Camelback Toyota

1550 East Camelback Road,
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Camelback Toyota Info
About Camelback Toyota

This is a state of the art facility utilizing "green and solar" technology. Please allow us to show you why we are an 5 time winner of Toyota's highest award, "The Presidents Cabinet Award" given to only 12 Dealers in the U.S. We want to earn your business your way!

About Camelback Toyota

• Flat Screen TV's
  • Complimentary WiFi
Jeffrey Guyton
7/21/2016

"Does this kind of customer service really exist?? YOU BET!!!"

My wife and I were really die-hard Larry Miller Toyota customers (both in car purchase and service). But for whatever reason we decided to give Camelback Toyota a try. The first person we ran into that evening was Kevin Poole and he's now sold us two cars and we'll be back for another in January 2017 (approx.) for our daughter. Kevin is everything we always hoped in a salesperson: good listener, caring, humble, sincere, family values, and NO PRESSURE. But this type of customer service doesn't end with Kevin, its that way from the beginning of the purchase to the end. These car buying adventures can be especially difficult for us to tolerate. We'll walk out if we sense that the dealer is just wanting to make a sale (not caring if we can afford it or not). With Camelback, if they can't give us exactly what we want, they don't try to sell us something else just to make a sale. Kevin worked for four months trying find the exact vehicle (2013 Highlander) we wanted (with the exact options we wanted). That's not the best part though. Two days after signing all of the paperwork to the finalize the loan with Lou Alsaadi, Lou called us back to the dealership to sign new paperwork that lowered our interest rate from 9.9% to 5.5%! What dealership does that after everything was already finalized? On our second purchase (2016 Corolla), we were really in a bind. Our 2007 Camry was starting to have frequent mechanical problems and I had taken the day off to find another car. Unfortunately, Kevin Poole had already left for the day (he wasn't even scheduled to work that day). I was desperate to get a car that day, because that was the only day that week I could do it. So reluctantly, I called Kevin on his cell phone and interrupted the lunch he was having with his mom! But Kevin (being Kevin), said that he was almost done and that he would be happy to come in. This guy spent four hours with us on his day off, unbelievable. I have to add the great help we received from Synabou Ndiaye and Christopher Chavez on that day as well. If you don't buy a car here, at least try the service department. We love the service department (Chris Mill is awesome)!!! To Camelback Management, you really practice what you preach. THANK YOU!!!

donna 123
7/13/2016

"Not truthful"

I purchased a used car from this dealership. All they care about it getting the sale! They will say anything to get the sale! If one person does not work, they shift to another. I did purchase a car from them in spite of the riffraff. The very worst part of the deal was when I got to the financing department. I had a lengthy conversation with the person who worked with me about how I did not want my credit ran more than once. He understood and promised that this would not happen. In fact he put it in writing! Somehow in the paperwork, the comment he put in writing disappeared. He explained how they only run the credit once and then he goes to work with ALL of his "connections" and get the best rate possible. Not true, he ran my credit twice and I ended up with the same rate that I had already been approved for. Instead of using the financing that I was already approved for, he went through Wells Fargo. I am pretty certain this is because of kickbacks they get for doing this. I spoke with someone from dealership who was supposed to get me in touch with the customer satisfaction representative. Instead I received a call from the sales person that I worked with originally. Not the person that I wanted to speak with. I even told them that if I did not get to the bottom of this I was going to write a review about my experience. Well, here I am. When I received my care there was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter in the console. They must have really checked it out good; not! MY REVIEW IS THAT THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS! JUST ABOUT GETTING THE SALE.

Robert Tegland
7/11/2016

"Car buying actually made easy."

I have given business to this dealership for the past nine years, this go around is my fourth lease. The customer service it excellent, the service department is fantastic. I did have a bad experience my last go around, which I did let them know. With such a large dealership I'm sure there will always be something that goes wrong or something that doesn't want to be heard. This go around I was dealing with Richie Davidson and Billy Frasier. Richie heard about my last experience and turned it right around. They both listened to what I wanted, catered to my needs as a buyer, and made this experience a great one. I highly recommend contacting Richie if you are in need of a car, buying or leasing. He made me a repeat customer of this dealership and I am very satisfied with our interaction.

July 14, 2016

Thank you very much Mr. Tegland for taking your time to share your experience. Your kind words are much appreciated, but I hope you know how much we care about you and value your loyalty to The Camelback Family Team...

Kdubsupreme
7/09/2016

"No pressure, no problem with Bob"

I call him an anti-salesperson and I mean that as a compliment. I like his style, he's just there to help provide shelter aide and comfort. I felt like he was honest and transparent.

July 14, 2016

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. It is truly our pleasure that we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to a long relationship . Also, professional surely enjoyed your comments.

Sequoia
7/08/2016

"Appreciate the integrity of this service department"

I have been using Camelback Toyota since 2003 with the purchase of my 1st Sequoia. I have owned three. I get a minimum of 9-10 oil changes a year. Sold my last Sequoia with 394,000 miles. Believing that I have had great vehicles, but the Service department has been a huge factor. They answer me honestly with no service sales pitch. I really appreciate that. The workmanship of the technicians has never failed me. I live 3 1/2 hours from this dealership but their attention to customer service has created a loyal customer. Customer service in the home building industry was my occupation and I truly believe we have the ability to create the best or worst customer. I feel very confident in recommending Camelback Toyota. Some of the great advisors I have had and used on a regular basis are Alfonso, Jon, Robert and Jose. Thanks

July 14, 2016

We are so happy to read your opinions of your long relationship with The Camelback Team. I feel you are a very important part of our family. Thank you very much for definitely going out of your way to to continue to do business with us. You mean a lot to all of us, and we don't take your 3 1/2 hour drive lightly.

MariTina 6501
6/21/2016

"always the best service"

my Rav 4 only gets Toyota dealer service I did try other places but I realized that Toyota Dealer knows my car and what it needs that is why I only use Toyota service center on Camel Back

Daniel Henry
6/10/2016

"Warrenty Recall notice and no one cares!"

I received a warranty recall from Toyota for my 2005 Tacoma rear suspension. I took my truck into Camelback Toyota on May 9, 2016 and my Service Advisor, David Marentes, informed me that they would have to replace the rear leaf springs and the replacement parts were ordered and would be there in 10 days. I called eleven days later, May 20, 2016 to check on the status of my service and left a message for my service advisor to call me and back. He never has!!!!! It has now been 30 days since my initial visit and I have made calls and left voice messages for the parts department and the manager as well as the service manager and NO ONE has returned my calls. All I want is to have the warranty work done but apparently no one cares!

June 10, 2016

Dear Daniel, thank you for bringing this to my attention and please know this is not the kind of customer service you should expect from our team. I understand that we have scheduled an appointment with you next week for the warranty repair. Again, thank you for making me aware of this and thank you for your business. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at 602-266-2611. Eric Murphy, Camelback Toyota Service Director.

Ellena3282
6/05/2016

"Great and Honest Service!"

Though there are closer Toyota dealerships to my home, I drive the extra distance into Phoenix to Camelback's service department. Robert always advices me on what I need to address and repairs are always at a reasonable rate.

The Schneemans
6/04/2016

"Our exceptional service at Camelback Toyota"

My husband and I can't begin to tell you the great experience we've had with Camelback Toyota over the past 17 years. I will everyone knew that your car will last longer with their exceptional service representatives and top notch mechanics. Plus, we've learned that Toyota parts are made especially for Toyota. Other parts do not work as well. We highly recommending buying your next Toyota there and keep it serviced there. I've met customers in the lounge that drive there car from Flagstaff to Phoenix just to have them service their car. Thank you, Camelback Toyota!!!

Trinny Tat
5/25/2016

"Deny the offer that THEY made"

If I can give them 0 star, I would, to the boss of Spencer, the salesperson, who I think his name is John that denied the offer that he made. In the beginning, I also made an offer of paying $395 a month for 60 months with $0 down payment and 0% interest. I told Spencer when he changed his mind, to call me back (previously, they offered me somewhere about $420 a month which I would not take for such an expensive price). Today, Wednesday, May 25, 2016. Spencer called me back, saying that since Memorial Day is coming up, they would give me a discount of $395/month. I made it clear that it has to be $395/month for 60 months with $0 down payment and 0% interest. Later on, I called back to make sure the second time and if it is the price, I would drive down from Mesa to Camelback and take the car today. Spencer said he will double check with his boss again. A few hours later, Spencer called back asking me if I would come down to Camelback. I asked him for the third time that is it $395/month for 60 months with $0 down and 0% interest (I listed all those conditions in the question that I asked three times). Spencer agreed and told me to speak with his boss. When I spoke with his boss, I reaffirm my conditions above and his boss said the price is too low. What is disrespectful here is that after the offer Camelback Toyota gave me, now they denied the offer and said that there was some miscommunication. I do not know if you record the phone talk or not, if yes, go back and listen to the $395/month $0 down 0% interest and how Spencer even repeated that. I am so disappointed that the head of Camelback Toyota (John NOT Spencer) swept us through with such a low-level excuse after many times calling and confirming. If you do not want the "miscommunication" that they tell you the price you like and later deny that it is "too low" and they never said that, then do not come here. You will waste many hours of your time. To Camelback Toyota, if you recorded the conversation, please go back and listen to the offer you made to me.

John (Spencer's Boss)

June 10, 2016

Hello, Trinny. Here at Camelback Toyota, we know how essential it is to have the trust of our customers, and we are so sorry that we have broken that trust with you. We can assure you that we would never intentionally deceive a customer. We will be reviewing the phone call and taking any necessary actions upon review of that phone call. Please reach out to Kim McKay, Customer Relations Manager 602-264-2841 so we can begin to earn back your trust.

Reviews of Jose Tijerino