Capitol Subaru

Sales Professional

Rory Casebeer, Sales Manager, Capitol Subaru

Rory Casebeer

July 20, 2017

"Long waits, poor quality"

- unsatisfied in Salem

The wait: I took our 2005 Outback in for several recall services, and Amy and Whitney told me it would take 6 hours. After 8 hours it wasn't done and I had to schedule another day to come back. The second time it was supposed to take "a couple hours." It took 5 hours. While they worked on it I ran several errands so walked by the service garage once every hour or so. My car was outside the garage almost every time I walked by. I'm fairly sure they had me schedule appointments so they could park it and have me wait in line. I do know I caught a mechanic at the moment he finished the work, and he was turning the paperwork in. They were just going to wash it and give me the keys. It took 50 minutes from that point. The service: The second day I was promised a loaner car for my troubles, but they tried to back out off that offer when I arrived. When the work was completed there were loose, unconnected wires hanging down in the footwells of my car. Because of those wires, after I was 5 minutes from home, the check engine light came on and I had to drive back to the dealer, wait in line again, and have them check it out. I also asked the parts desk about a replacement key fob, to check against the prices and research I had done previously. His answers were contradictory to every other expert I spoke with, saying I HAD to buy their brand materials or things wouldn't work. He was likely lying to make a sale. None of this gave me the impression that they are competent at the job they did, and now I don't have less peace of mind with my vehicle than before I took it in. The bottom line is, they took forever, did a terrible job, and treated me like a number or a gear in their money machine. They do have a nice facility and smile a lot. It would be great for an oil change, but when push comes to shove, they won't support you and will likely use you for profit.

Amy, Whitney

July 09, 2017

"Friendly, honest and easy going. "

- yobos4vr

i happened to have great timing and walked right into the middle of a team meeting. I was promptly greeted with a very friendly attitude. Matt Collins then introduced himself and off we went to look at vehicles. He went over all the features of the outback and forester and I decided on an outback. We went over the different colors and trim levels. After a 20 minute test drive the time came for the dreaded numbers game. Enter Chris Dupont who came over with the first set of numbers. Of course it had the selling price close to sticker price and since I was trading in a motorcycle he hadn't heard back from his sources on the value of my bike so he didn't know what to offer me. Rather than play the back and forth game I said what I wanted to pay for the car and what I wanted to get for my trade. Both numbers were realistic and based on research into their values. After awhile they had an offer on my motorcycle that was lower than I would accept so I said no. Rather than me sit there all day while they did work to get a value I left and about 45 minutes later I received a phone call and they made an offer on my bike that was near my acceptable range and the price of the car was in my acceptable range so I said I would be back later to sign the papers. I appreciated the upfront honesty and willingness to go back and forth or try to talk down my trade or the other tricks they try. They didn't try and add on % to the interest and I got 0% . All In all a pleasant experience and they both earned my business the good old fashioned honest way.

Matt Collins Chris DuPont

July 09, 2017

"New Car "

- New Car Buyer

Me and my girlfriend went to Capitol Subaru to purchase a new car since we wanted something safer. Craig was extremely helpful, and professional and helped us get into the right vehicle. Thanks Subaru!

Craig Puff