Bertera Nissan

Sunday 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

IHateCars
7/20/2015

"Scam Artists"

I called in response to a mailer they sent out that contained information regarding a meeting that occurred on July 6th regarding cars like mine. It included a forwarded memo from Steve Bertera himself that apparently urged his salesmen to ensure "a good offer was on the table". It included info about me and my car and told me to contact a salesman by the name of Anthony and gave me the number. My car is a 2012 Nissan Versa with 30,000 miles on it. The letter said call me ASAP we would like to see your car. I called them today to inquire about the purchase. First off, the contact named Anthony didn't pick up his phone and I instead got "Chet". I told him what I currently owe on the car and the details of the car. He then quickly change the topic to a trade-in evaluation rather than the cash offer the email eluded to. I told him that I liked my car and that any offer would have to be a really good deal in order to consider trading in a 3 year old car with 30,000 miles on it. Especially considering I only have 1 year left on the loan. He then told me he would talk to Anthony and see what he could get me for a deal. I gave him my number and got off the phone. He called me back 10 minutes later. Despite us talking about a Nissan Versa replacement we had gone to a Sentra only discussion. He said that he told "Anthony" that I'd prefer a Sentra. A sentence I never uttered and that he would "go to bat for me to get me a good deal" which I already thought was on the table due to the phantom memo from Steve Bersera himself. He then laid out the lamest possible offer. An offer that was barely more than what I still owe on the car. I understand negotiation but this gave off the impression that the salesman was ruthless and uncaring - considering it was them who mailed me. "Chet" continued to say that he would fight for me, but the impression was already there. His tone, approach, and ruthlessness gave off a terrible vibe and made the entire establishment look like they were trying to swindle customers. Why reach out to me if at the end of the day you can't even offer me more than I owe on the car (which isn't much, by the way). Stupid trick fooled me into giving them a call. Good thing I didn't swing by the dealership to investigate in person and waste a whole day. Garbage.

Chet \ Anthony

G Leb
10/30/2014

"One very happy consumer!!"

I went in to trade an Nissan Pathfinder SV I had previously purchased there I left there the same day in a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum Premium something I could never imagine especially not at the price and the great interest rate that I got. My sales person was Mike Mastroiani whom I asked for by name because I had made the previous purchase through him I then finalized the purchase with Amir also the other party involved in my previous purchase both are very pleasant, encouraging and lack that pressuring nature to purchase that most other salesman have which is great seeing as no one wants to feel pressured into buying a vehicle. Both these gentlemen went above and beyond working with the banks and myself to find the best deal possible so that I left feeling great and comfortable with the purchase I was making, in my eyes not only because of how they worked with me but because of their whole demeanor which speaks volumes of their character I believe should have some type of recognition in customer appreciation because they truly are what one expects in a salesperson and some. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to purchase a vehicle whether it be a family member, friend or even a stranger to head down to Bertera Nissan and see Mike Mastroiani as well as Amir they are on point and exceptionally pleasant. Mike and Amir you guys are awesome thanks for all your hard work and help we are very happy to have worked with you once again, Rosa & Glenda!!

Mike Mastroiani & Amir

vickyprodigy
10/03/2014

"unprofessional"

when we came for a trade in, they under balled the trade price and when a deal could not be made they riduculed me and made fun of my driving skills based on a quote in my keychain.

jason

gentry410
9/12/2014

"Left feeling great, a quick fact check changed all of that. "

I initially went in ready to buy, and had picked the vehicle I was ready to purchase. Upon negotiating the trade-in of an existing leased vehicle from another manufacturer, that was financed through Ally, I was told that I was not entitled to know the payoff amount for the vehicle, as Ally (GM) dealerships had the first right of refusal to purchase it. This made sense at the time, and the business manager called over to Bertera's sister GM dealership in Palmer to get the lease payoff amount from them. In the meantime, I did a little homework of my own, calling a friend at another GM dealership to have them pull the information for me as well. My salesperson at Bertera Nissan called back the following day with the payoff amount and told me it was approximately $22,000. I was happy, as this was a bit lower than I had estimated, and agreed to come back in and do the deal later that day. I arrived, went through the business process and F&I, and left, with a delivery scheduled for the following day. I had already signed all of the contracts based on the information given to me by the Bertera salespeople. I picked up my car the following day. Shortly after, I got the phone call from my friend at the other GM dealership, who told me the payoff amount for a dealer to purchase my trade-in was approximately $20,000, or $2,000 less than what Bertera had written into my deal. I had already signed the paperwork, and the deal was done. To add insult to injury, a few days later, Bertera sent me a check for $5.00 for miscalculated taxes. As a result of this transaction, I wouldn't recommend doing business with them, and I certainly won't even consider walking through the doors again, let alone bringing my vehicle there for service. I've purchased 5 new cars in the past 10 years, and am a salesperson myself. I am a very confident, and relatively skilled negotiator, and didn't even see it coming. Anyone who is an amateur car buyer, or even simply a trusting consumer, will be easily taken advantage of here. The entire experience left me feeling uneasy, especially since the average consumer in my situation never would've known that they were being taken to the cleaners in this type of transaction, given the secrecy around the payoff amount for the previously leased vehicle. I'm not sure that Bertera Nissan is 100% at fault, as it's disturbing that my previous leasing company would not release the payoff information to me, the customer.

N/A (My salesperson was not fully at fault)

amg1612
9/09/2014

"First time buyer"

I found the staff at this dealership very friendly and helpful. As a first time buyer, I felt vulnerable until I visited this dealership. The sales manager made good on all of his promises and even put brand new tires on my vehicle. The finance office was able to help me save 4% worth of interest and brought the vehicle I was interested in well within my budget. Once I was in the finance office, my options were made very clear to me and I was able to purchase additional warranty coverage at a great value. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone I know. I never felt confused throughout the process as I had at dealerships that I visited prior to this dealership. It was a refreshing surprise to find such a friendly staff that were more helpful than pushy! I would feel comfortable sending friends and family here and will more than likely to be back for my next vehicle purchase.

Matt,Jason

angelaha
4/28/2014

"Honest and Friendly"

My experience with Bertera was very pleasant. Unfortunately the vehicle model/color I wanted was trade in earlier in the day but they were able to receive another one in. They were honest about the process and held their word on the time frame it would take to receive the vehicle in. When I received the vehicle I got a great overview of the features in the car and had any questions answers I had. I would definitely recommended someone to this dealership. I had a poor experience at Ron Bourchard's of Lunenburg and Bertera was able to turn my experience of purchasing a new vehicle positive.

Matt Duszak

ToddSlater
2/08/2014

"This was my second visit to this dealership in seven..."

This was my second visit to this dealership in seven months, for a new Nissan Versa Note. Anthony provided excellent service and even went out of his way to get me the car a really wanted, to replace the other Note. Vinnie in finance took good care of me and got me into payments that I could manage. Kudos to both. The service department is also great. Jackie took care of my older Versa when I brought it in for recall work in January 2014, and to find out why and fix the check engine light. All in all, I had a great experience at Bertera Nissan and will be bringing my new car in for regular service, when needed. Thanks!

Anthony Strickland

yabimby11
10/02/2013

"I recently purchased a certified pre owned car from..."

I recently purchased a certified pre owned car from Bertera Nissan of Auburn. Joe, Vinny and Jason did a great job helping me find the right car for me. Vinny was very helpful in the loan department. These guys are #1 in my book and I will recommend Bertera to all my family and friends. Thanks again guys, great job. Sincerely, David Ducharme

Joe Colitti, Vinny Rizzo, Jason Testagrossa

ENicoleM
9/25/2013

"Went into the dealership earlier this year, not really..."

Went into the dealership earlier this year, not really looking to purchase a new verhicle as I already loved the Xterra that I had, but they had awesome deals for 2012 Xterra's and I was amazed at Mike Mastroianni's professionalism, attentiveness and complete lack of the high pressure sales that I've come to expect at any given dealership over the years. Amir was also incredibly kind and patient, and was able to work some amazing financial magic to get me into the Xterra I wanted. Being a woman going into a dealership can be stressful, yet I didn't feel like I was taken advantage of the entire process of purchasing my new ride. I recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a new or used Nissan!

Mike Mastroianni

rguzz99
9/04/2013

"I went into Bertera Nissan with my father looking to buy..."

I went into Bertera Nissan with my father looking to buy a car for him. Due to the excellent customer service displayed by our sales rep Chad R my dad and I both purchased two 2013 Nissan Rogue's. Our sales rep Chad R, was friendly, knowledgeable and flexible with the prices. Would definitely recommend Bertera Nissan to my family and friends.

Chad R