Benson Honda

9100 San Pedro,
San Antonio, Texas 78216
Benson Honda Info
About Benson Honda

From Benson Honda - thank you for reviewing our dealership. The Benson family opened San Antonio's first Honda dealership in 1969. Since then, Benson Honda has been serving Honda owners' sales, service and parts needs all across the South Central Texas area. With our Promo Pricing Program, we have made car buying easy. Come in and select your vehicle from our large number of Promo Priced Vehicles at the posted prices. Please feel free to contact any of our managers directly. We proudly sell and service the Accord, Civic, Civic Hybrid, Civic Si, CR-V, Element, Fit, Insight, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline and many certified pre-owned vehicles. Call us today at 210-341-1356.

About Benson Honda

rachelhbell
7/24/2015

"Service Dept is great!"

i came into this dealership instead of my usual because it was close to work. I have a year old Honda that got a dead battery and I had no choice but to replace it through autozone. I came a few days later to this dealership and they agreed to reimburse me my money for the battery and fix the warning lights that came on after my dead battery. the service was above what I expected and I will rec this dealership. Tobin and Greg are awesome!

Tobin Coker

spcwms
7/16/2015

"No return calls"

I purchased an used vehicle over a week ago, finance department completed the paperwork stated it would be sent to my credit union within a few days. Well 10 days later and my credit union still does not have the paperwork from the dealership. I have made 5 attempts to reach the finance department, in which I left 2 messages, talked with Lori who stated she would check the status and call me back. I even requested to talk with the manger only to be sent to his voicemail and no call back from him either. What should have been an easy answer to a question has turned into a nightmare and I still have no answer as to why this process is taking so long. I'll never do business with this company again!!

Don't remember sales persons name

jt0419
6/18/2015

"Sold a Defective Car"

Good afternoon, I tried reaching out to the Benson dealership I purchased my vehicle from, but the assistance given was not up to my standards. I will try to give the short version of my experience. Last Wednesday, June 10th, I purchased a used VW CC 2010 from Benson Honda. Test drive went great, and purchase experience was fine, but what happened after is my concern. I drove the car home and started to notice a tug on the transmission going into/out of first gear. I would release the brake pedal and the car would jerk on it's own, non stop. I took the car back to Benson the next day and they told me they wouldn't be able to take it a VW dealer till Friday. I said that's fine, but I do not want to drive this vehicle, it's not safe. A few hours later they had informed me it was taken to VW Alamo Heights. Alamo Heights said everything checked out just fine, but to drive in sports mode to alleviate the problem. In my mind I was thinking I shouldn't have to alter my driving experience for something I just bought 24 hours prior. I went along with the diagnosis and tried sport mode, issue still persisted. When I looked at the paperwork, I noticed the date and mileage were before all before my purchase date. Benson Honda had taken in my vehicle for the SAME exact issue I was concerned with. I was informed by Benson that because VW checked out the car and said it was ok, they went ahead and deemed the car suitable to sell. The problem I have though is Benson thought well enough to take the car in for said issue, but they were satisfied with VW saying everything was OK. I went back to Benson with this information and I was repeatedly told to deal with VW, that it was no longer Benson's issue. I did have the used sales manager reach out to me earlier this week trying to assist me, but he offered to pay for the repairs (which were no cost thanks to extended warranty I purchased) and to give me a vehicle to drive while my car was being worked on (I already made arrangements ). I contacted the general manager of this incident and got no reply from him. The main issue I have is I was sold a car that knowingly had a defect. Then when I found said defect I was told to deal with VW on my own. The car needed a whole new computer for the transmission and I have not yet been able to drive my car. I am hoping this message gets seen by the right individuals and handled appropriately.

Expect the unexpected
5/06/2015

"RUDE AND WAITING TOOO LONG FOR RECALL PARTS"

You guys are the worst in the Service Center. I called on March 16, 2015 for a Recall Notice. I waited. I called back about 2 weeks ago and I was told not to call and that I will get a call when the parts come in. There was a back order for my parts. BS !!!! I called today and I find out by another gentleman that I was NOT in your system for making the call on March 16, 2015. Why is that !!!! Then it's going to take ALL Day to replace my parts. IT only takes 3 hours to do the work. I spoke with another dealership and that is what they told me. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND BENSON HONDA TO ANYONE !!!! I will take my business elsewhere....

Service department

Geoff D.
4/02/2015

"Not a good experience"

Went to Benson to purchase an LXS coupe in red. Not only was I told over the phone it was in stock, but they would accept my offer of 23500.00 drive out. I told them I would drive in from Corpus and buy that day. The manager Jason was going to hold the keys for me. When I got there it took more than 30 minutes to find the car. I was then told they didn't have the red only the blue!! I asked why they hadn't known that before I drove all the way in and the "manager" said the inventory must hadn't been updated. That to me was an incompetent excuse. They offered to trade for one but it would have an additional pricing of 1200.00 dollars because of extra equipment or I could just buy the blue one for 800.00 more.Typical car salesman dishonesty. The sales person looked confused and asked another sales person what an LXS was? Considering this was a pre-determined deal it should have been an easy experience. He then suggested I get lunch while they try to come up with a solution. I ended up leaving and buying at Fernandez. They may have a new building, but definitely the same old car tricks.

Mike

yul
2/14/2015

"full of deception"

I was with honda benson since I moved here in San Antonio. At first I was satisfied maybe because someone or one of the service technician was honest. Well he moved out. that's when I started to have problems. They will fool you in telling you that you need to fix this and fix that or change this or that even though the parts are good. And for the price of service is so high. I made a comparison and I saw the difference. I made a better business bureau complaint.

employee resigned

j2thalo
9/16/2014

"Process was a breeze!!!!"

Vivian, Chris, and Claudia were awesome. All so personable and very helpful. If you want an excellent customer service experience and the feeling of no pressure...just having a conversation with a good friend ASK FOR VIVIAN she will take care of you!

RC Vivenza
9/10/2014

"Searching for an honest mechanic"

I had been a loyal Benson customer since 1984. The only two brand new cars I've ever purchased were from Benson dealerships and it is sad that a change in their Service Department business practices can wreck that trust, but Benson has lost me as a customer forever. Add them to the list of the dishonest who will bring a customer in for routine maintenance and sabotage other systems in an attempt at a dishonestly earned buck. For an oil change its been a bad two day ordeal. My name is Richard Vivenza. I am a San Antonio native and I stand by what I say. If you know of a Honda Service shop that you trust please feel free to inform me at: dvivenza@hotmail.com

Kim Wallace, Service Advisor

Benson Honda responded to this review

September 25, 2014

Dear Mr. Vivenza, As we had spoken before, I understand you are not happy with the dealership, and we will cover the cost to repair your issue 100%. Once again, I am sorry you think that we would purposely sabotage your car to make you come back and spend more money. That is not a practice we condone here. As you may know, vehicle of older age may experience this blower motor issue putting out to many amps causing the resistor to burn out along with the blower motor. Unfortunately it happened at the same time your oil change and transmission service was done. That being said if you feel that we did this on purpose, we are willing to stand up and offer to pay for the repair 100%, as well as providing you a loaner vehicle during your repair for your trouble. Thank you for your time, Kent Thompson Service Manager Benson Honda

lilmama2011
9/02/2014

"Seamless process"

Vivian Aguon is the gal to see! On August 30th I found the CR-V I was interested in online. Scheduled an appointment with Vivian. She had it up front ready for us to test drive by the time we arrived at dealership. Service was great & process was seamless. Thank you Vivian!

Susan Stratton

Omieclaudette
8/29/2014

"Friendly"

Vivian Aguon is very nice and pleasant to work with. I especially appreciated her helping me with the setup info in the car before I left. It is comforting to know I can still call her anytime with questions.

Ian Mcgoldrick