BMW of Chattanooga

BMW Genius
Sam Gilbreath, Finance Manager, BMW of Chattanooga

Sam Gilbreath

January 09, 2017

"Nothing but Difficulties "

- EricB33

I am not one to write reviews but given my experience here I feel it necessary to share. I bought a 3 year old car from here and within the 5 months of me having it, the car has been at the dealership getting worked on for ~1 month of this time frame. The first time they had my car for TWO WEEKS. Originally the issue was they thought I needed a tire. The tire was back ordered and then after my 1 week rental car was up(warranty covered) the dealership decided to tank test the tire and determined it wasn't a tire issue but in fact a hairline fracture in the wheel. Another week passed and i finally got my car back. This was 2 months into having the car. Why would you wait a full week to tank test the tire? Beyond me. Then I brought it in for routine maintenance at the 5 month mark. Well I have all the extended warranties so it was all going to be covered. Think again, they found that the tire was treading unevenly and the tire was splitting in half. They said the warranty doesn't cover that and so I need two new tires and an alignment(~1K total). Well I've only had the car for 5 months so to say that in that time frame I caused the tire to tread unevenly is ludicrous. Also my front brakes were saying due and screeched occasionally(so it made sense to me they were due). They determined that the CBS data(the condition based monitoring the car does) was incorrect and so they reset it and did not change the brakes. I don't need a vehicle status report to know when I hear brakes screeching.. I got a BMW to not have these types of experiences and the dealership didn't seem to put any priority on getting my car back to me on either occasion it was there. Given this, I requested to speak to the GM and express my thoughts and seek some sort of compensation for not having my car for almost a month out of 5 months of owning it. I spoke to Ray Karnes and he assured me, "I'll tell you this, give me 24 hours to look into your case and I'll get back to you." He called me at 6pm the next day and told me his day got busy with meetings and he would touch base the next day. I never heard from the guy....Another showcase of no sense of me being any type of a priority. Extremely disappointed in my short experiences here. I wish I had good experiences here as it would be very convenient for me. Unfortunately Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I won't chance it a third time here, I am a lost customer with no confidence in bringing my car here again.

January 09, 2017

"Would not honor price posted on website"

- Muhammad Jamil

I was in the market to buy a used BMW 528i. After much research I found a certified 2015 BMW 528i x-drive at the BMW website at the BMW of Chattanooga priced at $24,982. I contacted them on the morning of January 7th 2017 and spoke with Ms Casey Tanner at the dealership. She confirmed the price and I asked her to send me some photographs of the car as I was ready to buy the car but was out of state. I also spoke with Mr Jonathan at the dealership who confirmed that he would mail me the photographs - I also have copies of my email exchange with Ms Tanner if required. After 4 hours of discussion when I called to put finalize the vehicle they told me that the price of the vehicle was now up from the advertised $24,982 to $35,000. I was shocked at this and asked to speak to the manager who told me that nothing could be done. I told him that BMW has advertised this price and they should hold by it especially after it was confirmed to me that morning by Ms Tanner but he was not willing to bring the price down at all. I truly expected better than this from BMW and at least as a courtesy the manager could have discussed other options. Thank you for your time and I am truly disappointed at BMW.

December 29, 2016

"Great car buying experience"

- Tide Man

Cody Bowman was our salesman and he was excellent in follow up issues and maintaining communication throughout the process. I will not hesitate to look at future purchases from this dealership.

New 2017 BMW X3, $54045