I purchased through the Costco Auto program, and I highly recommend purchasing vehicles from Jonathon Saba. Our experience at this dealer was overall excellent. We were extremely satisfied with the sales consultant - Jon. I was less impressed (if at all) of my experience with the business manager. The review below lists both experience.
Here are the reasons we recommend Jon.
1) Patience - Jon was very patient in answering all of our questions, even those that may not seem so relevant to the purchase of a vehicles - for example, where is the Honda's headquarter. He answered questions with patience and did not show any annoyance.
2) Gratitude & sincere - Jon made us felt that our efforts to trust a sales consultant was appreciated. Jon told us, more than once, that our business with him means a lot to him; that our return to purchase the vehicle meant a lot to him (we did not make the purchase on our initial visit). He was sincerely and I appreciate his gratitude. He didn't take us for granted just because Brewster Honda has the best price (and if he was only acting sincere, then he is a very talented actor).
3) Not pushy - while I can feel the pressure of buying car, I did not feel uncomfortable. The amount of pressure was just enough to let me know that - yes, he wants to make the sale, but no, I don't need to tell him to back off.
4) Easy going but professional - Jon is very easy going, makes jokes but extremely professional and detailed-oriented. He drove us to see the car multiple times: once to see the exterior is black, then to see the upholster is black, then to compare if we want grey or black upholster. He wanted to make sure that every step of the process is accurate; that we have a full understanding of what we are paying, and that we are happy.
5) Helpful - This relates to our first impression at the dealer. When we pulled in the lot, Jon was standing outside. He saw us, waved to say hi, greeted us, and walked us to our appointment with Toni. I didn't know he was going to be our sales consultant and he probably didn't know we will be his customer. The point is, he could have stood there, nodded, and said - "the receptionist is inside."
Note that bullets 1-5 occurred prior to we pay for the car.
6) Professional even after we bought the car - We got the keys and Jon sat inside the car and showed us how to operate the screen, connect blue tooth, the wheel lock, etc. It was a Saturday and we had been at the dealer since 9:30. Everyone was exhausted, I was getting inpatient and wanted to go home, but Jon maintained his patience and helped us settled in the new car.
7) Jon showed us around and introduced us to the manager and service shop. He wanted to make sure that when we come in the next time, we know where to go and who to see. This is very thoughtful of him and we appreciated it.
Jonathon Saba is an extremely professional sales consultant who is knowledgeable of Honda vehicles as well as the overall car industry. He is patient, sincere, not pushy, respectful, easy going, helpful, and pleasant to work with. He is fully aware of his role and goal as a sales consultant and he is talented and outstanding at his job. I would highly recommend purchasing vehicle with him.
A side not - ask Job for his Ceviche recipe.
Below is my review for the experience with the business manager - Terrible and tragic.
We had the most terrible experience (and human interaction) with the business manager. It was the attitude, comments, and remarks that really threw us off. We as customers, make our decisions and approach to purchase based on our preference, and understanding of our financial situation. I did not feel comfortable nor happy with how we were treated. It is our choice to buy or not buy products that are being offered to us, and a professional business manager should not have let us felt that we are wasting his time because for the records, we were not interested in sitting down a business manager at the first place.
Did you find this review helpful?