to look at would not be ready for roughly a week, unfortunately it was not ready upon your most recent visit to see if the car fit your criteria. Our Sales Manager, Jonathan, did ask if you would like to put down a fully refundable deposit on the vehicle so that we could make sure it was not sold before you had the opportunity to make sure the vehicle was a to your liking. We want to make sure all of our customers have the absolute best buying experience whenever they visit our dealership. Unfortunately you did not have the opportunity to experience this for yourself. We welcome all feedback from our customers. Whether it be good or bad, we use all of our customers’ feedback and experiences to look for new ways to improve our processes to we may create the best dealership experience possible. We would very much like to speak with you further about this situation. Please contact Frank Allen at 347-964-8311 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with you, and the opportunity to earn back your business.

123peter
11/03/2015

"Worst of the Worst"

I was considering purchase X5 at this place but they cannot sell to me as I may have a chance sell the car to China for make profited. so i ask to have my deposit back as i paid 1k in cash, they advised will send the check to me asap. However, it has been almost a year already I still have not receive the check. Every time i am trying to contact them, they all says sent already and will send one again...... what a useless service.....

November 18, 2015

Peter, thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you have not been completely satisfied with your experience at our dealership. We have looked into this issue, and we have found that your deposit has in fact been refunded to you last week. There was a lapse in time due to a change of address issue. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to working with you again in the future, and earning back your business.

J. Tong
10/28/2015

"This is my 2nd brand new X5 delivery by BMW of Bayside"

The most friendly dealer I have ever walk in. I have own numbers of luxury cars Audi, MB, LR, Infiniti etc... I replace 2 new cars in every 2 to 3 years from end of lease. So, I deal with many dealers in my past. So far BMW of Bayside have the highest score on my list. I have place an order for a brand new custom spec 2016 X5 M sport. Normally for custom order will takes from 5 to 6 weeks for delivery. Don't know how she did it, but mind take less than 3 weeks. From order to delivery Shirley make sure all go smooth. There is an extra credit for Shirley, She also help me order a set of all weather mats. The day I go pick them up. I was stopping at the red light in front of the dealer and about to look for a spot to park. She ran outside with the floor mat in her hand and delivery them to me without I getting off the car. How cool she is! That"s what I call services! Total recommend this lady to everyone looking for the best service out from BMW!

October 29, 2015

Wow, than you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your wonderful feedback, J. Tong! It is wonderful Shirley was able to not only make sure your buying experience at our dealership left you completely satisfied, but also worked her magic to have your special ordered X5 delivered in half the team you expected. Shirley and the rest of our dedicated sales team take great pride in making sure our customers' buying experience are always smooth, fun and hassle-free. BMW is a higher standard of brand, and we believe our customers deserve a higher standard of service to match. We truly appreciate your business, and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything more we can do for you. Enjoy your new X5!

Sayma
10/24/2015

"The worst experience"

Got a price before dropping the call and at the time of picking it up they changed the price and said they don't remember talking to me about the price. When I took it home on the way the coolent leaked and had to tow the car back to he dealer. They weren't even sorry and the next day when I drove he car it started to shake every time my foot was in the break. I called back n said y this was happening when it wasn't like that before and they said anything can happen with Germany car and if you want to fix this problem it will be additional 1000 dollar. We said no and wanted to bring back home the car. When we did, one of the door on the car was not working. Before we were able to atleast close the door manually but after bringing the car, we couldn't even do that and had the car parked in the street all open. We called but the service advisor said they can't fix the problem. We brought the car back to the dealer this morning and told them we want our car the way it was because we can't leave our can opened on the street and I am still waiting here because they are denying this whole thing. This is the worst place anyone can come to to have their car fixed.

Greg

November 09, 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear your recent visits with our dealership have not left you completely satisfied. We do our very best to make sure our customers always receive nothing short of the absolute best service they deserve. Customer safety and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we want our customers to feel like their cars run as good as new every time they leave our service department. We are taking your issue very seriously, and would very much like to speak with you further. Please contact Marlo Bellizzi at 516-304-3710 at your earliest convenience. We truly do appreciate your business, and are looking forward to speaking with you soon.

2015x3
9/25/2015

"RUN DONT WALK!"

We had the misfortune of having our 2015 X3 towed here as it was the closest service center. Although I was with a 2 and 4 year old at the time, I was made to wait over an hour for a loaner and some of the rudest, if not the rudest, staff I've ever encountered. Starting from the angry valet, he rudest nastiest girls at the front desk to the indent and unresponsive "manager". I then had to wait two weeks for them to fix the over heat alarm. NO ONE returned any calls during is time including two calls to a supervisor. The rudeness continued when I went to pick up the car. The front desk girls are simply unbelievable. To make matters worse, NO ONE was able to say what was wrong with the car, even though they had it for two weeks, and they simply advised that "it was fixed". My husband and I both drive BMWs and we're on our 5th lease in 6 years. We've leased from Rallye and Freeport and have never received this kind of "service". I would never even consider getting a new car from these folks seeing how they run their service department.

Doug